• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why did you start?

My older brother used to watch wrestling in the later part of the Monday Night Wars (when WCW were getting their asses handed to them) and after WCW went down, he stopped watching wrestling. In 2003, there was a new channel in the UK called "wrestling TV" or something which put on a lot of wrestling shows and we started watching (at this point I was old enough to click on with what was going on). One company stood out from the rest. AJ Styles was my favourite wrestler growing up and I ended up being a TNA-die hard.

We didn't have cable and out of the 5 channels I could watch, one had AAA wrestling. That started my shameful love affair with pro wrasslin'.

As odd as it sounds I was born a wrestling fan. My dad, uncles and grandpa were all big wrestling fans, 3 of my earliest memory of my life is watching the No Holds Barred PPV (the movie than the cage match), "The Ultimate Challenge" via close circuit and the debut of The Undertaker at the 1990 Survivor Series. Being such a fan for so long is a big reason I get so frustrated with the current product because they are better than they've been showing.

I grew up watching WWF, AWA, WCW, and Stampede Wrestling and even when I'm not watching the current product I still watch tons of wrestling due to all the content I've accumulated over the years, the only reason I own a VCR is because of my wrestling collection. I love it and for my taste when done right is the best form of entertainment out there.

2005/06, I started intermittently watching after I saw guys like Benoit, Angle, Finlay, Batista, Undertaker, etc... performing on Smackdown on my television when I was flipping through channels. Started seriously watching during the Batista vs King Booker storyline, which I thought was the shit back then. Also made me a Batista & Booker T fan for life, and probably why I preferred watching Smackdown & ECW (they ran in a three hour block) over Raw up until around 2010/11, around which time I started going online and discovered there was an IWC and TNA.

I watched is occasionally but 2003 Survivor Series got me hooked till about 2010 where I stopped watching everything except PPV's.

TNA was probably around the same time.

First match I remember seeing was the Rock vs Trips in a steel cage match on Monday Night Raw. I didn't have regular access to Sky Sports though, so for the next year or two I could only watch HEAT on a sunday morning and PPVs.

I randomly happened across AWA on ESPN in the early to mid 80s, and I dug it. Really been watching off an on since.

Started watching on and off around 1998 or so when my cousin came over with one of the video games, thought process was "the video game's fun, the show should be fun too" - turned out the show was kinda meh but the idea of people fighting each other for reasons other than just "I want title, you have title, lets fight" interested me so I stayed in the loop waiting for something to catch my eye. 15 years later and I still haven't managed to watch an entire RAW the whole way through, although I've stopped watching everything except NXT since HHH decided to go back to television.

My dad and brother were fans. When I was old enough to comprehend what was going on (1993) I immediately became a fan of Bret Hart.

Huh. It's my 20 year anniversary of being a wrestling fan. I feel so old.

I believe I started watching around 1995 when Bret, HBK, Sid, Taker, Yoko and the clowns ran the show. I was a huge Bret fan until Austin captivated Me. First I couldnt stand him picking on Bret until I realized he truly had an "I dont give a fuck" attitude that inspired me to do my own thing and not worry how anyone feels. I've been a wrestling fan ever since

I remember the Boxing Match where Tyson bit off Holyfield's ear and how that's all people were talking about. I heard it at Home, at school, and on TV.

I was channel surfing one night and I saw Mike Tyson on TV. As a kid, I was like, "Hey! That's the guy that bit off that other dude's ear!"

And then, Stone Cold came out looking badass, talked trash to Tyson, gave him the finger, pushed him and ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE! I was going crazy!

Hooked ever since.

LyaBgDt.jpg

It was watching it at my grans when I was younger than 5. World of Sport on channel 3. That and Survivor Series 1990 oh and Royal Rumble.

Warriors.jpg

It started with Bret Hart, Shawn, and others, but I got really hooked in with the NWO. And this is with hindsight, but I was too young (or not alive yet) to see or remember the glory days of Hulkamania, so seeing Hogan as a bad guy felt special.

And I became a fanatic for all things pro wrestling after watching everything live for the first time. It was a WCW house show with Goldberg in the main event, and I can't remember, who was in the ring, but I'll never forget Arn Anderson at ringside for a tag team match. The crowd kept chanting "Horsemen suck!" so Arn grabs a mic, and he says "Horsemen suck, huh? Well I think Miami sucks!" Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back