Would this work?

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
Since the brand split is coming back, a thing I would have for both shows regarding NXT would be a concept similar to TNA's Gut Check. Once a month have an NXT guy challenge a RAW or Smackdown guy for their roster spot. The authority figure would pick the opponent. It'll be a way to bring people up that seems fair plus it gives expiring contracts an easy exit and gives an easy exit for people to get repackaged in NXT. You could have guys like Darren Young, Breeze/Fandango team and The Shining Stars doing their new gimmick there instead of on the main roster plus it gives somebody like Apollo Crews, Braun Strowman and Ascension a quick way to get back to NXT or even a gauge to see how they are received. You could have saw Crews get a lukewarm debut then have him lose and go back to NXT and work on a different gimmick. I think if you keep it to 2 people a month then you won't run out of impressive candidates for awhile as you'll have to throw in a Mojo Rawley or Elias Samson to lose every once in a while.

So as the thread title question says, would this work?

It's a concept that would get old pretty fast and the fact of the matter is that there are quite a few wrestlers in NXT that aren't ready to be used on the main roster, which could become abundantly clear during the matches themselves. NXT is WWE's developmental brand/territory, that is NXT's primary purpose and there may well be wrestlers on the main roster who'd rather be outright released than be demoted down to the developmental roster.

Generally speaking, WWE brings NXT wrestlers to the main roster a few times of the year, often via surprise, with the most notable night being the post WrestleMania Raw, and I think that's how it should be kept. MAYBE it's something that could be looked at and considered 5 years or so down the line but WWE has been going through quite a few changes already and the changes are still coming with the return of the brand split. This is something that just seems unnecessary right now, at least to me.

It could be a good one off storyline but that is about it. Fighting to get on or stay on the main roster has a far more serious feel than the title nowadays. Think of every fan that can relate to just hoping to keep their job or get a promotion. However, it would get old fast if done continuously and I'm not sure if the money would work.

I think the angle would be problematic in that it suggests NXT is a punishment. NXT should be considered a lateral move at worst, or a promotion for those failing on Raw or Smackdown.

No one should be risking their roster spot unless their character is being written out. Maybe a variation on this could be a character debuting having to earn their spot in a match.

Any kind of regular or annual match to earn a roster spot pigeonholes creative into promoting someone on a regular or semi-regular basis. What if no one is ready? The Raw after Mania seems to basically being fulfilling this role. It could be interesting to have a match with the winner earning a Raw or Smackdown spot the night after Mania as an angle to promote someone.

If wrestlers are going to start moving from Raw or Smackdown to NXT, it would send the wrong message if they sell it as a demotion.

Think about how long it worked in TNA. The second and more important problem is the building of characters, people are already getting sour to the idea of Apollo Crewss after 3 whole matches and you even mentioned him by name. Not all superstars begin strong....like The Prototype aka John Cena or New Day...both were hated on and using your idea we wouldn't have super cena or New day. Shinning stars have had 1 match and people are already writing them off.

I don't think it would work. Enzo and Cass have a following from NXT and this shows on the main roster.

Like someone else said it would be seen as a demotion to be sent back down to NXT. It's like saying to them you're good enough to work the small crowds but not good enough hold a position on the main roster.

Every wrestler in NXT wants to move up and that's what they work for. What a blow to them to finally make it and be sent back after a few weeks or months. It would be a confidence killer for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back