• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst On-Screen Chemistry

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
This was inspired by jmt225's post in the Best On-Screen Chemistry thread. He made mention of Bennifer having horrible chemistry on-screen in Gigli, even though they were in love in real life. What I want to know, is the exact opposite of the other thread. Who has been in a movie, or TV show, where the chemistry just wasn't there, and brought down the quality of the product?

One that comes to mind for me is Billy Crystal and Robin Williams in Father's Day. Their on-stage comedy works great together, and without each other, we may never revere them as all-time greats. But, in this movie, they just don't mesh together. They're very restricted by their characters, and the script wasn't as loose as both have them probably would've liked.

Another one I can't help but list is Jim Carrey and Rene Zellweger in Me, Myself, and Irene. I love the movie. It was funny as hell, but only when it was one or the other making the gag work. Together, they fell flat, and that's what got Carrey a bad review for this film. The story and the script were perfect for comedy, but Zellweger just didn't fit in, and couldn't live up to the level that Carrey set, so it pulled him back. There was also a great supporting cast for this movie, and the chemistry just wasn't there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back