Worse ever WWE/F ppv main events

matty256

Pre-Show Stalwart
So this a thread discussing what you thought was the worse ever PPV main event and why. Mine is The Undertaker vs. Dudley Boys in a handicap match at The Great American Bash in 04. There was just no need for this to be the main event no one really gave a fuck if Paul Berra got buried under gravel or not. This ppv would have been just find ending with JBL defeating Eddie for the WWE title

Without question Diesel v. King Mable at Summerslam 95. Kinda funny this was the feature attraction at one of the big four ppvs. I don't consider Brock v. Holly that main event im pretty sure the main event at any royal rumble is the royal rumble.
Option two would be from survivor series 1991 when instead of having taker defeat hogan for the title in the main event it was 3rd and lasted 12 mins. The main event of the card a 3 on 3 survivor series match with
LOD and the Big Boss man v. Earthquake, Typhoon and Irwin R Schyster

Well if you want to talk about THE main event of PPVs and not just the other main events (most PPVs have 2 or 3 "main events), I would also say the Great American Bash in '04.

Also 8five, in 2006 the main event of the Royal Rumble was Kurt Angle vs. Mark Henry, where the show ended with Undertaker challenging Angle with lightning and thunder.

From recent times I would have to say Cena and Batista vs King Booker and Finlay at Armageddon 06? IMO, having both respective brand champions (current at the time and also multiple reigns under their belts) tagging together, against The Book and Finlay was a total mismatch. Booker was then only arguably only a recent legit main eventer, teaming with Finlay, against two of the biggest draws (arguably) at the time. This made the match totally predictable, not to mention the fact that WM was only months away, made this match not worthy of main event status.

This is the kind of match you would expect at RAW or SD, not at a PPV. Choosing not to defend both the WWE and WHC belts, instead teaming them together in a one sided match, also hurt this PPV.

From a pay per view stand point I'd say
The great American bash 2004, 2005, 2006
ECW December to dismember PPV from 2006 just awful, only two matches were announced tag match and elimination chamber

i would say wrestlemania 11 butterbean v bart gunn

Wasn't a main event at all. WM11 was "headlined" by Bam Bam Bigalow vs. Lawrence Taylor. I don't even remember what PPV it was but I might catch a little flack for this... but Benoit vs. Kane for the Title was a little out there for me. Personally, I'm just not a Kane fan. Never was and never will be. I just never saw Kane after removing his mask as any kind of threat, serious contender, or anything special at all. Lesnar/Holly was not good either. Hardcore Holly as WWE Champ? REALLY??? Nobody could have taken that seriously. However, with the time Holly put into the business and as hard of a worker as he was, I think he did deserve a one-off match on a big PPV. I really do. But I think we're all forgetting the granddaddy whopper of them all...which surprises me.

I'm still entertained by Diesel/King Mable maybe just because it was sooooo bad, that it was good and somewhat humorous. Lesnar/Holly wasn't even that bad of a match moreso as a just bad pairing and setup. Bam Bam and Taylor was pretty awful in my book but the match itself... not awful. The biggest whopper ever HAS TO BE.......

HHH/Orton WM25. I mean COME ONNNNNNNN. The best build-up to anything in recent memory... to have them hit their finishers in the first 2 minutes, then go through a punch and kick fest for another 20... to have HHH beat Orton "clean" with the sledgehammer he wasn't supposed to use??? Are. You. Kidding? That match wasn't even so bad it was entertaining... it was worse. Almost unwatchable. I would rather stick my dick in juicer machine before I have to watch that crap-fest ever again. Plus, I think this match carries more weight than the average Judgement Day 04 match (which was bad) since it was at Mania. You could have plucked anyone from the WWE roster. The biggest event of the year. Not a B-rated PPV where it was brand exclusive and the pickins for a main event are pretty slim anyways. It was truly a match to hopefully forget.

the worst match i ever seen at a ppv main event was the john cena vs jbl wm21 match wtf 12 minutes and it is over wow ecspecially when cena gets in the crowd and acts like he was hurt LMAO

The worst ppv main event I can think of is Unforgiven 2007, Undertaker vs Mark Henry.

The WWE thought that the undertaker returning was big enough to headline. Against Mark Henry?

And yes the other main events (Great Khali vs Batista vs Rey Mysterio and John Cena vs Randy Orton) weren't to good either, but still they shouldn't of put it as the main event

It was Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor at WrestleMania XI. This is hands down the worst. Here are the reasons that make it the worst. 1) It was a WrestleMania, the biggest show of the year. 2) It had Bam Bam Bigelow. 3) It had a football player wrestling. 4) It actually had the football player pin the wrestler.

And BTW, the Bart Gunn/Butterbean was at WrestleMania XV if my memory serves me, not XI like mentioned above.

Without a doubt the worst main event was at royal rumble 06 not ending with the royal rumble match but ending with kurt angle vs mark henry for the WHC

Unforgiven 2007 was scary bad Taker is fine but against Henry what a fucking joke that was. Taker even tryed to carry the man to a good match and still could not fix this shit fest.

HHH vs Randy was excellent build up. maybe the best in the last 3 years. but the match was worst WM match ever. the worst match in then last decade too. Raw really fucked this one up. and the Referee saying the time that was left really topped it all off as worst ever

Triple H vs Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels, Wrestlemania XX

Everyone says that's a "OMG TOTALLY AWESOME FIVE STAR CLASSIC MATCH" but I saw it... it's AVERAGE. AVERAGE at BEST. In my opinion, it's BELOW AVERAGE. Nothing about the match itself was remarkable. It mostly went like this:

Punch, kick, punch punch clothesline punch punch DDT punch clothesline punch punch MOONSAULT (Michaels), punch punch punch suplex FIFTY GERMAN SUPLEXES IN A ROW (Benoit), punch clothesline stomp stomp stomp punch stomp punch clothesline EIGHT PEDIGREE ATTEMPTS BY TRIPLE H, EIGHT SWEET CHIN MUSIC ATTEMPTS, EIGHT CRIPPLER CROSSFACE ATTEMPTS, DOUBLE SUPLEX THROUGH TABLE, punch kick punch CRIPPLER CROSSFACE FOR THE WIN.

It was booked like an average RAW main event, and considering the gigantic praise this match got, I consider it a colossal disappointment on a huge scale for how huge of a letdown it was.

The first match came to mind was Goldburg Vs Lesner could have been great but due to thier contracts. ( And lesner leaving for NFL tryout) The match was insulting

I'm going with The Rock VS Goldberg from Backlash 2003. This was just one giant clusterfuck of a match. Too many finshers too early, and both guys felt the need to over sell the hell out of injuries and each other's moves. It took The Rock like five minutes just to get up from a spear! This match was just plain sloppy, but for some reason when Goldberg won, the crowd erupted.

Triple H vs Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels, Wrestlemania XX

Everyone says that's a "OMG TOTALLY AWESOME FIVE STAR CLASSIC MATCH" but I saw it... it's AVERAGE. AVERAGE at BEST. In my opinion, it's BELOW AVERAGE. Nothing about the match itself was remarkable. It mostly went like this:

Punch, kick, punch punch clothesline punch punch DDT punch clothesline punch punch MOONSAULT (Michaels), punch punch punch suplex FIFTY GERMAN SUPLEXES IN A ROW (Benoit), punch clothesline stomp stomp stomp punch stomp punch clothesline EIGHT PEDIGREE ATTEMPTS BY TRIPLE H, EIGHT SWEET CHIN MUSIC ATTEMPTS, EIGHT CRIPPLER CROSSFACE ATTEMPTS, DOUBLE SUPLEX THROUGH TABLE, punch kick punch CRIPPLER CROSSFACE FOR THE WIN.

It was booked like an average RAW main event, and considering the gigantic praise this match got, I consider it a colossal disappointment on a huge scale for how huge of a letdown it was.

wow,really???you know what i hate.people who exaggerate to much...fifty germans?come on...eight pedigrees....8 sweet chin musics...8 crossfaces...is 8 your favorite number?i thought it was a classic bout.but staying on topic.i have to agree with dudleys vs taker at the 2004 great american bash.what a stupid idea for a match up.and any main even with mark henrey in it.hes just a boring ass wrestler all around

Just thought id throw my opinion out. I'm thinking I’m going to go with Royal Rumble 2004 Brock Lesnar Vs Hardcore Holly. I know there was the whole neck breaking thing as a reason for the main event. But I hated it, I wanted hardcore to win for some reason though.

Cyber Sunday 2006: Champion of Champion's Match & World Heavyweight Championship: Big Show(ECW) vs King Booker(SD) vs John Cena(RAW)

This was a boring, preditctable match. You already knew that Booker's title would be put on the line and that he would win and retain. If I recall this match correctly Big Show taken out of the match after he attempts to hit Cena with the stairs, trips and falls face fisrt into the stairs. And then having K-Fed come out and interfere by hitting Cena with a chiar to continue there stupid feud. Come on.

Honorable mention goes to King Booker & Finlay vs Batista & John Cena at Armegeddon 2006.

I still believe that the Sid Taker Main Event from WM 13 was a huge disapointment. There was a bear hug with in the first minute or two of the match, It was slow and boring. It did not help that it followed the Austin Hart classic.

It would be all of Wrestlemania 25 minus the Undertaker/Micheals match. HHH vs Orton was a joke. Big surprise Cena pins Big Show. Money in The Bank wasn't even as good as the previous 2 years. The Hardy's match even dissapointed. Miss Wrestlemania was a joke. They didn't even air The Colons vs. Miz and Morrison which I would have greatly preferred over Jericho vs. Legends which was only entertaining to see Steamboat work as well as he did. A close second was Big Show vs. Floyd "Money" Mayweather at Wrestlemania 24. I understand its all for fun, but not in a million years would Mayweather actually beat The Big Show. It was insulting

Personally I though the Six Man Hell In A Cell was a bit of joke and too many wrestlers with too much going on. Also DX vs McMahon Hell In A Cell at Unforgiven, completely killed a very good PPV.

IMO the triple thret match at wrestlemania 23 with Orton, Angle and Rey. If I remember right the match was very short, no longer than 10 mins! Wrestlemania main events should be atleast 15 mins (Great example was wrestlemania 24 orton, hhh and cena, much better match and got everyone on there feet with excitement!)

P.S hello! This is my first post here, I look forward to talking to all of you.

If it were a REAL fight Big Slow would get beat by EVERYBODY. Money Mayweather would destroy him in about 30 seconds. However, this is the WWE where the "celebrity" always wins. So you should not be surprised in the least.

While we're on the topic. Real fighting would mean Cena would get whooped by ANY MMA fighter.

ok ill give you a few that I considered in 10 mins as worst main events.

WM 11- Bigelow vs LT- any time a football player is in main event the writers should be tested for Acid.

WM 25- HHH/Orton- 12 minute dead pan match

December to Dismember- you have to be kidding me Vince, 4 small weapons make it "extreme", "extremely mediocre" maybe.

and one I dont think has been brought up yet. Batista vs. JBL Great American Bash 2005- nearly 20 mins with a dirty finish. talk about a waste of time

HHH vs Orton WM25 was BAD compared to the build-up. The torchbearer and face of the company(HHH) laid a huge egg with a slow paced, boring, mediocre, lacksidasical match. Whoever designed the match must have been crazy. Finishers in the first 2 minutes?! That was the main event to the biggest hyped Wrestlemania ever and it completely bombed. Its no coincidene HHH is taking time off now. Theres been some other bad matches, but on a stage and setting like that, there should not be any room for horrible performances like that one. I paid $54.99 to see ONE match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back