• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst storyline of the WWE Attitude Era

The Higher Power angle. Never has a so called "mystery" been so over hyped. I think everyone new that it was Vince, or other McMahon behind that.

DX did not start before the nWo, sorry... Listen I watch wrestling every week since The 80's and the days of Primetime Wrestling.. I don't mean to bash the Attitude Era but majority of the storylines were as someone else pointed out in this topic, Wrestle-Crap.. Believe it or not I'm a huge wwe fan I just am highly critical of the Attitude Era.. I feel like 80's and early 90's wrestling was an awesome time in wrestling. The Monday Night Wars were interesting also I def had my remote flipping back and forth between commercial breaks.. However there were some pretty outlandish storylines actually both companies were guilty of that.. Just wcw didn't do that as much until Eric Bischoff lost creative control.

I think the Rock N Wrestling Era was better then the Attitude Era...better wrestling and storylines. Also Hogan drew more as WWE Champion then SCSA so I say better champions too. Attitude Era is only memorable because of the shock tv value and some of the wrestlers. The wrestling sucked, most of the storylines and segments were crap plus most of the champs were crap too. Outside of shock value, the Attitude Era is no different then the WWE of today. Wrestling in todays WWE is better then the wrestling during the Attitude Era.

But to answer the topic at hand the worst storyline during the Attitude Era had to be when....WWE buried WCW/ECW in the Invasion angle. I mean seriously WWE did bury WCW/ECW. WWE won most of the matches and really WCW/ECW at no point seemed like any threat at all....most of the WCW/ECW guys getting the praise during the Invasion was not even WCW/ECW guys they was WWE guys who jumped over to WCW/ECW because not too many star powers was on WCW/ECW during the time of the Invasion. No NWO, Flair, Sting, no nothing of that caliber. McMahon pride and ego would not let WCW/ECW take control...because originally WWE was suppose to be the heels and WCW/ECW the faces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back