worst finisher on smackdown

xeducatex

Dark Match Jobber
alright hands down dumbest finisher on smackdown aside from the kahli head squeeze, is the mvp's stupid whatever
i dont even know what its called its so dumb
how is someone supposed to believe thats gunna get the 3

runner up is the paydirt
once again how am i supposed to believe that your gunna get the three by jumping into someone and then falling while holding there head
it just looks so dumb
idk
what do you guys think
whats the worst finisher on smackdown

The Drive By Kick is a great kick finisher - it does exactly that. Finishes his opponent. If you mean the Playmaker then fair enough - the Overdrive just doesn't look convincing.
The Khali Vice Grip squeezes your opponent lifeless. Makes sense to have a giant use that kind of finisher the same with his Tree Slam.

Pay Dirt - Crap Name, Crap Finisher. Benjamin needs to start using the T-Bone again or even the Superkick. He either jumps to high so it looks cack or the opponent doesn't sell it in time. Really don't like the Pay Dirt.

Koslov's headbutt. His finisher was that reverse DDT, but it looks like he's dropped that for some reason. Terrible, terrible finisher. They can't seriously think that people will believe that he could defeat a ME guy with that move, but then we had the Khali chop as a finisher didn't we? Regal's finisher is a knee to the head instead of the Regal Stretch or the Regal Cutter (which wasn't even a cutter it was a fn neckbreaker), and then Burchill with the curb stomp, which when i said that wa crap the whole world and his wife wanted to argue how great it was.

Back to the SD! guys however.....

The Drive-By Kick is a shit move. It was better when he did the run up to the turnbuckle and did it as a signature move rather than a finisher. If the shining wizard doesn't get victories why would a simple kick to the head? Then again this is a company that try to tell us that a punt to the head is more devastating than a 25 minute beat down in an Unsanctioned match

I'm glad that people have said that Paydirt is shit. Everytime i see it, i keep thinking that he's been countered somehow and then he's getting the pin. It did look pretty badass when he did it on Jeff in the Scramble though.

As much as he's my current favorite (since Edge is out for now) on Smackdown, I'd have to honestly say..

The Kendrick: What exactly is it suppose to be? A reverse death-drop, but with more impact because he's running up the turnbuckles? Lame.

If Kendrick is ever going to be anything serious, he's gonna need to start doing something more and finding an alternative route. Sure, 'The Kendrick' is working for now, but overall it hasn't won him gold.. and he's lightning quick with his feet, so a possible Shinning Wizard, or Buzzsaw kick couldn't be out of the question, maybe even a form or version of a Superkick, especially since he's following in the footsteps of Shawn Michaels..

All in all, I just don't think 'The Kendrick' is all that great of a strong finisher. When he does it, he's landing on his feet, with his opponent just "expected" to fall on their back.. how exactly is that supposed to look impactful?!

any move done by the Great Kahli because he is the worst wrestler in recent memory. Namely his vice grip or his tree slam or whatever they call his slam I just think even though they both fit his character that neither his finisher or beginner belong on smackdown heck he don't even belong on ecw

oh ya another one,that move done by festus,now don't get me wrong,i like festus hes a good power house wrestler,but that move where his crotch hits the opponent on the face,wtf is that?does he get a boner all of a sudden out of no where in the ring and just decides to smash it into the guys face wat the hell?

I'll go for one noone has said, it's not a bad move, but it's overused and not suited to the wrestler. Edge's Spear, I mean seriously, Batista uses it as a 2nd or even 3rd (Batista Bomb + Spinebuster) finishing move, and Batista is a good few lbs bigger than Edge, it makes no sense for such a top superstar to be using a move that another wrestler bigger than him can't finish people off with. Edge is of course one of the best wrestlers in WWE today, but he could do with a new finisher because the Spear does not look painful or stunning, especially from someone like Edge.

I agree with the snake when Goldberg used the spear it was believiable then even he followed it up with the jackhammer. So I believe the spear by edge and The great kahli's vice grip are the 2 worst finisher's on smackdown

Paydirt is an awesome finisher. I believe that a jumping STO will knock the FUCK out of someone if they hit their head hard enough on the mat. The OP had the only reasonable argument that Paydirt is a shitty finisher. "Stupid name, stupid finisher" doesn't really explain anything.

Anyway, I'd have to say the worst finisher on Smackdown is either Kozlov's headbutt or Samoan Spike. It worked at the world cup but when it comes to winning a match, and you can take a hit... you can easily kick out of it if you really want to win.

The Samoan Spike is just an ass finisher. Yes, getting Umaga's thumb to your throat sounds nasty, it just isn't something I'd like as a finisher. I'd rather take the Cyclone or Samoan Drop over the Samoan Spike... it's doesn't really look like it could guarantee a 3 count and Umaga could fuck up his thumb and someone's throat if he botches.

Edge's Spear = Weaksauce. A spear from anyone who weighs less than 250 is not convincing at all. I mean, I've seen him take down much bigger people (i.e. Kane) for a pinfall with that move. I don't understand why he does that over the Downward Spiral, Edgecution or even the Edgecator (for some reason WWE is down on submission moves right now).

Vladimir Kozlov's Headbutt - Come on. So much is made of this guy's fighting background, and he does display an impressive, diverse in-ring arsenal for a man his size. But he finishes someone off with a headbutt? That is seriously weak. People criticized the scoop slam into the reverse DDT, but I will take that over a headbutt any day of the week. This is 2008 - the days of SD Jones are long gone.

Umaga's Samoan Spike - No. Just a weak finisher. Either the spinning sidewalk slam (Catatonic-like move) or the running hip shot in the corner would be much preferred.

Lately, though, WWE is full of weak finishers. Ricky Ortiz's "Big O" splash off the ropes, Primo Colon's top rope cross-body, The Miz's neckbreaker, and too many similar-looking DDTs to mention. TNA is kicking their ass in the ring because they are so far ahead of them when it comes to the moves that are performed. While WWE wrestlers work a far more rigorous schedule than TNA wrestlers, I'm astonished at the frequency of injuries considering the very basic maneuvers we're beginning to see in WWE matches lately, complete with countless "rest holds".

Edge's Spear - When you had guys like Goldberg and Rhyno use the same move, they did it with much more impact. It makes Edge's spear look weak. Hell, even Batista uses the Spear as a finisher/regular move and it's a lot more convincing when he does it considering his massive size. Edge is a middle-weight guy. The Spear just isn't a convincing finisher for a guy his size. He was better using it as a signature move, not a finisher.

The Kendrick - It doesn't even look like a finisher. I don't see how it's supposed to be devastating when Kendrick lands on his feet. How does his opponent fall on his back and get knocked out for a 3 count after that? For a guy getting such a big push, his finisher certainly sucks. He was really impressive with his feet @ Unforgiven. Like Will said, a finisher utilizing his quickness with his legs would be perfect for him.

The Drive-By Kick: Love the name, love the move. It is, to quote JBL, not pretty but effective. As a side note, Gregory Helms used a modified shininh wizard as a finisher.

The worst is the head but. Koslov has never had a good finisher. Such a big man like himusing a reverse DDT looked awkward. But this headbut is less beleiveable than even the samoan spike. He needs a move so show of his strength, like a spinning side slam, or a rolled through bridging german (chaos theory suplex look it up). That would work alot better than a headbut.

I don't get why everyone's so damning about The Kendrick. I don't think it looks too bad. Looks a darn sight less fake than the Pedigree, which - let's be honest really - apart from Festus's ludicrous running leaping knee drop - is probably one of the worst out there today. Particularly when botched, which it frequently is. Watch the end of Trips' match against Shelton a few weeks ago, that will show you what I mean. Not only does it then look horribly fake, but the basic premise behind it makes no sense. Just drop to your knees to counter it, you plonker Khali! Why anybody buys this any more, no idea.

I don't get why everyone's so damning about The Kendrick. I don't think it looks too bad. Looks a darn sight less fake than the Pedigree, which - let's be honest really - apart from Festus's ludicrous running leaping knee drop - is probably one of the worst out there today. Particularly when botched, which it frequently is. Watch the end of Trips' match against Shelton a few weeks ago, that will show you what I mean. Not only does it then look horribly fake, but the basic premise behind it makes no sense. Just drop to your knees to counter it, you plonker Khali! Why anybody buys this any more, no idea.

Thank you, so many are against the kendrick, but they are probably the same people that think the peoples elbow and the worm were amazing moves. I also think the paydirt is amazing and those that are against the paydirt probably at the same time love the rko. But even though i love those moves i respect peoples opinions to hate them. (By the way completely agreed on the pedigree)

And reading this column has made me realize how many horrible finishers there are on smackdown. My vote goes to anything that is just a straight strike ex; a kick, punch, knee, headbutt that involves no hold, no ropes and is something else everybody else does in a match and gets no real result out of.

Worst finisher on SmackDown...I mentioned this before, but Kozlov's headbutt has got to go. It just doesn't look powerful at all, and guys have trouble selling it correctly. In fact, the only good headbutt sell I can remember was courtesy of one *released* Stevie Richards...nice move there WWE.

There are a couple of other ones as well...I hate MVP's Playmaker, although he hasn't used it as much lately...basically, I've never liked the Overdrive at all. And that stupid name...THAT is annoying.

And what do the Super Major Bros. have as a finisher again? They're so generic I can't tell their regular moves from their finisher moves...either way, it's bad if I can't even notice it or remember what the hell they use as a finisher again. Does "laying down" count as a finishing move? Yeah, I'm pretty pissed off still about them actually being the worst tag champs of all time.

Ah, and whoever it was that said the spear doesn't suit Edge, you're absolutely right. That move needs a really big guy to make it look good (though NOT Batista, who sucks at the spear, somehow). It's not the worst finisher on the roster, though, because it does have a nice come-out-of-nowhere heelish quality - but it can also be built up, with Edge waggling his fingers in the corner and that crazed look in his eyes.

The problem is, though, that Edge can't really go back to using the Edgecution (impaler DDT) a) because too many people have kicked out of that and b) because Hawkins and Ryder are using it as a team finisher (there's the answer to your question, Hardcore Kennedy). So what? He used to have a really nice inverted sharpshooter - the Edgecator - which it would be nice to see return, perhaps as part of a new Jokeresque pain-inflictor gimmick for Edge. What else? Any ideas?

(BTW, totally agree about Kozlov's headbutt. Lame isn't the word to describe it).

I agree with Code Red about Vladimir Kozlov's headbutt... That move is pretty damn weak. The reverse DDT Kozlov hit on Jeff Hardy on Smackdown! this past week is hopefully a sign he won't be using his super strong Russian head for a finisher each week.

Well since he’s been officially added to the Smackdown roster, I have to go with Primo Colon’s flying crossbody as the lamest finisher on Smackdown. The crossbody is one of the most basic, generic moves ever. We’ve seen a million times, so there’s nothing innovative or exciting about it. And Primo’s a small guy so it doesn’t look like it would hurt his opponent at all. Chavo’s a small guy too, but at least he manages to make the frogsplash look impactful. Primo’s used the crossbody as his finisher in his first two matches, and even got the win with it in his debut. I can’t remember the last time anyone, not even a diva, won a match off a crossbody.

there are some pretty bad finishers out there but i think id have to give it to koslov khali or mr.kennedy

kozlov: i mean the head butt only had one bright shot when he hit duce? i think it was and he got cut open becuase of it

khali: head vice pretty much the tipical big man move really boring to watch someone pass out to someone crushing ur head with ur hands of all things why not use ur feet? u weight 400 pounds right?

mr.kennedy: as it pains me to say it mr.kennedys new finisher the mic check is a pretty bad finisher it just looks wrong because hes a short guy i think he should be back to the green bay bomb off the top rope now that was a cool move but as u could say why should his move show up jeff hardy? cause it did

hey Chasingamy, Braden walker actually got a pin with a crossbody on Estrada a while back on ECW. Anyway, Edge's spear does suck, Edge use to have an awesome arsenal of moves but since he returned he lost everything but the spear.
MVP's drive-by kick is a nice signature move but definately not a finisher. Its a good thing he dropped the playmaker.

sometimes the pedigree sucks because you can clearly see that it didn't work at all and pay dirt sometimes does not work at all...if i had to chose a finisher that is really devastating, it has to be the tombstone piledriver coz if you look at it on what it does to the body, i don't think anyone could kick out after one

I Have to go with the Flying Crossbody. It was cool when Ricky Steamboat did it, but times have changed.

i have to disagree with the drive by kick. I think that move is sick. To me it looks more lethal the the sweet chin music.

Reactions: Tim
I am going to say that one of the worst finishing move is Jimmy Wang Yang's moonsault. Seriously, a guy landing on your shoulder would hurt them a lot more than it would huet the person receiving it.

I am also going to go with MVP's Overdrive. It takes too long, it looks easy to counter and it wouldn't put someone down for a three count, which is what a finsher is supposed to do. A finisher finishes people off, and it is supposed to look like it does that. These two moves do not do that.

I hate The Great Khali's Vice Grip. If you actually try it the way he does, it doesn't hurt at all. And barely anyone even tries to get out of it. Plus, he doesn't even make it look like he's squeezing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back