What show's Main Events are better?

• Raw

• Smackdown

• Neither... both suck

• Both are equally as good.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guppee

Marking out for no reason...
I don't know about other people, but tv main events have been disappointing the past couple of months, for Raw at least. Let's take a look:

Raw TV Main Events:
Kenny vs. Triple H
Handicap Match - Spirit Squad vs. Shawn Michaels (NC)
Kenny vs. Shawn Michaels (NC)
Handicap Match - Spirit Squad vs. John Cena & Shawn Michaels
WWE Championship - John Cena vs. Kenny
Handicap Match - John Cena, Edge, & Triple H vs. Spirit Squad (NC)
Handicap Match - Edge & John Cena vs. Triple H
Handicap Match - John Cena & Triple H vs. Edge
Handicap Match - Triple H & Edge vs. John Cena
John Cena vs. Vince McMahon (DQ)
Handicap Match - Shane McMahon & Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels (NC)

Smackdown TV Main Events:

World Heavywweight Championship - Rey Mysterio vs. JBL
Rey Mysterio vs. Kane (NC)
Rey Mysterio vs. The Great Khali
Rey Mysterio vs. Mark Henry
World Heavyweight Championship - Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle (NC)
King Of The Ring - Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton
World Heavyweight Championship - Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton
Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio
Mark Henry vs. Kurt Angle
Kurt Angle, Randy Orton, & Rey Mysterio vs. MNM & Mark Henry
Kurt Angle & Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton & Mark Henry (NC)

Most of Raw's were Handicap matches or no contests. Plus, they start the match at like 11:00. Smackdown's match starts no later than 9:45. One more thing, Smackdown's main events actually have good matches & winners. Raw's are just a few moves to further a storyline. Raw needs to expand their matches to at least 15 minutes. What do you think?

I liked RAWs mainevents, even thoe they wrestle small matches that last between 5 - 10 min to finish they all brought up the current mainevent fued or main storyline and were very fast with lots of action

I prefer the Raw main events, especially recently with Rey vs someone who could eat him in two bites. Mind, i'm not too keen on the Spirit Squad being in the Raw Main event all the time either. I've wondered though, why do the WWE say a match is a No COntest when it should class as DQ?

the raw main events were more interesting, but the smackdown matches seemed a lot better match wise

RAW uses too many Handicap matches. Atleast you get the occassional good main event from SD. RAW only ever uses their main events for storyline purposes. I'm gonna actually vote SD.

Yea..i think Raw has the better Mainevents simply put..they have the better stars...

I voted for SmackDown! because, in my opinion, they have the better superstars and matches. I am not being biased here (my favourite show is SmackDown!). I just think that SmackDown! has had the best main events.

I voted smackdown b/c Raw has almost the same thing happen every week! #1 they are all like handicap matches, #2 wtf is spirit squad doing in the main events? c'mon, really? With all of the tallent on Raw, Spirit squad shouldn't be main eventers. What about Edge, Big Show, Cena, Kane, Triple H, Shawn Michaels fighting with eachother. Plus, Raw doesn't have WWE title matches... only at ppv's. So when Randy Orton, Batista, Mr. Kennedy and all the rest of the SD stars come back, Smackdown should be sooooo much better! To sum it up, Raw uses its stars wrong, Smackdown makes better main events, and I enjoy both shows and can't wait to see what might happen next!

Booyaka619 said:
I voted for SmackDown! because, in my opinion, they have the better superstars and matches. I am not being biased here (my favourite show is SmackDown!). I just think that SmackDown! has had the best main events.

I like Smackdown more than raw too, but I don't know if they have better superstars. Look at the main event type superstars on both shows.

Raw

John Cena
HHH
HBK
Edge
Kane
Big Show

Smackdown(with Orton suspended, JBL gone, and Angle in ECW)

Rey Mysterio
Batista
Undertaker
Mark Henry
Great Kahli
Lashley
Booker T

What do you think?

Booyaka619 said:

I don't think smackdown has better stars, i just think they have a lot better main-events. raw just has handicap or tag matches, but smackdown is usually a good singles match. Like tonight the kurt angle vs Rey should be great, if that is the main event

I'm just saying what good is talent if it isn't used correctly? SmackDown! uses it's talent better than RAW so SmackDown! has my support.

Smackdown tends to have younger and more athletic wrestlers where Raw tends to have older wrestlers with bigger bodies (...and bigger names). It is my theory that the matches on Smackdown tend to be longer because of this. You may also notice that Raw gets a bit more into storylines where Smackdown gets a bit more into in-ring matches. I realize of course there are exceptions to this rule, but it just seems to me that the better workers are on Smackdown while the bigger names are on Raw.

Not to mention that the Raw mainevents are going to stink because their champion isn't really even capable of having a main-event style match, which is why his matches tend to be the one's in the slot around half-way through Raw here lately. Hope I don't piss off too many of you Cena fans out there, but seriously... his matches all blow. He comes in and does his little gimmick, gets beat up for a while, and ...oh no... from outta no where the F-U. I will give him the fact that at least he has added the STF-U to his move list, but he doesn't use anything close to a submission style at any other time so it is a bit wierd when he is all of a sudden making people tap out.

they really dont,

we can look at the past...the rock gets his ass kicked, oh rock bottom..

stone cold gets beat up...oh snap..stunner..he is a brawler like austin...his whole swagger is austin esqe...his character carries him..his matches odnt blow...mark henrys matches blow..undertakers matches blow...

ah and lets not forget the lamest wreslter ever...Hulk Hogan..this man seriously sucks..any era u name it..soooo limited..was more limited than Tha Champ Johnny Cena

JKO said:
ah and lets not forget the lamest wreslter ever...Hulk Hogan..this man seriously sucks..any era u name it..soooo limited..was more limited than Tha Champ Johnny Cena

I would equate Cena to Hogan in many aspects. Only thing is, Hogan was better on the mic, and I know many of you worship Cena's mic skills though. The whole freestyle thing is cool sometimes. Other times, its just stupid. Now, if you want to start comparing Cena to Stone Cold, you are a bit off. Austin's matches all told really good stories. I rarely see a Cena match that has much to it. ...and Austin was probably the best ever on the mic, miles beyond anything Cena can do. ...and yes, many matches involve comebacks at the end where the wrestler comes out of nowhere to perform a finisher, but Cena rarely ever does anything else in the match but throw some punches and then his finish. The guys you are trying to compare him to (besides Hogan) did far more in the course of the match.

I will give the kid some credit. He has loads of potential. I just don't think that he has developed his skills to the point that he should be at to carry the strap. Someone in Connecticut must agree, why else would they be keeping him out of all of the main event matches on TV?

...and BTW...the stupid-@__ "spinner" belt has got to go!

I'm gonna go with SD, I don't normally like anything SD has, but their main events always top RAW's. Raw's main event will, on average, only last about 10 minutes. SD's will last somewhere from 15 to 20. And usually are better athletes (not cheerleaders) in the main event.

i think raws mainevents are beter then smackdown because i think that the supertsars on raw are beter then the ones on smackdown and raw is more entertaining to watch

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back