• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst Wrestling Character/Gimmick?

Sorry if this has already been posted somehwre i couldnt find anything so i thought id post it.

The worst gimmick has to be Shark Boy from TNA, that is just so pathetic and crap, especially with the poncy mask and announcing him from the deep blue sea or wherever

there are so many kane,the undertaker,the boogeyman,doink the clown,big vis,val venus,the sandman,dude love,mankind,chainsaw charlie,the great kaili the highlanders,the spirit sqaud,sting,brother runt,eric young,abyss,jimmy wang yang,matt striker,hardcore holly,crash holly,the hurricane,rosie,umaga, scotty 2 hotty,brain christopher,the miz,king booker,the little bastard,hulk hogan,and i could go on and on for days

The worst Gimmick was Dwayne Johnson as Rocky Muy Via (misspelled), But later became the Legendary The Rock.

showtyme27 said:
there are so many kane,the undertaker,the boogeyman,doink the clown,big vis,val venus,the sandman,dude love,mankind,chainsaw charlie,the great kaili the highlanders,the spirit sqaud,sting,brother runt,eric young,abyss,jimmy wang yang,matt striker,hardcore holly,crash holly,the hurricane,rosie,umaga, scotty 2 hotty,brain christopher,the miz,king booker,the little bastard,hulk hogan,and i could go on and on for days

hey why dont u just list everyone that has ever wrestled, lol just kidding dude... just kidding.:laugh:

I dont see how the Undertaker and Kane gimmick could be the worst...do they seem ficitional? yes of course but they had the correct storylines to back them therefore i dont think they are stupid now when you say something as such as the boogeyman now that is the true definition of a stupid gimmick

khali deff becuase we've all seen him in the longest yard so its fucking gay... shark boy sucks ass too

DeathIsARight said:
You have NO idea what you are talking about! The Undertaker is the best gimmick ever, Kane rocks, Mankind was badass...You MUST hate wrestling.

The worst was the gobbley gooker? That idiot dressed as a giant turkey.
i love wrestling i have been watching it since i was three years old there gimmicks are not beliveable and if your going to put down the gobbley gooker (good one!!!!) then you got to do the same to wrestling greats like undertaker from the darkside than for two years he's a beatable biker same with kane and mick foley and his dumba** gimmicks i love them as wrestlers but hate there sh***y gimmicks

probably king booker or no wait
.................. 0 i got one...............
THE MIZ!!!!!! WHO IN THW ORLD WANTS THAT HOO-RAAHING ****** TO WRESTLE HE SHOULFD HAVE STAYED ON REAL WORLD!!!!!!!

here are ten of the worst gimmicks ever, in no order

Isaac Yankem, the evil dentist
Friar Fergusan, the wrestling monk
Bastian Booger
Sparky Plugg, the race car driver, aka Bob Holly
Doink the Clown
The Goon, the evil hockey player
Duke the Dumpster Droese, the wrestling garbageman
The Repo Man
Outback Jack, WWF's lame attempt tp cash in on Crocodile Dundee
Eugene

now, i wuold have to say Billy Gunn is the messiah of bad gimmicks
lets see
one half of the Smokin Gunns
Rockabilly
The Ass Man
Billy G
The One Billy Gunn
Billy and Chuck
The Outlaw
Kip James

i hate that guy

Props to Mr. Krinkle! You did however leave out Nailz the convict and Uncle Elmer the farmer.
Also to showtyme27....... Sting and Hulk Hogan were poor gimmicks??? Give me a freakin break, These are two of the most popular and beloved gimmicks of all time! I'm curious to know by your esteemed standards, what an example of a good gimmick is.

mr. krinkle said:
here are ten of the worst gimmicks ever, in no order

Isaac Yankem, the evil dentist
Friar Fergusan, the wrestling monk
Bastian Booger
Sparky Plugg, the race car driver, aka Bob Holly
Doink the Clown
The Goon, the evil hockey player
Duke the Dumpster Droese, the wrestling garbageman
The Repo Man
Outback Jack, WWF's lame attempt tp cash in on Crocodile Dundee
Eugene
i agree but billy gunn was a good wrestler even with the dumba** gimmicks

greenbeast95 said:
Props to Mr. Krinkle! You did however leave out Nailz the convict and Uncle Elmer the farmer.
Also to showtyme27....... Sting and Hulk Hogan were poor gimmicks??? Give me a freakin break, These are two of the most popular and beloved gimmicks of all time! I'm curious to know by your esteemed standards, what an example of a good gimmick is.
they may be beloved gimmicks but that doesn't in any way make they good gimmicks a good gimmick is a wrestler playing a beliveable charater a charater that you can buy in to now most marks buy in to any charater are don't have the ba**s to says when a wrestlers charater is out of place and hogan BROTHER was and is out of place and don't even get my started on too colorful sting so now i'm the crow his gimmick is also out of place i told i can go on all day

the hogan/sting gimmicks might seem silly nowadays, but they definately aren't "bad" gimmicks because in their hay day, those gimmicks made them two of the most popular wrestlers of all time. there's no gimmick that's going to last FOREVER which is why all wrestlers change their gimmicks throughout their career. hogan, for example, was HUGE as the red and yellow hero, but when that started to get really stale he revamped himself as Hollywood Hogan and quickly became one of the top heels in the industry.

and for the people commenting on sharkboy, yeah it's very silly, but nothing near as bad as john tenta's character in WCW, what was it, "the shark"? something like that.. but seeing Earthquake come out wearing shark facepaint was one of the worst moments in wrestling history.

and my personal pick for worst character has to be The Shockmaster. what was up with that sparkly purple storm trooper helmet?!

Jeremy Dick said:
the hogan/sting gimmicks might seem silly nowadays, but they definately aren't "bad" gimmicks because in their hay day, those gimmicks made them two of the most popular wrestlers of all time. there's no gimmick that's going to last FOREVER which is why all wrestlers change their gimmicks throughout their career. hogan, for example, was HUGE as the red and yellow hero, but when that started to get really stale he revamped himself as Hollywood Hogan and quickly became one of the top heels in the industry.

and for the people commenting on sharkboy, yeah it's very silly, but nothing near as bad as john tenta's character in WCW, what was it, "the shark"? something like that.. but seeing Earthquake come out wearing shark facepaint was one of the worst moments in wrestling history.

and my personal pick for worst character has to be The Shockmaster. what was up with that sparkly purple storm trooper helmet?!
just because there gimmicks got them over that DOES NOT mean there gimmicks are good they were silly yousaid it yourself and out of place and marks can only see these charaters are lovable but that dosen't mean they have good gimmick two different things

i think you missed the entire point of my post. the gimmicks may seem silly NOWADAYS, because wrestling has changed quite a bit since the 80's and early 90's. you need to understand that this was a time when wrestling was based on flashy characters. if those characters were debuted in modern day wrestling, they would definately be bad gimmicks. hogan and sting both adapted to dark characters when the wrestling world was changing to fit in more with the environment.

the truly "bad gimmicks" are the ones that were always bad. the ones that are silly no matter what the situation is. flash funk, for example.

wcwfan said:
I just wanna know what makes a good gimmick.

in my opinion, what makes a good gimmick is a gimmick that gets a wrestler over with a crowd. because sadly, in WWE, gimmick and mic skills are more important than wrestling ability. not that I agree with that, but it's the way it is.

for example, take a look at JBL. he got completely nowhere as justin hawk bradshaw, a blackjack, or an evil acolyte. suddenly, he becomes JBL and before long he's the top heel on smackdown and wins the wwe title.

Showtyme, to begin, I would pay you money if you could seriously read out loud any of your posts. You type as if you were in the second grade. If you want to post on the adult board, type like an adult!
Second - Listen to Mr. Jeremy Dick. A Gimmick is a tool to turn an ordinary wrestler, into a superstar. A "good" gimmick is one that works. You're entitled to your own opinion, but I'm pretty sure that both of Hogan's gimmicks, and both of Sting's gimmicks worked very well.

GREENBEAST- I agree with your statements about Hogan and Sting. That is a very accurate comment about great jobbers.

its that damn pirate dude that was on smackdown....down that shit sucked and it had no meaning and it didnt get him nowhere!!!!!!

Paul Burchill? Haha he was good for comic relief, I think they're bringing him back with a new gimmick though. Which is good because I think he's a great wrestler (his finisher rocks!).

He pulled off the pirate a lot better than Jean Pierre Lafitte (sp?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back