• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst PPV ever?

One Night Stand 2007 wasn't all that bad. I think that it was one of the better ones of 2007.

Back on topic.

The worst would have to be Great American Bash 2005. The ONLY decent match and i mean THE ONLY one would have to be the Christian Cage vs Booker T match.

Or as some other people said WM 11. I have the complete Wrestlemania Anthology 1-23 and WM 11 was the only one that didn't impress me.

ECW's D2D.

Hardyz vs MNM was the only match i didn't skip after 2 minutes. I wasted $10 on that piece of crap they call wrestling.

For me, the worst PPV i ever watched was NWO Souled Out. Talk about a bad PPV. All the matches were about making WCW wrestlers look bad. Why would you have a beauty contest without any beautiful woman. Finally the main event was a joke. Not only did it make The giant look stupid but it also left a bad taste in everybody's mouth.

:lmao: I hated this Pay Per View so much, but not because I felt it was horrible. Because it took place from Cedar Rapids, Iowa.. which I've NEVER seen a wrestling event there.. and its about an hour and a half from me. I was pissed, simply because I was unaware it was going to be there. Otherwise, I completely would've went.

Now, as far as judging that p.p.v. goes.. correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the matches partly, or all the way in black and white? Maybe that was just the n.W.o. mini show they ran for a while, when they claimed the n.W.o. members didn't have a right to wrestle in a W.C.W. ring.

Anyways, that p.p.v. sucked mainly because yeah, it was a bunch of jobbers, defeating guys that shouldn't of been defeated. The p.p.v. was a glorifed regular televised event. Although, I have to admit.. I enjoyed the Steiners v. the Outsiders. And a lot of people don't realize just how good the match Eddie Guerrero v. Syxx really was. Plus, they've forgotten about the Buff Bagwell v. Scotty Riggs match, which I was always a fan of Riggs.. well, I at least hoped he'd get a bigger push.. never happened.

this could be a strange one but i think one of the worst ive seen is Royal Rumble 06.

1st match - the cruiserweight open, this lead to gregory helms winning the title but having no competition for a year, this match was quite good but it was predictable.

2nd match- boogeyman vs JBL this was a shit match in the middle of the most shit push ever. the match lasted about 5 seconds and made JBL look like a jobber.

3rd match- mickie james vs ashley with special guest referee trish stratus, this was also a balls feud and the only good part was the lesbian kiss, the match was crap mainly because ashley cant wrestle.

4th match- the royal rumble???? why wasnt this the main event match? in this match we saw Rey Mysterio get a sympathy win because of Eddie Guerrero's death which was milked by WWE and Rey Mysterio to further Reys career. this match also saw the terrible eliminations of carlito and golddust which looked so fake it was unbelieveable.

5th match- Edge vs John Cena. Cena comes out on his confetti exploding entrance way which looks like its from some star trek prop. then Edge tapps out after about 10 minutes making his title rein last 3 weeks?? Edge had to go through a burning table to get his credibility back.

Main Event - Mark Henry vs Kurt Angle. god why did Mark Henry get this match he is absoloutely terrible. the only good thing about this match was the undertakers challenge which led on to a legendary match at no way out.

this maybe wasnt the worst ppv ever but i think it deserves a mention as to how shit it was

Ok, anybody who says WM21, 22 or 23 were the worst ppvs ever should never be allowed to post on here again. I get it that you don't like Cena but the main events were great matches. Cena's match at WM21 against JBL was lacking but the guy made up for it the last two years. Even taking the Cena matches out and those WM's were still good. I agree WM11 has to be the worst ever just because of expectations and what was actually produced. Nothing made sense and, no disrespect to Bam Bam, the main event should've been shown in a high school gym somewhere.

The Worst EVER.......2006 ECW's December to Dismember.
ecwdecember.jpg

Made me want to kill myself! I wasted F*CKIN $40.00 on that SHIT! They only had ONE decent match, and even it sucked!
Hardys vs. MNM was ok, but come on, Hardys weren't even at there best.
Balls Mahoney vs Matt Striker I liked Mahoney winning out, but a lame ass match.
Elijah Burke & Sylvester Terkay vs the FBI I don't even remember this match. Was I in the bathroom?
Daivari vs Tommy Dreamer Ok, as many know, I mark for Original ECW, so to have Dreamer lose to DAIVARI! I wanted to Shit myself, but I was in the bathroom durning the last match.
Kevin Thorn/Ariel vs Mike Knox/Kelly Kelly I just watched to see Ariel and Kelly Kelly.
Extreme Elimination Chamber To put together a Horrible card, and hope that the main event is enough, ******ED! The match had some good spots, but RVD losing that early was LAME, Sabu taken out of the match was LAME! Where was the Sandman? And Lashley wins! I hated my life at the moment! December to dismember HANDS-DOWN!

Survivor Series '98.

The Rock re-doing the Bret Hart "screw-job" finish with the sharpshooter on Mankind was total BS... not to mention they didn't have a single survivor style match.

There are some awful Attitude era PPVs that come close, especially the Los Boriquos-DOA-Nation "gang war" feud that last forever, but I ordered SS '98 with extremely high hopes for a quality title tournament, something like the old King of the Hill (not Ring) tourneys in the 80s, but was treated to the steamiest pile of crap ever produced by WWF.

I couldn't wait to tune into Nitro the next night, and did so for some time thereafter.

For me it's a two way tie. December to dismember...words don't describe how truly bad this show was. While the hardy/mnm and the chamber match weren't that bad, the rest of the show was so bad it wasn't even advertised. Think of it this way: Vince Mcmahon, the undisputed king of publicity, didn't advertise the matches that were planned. Let your mind get around that for a minute.

The other would have to be Bash at the Beach 2000. The rest of the card may have been good, may have been bad but it didn't really matter. To have one of your biggest draws lay down in the middle of the ring to lose a world title is an absolute disgrace to the business. To let that actually air, whether it was a shoot or a work or both was just pathetic. It's a bait and switch, period.

Survivor Series '98.

The Rock re-doing the Bret Hart "screw-job" finish with the sharpshooter on Mankind was total BS... not to mention they didn't have a single survivor style match.

There are some awful Attitude era PPVs that come close, especially the Los Boriquos-DOA-Nation "gang war" feud that last forever, but I ordered SS '98 with extremely high hopes for a quality title tournament, something like the old King of the Hill (not Ring) tourneys in the 80s, but was treated to the steamiest pile of crap ever produced by WWF.

I couldn't wait to tune into Nitro the next night, and did so for some time thereafter.

No way that this is the crappiest PPV ever. Not a chance. The Austin v. Mankind match with Shane stopping at the two count is good enough by itself to be not the worst PPV ever.

However, the WORST PPV ever is awarded to:

WWF Armageddon 1999

Horrendous to say the least. Card:

-Acolytes win #1 Contender Tag-Title Battle Royal

-Kurt Angle def. Steve Blackman

-Miss Kitty defeated Ivory, Jacqueline, and B.B. (w/The Fabulous Moolah and Mae Young as Special Guest Referees) in a Four Corners Evening Gown Pool match to win the WWF Women's Championship

-The Holly Cousins (Hardcore and Crash) defeated Rikishi and Viscera

-Val Venis defeated The British Bulldog (c) and D'Lo Brown in a Triple Threat match to win the WWF European Championship

-Kane defeated X-Pac in a Steel cage match

-Chris Jericho defeated Chyna (w/Miss Kitty) to win the WWF Intercontinental Championship

-The Rock 'n' Sock Connection (The Rock and Mankind) defeated WWF Tag Team Champions The New Age Outlaws (Mr. Ass and Road Dogg) by disqualification

-The Big Show defeated The Big Boss Man to retain the WWF Championship

• 3 minutes, 11 seconds. Horrible. Bossman? Terrible.

-Triple H defeated Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred Match

This is just shameful. At what point did they think it was a good idea to put the Bossman in a title match? Should have put Mae Young in there instead. The only good part of the card was Hardcore and Crash. They did it....FOR DA ROCK.

Without question or doubt, IMHO, December to Dismember set a new low in PPV...nay...in pro wrestling show history. Yes, I agree Souled Out bit the big one. WM11 was a major dud fest. But when you can't even get a great match out of the Hardyz vs. anybody, the PPV sucks.

One question...why are those of you out there who mark for Hulk Hogan hating on John Cena and making out PPV's where he headlines to be lousy just for that reason? Cena has at least twice the move set of Hogan. Hogan was roided up, and was old 15 years ago. Cena may not be a Malenko or Benoit or even a Shawn Michaels (although kudos to HBK for finding submission holds in his middle age, rather than the flying elbow, kip up, reverse atomic drop, clothesline, top rope elbow, superkick, 1,2 3), but he does put on a good match, he is out there trying to make his appearances worth watching, has no problem in letting his opponent look strong, and he is not ruled by his ego (from what I read).

Hogan did a wonderful job of being the fecal...I mean focal...point of Vince's marketing machine. He lead the charge that took pro wrestling out of the back rooms and made it main stream (oh...and how many of you regret that???) But he was never a skilled wrestler. Sorry. And his appearance at a PPV definitely does not make it worth watching...or attending (Hogan vs Big Show....snore)

MP

KOTR 1995 is really, really bad. Whenever Mable is your top heel guy, you know something isn't right. Not to mention having both HBK and Taker in the tourny and both losing or fighting to a draw.

Also, Luger/Bulldog/Jarrett/Ramon weren't even in the tournament.. imagine if they were, then it might have been one of the better ones..

WCW Great American Bash 1999 sucked maybe more than KOTR 1995, everyone seemed to have mailed in their performance, well, not the tag title match as that was decent, but Sting being bitten by a dog? Give me a break.

D2D is the worst out of all the moden era. During the 90's its KOTR 95. Who the blue hell came up with the cards on these 2 ppv's. It gave me a freaking headache while watching them. i wanted to shit on the DVDs and sent them back to WWE head offic. Cock suckers made me waste my good 6hrs

The worst pay-per-view ever? I say Wrestlemania II.

My gosh, it was horrendous. I usually don't like to dwell on WWE programming. I try to keep it positive since professional wrestling is a tough industry and all participants deserve our respect. But I really hated Wrestlemania II.

First of all, the commentary was awful. Just watch Wrestlemania II and listen to the celebrity broadcasters. You'll cringe. Literally.

Second, it had the feeling of a glorified house show. Heck on WWE 24/7 I've seen house shows that puts Wrestlemania II to shame. When house shows can blow a Wrestlemania away, you know it wasn't WWE's night.

Third, it emenated from three locations. While it would be fair to give McMahon points for creativity, it made the show feel disjointed.

The main event needs no elabortion. Hogan and Bundy in a cage? For those who never saw that match, just let your imagination run wild... I dare you not to dose off after two minutes.

Again, I usually cut WWE some slack. But for that show I can't.

IMO, December to Dismember is the worst ppv of all time. I watched that and was so pissed off at it. The only good match was Hardys vs. MNM, and that baely met my expectations. The elimination chamber was not great. I was told extreme and didn't think it was that extreme, i mean I actuallty liked the promos that advertised the No Way Out Elimination Chambers last month better than that crap i saw.

The worst pay-per-view ever? I say Wrestlemania II.

My gosh, it was horrendous. I usually don't like to dwell on WWE programming. I try to keep it positive since professional wrestling is a tough industry and all participants deserve our respect. But I really hated Wrestlemania II.

First of all, the commentary was awful. Just watch Wrestlemania II and listen to the celebrity broadcasters. You'll cringe. Literally.

Second, it had the feeling of a glorified house show. Heck on WWE 24/7 I've seen house shows that puts Wrestlemania II to shame. When house shows can blow a Wrestlemania away, you know it wasn't WWE's night.

Third, it emenated from three locations. While it would be fair to give McMahon points for creativity, it made the show feel disjointed.

The main event needs no elabortion. Hogan and Bundy in a cage? For those who never saw that match, just let your imagination run wild... I dare you not to dose off after two minutes.

Again, I usually cut WWE some slack. But for that show I can't.

This might have just taken the top spot on my list. I had forgotten about this show, and now I think I remember why. The only thing at all that was a good idea was the 3 locations, but it was just weird. What you said about glorified house show is dead on. The majority of the show did have that feeling to it. Most of the matches felt like they were just there for the sake of being there. The boxing match is cool for its novelty, and the battle royal was just weird with the football players in it. By far and away the best match was the tag title match, but why was ozzy osbourne there? Like most of the show, completely didn't fit. And this was wrestlemania? Wow this makes 11 look good.

Sadly, I actually attended December To Dismember. 3 friends and I sat ringside on the corner left of the announcers.
Everyday prior to the show we checked for an updated card and nothing. Then we get to the show at an absolutely horrible James Brown Arena and see shirts advertising the card. How the hell could they print shirts and not at least advertised the matches?
Hardys and MNM was good, Thorn's was great joking with the crowd and the Elimination Chamber was worth it, despite no Sabu.
The best part was on the morning of the show we went out for breakfast, pull up to a red light and next to us is Arn Anderson, Steamboat & Malenko.
After the show all of the guys were in the parking lot, including Sabu, but the only one to come outside the ropes with the fans were CM Punk and Maria.
Still the worst show ever. But so bad it's memorable.

I forgot i had ordered D2D up until maybe five minutes ago. It was easily one of the worst nights of my life. I sat there with some friends watching in awe as Vince McMahon secretly laughed and cackled that he got 40$ from me for a glorified Tuesday night ECW show. Good god was everything about that show deplorable. And the reason they didn't advertise the show beforehand was simply because noone would pay their good money to see Tommy Dreamer versus Davari.

God, what a miserable night and PPV.

for me the worst ppv ever had 2 be the 1995 king of the ring godd-damn it was atrocious...mable aka big daddy v won and the main event was a horrible tag team match... the only good thing was the hbk vs kama first round match and that ended in a draw so yea the worst ppv ever the 1995 king of the ring!!

My vote is a Tie between AWA Superclash 3, Herb Abrahm's UWF BEACH Brawl, and, WWE/ECW December To Dismember. Superclash was a bad PPV for the simple fact that it was a weak last desperate attemp for Verne Gagne to combine with other promotions to compete with wwe and it failed miserably and reportedly a lot of the talent wasnt paid for the show either. Now December To Dismemeber also gets my vote because sitting through just the first 30 minutes of it is obvious the raping of a once great company. and Finally Herb Abrahm's UWF Beach Brawl. This was so so bad in my opinion that nothing I can really say could describe exept maybe for all you that Think Don West on TNA is the worst color guy in history you listen to Bruno Sanmartino for five minutes and you will think Don West is like Jesse Ventura.

worst ppv ever..hum....know what ill say it...THIS YEARS WRESTLEMANIA......ric flair vs hbk.....seriously...boring....batista vs umaga...2 big boring no talent guys...the only matchs that will save this ppv will be taker and edge...as well as the MITB match....that is it...nothign else can save it...im tired of gay ass cena...triple h ALWAYS winning...so the main event will be a bust...lets face it ALMOST every wwe ppv since 2004 has been going down hill....

Fortunately I have enough brains to buy the 4 ppv's that matter (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series) and not all the other ones that the 3rd and 4th string guys and girls wrestle on. You know, like who would have hopes that Cody Rhodes make wrestlemania?

But anyways, as far as I've paid to see, it would be Wrestlemania XIX (19). I mean what jumps out at ya as a good match except for HBK/Jericho?

Oh yeah, what about that Bash at the Beach where it was DDP/Karl Malone vs Hogan/Rodman? My gosh

Fortunately I have enough brains to buy the 4 ppv's that matter (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series) and not all the other ones that the 3rd and 4th string guys and girls wrestle on. You know, like who would have hopes that Cody Rhodes make wrestlemania?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Do not.. I repeat, DO NOT.. bad mouth Cody "Wet Dream" Rhodes. Okay, ever. Never.

Hes our future. You better get used to it, because sometimes the future isn't always bright, or happy..

But anyways, as far as I've paid to see, it would be Wrestlemania XIX (19). I mean what jumps out at ya as a good match except for HBK/Jericho?

I seriously hope you're kidding. Have you even seen the Pay Per View?

Matt Hardy v. Rey Mysterio with a great opener. Trish Stratus v. Victoria v. Jazz. Team Angle v. Benoit/Rhyno v. Los Guerreros. H.B.K. v. Jericho. Triple H. v. Booker T. Hulk Hogan v. Mr. McMahon. The Rock v. Steve Austin. Brock Lesnar v. Kurt Angle.

The entire card, from top to bottom (outside of Taker's match) was outstanding for everything it was. How on earth could you call all the matches outside of H.B.K./Jericho horrible?! You need your eyes checked.

Oh yeah, what about that Bash at the Beach where it was DDP/Karl Malone vs Hogan/Rodman? My gosh

Any Pay Per View headlined with two basketball players is definately a shit card. I'd say the Road Wild Pay Per View with Jay Leno, but at least that card had a great under-belly.

Again, don't.. ever, with Cody Rhodes. You've been warned. :angry:

The worst pay per view ever by WWE is Armageddon 2003 without question. The fact that all of Homo Hunter's buddies aka Evolution the worst faction in wrestling history won all of the titles that night which was a joke. Hunter was so jealous of Goldberg's pops and stuff that he did anything it took to make sure he got the strap away from Goldberg. Hunter is the worst champion in WWE history period. The ratings suck when he is champ cause no one wants to see him. I watched the pay per view at Hooters thank god I didn't pay for it and when Orton won the I-C title to give Evolution 2 of the 3 titles I left and didn't even watch the main event cause I knew what was going to happen. Armageddon 03 = Worst Ever!!

ecw december to dismember all the way horrible had like two days to build up a pay per view worst thing about it the only thing they built up was a elimantaion chamber with weapons wow real exciting that sucked partially vince's fault anyways i heard heyman wanted too do it another way but o well this ppv will go down as one of the worst in history haha

I know its been said a lot but seriously December to dismember was the worst thing i have ever watched. Without the elimination chamber it could have been mistaken for a episode of ECW, a REALLY BAD episode of ECW. and even the elimination chamber was not that great. Why did they not use Sabu? he could have done some awesome spots in the chamber and then they replaced him with Hardcore Holly who has got to be one of the most boring people in the WWE, it was a complete joke. i just read that it had the lowest buy rate in WWE history im really not surprised, whats more surprising is that even though it had the lowest buy rate it still managed 90000 buys. 90000 x 40=3600000 so Vince Mcmahon made 3600000 dollars of that piece of shit, its unbelievable, he should have been paying us to watch it!

It seems to be a concensus, but I actually would have to agree with everybody about December for Dismember. It just didn't live up to what it could have been. It ended at like 10:15, half an hour early because it was so shitty they had nothing to fill the card with. The Extreme Elimination Chamber could have been a good idea, but it flopped and gave us the worst Elimination Chamber in the history of Elimination Chamber matches. The PPV was downright horrible, there were really no high points, and it was the official end of ECW even resembling the old ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back