• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would Chavo...

shafe_41

DON'T HINDER JINDER
even still be with the WWE if Eddie wouldn't have passed? Chavo was with the company even when Eddie was around obviously since they tagged together. But after they parted ways and Eddie had a successful singles run with the title, Chavo was nothing but a jobber up until Eddie passed away. Then when Eddie passed, Chavo went on quite the winning streak when Chavo returned to the ring. Now I think this poses quite the grey area. To me it's quite obvious that Chavo only gained any singles "success" whatsoever after Eddie's death. I actually kind of feel bad for Chavo that his success and ECW Title run were kind of... well... mercy booked. I personally don't feel that Chavo would even still be with the company had Eddie not passed away and you would think that Chavo has to be thinking the exact same way. Now I'm happy for Chavo and the success he did have because losing Eddie is hands down one of.. if not the most tragic event in his life because we all know how close they were. What's everyone else's take on this?

Doubt it. When Eddie was still alive, Chavo was Kerwin White, golfer. That's hardly something you can build anything credible off of. The next show he was back to being Chavo Guerrero, a serious wrestler. Chavo has talent to be good in the ring, but creative obviously didn't know what to do with him. Putting him in that stupid golfer gimmick was all they had for him, so based on that either they didn't know what to do with him or they didn't think he was worth anything. Doubt he would have stayed for a long time.

I kinda disagree but as always,I know where youre coming from.
Remember,at the time of Eddies death,just as he was about to do the dirty kayfabe on Batista,we assume.Chavo was on Raw denouncing his latino routes ,making himself "american" with Dolph Ziggler as his "caddie".About as well timed a ploy as Vince playing dead just before Benoit did.
His ECW reign came long after ,Eddies demise ,& it seamed to be what we at WZ call a falling star getting a much needed career boost.,which seams part of ECWs current purpose.It wasnt like he got it cause so & so had left or was injured.
I doubt his american character woulda lasted but I think Chavo & Eddie would still be around ,on WWE on seperate brands,tagging occassionaly if need be ,but as it stands,Chavos a vet & plays the heel well,& surprisingly hasnt lived off Eddies demise as much as FrienD Rey or auntie Vic has.

Chavo and Kane are in the same boat!

Chavo and Kane will always be Jobbers!
But... Because of how long they have been wrestling They will always be considered Championship Matterial for a belt of some sort!

but Lucky for chavo... He isn't Regal!
Regal had won the ic title and successfully defended it once!(win via DQ)
So as long as Jobbers are still needed... Wrestlers like chavo, kane, Regal, and dreamer will always have a job!

I totally agree, I feel that there's no way Chavo would still be around if it wasn't for Eddie's passing. I may take some heat for this but I don't even think Chavo is that great of a wrestler, to me he is average at best and his 3 amigos and frog splash just look like complete crap compared to Eddie's.(i know it's a tribute but they still look like crap) Someone already brought up the fact that creative had nothing for him that's why he was Kerwin White. Heck there's not even a cruiser weight title for him to go after anymore. I don't even think you can use the argument that he wouldn't have been released due to how long he's been wrestling because they just released Hardcore Holly not to long ago and he'd been around forever.

I think Chavo would be a great U.S. Champion. He's solid on the mic and very underrated in the ring. He's always been one of the better workers and doesn't complain about where he's at with the company right now. I would say give it a go. You could have MVP beat Benjamin and then a few months down the road have Chavo win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back