• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst PPV ever?

I know it's been said a thousand times, but KOTR 95 was the worst in history. I haven't seen Heroes of Wrestling, but what would one expect from a PPV that featured nothing but people past their prime with no story lines to generate even a bit of interest? KOTR 95 didn't have a decent match on it, and will be remembered as the start of one of the biggest (no pun intended) flops in the history of the WWE, King Mabel.

Basically any WCW show from 2000 untill they where sold. The gimmicks where unbearable. 3 count? Greg Helms great wrestler. Shannon Moore good wrestler. Evan Kuragias good wrestler. A stable with them sould have been awesome.

The other would have to be Bash at the Beach 2000. The rest of the card may have been good, may have been bad but it didn't really matter. To have one of your biggest draws lay down in the middle of the ring to lose a world title is an absolute disgrace to the business. To let that actually air, whether it was a shoot or a work or both was just pathetic. It's a bait and switch, period.
i COMPLETELY disagree. what happened that night was justice and was well done. We still got treated to a good booker/jarrett title match, and we got to witness russo say what has/had been on everyones minds (at least mine) for years now. Hogan was put in his place that night. that alone was worth the price of the PPV

Yes to people that know what is actually going on it was a great night. What I'm saying is that for the people that paid to see the show that night, expecting a "big" match, and instead they get a shoot interview. Don't get me wrong, I was more than glad to see Hogan get put in his place, but I just didn't like that it happened in front of a national pay per view audience. For smarks it was one of the best nights in wcw, but for the casual fan, it was a complete rip off.

Yes to people that know what is actually going on it was a great night. What I'm saying is that for the people that paid to see the show that night, expecting a "big" match, and instead they get a shoot interview. Don't get me wrong, I was more than glad to see Hogan get put in his place, but I just didn't like that it happened in front of a national pay per view audience. For smarks it was one of the best nights in wcw, but for the casual fan, it was a complete rip off.

i understand what youre saying, but it wasnt a complete rip off. like i said, you still got jarrett vs booker and the crowd went NUTS when booker won the title. so they went home happy it seemed. booker was way over back then.

That's very true about Booker and Jarrett. I didn't see the show live, but based on what I've heard the crowd did go crazy over his victory. If I'm not mistaken it was a rematch from Thunder the wednesday before. To me this show was the final nail in the coffin for WCW. Booker and Jarrett was probably the best that they could do with the situation they had on their hands, so I will commend WCW for trying to save the show.

One question...why are those of you out there who mark for Hulk Hogan hating on John Cena and making out PPV's where he headlines to be lousy just for that reason? Cena has at least twice the move set of Hogan.
even with twice the move set of hogan that still means that cena has like 4 moves. anyway i agree with d2d whole heartedly. i didn't see it but from what i read it was awful. my personal pick however would have to be summerslam 2007. triple h and rey mysterio returning at the same time was supposed to be huge. triple h's return i loved simpley cuz i am a huge mark for him but rey's sucked. he comes out looking like a bloated silver surfer. rey gets called spider-man sometimes and comes out looking like the flash or silver surfer randomly. wtf does he have a deal with marvel an dc to come out looking like super heeroes or something? anyway every match was predictable and boring. my uncle and i split the cost for this ppv and it wasn't even worth the $20 i chipped in.

No Mercy 2007 I beleive, Im quite sure alot of ppvs before this (boring end of 05 - end of 07 have sucked ass) but this was just shocking, I tuned in thinking, ohh look maybe they will have something interesting seeing as john cena lost his title last week because of a botched arm drag, maybe they will make it interesting, make it work, instead we get to see...

Randy be given the wwe title (he was the #1 contender but giving it to him was like yawn), loose it to triple h (this took what 40 minutes as in the segment and the match)

2 or 3 matchs later triple has his scheduled match with umanga (L) for the wwe title and gets beaten up and wins, big whoop.

Wait and next up is batista vs the shit khali in what i found as the worst match of the night, the indian prison. I changed the channel at this point, I just couldnt watch it

and then finaly, triple vs randy orton (again) in a last man standing match. Oooo triple dominated the entire match, sent rko through a table, smashed his head into the steel steps 10 times, hit him with 50 pedigrees yet rko kept getting up. Then finaly triple goes to put randy through another table and rko wakes up and rko's him. This gets the 10 count.

I cant remember the rest of the card but it was just painful seeing around a hour of the card devoted to triple, another 20 minutes on a muscle vs no knees and the rest well meh.

It was such a shit ppv.

:lsabre:are u people idoits! the worst ppv ever is vengeange 2006! none even left the ring for 10 seconds!!!! all the matches were normal type, and valued the quality of heat!!, and totally sucked balls. also wrestlemania 20 was a waste of a celebration. all the matches sucked, execpt he triple threat!!!! the lensar vs goldberg matches was probaly worse that the main event match on heat!!!!

:lsabre:are u people idoits! the worst ppv ever is vengeange 2006! none even left the ring for 10 seconds!!!! all the matches were normal type, and valued the quality of heat!!, and totally sucked balls.

So Vengeance 2006 was crap because there were no gimmick matches? And all the matches were of Heat quality? What about the D-X/Spirit Squad handicap match? What about the entertaing Cena vs. Sabu lumberjack match. Or even the really good RVD v.s Edge match?

It wasn't a special show. But it wasn't bad.

worst ppv ever..hum....know what ill say it...THIS YEARS WRESTLEMANIA......ric flair vs hbk.....seriously...boring....batista vs umaga...2 big boring no talent guys...the only matchs that will save this ppv will be taker and edge...as well as the MITB match....that is it...nothign else can save it...im tired of gay ass cena...triple h ALWAYS winning...so the main event will be a bust...lets face it ALMOST every wwe ppv since 2004 has been going down hill....

I serioulsy hope ur just joking...dude wat are your expectations seriously...i mean how the hell do u call hbk and flair boring..r u insane...wat were u expecting...someone to jump of a building or sumthing.

I don't really know my worst ever ... but some of the ones people are listing on here are ridiculous. I mean someone actually listed WM XIX? Are you kidding.
I think December to Dismember was obviously pretty damn bad ... and there are a few other kind of average ones over the years.
I know it had a sad moment ... by Over the Edge where Owen died kind of sucked. The card was ok, but Owen was slated in that IC match against Godfather pretty early on and when he fell the whole show sucked from there out. Rock vs. Trips started their long feud and is unmemorable, the main event features a title change from Austin to Taker and is still unmemorable. The Union vs. Corporate Ministry lost all of its luster ... etc.
We got a tag team title retain by Kane & X-Pac and an Al Snow Hardcore Title victory and then Owen's death ... and everything was forgettable.

I dunno theres some pre attitude era PPVs to name, and a few during the attitude era, but I'm just going to name one from not long ago..

So I'm going with last years One Night Stand, on paper the card looked great, full of nothing but gimmick matches, I ordered it thinking theres no way you can go wrong with some of these gimmick matches plus the "no rules" thing for the whole show.

Boy was I wrong! Not much about the show was "no rules" and all the gimmick matches turned into shit matches, overall turned into one of the worst shows I had ever seen, put on a street fight and it looks more like a WCW match from 1992 with the "over the top rope rule". Didn't buy many WWE PPV's after that.

How about any WCW PPV. Jesus those things were a chore to watch. Most importantly the 1998 Halloween Havoc. The PPV got shut off in the middle of the main event because glorious WCW didn't know how to manage time. Plus the Hogan Warrior match was horrid.

How about any WCW PPV. Jesus those things were a chore to watch. Most importantly the 1998 Halloween Havoc. The PPV got shut off in the middle of the main event because glorious WCW didn't know how to manage time. Plus the Hogan Warrior match was horrid.

How dare you! The 1998 version of Halloween Havoc was one of the very best W.C.W. Pay Per Views, ever! And I have no clue who your cable or satelite provider is or was during that time, but I had cable and mine ran until 10:30p.m.. (30 mins over) without getting interrupted or shut off.

Haven't you ever noticed that wrestling Pay Per Views get an extended 30 mins to an hour extra, that they never use but its there if they need to?

At any rate, how or better yet WHY would you consider that Pay Per View horrible? Look at the line-up. Raven v. Chris Jericho. Wrath v. Meng. Disco Inferno v. Juvi, then Disco v. Kidman. Scott Steiner & The Giant v. Rick Steiner, followed by Rick Steiner v. Scott Steiner. Bret Hart v. Sting. Kevin Nash v. Scott Hall. Hollywood Hogan v. The Warrior. Goldberg v. Diamond Dallas Page.

That was one of the most stalked line-ups I'd ever seen from ANY Pay Per View. And practically each match was solid and great. If you're gonna bad mouth a Pay Per View, at least find a better reason to do it than time restrictions cut YOU off. Because I viewed the entire thing and loved it, all 3 hours and 30 minutes.

WWECW December to Dismember. A HORRIBLE show. Vince McMahon should be wearing a paperbag over his head to this day after that debacle. I've hated his guts ever since! Thank God I didn't order that ppv and never saw it. I know what you're wondering, if I never saw it, how do I know it was bad? Trust me... I know!

My pick is The Great American Bash '05. Their wasn't a single redeeming thing about it. Even the Eddie Guerrero/Rey Mysterio match wasn't up to par with their other memorable bouts from that year. And that was the only match I could possibly consider ok. The main event was basically nothing but a set up match for SummerSlam. It wasn't a very good set up match for a set up match either.

Close second: WWA Inception (from 2001/2002)- taped in late 2001 and aired in early 2002.

Yeah GAB 2005 was bad. You know a ppv is bad when the best match of the night is a bra and panties match between Torrie Wilson and Melina. IMO that was the best match of the show. Benoit, Guerrero, and Mysterio had rare bad matches on this ppv.

WRESTLEMANIA XX! I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack for this, but Brock Lesnar-Goldberg? WTF? It should have been illegal those two do that at WrestleMania. What match stands out at that one? Two fatal four ways for tag titles because no one had any original ideas for the tag titles. One year of promotion and it was the biggest letdown I've ever seen.

Oh, and that Bash At the Beach with Rodman and Leno. But it was WCW. You got what you paid for I guess lol. :undertaker2:

How dare you! The 1998 version of Halloween Havoc was one of the very best W.C.W. Pay Per Views, ever! And I have no clue who your cable or satelite provider is or was during that time, but I had cable and mine ran until 10:30p.m.. (30 mins over) without getting interrupted or shut off.

Haven't you ever noticed that wrestling Pay Per Views get an extended 30 mins to an hour extra, that they never use but its there if they need to?

At any rate, how or better yet WHY would you consider that Pay Per View horrible? Look at the line-up. Raven v. Chris Jericho. Wrath v. Meng. Disco Inferno v. Juvi, then Disco v. Kidman. Scott Steiner & The Giant v. Rick Steiner, followed by Rick Steiner v. Scott Steiner. Bret Hart v. Sting. Kevin Nash v. Scott Hall. Hollywood Hogan v. The Warrior. Goldberg v. Diamond Dallas Page.

That was one of the most stalked line-ups I'd ever seen from ANY Pay Per View. And practically each match was solid and great. If you're gonna bad mouth a Pay Per View, at least find a better reason to do it than time restrictions cut YOU off. Because I viewed the entire thing and loved it, all 3 hours and 30 minutes.

Actually it was well documented that a very large amount of people got cut off. It even resulted in WCW showing the match for free on Nitro the next night.
And I will give you that the card does look very god on paper, but it was a horrible show.
and I have never heard of ppv's having 30 minute over runs, but regardless of that WCW did a terrible job of pacing that show.

I will say Over The Edge, just because of the fact that Owen sadly passed on that night. The card itself wasnt the worst, wasnt close to being the best either. It just may be the worst day in wrestling history during a show. I didnt watch the PPV, I forget why, I just heard about it the next morning, and it was the biggest shock to me I had ever heard in my life at the time. The show should have been stopped, postponed in respect for the fallen Hart.

("WRESTLEMANIA XX! I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack for this, but Brock Lesnar-Goldberg? WTF? It should have been illegal those two do that at WrestleMania. What match stands out at that one? Two fatal four ways for tag titles because no one had any original ideas for the tag titles. One year of promotion and it was the biggest letdown I've ever seen.")

No offense punkydiva17, but are you serious? You are insisting that the payperview that brought us HHH vs. HBKvs. Benoit, Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho vs. Christian, and the return of the Undertaker is the worst! I mean it had an occassional low point, as most ppv's have but it certainly wasn't bad.

IMO, i would go with GAB 2006 just because althought it was a decent card, a lot of guys like Khali, Mark Henry, Lashley, and Super Crazy were taken off because of injury or sickness.

I think what has to be one of the worst if not the worst PPVs in history would be the very first NWO Souled Out. For one who really wants to pay $35.00, or however much it cost back then (I dont remember really), to watch a PPV in black and white? Secondly, I'm not a big fan of main events that end in a no contest or anything of the sort.

Probably the only decent match(es) of the night was either the ladder match with Eddie or the Steiners winning the tag belts. Other than that it was pretty boring. Sorry thats just my opinion.

For me it's definitely the "Great American Bash '91", I got a copy a By-way some years back, for about a buck!

HORRIBLE...I mean nothing even remotely watchable, just an all around terrible atrocious show! Flair's departure was definitely felt.....Luger vs. Windham didn't exactly set the world on fire...Luger's inexplicable heel turn....the extremely dissapointing chain match with Sting/Koloff.....a Scaffold match????.....cartoonish mid-carders that were the brain child of Jim Herd...and of course...no Ric Flair! I may be Flair's most harsh critic around here, but I do like the guy, and his value to the NWA/WCW/Crockett Promotions cannot be argued...and the impact was apparent at this show.

I'd have to say for a PPV I watched live, I'd go with King of the Ring '95.....just everything was a mess across the board.....first off the two favourities...Shawn & 'Taker don't even make it past the 1st round....so right there the crowd is killed....second of all, all the first round matches were either boring (Shawn/Kama), uneventful (Yoko/Savio), terrible (Mabel/Taker), or a pleasent surprise (Road Dogg: Roadie/Bob Holly). But the second round was....Savio Vega, Road Dogg (still 2 years away from meaning anything) and Mabel! Yeah....

The Bret/Lawler match was one of the biggest letdowns in PPV history if you ask me...and of course the Mabel/Savio match hit all new levels of boredom! The match should've come with a label....WARNING: MAY CAUSE NARCOLEPSY! And of course the least memorable KOTR winner...Mabel! That's when the crowd started really turning on the show chanting ECW!

And of course, it came down to the tag main event...Diesel (Babyface champion who was probably the #3 or 4 babyface on the roster in terms of popularity) teaming up with Bam Bam (nothing against him, but his babyface turn didn't get over like anyone hopes) vs. Sid ('nuff said) and Tatanka (no explenation needed). Cut..print...yawn!

I bet Vince is still wondering how this show could've bombed...well he'd have to be...after all.....up until he was sent home a few months ago, he was pushing that same fat useless doofus!

I'm sure the Heroes of Wrestling PPV was awful but I've only ever seen WWE PPV's so my pick would be: No Mercy 2004
- Eddie Guerrero def. Luther Reigns
Cruiserweight Championship
- Spike Dudley def. Nunzio to retain
- Billy Kidman def. Paul London
WWE Tag Team Championship
- Rene Dupree & Kenzo Suzuki def. Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio to retain
- Big Show def. Kurt Angle
United States Championship
- John Cena def. Booker T in Match No. 5 of a Best-of-Five Series to win the championship
- Rico, Charlie Haas & Miss Jackie def. The Dudleys & Dawn Marie
WWE Championship
- JBL def. Undertaker in a Last Ride Match to retain

Smackdown PPV's generally sucked around this time, but this one was especially bad. Oddball pairings like Charlie Hass & Rico and Rene Dupree & Kenzo Suzuki meant I could care less about who won, and making Spike Dudley vs. Nunzio and Paul London vs. Billy Kidman seperate matches seemed like a way to just fill out the card. I'm sure Eddie vs. Luther Reigns was just a way to give Luther some sort of rub (Eddie had only lost the heavyweight title months prior) but sweet Jesus, Triple H couldn't have made this a match worth watching. The other matches were almost as easy miss.
One of WWE's worst.

Unforgiven 1999. The only good match was six man match. The Kennel From Hell match was the worst thing WWF ever did and I don't think Al Snow's career ever recovered from the shame of that dud. I've never ordered a PPV after that and I never will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back