• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst WWE/Heavyweight Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChokeslamToHell said:
LOL Kane? He was champ for a DAY and that was 8 years ago. And RVD is a great champ? Geesh...
I stated that anyone who WASN'T RVD, Angle, Shawn, or Trips was a bad champion. DUGH

I think (like lex luger does) the worst champions ever are rey Mysterio and John Cena.

My God where do I start with these opinions. Rey is in no way the worst champ ever. That is the dumbest fucking statement I have ever heard. I'm not even a fan, I just know, without a doubt, he is not the worst champ. Like a previous poster said, at least he can wrestle. I think anyone that pays there dues as long as Mysterio has deserves a title run. Has it lasted too long? Absolutely! But to say that he's the worst champ ever is just a dumb fucking response from a WWE mark.

Also don't get me started on Jericho. Jericho was an amazing wrestler and deserved everything he got in a WWE Title reign and then some. He should have had more world title reigns, if not held back by HHH. Don't get me wrong, I have been a die-hard HHH fan since he had his blue blood gimmick, but facts are facts. Jericho was an amazing worker, he did everything asked of him, he was great on the mic, and he could really keep the crowd going, either as a heel or a face.

Here is my short list of worst champions ever based mostly on there talent but also how it set back and probably should have crippled the entire signifigance of the WWE Title:

1. Vince McMahon (do I need to give a fucking reason, worst fucking idea ever)

2. Yokozuna (it took an asshole like Vince winning the title to unseat this guy)

3. Lex Luger (maybe the worst wrestler I had ever seen, before John Cena)

4. John Cena (this has to do with the rediculously fast push he got to the main event status and his ability in the ring, also his title reigns went way way too long)

5. Ultimate Warrior (again one of the worst wrestlers I have ever seen in my entire life)

Hell TNA's X-division Champ is better than both WWf champs! it is really getting old having shitty people hold presious titles!!

Hey Double J:

What's worse than a dumb fucking WWE mark?

Still thinking...........

A dumb fucking TNA mark?

Say what you want about Mysterio, I'm not out to defend him, only out to show there are much shittier champs in the history of the WWE.

Now for you to say that RVD is a shitty wrestler, is just rediculous. Why don't you go watch your shitty wrestling tonight and leave us real wrestling fans alone! Anyone that says RVD is a shitty wrestler is just a complete and utter moron.

This has turned out to be a very good debate.

Although I am still at a loss for the overwhelming hatred for John Cena, I mean my God, like we've never seen someone sky-rocketed to main event status before...There aren't a whole lot of pure wrestlers in the organization to begin with, and he hasn't been around more than 5 years yet (has he?) to really develop his arsenal of moves, and hasn't really been given the chance to because you know Vince is pushing the character he is NOW, not the character and skilled wrestler we'd LIKE him to be.

Look back at one of the most popular WWE champs of all time, Steve Austin...you can count his wrestling moves on one hand, but goddamn could he pack an arena and ignite a crowd.

Champions are often selected based on a lot of factors we may never hear about. For instance with Cena, the guy is a thoroughbred, in excellent condition. He is loyal to the WWE/WWF brand and represents the company well. He is not a trouble maker backstage, respects those who came before him so that he could do what he does. Is he a politician backstage? That's possible but not nearly to the extent of a HHH, HBK, Kevin Nash or Scott Hall.

History has shown that for the most part, the ones who do everything that is asked of them, without question, shows loyalty to the company and can rile a crowd up one way or another, those are the ones Vince chooses to represent his company as champion. His picks his champ based on what HE wants, leat of which what we as fans think...

....but he's the only real game in town so it's not much we can do about that.

Here is my short list of worst champions ever based mostly on there talent but also how it set back and probably should have crippled the entire signifigance of the WWE Title:

2. Yokozuna (it took an asshole like Vince winning the title to unseat this guy)

4. John Cena (this has to do with the rediculously fast push he got to the main event status and his ability in the ring, also his title reigns went way way too long)

5. Ultimate Warrior (again one of the worst wrestlers I have ever seen in my entire life)[/QUOTE]
Just two points to make. 1.) When did Vince beat Yokozuna? As I remember Hogan and Hart ended Yoko's two title regins. I think he might even have been dead when Vince wore the belt. 2. Luger never won the WWE title.

I will agree with you on Cena but not nesscerely for the fast push. I think is career was handled pretty well right up to just before Mania 21. Then he just started kissing the fans ass's and lost all his attitude(which I still can't understand seeing as it was the character that got him over not his ability although I do think he is not as bad in the ring as people say when givien a chance).Then he had the "I quit" match with JBL (which was surprisingly good) and got drafted to Raw. At the time I felt this was a good move it gave us excitment and shock. Then we started paying for that. The storyline building up for Venagance was entertaining mainly because of Christian and Jericho (don't you miss those two) and the match was OK, again mainly down to Jericho and Christian. Then as early as Summerslam the fans began to tire of the "new" Cena there was just nothing to his character and his match with Jericho was reminesent ogf Hogans matches. Start well get the crap beaten out of you for almost the whole match then stage an unpluasible comeback to win.They then (considering the crowd was already starting to turn on him) made a big mistake by putting him in a run with Angle(who many, myself included, wanted to see as champion) and again had samey matches where he showed little offense and overcame seemingly insoumountable odds to win. The fans were by now overwhlemenly bored with Cena (well those over the age of 12) and Angle was being cheered like a face Cena booed like a heel. Then at the elmanation chamber you could hear the fustration of the fans as he won. Then they cheered when Edge(maybe the most unpopular star in the company) beat him. Sadly two weeks later Cena beat Edge in a match were he started well then got the crap beat...etc etc. Then at Mania to the shock of most watching he made the game tap out.The samey matches, the 2d character and the lack of offense is what caused the fans to boo. Despite the claims "it got people taliking, it caused conterversty etc what it did was show Vince had a complete lack of intrest in the majority of fans opinons not just by keeping the belt on Cena but by not making the storylines/Character/matches better(I know he didn't wrestle in them but he could have asked for a diffrent type match. The result? By Backlash people had stopped careing about the WWE title and were more intrested in DX's reuniting and the guy who lost to Cena in two consecutive PPV's namly Triple H. However at ONS were he had to have a diffrent type of match he showed he could do it when needed. That night wasn't RVD's or ECW's defining moment, it was Cenas. Now provoiding he continues to have the matches he's capable of and has an edgier character with more than one level AND doesn't wear the title for a while. One day he could be the star Vince(and myself) thinks he can be. That being said of course Vince is the worst champ of all time.:wwf:

Here are my top (well, bottom) five, in no order.

5. The Ultimate Warrior - Can't wrestle for s**t and held it for 8 months.

4. Rob Van Dam - He won it, then took it to ECW to never defend it. In one month, he has one title defense, and he's prob. gonna lose.

3. Vince McMahon - This was just for storyline purposes, as his reign was for, like, 2 weeks. He then vacated it.

2. Kane - The infamous 24 hour reign...

1. Rey Mysterio - Read everybody elses' reasons.

Rey Mysterio
Read everyone els's reasons

John Cena
Pushed too fast with a stale gimmic and I hate title runs which go over 4 months let a lone a year!!!

RVD
Always hated RVD so when he became champ it quite p*ssed me off as he never defends and RVD sucks!!

FTWChamp said:
My God where do I start with these opinions. Rey is in no way the worst champ ever. That is the dumbest fucking statement I have ever heard. I'm not even a fan, I just know, without a doubt, he is not the worst champ. Like a previous poster said, at least he can wrestle. I think anyone that pays there dues as long as Mysterio has deserves a title run. Has it lasted too long? Absolutely! But to say that he's the worst champ ever is just a dumb fucking response from a WWE mark.

Also don't get me started on Jericho. Jericho was an amazing wrestler and deserved everything he got in a WWE Title reign and then some. He should have had more world title reigns, if not held back by HHH. Don't get me wrong, I have been a die-hard HHH fan since he had his blue blood gimmick, but facts are facts. Jericho was an amazing worker, he did everything asked of him, he was great on the mic, and he could really keep the crowd going, either as a heel or a face.

5. Ultimate Warrior (again one of the worst wrestlers I have ever seen in my entire life)

Lex Luger was never WWE Champion

You can say all you want about how Rey only got a push due to Eddie's death, but to say that he doesn't deserve it is just laughable. Everyone says Mysterio shouldn't be the World Heavyweight Champion because he's a cruiserweight. Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho used to be the Cruiserweight Champion and no one complained about them. Besides, they don't even use the word Heavyweight anymore when saying the title.

Miller Light said:
John Cena
Pushed too fast with a stale gimmic and I hate title runs which go over 4 months let a lone a year!!!
Yet he brings great crowd interaction, does he not?

Rey...like it was said early, his wWHOLE title reignwas based on the death of eddie...much love to both wrestlers

Rey Is A Brilliant Champ And As Defended It Sevral Times.however Guys Like Big Show And Kane Only Had The Title For A Day.

AWSOME DAYMO said:
Rey Is A Brilliant Champ And As Defended It Sevral Times.however Guys Like Big Show And Kane Only Had The Title For A Day.

i know rey is a great wrestler is just that if eddie guerrero didn't die,would rey mysterio still be champion?

RVD has 10 times the ability guys like Cena, Lashley and others will ever have in their lives.

I have nothing against Rey, but a world champion? Has he even won a match since he won the belt? Every time I see him in a match, it's a non-title match and he gets his ass whipped.

Worst of all time is Cena! Why they let him carry the title as long as he did I'll never know. Especially when you look at guys like RVD, Angle, Benoit, Shelton B, Carlito and others who clearly have more ability than he does.

FLUFF said:
Rey, Cena, Kane, Big Show, Hogan, anyone who is not Triple H or Shawn or Kurt Angle or RVD.

first of all ray isnt a heavy weight.duhhhhh.
second, what do u have against kane or the big show?i can understand
y u dont like cena but big show and kane.what r u an idiot?

Rey Mysterio: If Eddie wouldn't have died Rey would've not won the title

Edge: he only held it for one day he didn't deserve the WWE Championship

I think Rey is a great champion and deserves the belt. People keep saying that he got pushed because of Eddie(did Chavo get pushed... no). The push was already planned whether people like or not.

Cena is in my worst... people booed him, the WWe failed to listen and still tried to tell us what we should like or not like and that is why he is the worst IMO, not really him as a performer(altough he is pretty bad) it's really more because it was just bad company organisation.

The Badass said:
This has turned out to be a very good debate.

Although I am still at a loss for the overwhelming hatred for John Cena, I mean my God, like we've never seen someone sky-rocketed to main event status before...There aren't a whole lot of pure wrestlers in the organization to begin with, and he hasn't been around more than 5 years yet (has he?) to really develop his arsenal of moves, and hasn't really been given the chance to because you know Vince is pushing the character he is NOW, not the character and skilled wrestler we'd LIKE him to be.

Look back at one of the most popular WWE champs of all time, Steve Austin...you can count his wrestling moves on one hand, but goddamn could he pack an arena and ignite a crowd.

Champions are often selected based on a lot of factors we may never hear about. For instance with Cena, the guy is a thoroughbred, in excellent condition. He is loyal to the WWE/WWF brand and represents the company well. He is not a trouble maker backstage, respects those who came before him so that he could do what he does. Is he a politician backstage? That's possible but not nearly to the extent of a HHH, HBK, Kevin Nash or Scott Hall.

History has shown that for the most part, the ones who do everything that is asked of them, without question, shows loyalty to the company and can rile a crowd up one way or another, those are the ones Vince chooses to represent his company as champion. His picks his champ based on what HE wants, leat of which what we as fans think...

....but he's the only real game in town so it's not much we can do about that.

Thank you! you really spoke exactly what I was thinking.

Everyone has seem to forgot THE most horrible, pointless, and worst title champion... Mr. McMahon! WTF he isnt even a wrestler and its just because its his own company, he got the belt. Let me remind you, HE ISNT A WRESTLER
everyone is complaining about Cena or Rey...seriously lets start with the worst then move our way up
Oh yeah and JBL...he sucked

west15ryan said:
Edge: he only held it for one day he didn't deserve the WWE Championship
First of all, Edge held the title for a few weeks, not a day. Second, he does deserve the title, but this reign was about getting his Money in the Bank title match out of the way, since it was seemingly forgotten by creative, Third, he was supposed to win the title at Vengeance and feud with Cena over the summer. The fued still seems to be on, but it now looks like either Cena or Edge can win the title at SNME and still feud over the title.

What about Randy Orton? His reign sucked, did it not?

Randy's reign sucked big time! I think he turned face way too quickly after winning it off Benoit; and it wasn't over with the fans (other than the young girls) at all.

Still think Rey though, this Eddie stuff is true... however in that case why didn't Chavo get the title (like someone else said)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back