• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst Gimick Ever!!!!!!!!

Soul Crusher said:
The whole thing with Brock Lesnar in particular was disturbing - I'm not sure if you remember that. I think that may be how they wrote Zach Gowen off. Probably the fact that watching him take a bump really made you wince is the reason why he didn't last too long.

I do remember. And yes it was disturbing. The kid did have guts, and Vince is always ready for a shock value storyline. But, that was almost too much.

There have been soo many bad gimmicks.The Goon,Waylon Mercy,Beaver Cleavage,there was a wrestling plummer,smash as a professional golfer,the worst ever has to be when Brutus Beefcake was part off the dungeon of doom as the Zodiac Man.That was terrible

dude..TL Hopper...eating the wet log of crap from the pool at SummerSlam 96...man I have been watching this stuff for too long...

I really hated the middle of the Eddie Guerrero heel gimmick. At the start and end it was pretty good, how they got him into the gimmick with Rey, then they had him with Batista, but all that grap with Dominic was really too much.

Does anyone remember the feud in WCW between the Disco Inferno and the dancing German Alex Wright.....those were some pretty bad gimmicks

The Basham Brother Anything With Rey Mysterio He Is Not A High Flyer Even Any More And The Eddie Gurreo Angle Was Very Distastefull I Do How Ever Have To Say Mula And Mae Young Groooooooooooossssssss A_s Sizzzzit

TL Hopper...Aldo Montoya the Portuguese Man-O War...Avatar...UMAGA

Wow, this is going to bring back some painful memories. So many good ones so far. I can totally believe why these have been forgotten, but I feel the need to list them all. So bear with me.

The Goon (hockey player)
The entire Dungeon of Doom
The Ding Dongs (would come to the ring in WCW and ring a bell constantly during the match)
Buzzkill (Road Dogg's little brother trying to rip off his gimmick)
Maxx Moon (I bet Konnan is kickin himself in the ass for that one)
Berserker
Dean Douglas (Not one of Shane Douglas' better days)
El Matador
Jean Pierre Lafitte (The original swash buckling pirate)
Jameson (Anybody else remember him?)
Dusty Rhodes (Only during his polka dot days in the WWF)
Kwang the Ninja (Man, Savio Vega was really hurtin for work)
Meat (Shawn Stasiak showing exactly how worthless he was)
Outback Jack (as quick as he got there, he was gone)
Tony "Saba Simba" Atlas
The Stalker Barry Windham
The Sultan
Tugboat
Well Dunn (The out of shape "Chippendales" mock tag team)
American Males (Buff Bagwell could never get a fiar shake at anything after that)
Arachniman (One of the Armstrong boys rippin off Spider Man until Stan Lee put the kabash on that)
The Booty Man
The Dynamic Dudes (Johnny Ace needs that one thrown back in his face a million times over)
Evad Sullivan
G.I. Bro (Well, Booker T must have idolized Sgt. Slaughter or somethin)
Glacier
Johnny B. Badd
The KISS Demon
Loch Ness
Oz (Kevin Nash at that point might have wanted to consider a career change)
PN News
Shockmaster
Van Hammer
The Artist Formerly Known As Prince Iaukea
The Yeti

The worse gimmick is the spirit squad. Who ass wipe thought that up? 5 grown ass men running around with pompoms. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of!!

Oklahoma. That dude making fun of Jim Ross on WCW back in the day. That shit was just mean. I laughed but it was just horrible.

Adam Bomb
Gobbledy Gooker
Bastion Booger
"Adorable" Adrian Adonis
Beaver Cleavage
Brutus Beefcake
The Booty Man
The Disciple
The Man With No Face
Billy and Chuck
The Bodydonnas
Dink the Clown
The Godwinns
Giant Gonzalez
Irwin R. Schyster (IRS)
Katie Vick
Lo-Down
Mantaur
Nailz
Naked Mideon
Sparky Plugg
Saba Simba
Salvatore Sincere
T&A
King Mabel
Xanta Klaus
Issac Yankem, D.D.S.
David Arquette, WCW Champ
Asya
Black Scorpion
Glacier
The KISS Demon
Steve McMichael
The Renegade
Shockmaster
Van Hammer
Zodiac

Ed Leslie is on there 5 times. You have to feel sorry for that man.

I think you would really have to specify which Doink you are adding to the list. Matt Borne did a wonderful job as the original evil Doink. When it got passed around and was eventually given Dink, then yes, it deserves to be on this list.

Yes, Sparly Plugg is a good one. I mean, Vince must have thought he was a pure genius to give us a race car driver named Thurman "Sparky" Plugg.

Oh, should we add Akeem The African Dream on there??? Vince basically killed the One Man Gang and repacked him in a parking lot voodoo ceremony with Slick. Wham bam, thank you ma'am, we get Akeem.

And is just me, or was the Papa Shango gimmick a lame one too?

The Dicks

The Miz (total dork)

Katie Vick

Kane and Lita, Kane and Tori

Carlito is getting very stale and annoying

DDP the stalker

Chyna

Too many to list.....

Come on, Gillberg was a spoof character. Kind of like what the Oklahoma character in WCW was to Jim Ross, or what the BWO was to the NWO. They were all quite humorous.

I agree that they were all hilarious as all hell!

Oklahoma: "Pinata, Pinata, Pinata!"

Gillberg: Him getting lost backstage, his groans, His mock entrance with the sparklers courtesy of the Job Squad, the fire extinguisher that would knock him around, and most of all, the fake "GILLBERG! GILLBERG!" chants that were played on the sound system in the arena. That was classic! I wish they would bring him back.

BWO: Blue Meanie isn't funny and kind of annoying but Richards and Nova are the true comedians of that stable. Watching Nova performing the leg drop in a clumsy way along with the Hogan mannerisms are what make it truly one ofthe greatest. The Orlando Jordan afro spoof? Hilarious!

How come they aren't a permanent fixture in WWE? What the hell?

gamehead said:
Don't know if any of you remember but The Gobbledygooker was the worst gimmick ever

Thats exactly what I was gonna say!lol,and what the was the BWO all about thats gotta be a close second that was just supid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back