• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would Christian be better off on Raw or Smackdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcbball154

Dark Match Winner
After watching the match Christian had with Jericho on ecw this week it made me think how much i would love to see christian on smackdown. Think of the possible feuds Jericho Rey Morrison Ziggler Hardy and team with edge or a possible feud all would be pretty awesome. Problem being he is such a big part of ecw but if your going to put him cleanly over jericho on an episode of ecw that prob had a 1 rating there is nooone on that show that should beat him because how can you explain him beating jericho and then have him lose to someone like william regal i mean really. So what do you think keep him on ecw or move him to raw or smackdown? and if you want to move him do u just wait for the draft to move him. Royal Rumble win would be pretty awesome but out of the question really :suspic:

DEFINITELY move him to Smackdown. I really want him to go there. The guy is talented and deserves to be a world champion, like Matt hardy. Both him and Hardy had their former tag team partners achieve success, so they both derserve it. The feuds you mentioned would be incredible, I would love to see Christian vs Punk, or Christian vs Matt. Or an E+C reunion/feud that you mentioned would be sick... Christian should go to SD, he's done everything he can do on ECW.....

sorry guys but christian is staying put. Vince really doesn't like him that much. having him as ecw champion is just a way of keeping the stupid fans happy and holding him back at the same time.

Christian should be on Smackdown already, he deserves to show case his ability's on Smackdown as i dont really see much more he can do on ECW even though I think he's been a pretty good ECW champion.

Christian's match with Jericho was superb, its in my mind now that WWE are trying to bring Christian into the main event scene with a win over Jericho, my vote is for him winning the MITB even though he deserved it at Wrestlemania 25, did you hear the crowd when he almost won.

He's so over with the crowd and could be a great main eventer, 2010 should be Christian's year.

Everybody talks about this, but you have to think..if you move the top face of a show whos going to replace him..and i dont so any major players in ECW ready to step up so i think christians staying there till wwe can find someone to fill his void.

It was excellent to see Jericho scout ECW talent - and even better to see a match between him and Christian. I believe it was WM 20 they had match right? anyways that match stole the night in my opinion. Christian has the full package - Vince is insane for being blind to it. I really hope he opens up and lets Christian get drafted to SD! He can do wonderful things as World champ. There's plenty of guys who can replace that top dog spot on ECW. MVP - R-truth - make Khali turn heel again, and toss Chris Masters in the mix. We got familiar faces who deserve to be showcased.

We all love Christian, but there's one person who doesn't: Vince. And isn't that what matters the most?

Vince sees Christian as the only decent guy to be the face of ECW e.g Matt Hardy in 2008, so until he finds another face to replace him, which I think won't happen until next year's draft

If he does leave, then it wouldn't surprise me if he was put on RAW just so he can be lost in the mid-card scene.

Hell, they'll probably tease us all here at the IWC with a possible MITB win next year only to spoil it by letting Mark Henry win it. Motherfucker.

Personally, I disagree with the statement that Christian has done all he can do on ECW. Week after week they hype him as WWE's longest-reigning champion. That can become a legacy he builds upon going forward. Besides, there are other people who can be built to challenge him for that title. Shelton Benjamin, Shamus, Kozlov and Jackson are all viable contenders if creative decides to put them on the title hunt.

Now, granted, if Christian can pull out a win over Jericho it'll be hard for me to swallow that Yoshi Tatsu is a bona fide contender. Tatsu is next in line for an ECW title shot, so I'm praying that he doesn't go over Christian. That would be embarrassing. However, I could easily see him dropping it to someone like Jackson, Kozlov or even Regal, though I don't imagine WWE giving it to him.

Christian on ECW is one of the biggest misuses of talent I have ever seen. There is absolutely no reason he should be on ECW. IF he were moved to RAW or Smackdown (probably Smackdown) he would shine. He's gotten infinitely better since his first run in WWE and is very entertaining. He also has history with both Edge and Jericho, so you have two top guys he could feud with. I'm beginning to think that these "Vince doesn't like Christian" rumors are true, because otherwise I can't imagine why he'd be on ECW at all, let alone still there.

Now think about this as an angle. Christian moves to Smackdown, gets into a feud with Jericho and Show, gets put into a tag match against them with a mystery partner (yes we all see where this is going) and Edge comes out. This works for everyone.

I think we might be wrong about vince disliking Christian, i imagine it is more that Christian was himself unsure that he could cope with the full-time schedule coming in from TNA, now hold of the abuse and just hear me out, when he left WWE way-back-when it was partially due to the schedule he was being expected to keep up with at the time with him and Tomko being all over the place yet not really achieving anything. By putting him into ECW when he came back it was a good way for both parties to assess his longevity and decide if he was truely ready to return to WWE. I think he's proved his point so far and a move to Raw or Smackdown is imminent.

I think the obviously move would be to Smackdown for the E&C stuff along with his history with Jericho and Matt Hardy, it makes sense for him to work with those guys as he'd be comfortable there and make some great matches happen. Plus if Vince really didn't like him, why would he give him a title at all? Let alone have him go over Jericho who is on a hot streak right now? Come on, makes no sense.

Just my opinion

Again, I could be wrong, but I think allowing Christian to have an entire program built around him is better than being the 4th or 5th man in the hunt for the U.S. title. It's allowing him to continue to improve, build younger wrestlers and regain his footing in the "WWE Universe" while Vince & Co. figure out where best to put him and who can adequately replace him.

It could also be that I don't think it's fair to treat the WWECW as a stopping point for people en-route to Smackdown or RAW. To me it sucks that they pulled Matt Hardy out of ECW and the title picture when they did to "promote him" to jobbing on Smackdown. Wouldn't he be better off working ECW, where he could be in a great feud involving the top title, rather than lost in the shuffle somewhere else?

Maybe my perspective is just skewed.

Christian at the moment is doing good where he is at the moment, he's the face of a the ECW brand where the new rising stars go to gain exposure, Christian is one of the people helping those new guys in the WWE. But i for one enjoyed his match with Chris Jericho, and i found it a treat that they had a match and a good thing Christian won, it was a good match.

In my opinion if they were to move Christian to one of the 2 big brands it would be SmackDown, he can have feuds with Y2J, Matt Hardy, John Morrison...so there are possibilities.

Like I have said so many times in the past, I am all for a Christian move, but ONLY IF IT IS BOOKED RIGHT. I wasn't the happiest person to see Christian re-debut on the ECW brand, but as time went by, I got used to it. Christian is, in my opinion, the best thing to happen to the new ECW. That is why he is the ECW Champion. He is probably at the greatest point of his career right now, as the ECW Champion. He rarely loses when he wrestles, that's a good thing. Plus, he's allowed to talk on the mic, and so off his great mic skills. Here comes the transition.

I predicted that Christian would not have stayed on ECW for very long. However, he has now been on the show for 8.5 months now. He is a 2-time ECW Champion! No matter how good you do on ECW, it isn't safe to say that you will do as great on Raw or Smackdown. Sure, Christian is a bigger star now than he was during his first stint, but that doesn't guarantee a push for him on one of the other brands.

As much as I want to see Christian on Smackdown, I have a feeling that when he does leave ECW, it will be him going to Raw. He would get more exposure on Smackdown, but just so he can lose all the momentum he gained on ECW, he would put on Raw. So, a move to another brand would be great for Christian, as long as he has a solid push, like he is on ECW. If moving brands means jobbing and less-than-average pushes for Christian, then please... leave him on ECW.

i agree with cool guy...same thing happen with swagger he was killing on ecw hardly ever lost until christian won the belt then went to raw and he has barly done antying until reciently...christian is the best thing right now for ecw he is the only real reason people watch ecw if they take him from that show without putting someone as good or better then christian then that show is doomed in the ratings. i really wanna see christian on smackdown get a stint as World champ n hell have an edge n christian reunion for the tag belts lets get more tag teams back and enjoy it like TNA is doing

I've been saying for what seems like months now that Christian needs to be on Smackdown. The guy is one of the most over faces on the entire roster, and he's so clearly above ECW right now, it couldn't be more obvious. It's like watching some A-List actor making a cameo in some B-Movie, it's entertaining at first but eventually it just doesn't look right. Christian could easily be on Smackdown right now, having great matches with everyone from Rey Mysterio to John Morrison to CM Punk. Am I really the only one that's thought about how awesome a CM Punk and Christian feud would be? You can't have Punk losing to Undertaker at every PPV, if you put him up against Christian, man, you've got some great potential right there. Especially if Punk gets the title back this Sunday.

Christian needs to be on Smackdown. If he isn't moved to one of the A shows soon, I may just lose my mind.

The old school matches with Christian and Jericho just showcase how much better both superstars have gotten,and how their looked up too in the wwe right now.

In 1999-2002 you had Christian coming into his own singles career and slightly getting over,and you had the Chris Jericho character which every single person hated!.

Putting Christian onto sd right now would ruin what smackdown has achieved with ziggles,morrison ,Hardy and the Hart Dynasty.

I really have enjoyed Christian's work on ECW for the past several months. I really don't want to see Christian move to another brand. It has doom written all over it. He'll be in the mid-card at best on Raw and possibly an Intercontinental Champion on Smackdown.

Christian, Shelton, Goldust, Regal, and Dreamer have done a great job helping the younger talent on ECW. ECW is the Christian Show. It has been built around him since he returned in February. ECW was hard to watch for a few weeks in the transition between Matt Hardy and Christian on the show. Christian has made ECW watchable week in and week out with solid performances. I fear that if Christian moves to Raw, he'll be booked to look weak. If he goes to Smackdown, there is at least hope. So, if he goes to another brand, Smackdown is clearly the choice for the feuds he could have and the position that he would somewhat maintain. But I think ECW is the better choice for him at least for another few months. Who knows? Maybe he'll be joined by a certain 5-time WCW Champion on that show. Now, I can dig that.... sucka.

If christian is moved to smackdown he could be one of the top face if undertaker and batista let him go to the top. Christian has alot of potential and it shows. He is better than everybody on WWECW and smackdown should be the aim for christian right now. I am not saying he is bad on WWECW but I think it s time for him to move on. Thats of course if Booker T comes to WWECW then I might consider changing my mind but thats a whole different story.

Christian should be moved to Smackdown. In my view, he is being wasted on WWECW. If ECW were a legitimate third Brand that actually did House Shows under the ECW banner only, then that would be a different story.

However, in its current form, ECW is essentially an extension of the Smackdown brand, as they tour together. The problem is that it isn't treated with the same respect as Smackdown and nor does it have the same exposure with the audience as Smackdown. Therefore, his value as a superstar really isn't what it truly is at this time.

As thin as the primary rosters are with main event and upper midcard talent, it only makes sense to me that a veteran like Christian belongs on either of those two shows as opposed to ECW. At this rate, John Morrison is going to go into the Main Event of Smackdown before Christian. I think highly of Morrison, and feel he should be placed there, but not before Christian.

Imo, ECW is for the up and comers. At least, that's what WWE has made it into. A place to showcase the newest guys and get them on tv.

Christian is not a new guy. He's been wrestling as long as all of the main eventers, except for a few, he's got tons of fans that love him, and yet he's on the new guy show. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Sure he has the ECW title, but once again that should be reserved for the new guys who have really broken through, and not given to one of the older guys to keep him satiated because they have nothing to do for him on the main shows.

I suppose there's not much you can do if Vince doesn't think much of you, and that's a real shame. Christian is a main eventer, a diamond in the rough, and one of the few WWE faces that are really liked but the audience.

im quite sick of all of the "OMG HE SHOULD TAG WITH EDGE AND THEY SHOULD WIN THE TITLES" sorry but the tag titles are really behind both him and edge (yes edge and jericho won them but again they should be behind jericho as well they just needed some one to push the tag team division)

if they put him in RAW hes doomed period.. look what they did to swagger ECW champ big push put on RAW... has done basically nothing same with MVP gave him a huge push swapping him to RAW made him come out and bad mouth orton on his first night on RAW.. lost the title 2 weeks later and has done again.. NOTHING..

He needs to go to SD! period yes it might be 6months to a year before hes pushed into a world title picture but so many ppl he can feud with like JoMo etc untill being pushed.. everyone loves Christian I don't know many other wrestlers that get as big of a pop as him when there music hits... but as others have stated Vince doesn't like him period and I honestly never see him getting a real title shot or run in his whole time in the E..

ERROR on ECW:Todd grisham said that Christian was the longest reigning champion in WWE,thats not true,Womens champion michelle mccool is longest reigning champion,she's been womens champ since the Bash

christian definitly needs to go to SD,I think ECW is building Shelton as it's next top babyface so who knows,maybe christian will get traded to SD in the coming months,he definitly has paid his dues on ECW

the match with jericho was GOLD,i was kinda surprised christian went over though seeing as though Jericho is the Co-SD captain

the last time these 2 had any sort of interaction was almost 5 years ago with there love relationship with trish stratus,they then meet 5 years later on ECW(only this time jericho was heel and christian was face) to have a great match,I hope this leads to something

sorry guys but christian is staying put. Vince really doesn't like him that much. having him as ecw champion is just a way of keeping the stupid fans happy and holding him back at the same time.

That's the question, is Vince willing to put his own resentment aside for the sake of business?
Christian is doing great on ECW, the biggest star there. And he'd probably do even better on SD. Everything that ECW, Smackdown has more of. ECW has great wrestlers like Regal, Benjamin, Ryder and Tatsu... Smackdown has even better wrestlers in Jericho, Punk, Morrison and Ziggler.
Vince hasn't had a problem putting the belt on smaller guys in the last year or two, Jericho, Hardy and Punk have all had the world title. So if Christian moved to SD, he could definately be accepted as the world champion. The guy is obviously very over. And I think an Edge/Christian reunion or feud could draw huge.

Again, it comes down to whether Vince cares more about making money or holding back the guy that jumped ship.

Christian on SmackDown would be gold! He had a great match against Chris Jericho on ECW this past week, and a future program with these two guys would be great for the brand over there. It could be for a title or not, it doesn't really matter. If that match went on another 5 or 10 minutes, it could've been an even better match than it already was!

Christian would do well with Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio and Dolph Ziggler as well. He'd do wonders for that brand and all the young talent there is over there.

i would love to see Mysterio go to ecw and feud with Christian but i dont see that happening cause Mysterio is feuding with Batista.

ECW need someone new to face christian cause i don't see yoshi winning when they have their ecw title match.
I would also like to see Finlay/Ziggler go ecw and win the title cause they hasn't won a main title yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back