World's Collide: Mortal Kombat vs. DC

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
KombatDC.jpg

Man where the hell have I been. So far, only Sub Zero, Scorpion, Batman and Superman are confirmed for this thing, but the roster is supposed to have around 22 characters over all.

Should be interesting. For starters, it will be the first non M rated Mortal Kombat game, so can this series survive without the trademark Fatalities and brutality? I say yes. This crossover should create enough buzz to forget anything like that. The trailer doesn't have much, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. I'm a huge MK fan, and love the fighting style, so hopefully this turns out okay.

I'll buy it. Only because I'm a sucker for Batman. But It's hard to get excited about a Mortal Kombat game. I admit I haven't really played on any since the first came out. But I've seen people play, and it looks pretty much the same. With a game like that, I don't see how they can change, and improve. Not significantly anyway.

The Flash and... possibly someone from the MK side of things have been revealed. I actually have cautiously high hopes for this game. With the emphasis away from the brutality and gore - although there will still be blood and, apparently, effects of damage on character models - we could finally get something above the standard beat-'em-up gameplay mechanics of recent Mortal Kombats, which have done little to impress.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW

I guess what happend to this game (concerning the T rating).
Is that if you have 2 DC characters fighting each other, the game is rated TEEN, but if you have a MK character in the mix regardless of who the other person is, it's going to be rated M.

The reason for this is, is that DC characters have a brutalites instead of fatalites. which basicly just means they beat the hell out of there opponent instead of killing them.

That's not a direct qoute, but according to what I've read from the creators, that's how it's going to work.

I have no idea how it's going to work like that, I guess if you have content filtering on on your system, you will only have access to certain characters and stages.

I had very high hopes for this until i just read that Lex Luthor will be one of the characters. I assume he'll be wearing his Battle Suit and not just his businiess attire because that would just be ******ed. WTF is his fatality going to be? Couldn't they have replaced him with Doomsday? And isn't Deathstroke a bit of a bizarre choice over someone like Cyborg Superman or Mongul?

I'll still buy it. Just to find out what the Joker's fatality will be. If it's not acid in the face or a lethal injection of Joker venom, i'll be disappointed.

There's a trailer for it on the iMPACT game. It looks like your basic beat 'em up. Nothing special. If you like Mortal Kombat you'll like it. If you're a comic geek you'll buy it. I can't imagine it's going to be some amazing game. It's probably got exactly the same gameplay as all the other MK games. But as I've never played any I'll give this a whirl. Only for the DC characters, I'll even be buying Batman Lego.

Like Jake said, this looks like just another run of the mill Mortal Kombat game, only with different characters being added. This is a game I'd buy for maybe $20, not for $60. Fighting games are fun, but only if you have someone to play with, and I don't mean the teenage nerds who play 24/7 online. Even then, it gets boring after a while.

I might give it a rent, but I doubt it gets more than that for me.

I was very stoked about this game. I felt I would be able to solve that age old question: who would win Batman or Johnny Cage. But there was just one problem.....JOHNNY CAGE ISN'T ON THE GAME. Seriously people whats the problem, one of the most popular characters in the MK series is left out of the game. At this point my hype for the game left. I am not only interested in the game not excited. Way to drop the ball MK.

Sorry guys. I just can't get excited about this game. I've been a fan since MK1, but since this one won't be getting a mature rating, and the fact that MK characters are fighting DC heros/villians, only inspires me to past this one up.

Ok the game is released today, I played it yesterday (perks of the job) and I must say, I enjoyed it. It was only a brief 15 minute play, but that's all you need to see about a MK game.

First criticism I heard was about the price; well it's £28in Currys as opposed to the £39.99 I was expecting.

Second was about the rating; the Game rating is as follows;
BBFC: 15+
ESRB: T
PEGI: 16+

And for those who were worried, there's plenty of blood and gore.

Third was about gameplay; To me it seems to have gone back to the original MK's in that it's really simple, and very combo heavy. The problem is a lack of unlockable characters. Review wise it seems to be an average of 7.5/8 out of 10, which is what you expect from a fighting game.

Fourth was about the roster, apparently the roster was done with a mix of popularity and comparisons to DC/MK, hence why there's no Jonny Cage.

I won't go anymore as I've only played it for 15 minutes and so as a full game I can't comment.

If you want a more violent version of this game, you have to buy the UK version, since the rating there is 16+ as opposed to our T rating (which is 13+) It looks the same as the US version, they just show a little bit more blood and gore.

It is still not as gory as other Mortal Kombat games through, so don't expect it to be a whole lot more gory'er then the us version.

From what i understand the only real difference from the Euro version and the American is that the Jokers fatality is not edited. Over here when he caps you in the head with a bullet you don't see it. You only see Joker shooting the gun when the person walks off screen. In the Euro version you actually see the person get hit in the head with the bullet. Minor difference. It bothers me but if your In the US you should just get the US version cause of the DLC that's gonna come out. According to Boon he is gonna release DLC till the next MK game. Meaning there will be alot of downloads from here till then.

On a side not i agree with sly on how 60 is to much for this game. The story mode is short but very good. Online is bullshit just like in any other fighting game(except street fighter hd turbo 2) cause of people playing cheaply. So yea basically unless you have someone to play with then this is probably only worth a rental.

The game is asolutely amazing. While I am a huge fan and epected an M rating, the game itself made up for it with the interesting story and overall fun.

I like the fatality concept, in giving the DC side Heroc Brutalities to maintain the fact that they cannot kill.

I just got the game for $15, brand new, at a Sears Outlet around my way. Awesome game for MK and DC fans. The Story mode is very entertaining. I like how they incorporated MK and DC together. It’s a lot better than the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Story. I’m about to start the Arcade mode soon.

This should be a lot of fun. I am looking forward to see how the Mortal Kombat series continues throughout this game. As has been said, Mortal Kombat is a wholly different game from anything that DC has lent it's characters to before. So I am really hoping that this game is not all about buzz. In fact, I am, sure that the game will be a decent game on it's own without being branded as a cheap cross-over game.

However, I really hope that this game has some edgier moments to it. It is the reason that I fell in love with the game series of Mortal Kombat and my only hope is that it keeps some of the content. Naturally, you are not going to see Sub-Zero rip out Superman's skeleton but I would like to see something edgy.

EDIT: What the fuck!? How did I miss this game? It is likely because I really fell out of love with gaming for a while and never really got any games for a long time. I never had any urge to play the games that were released and I had become distant from the industry. To make up for being a dumbass here, I promise myself that I will go out and get the game in the near future.

This should be a lot of fun. I am looking forward to see how the Mortal Kombat series continues throughout this game. As has been said, Mortal Kombat is a wholly different game from anything that DC has lent it's characters to before. So I am really hoping that this game is not all about buzz. In fact, I am, sure that the game will be a decent game on it's own without being branded as a cheap cross-over game.

However, I really hope that this game has some edgier moments to it. It is the reason that I fell in love with the game series of Mortal Kombat and my only hope is that it keeps some of the content. Naturally, you are not going to see Sub-Zero rip out Superman's skeleton but I would like to see something edgy.

This would all make sense if the game hadn't been out for about a year :p

As a die-hard MK fan, this saddened me a bit. Armageddon left a ton of room for them to go forward, and they dropped the ball. I know Boon and Tobias both left Midway and they were up in the air with how to continue the series, but this was a kick in the nuts for me.

I haven't played it yet, mostly because I'm afraid of being disappointed by it. I'm sure it would be fun to do matches like Batman v. Scorpion, but after doing each a handful of times, it would get stale. I don't see the longevity of the game at all.

It's okay, I've had it. The story is actually well written, But sometimes people pop up in the weirdest places. Overall though it's what MK always delivers, A good solid fighting with a good story.

NSL i'll warn you now, If you get this game don't play it thinking it will follow on from Armageddon. It's just a fantasy game, MK story wise lol.

It's pretty cool kicking lumps out of batman with reptile, And pitting what would be allies against each other in the DC world.

NSL i'll warn you now, If you get this game don't play it thinking it will follow on from Armageddon. It's just a fantasy game, MK story wise lol.

I know it doesn't follow story-wise, and that's why it upset me so much. Armageddon left them with literally 64 possible paths to follow for the next game. They didn't do anything. This was a chance to further profit from TDK, and they didn't even use the Joker from there.

It looked cartoon-y, and that just didn't seem right for the MK universe. Check out the MK 9 thread for my views on the next MK game in story...

Well at least we know they've taken their time on MK9, But i get you. Every ending in MK: Armageddon had me licking my lips in anticipation, You literally have a million different ways to take the universe. So it was definetly a disappointment when I heard this was coming before MK9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back