• Naked Enzo

• Emmalina Debuts.....We Promise

• Shane McMahon's Lock Box

• The Cabinet

• Cesaro and Sheamus' Excellent Adventure

• Roman Reigns vs. Rusev/Lana

• Anderson and Gallows Aren't Funny

Results are only viewable after voting.
Going with Cesaro and Sheamus. Simply because that "best of 7" series and that instead of clear winner we got this. Understand that both got nothing better to do, but its kinda huge letdown to go in that way.

Very appropriately at the bottom of that list is Anderson's and Gallows' failed audition for Mad TV. It overshadowed any of their accomplishments in the ring, and now their careers will be defined by extended bits where they pinch off the same stupid jokes over and over again.

Emmalina's vignettes aren't even hype videos. They're a glorified PowerPoint. And they've been running for months now. At least with these other choices a story progressed. There doesn't even appear to be a payoff either. Is it a joke? Will she be coming out in a bikini? Why even change her character to begin with? Nothing is explained. We're just getting her Instagram photos with the promise that she'll debut next week- scratch that. Soon. And it's a makeover no less. Because we can't get away from "look how pretty she is" in a time when women's wrestling is at its best. It's insulting, and the wait has gone on forever.

I still expect her to return goofy as hell and "throw" the fans off on an angle they never cared about to begin with.

Hm, I'm kind of surprised by the options here because none of them really seem that bad to me. Honestly, if these are the worst angles of 2016, than 2016 wasn't that bad of a year in terms of stupid storylines.

Yeah, Ellsworth was kind of weird, but he did get himself over with a large part of the fanbase. I wouldn't say he deserved his spot, and he definitely overstayed his welcome in the main event, but again, the fans didn't turn on him until really late into his run.

Rollins face turn was handled badly, but he's getting the reactions he's supposed to as a face as well. It isn't like his momentum died the moment he turned, which is better than a lot of others can say. Still, I don't begrudge anyone for voting for those two because as mentioned, there weren't that many really terrible angles this year and those are undoubtedly the most prominent on the list.

I'm going with the debacle that was Anderson/Gallows attempt at humor. Mostly because I was super hyped for these guys when they came in and now they're equivalent to a wet fart, largely because of how crappy they're angle with New Day was.

Ellsworth's angle with AJ and Dean was terrible because it overstayed it's welcome. It was, in fact, hilarious at first. The first match with AJ with Dean as the ref was one of the top moments of Smackdown Live, as it advanced the AJ/Dean program very well.

I have to go with Seth's face turn. The story was just all wrong. He spent weeks being upset that he isn't in HHH's favor anymore, while still trying to curry Stephanie McMahon's good graces. HHH's absence has made things worse.

Anderson and Gallows. They were talented and had potential, but WWE turned them into doctors who made jokes about Big E's balls.

I wish I just made that sentence up.

Ellsworth's angle with AJ and Dean was terrible because it overstayed it's welcome. It was, in fact, hilarious at first. The first match with AJ with Dean as the ref was one of the top moments of Smackdown Live, as it advanced the AJ/Dean program very well.

This is exactly the reason I voted for James Ellsworth. At first it was funny, but got very tiresome very quickly. Don't wish the guy any ill will, but glad to see it over and done with. He's a comedy jobber, who did what he was supposed to. So kudos for that, now piss off.

Rusev being a heel just for defending his wife was just awful no matter how many times it happened. I went with Naked Enzo because that angle was something straight out of WZCW.

Emmalina's vignettes aren't even hype videos. They're a glorified PowerPoint. And they've been running for months now. At least with these other choices a story progressed. There doesn't even appear to be a payoff either. Is it a joke? Will she be coming out in a bikini? Why even change her character to begin with? Nothing is explained. We're just getting her Instagram photos with the promise that she'll debut next week- scratch that. Soon. And it's a makeover no less. Because we can't get away from "look how pretty she is" in a time when women's wrestling is at its best. It's insulting, and the wait has gone on forever.

I still expect her to return goofy as hell and "throw" the fans off on an angle they never cared about to begin with.

It's like they have no idea what to do with her. When she hit the main roster she came out to ridiculous music and had a -I can't dance gimmick-, then they tried to make her cool and put sunglasses on her. Now (in less than a year) they're going with a Diva gimmick. Third times the charm?

Seth Rollins Face turn has been all kinds of awful. Still wondering what exactly makes him a babyface given his clear lack of regret for the bad things he did in becoming chum with the Authority. Hope HHH becomes a huge babyface this yr vs Scum Seth as he did last year with Reigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back