• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would Lesnar settle any title less the World Championship?

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
Brock is "prize" fighter" but do you guys think he would settle for the US, IC, or tag titles?

Imean Cena never would but he did withe the US....

So what about the beast???

No.

Any title besides the World title is beneath him nor would it fit his gimmick.

He's a Prize fighter that will do anything to fight for the top prize in the WWE and will settle for nothing less.

John went for the US title because not only has he held it in the past so it makes more sense it kind of fits with his gimmick of a good old All American boy who never gives up.

Besides can you see Brock teaming with anyone to go after the tag titles?

Brock is "prize" fighter" but do you guys think he would settle for the US, IC, or tag titles?

You know Cena was a 3-Time United States Champion before he ever won the WWE title, right?

As for Brock, he went for the Intercontinental Championship in 2002 when he was a rookie but failed to win it. Aside from house show matches (like when he challenged Del Rio for the United States Championship a month or two ago), I don't see Lesnar going for midcard or tag titles. WWE is set on using him only as a featured attraction.

Most probably he will never settle or will never be allowed to settle for IC, US & Tag titles.
Yeah he cant fit in a tag team but he can settle for IC or US. He should have an IC or US title reign to elevate these titles as John Cena did with the US Title. So yeah in one line, the answer is

"He can and should but wouldnot!"

:devil:

Would be pretty stupid. He doesn't have to be in the title picture as long as he is having a major feud with another big star ie. Undertaker but if there is a title involved it has to be the world heavyweight championship.

Brock's character is supposed to be one of a legit fighter who is the most dangerous man in WWE (which is actually true). Cena is a true pro wrestler who didn't have an MMA career or any legit background and has the kind of character where you would believe he would still love wrestling even if he wasn't on top of his game and would be proud to carry the US or IC title, whereas it wouldn't be believable for Brock to step in the ring unless he is settling a personal beef or competing for the World Championship.

I don't see why he would to tell you the truth. He is a former MMA World Heavyweight champion, and we all remember when he won the WHC when he came back to the WWE. It disappeared off the show for months on end.

Considering that there are only a small group of people that the WWE are booking into the WHC scene, the only two titles readily available are the IC and the US. I don't want to see one of them disappear for awhile. Besides as someone else already said, Lesnar is always hovering around the main event scene feuding with wrestlers who are in that bracket.

Cena was content to take a step down if you will, and he did wonders for the US title while he held it. I can't see Lesnar doing the same thing for either of the midcard belts, plus given as he's not at every show can't see him in a tag team either. Well unless it's a one of deal, with no titles on the line. He's more of a lone wolf.

No.

Any title besides the World title is beneath him nor would it fit his gimmick.

He's a Prize fighter that will do anything to fight for the top prize in the WWE and will settle for nothing less.

John went for the US title because not only has he held it in the past so it makes more sense it kind of fits with his gimmick of a good old All American boy who never gives up.

Besides can you see Brock teaming with anyone to go after the tag titles?

I think if Brock was full time and not the special attraction he currently is then the Tag Titles would be an interesting division for him. Brock is all business so he wouldn't have to embrace his tag partner but it would be an interesting concept and one that would delve a little deeper into his character.

Managed by Paul Heyman who acts as the mediator between the two it would be interesting. And I am pretty sure that Brock and Curtis Axel shared screen time together via in ring promos and backstage interviews a couple of years ago.

Current roster? Jack Swagger or Kevin Owens would be a good fit IMO.

Brock will do whatever Vince tells him to do within reason and the stipulations of his contract. A mid card title makes no sense for him but as long as his paychecks don't bounce, Brock would do it.

The only way Brock will hold these championships is if he is pissed off and wants to conquer every single champion in the WWE and take their titles with him, until The Authority relents and offers him a lucrative 7-digit contract in return for the titles.
Other than that, no. He is so far above every other wrestler in the WWE that it would be a joke if he is competing for a mid card title. Not even the world champion looks like a credible opponent to him one-on-one, even Braun Strowman (the man that effortlessly eliminated Kane, Big Show and Mark Henry) got mauled by Lesnar.
Cena's reign with the US Title makes sense because they wanted to give him some time between the 15th and 16th world title reign; to make the 16th championship very special, and in the meantime, they wanted to build super-stars for the future as well.
Not Brock. All these concepts for ordinary men don't apply to him.

Storyline wise it makes no sense to have him go for the US or IC title. Brock however is one of those guys on the other end of the spectrum from guys like Hart, Michaels or Austin. He really doesn't care about his perception or spot. I get the idea that as long as he gets his money he is willing to go with anything.

I would love to see Brock Lesnar team up with Paul Heyman and win the WWE World Tag Team Championship Title Belts with his advocate just standing in the corner, not even dressed to compete. I’d also like to see Brock Lesnar win the Intercontinental and United States Championship Title Belts and defend them for a few months, before ultimately retiring the United States Championship Title Belt. He could even challenge the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, and unify all three singles Championship Titles at the Main Event of any future WrestleMania.

No one is above any Championship Title Belt, except for Vince McMahon. Not even the King of Kings is above the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt. I mean, he has it right now, doesn’t he.

Currently it won't fit him. Lesnar is a prize-fighter, a mercenary. He only fights for the top prize of the company, as do many main eventers.

The reason the US Championship worked for John Cena, was Cena's gimmick. He's kinda an All American, wanted to stop Rusev, wanted to help bring prestige back to the US Championship, since his gimmick is also being a company man.

Also if Brock Lesnar won a midcard title, he would have then to lose it to a lesser than main event guy. Something that seems impossible right now.

Only way I could see him going after lesser titles is if somehow he or Paul got into a beef with the Authority and is told he won't get a WWE title match. Brock goes nuts and runs threw everyone collecting both lesser titles on his way.

Currently it won't fit him. Lesnar is a prize-fighter, a mercenary. He only fights for the top prize of the company, as do many main eventers.

That's what none of us can really know. From the outset of his 'second life' in WWE, I figured he was fighting strictly for money.....that he didn't care about his billing, his place in storylines or what championships he might win. It seemed to me he would be happy to lose to Duane Gillberg as long as they paid him an obscene amount of money to wrestle a few times a year.

After he walked out on a Raw episode last Spring, didn't you wonder why? Was it ever truly explained? If he walked only because of negotiations over his next WWE contract......well, that's just the money thing again. But if it was a dispute over creative plans, perhaps he had some of his own ideas about what titles he might win. Possibly.

If backed into a corner and forced to choose Brock's motivations, I'd say.....in this order......money, money & money.

Never mind whether he'd serve as IC champion, I think he'd stand on his head and whistle Dixie as long as they keep padding his bank account.

I wouldn't say he'd be settling if he won any of those titles, it's just how it's presented.

Like for US and IC, Heyman could hype it up like how boxing does where two belts are on the line, a unification bout and Brock happens to win the lesser title and keep his world title and have Heyman hold up his belts, making him look even more powerful.

With tag, WWE could book him in a match with his opponent he's feuding with or a top babyface to take out the heel tag team champs. It'd add a unpredictable factor to the match and could help further his storyline with his opponent like how WWE used to do when they had Stone Cold and Taker as tag champs even though they were feuding.

The only title I could see him even looking at besides the World Title would be tag team titles, but that would be a waste (Unless they did the 1 man Tag Team Champion thing again, but that ruins the whole division for years)

The Beast belongs on the top of the mountain,he won't settle for anything less..
Besides I don't see him facing HHH for the title anyway...It'll be Reigns,he's the only option they left for a top name to win it at wrestlemania...
With Orton,Cena,Rollins,Bryan....all out of action.
Undertaker pretty much on his last leg(although we've been saying that for years)
HHH v. Reigns is the safe bet for WM32 main event.
After what I saw in the Rumble..I got a feeling they are building for some sort of
Lesnar vs. Wyatts showdown...look for them to get involved in the Fastlane title match,
If they do..that will be the clue to what their plans are.

That's what none of us can really know. From the outset of his 'second life' in WWE, I figured he was fighting strictly for money.....that he didn't care about his billing, his place in storylines or what championships he might win. It seemed to me he would be happy to lose to Duane Gillberg as long as they paid him an obscene amount of money to wrestle a few times a year.

After he walked out on a Raw episode last Spring, didn't you wonder why? Was it ever truly explained? If he walked only because of negotiations over his next WWE contract......well, that's just the money thing again. But if it was a dispute over creative plans, perhaps he had some of his own ideas about what titles he might win. Possibly.

If backed into a corner and forced to choose Brock's motivations, I'd say.....in this order......money, money & money.

Never mind whether he'd serve as IC champion, I think he'd stand on his head and whistle Dixie as long as they keep padding his bank account.

Lesnar not winning midcard gold doesn't have to do with money really. It's not like he would get a pay cut if he wins the IC Championship. I doubt that Cena got a pay cut when he won the US Championship.

You view this from a legit point of view, however my post had to do more with how Lesnar's character is portrayed on TV. A kayfabe point of view. The current character of Brock Lesnar, does not care about the IC title or the US title. He's here to the World Champion. To be the best. Him winning a midcard belt does not fit him. Always, kayfabe speaking.

Of course in a legitemate view, it could happen. Of course he would lay down for even Santino Marella if he's still being paid. But I doubt the company wants to de-valueate their "Beast", by having him lose to a Ziggler or a Ryback.

Nah, like others have said..the guy is light years above any other title other than - The - title. The WWE Heavyweight Championship or nothing at all. Brock as Intercontinental Champion wouldn't do anything for the title off camera. Plus I doubt Brock's character would even care if he won it. Get Vince to bring a big bag of crumpled up thousand dollar bills and challenge anyone to beat Brock for the cash grab. Brock wins and the amount keeps increasing until there's so much in the bag that it becomes a bigger story than anything else going on. Then you can have a huge moment for anyone who needs a rub.

There's no way he'll be going after the tag titles because it's too complete of a departure from who Lesnar's character is. Given how he's been depicted over the past several years, or really even back in the 2000s, it's quite difficult to imagine Lesnar as someone's tag team partner.

Would I mind seeing him go after the US or IC titles? Not at all. Do I think it'll ever happen? Not a chance. Lesnar's ridiculous salary in WWE warrants that he be feuding over the WWE World Championship, with other main eventers or against guys who're on the verge of being main eventers. Are those titles beneath him? Technically yes but, at the same time, they're beneath John Cena and look at how much fun we had watching him as United States Champion for much of last year.

Like Cena, Lesnar is someone who doesn't "need" a championship to be at the very, uppermost tier of the roster. Given Lesnar's schedule, I for one don't really want to see him win the title again, or any title for that matter. Truth be told, I wasn't wild about him winning it the last time because I knew we'd go for weeks, or even months, at a time without seeing him television or wrestling in matches.

Given Lesnar's schedule, there are limited ways in which he can be used and it's a formula that WWE can't alter without adding a few more zeros to Lesnar's paychecks. As a result, I highly doubt we'll see him chasing or holding either of the mid-card titles.

I think he would if the price was right. Lesnar is about the money - why would he lose to Cena and HHH when he first came back? Because wwe paid him well to do it. I think it would be hard to find a good storyline for that but say Owens challenged him while he was IC/US Champ or a returning Daniel Bryan won one of the titles and then started feuding with Lesnar - it would sell and make the title important. It would be a hard sell now given he is the beast but I don't think Lesnar would have any issues.

The only way brock will hold the IC Or US title is if he beats someone in a title for title match while he is world champ

Brock is currently feuding with 4 fat guys who do 8 moves between them, otherwise known as the Wyatt Family... He's fine where he is.

Settle for less than the World Title? You'd honestly want to see Lesnar toting the US Title around? If there's one person on that roster that needs NO TITLE EVER, it's Lesnar. Even though the wrestling world is a fake one, any other title truly is beneath him. Case closed.

And even if it wasn't, it would be such a waste putting it on him. He doesn't need any title to legitimize him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back