• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

World Champion Material?

Madico_Fs

Australian Heavyweight Champion
I have just been on Youtube and wwe.com checking out some awesome videos, thats when it got me thinking, Triple H, Cena, Taker, Edge and Orton like Main event guys that always go for the title aren't going to be around for that much longer (cena/orton maybe), who is going to take the mantel of a World Champion one day?

Out of the Following Stars pick a top 5 who will more than likely win a world title and a top 5 that wont be a world champion in wwe? and answer why it is that you feel that way?

R-Truth
David Hart Smith
Evan Bourne
Goldust
Ted Dibasie Jr
The Miz
Zack Ryder
Curt Hawkins
Chris Masters
Cody Rhodes
Dolf Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Finlay
JTG
Kofi Kingston
Shad
Vance Archer

*Note None of these have been world champions in wwe, Christian, Matt Hardy and John Morrison where not added due the ECW World Championship

Ted Dibasie Jr - I'm loving this guy right now. Given a few years, he could definitely be world champion.

The Miz- He's Awesome. Epic on the mic, ring work might need slight development, he's not ready just yet.

Christian - He's ready for a reign right now in my opinion. Hard working, and over with the crowd.

Drew McIntyre- He is the Chosen One. Rumoured he was meant to be getting the push that Swagger has got right now, so surely it can't be too long.

Kofi Kingston-Most likely on the list, but this was more the process of elimination.

Unfortunately I can not select a Top 5 out of your list, because there is not five names from that list that will ever (in my opinion) become a future Heavyweight Champion.

I will point out that you disincluded Morrison for his ECW Championship run, yet included Christian? Christian was an ECW Champion as well. And on that note, Matt Hardy was disincluded - yet never was an ECW Champion. You should do your history a little better.

Anywho.. to try and help salvage anything from this thread, the following are in my opinion the best options to become future Heavyweight Champions.

1. Drew McIntyre: Without question he should rank #1 in everyone's list for the next potential breakout star, and Heavyweight Champion. Not just from your list, but in general. He has a great look, he's good in the ring, sounds amazing on the mic, and has the ability to get heat from the crowd.

His Scottish background also works in his favor, because (like Sheamus) he can make history by becoming a Heavyweight Champion. Due to this, I'm sure the WWE will try and market that to a degree. Especially if it ever revolves around future trips to Scotland.

McIntyre's finishing move is also nothing more than a DDT, but at the same time the reason I feel this is great is because he's bringing back a bit of old school feel with it. He's making people realize what has been too long forgotten. And thats non-flashy moves can still be considered awesome finishers.

2. Ted DiBiase Jr.: While his Heavyweight title run may not happen for another couple of years, depending on how long they allow him to run with his Father's original gimmick - I believe DiBiase can become a World Champion, unlike his Father, but in similar ways. By buying his way to the championship.

Now then, at least one guy that WILL NOT be winning the Championship anytime soon - or in my opinion, ever.. is the one many likely don't see coming.

1. Kofi Kingston: He's bland. He has NO character ever since losing the Jamaican gimmick. He's basically a black Evan Bourne, with even LESS charisma. He has a couple flashy moves that'll win over any brain dead viewer, but beyond that he's truly nothing.

Don't misunderstand me. I don't have hatred. I loved Kingston upon his debut. I felt he was truly great, and did something Carlito was unable to do with a similar gimmick. More or less, GET OVER. However, when they ran in the new direction of pulling the gimmick in favor of a more real life background.. they drained Kingston of any "worth".

Well, I think a majority of those don't have the talent to become World Champion (which is a little depressing when you think about it!)

Of the guys yet to win a world title in the company - here's are the few I think will in the future:

Christian -A world champion in the making. Really good Wrestler, and cuts a great promo, huge history in the company.

MVP -One of the few in the company with a really good gimmick. Needs to go heel - but there's plenty of oppertunity once he does.

Drew McIntyre -As has been said - "the chosen one". Should be in Jack Swagger's spot already, but it would appear that it's just delaying the inevitable.

A few others:

Kofi Kingston - really over, and on the Smackdown brand (which is likely to produce the next break through champion given how packed Raw is).

Ted DiBiase Jr
- Is building towards being a huge main event star, and will be there one day. But I think they're going to give him time - build the "Million Dollar Man" Character.

NXT - Barratt, Otunga and Bryan - all three that, with the right push, are future world champions.

1st of all, it would have been easier to post a poll...

anyway back to the topic...

1. David Hart Smith - He's really big and I see him becoming the Bret Hart of the Hart Dynasty

2. Miz - He is definately getting that push, had a long reign as US champion and will be world champion in the coming years.

3. Ted Dibiase Jr. - Another guy who has a lot...i think he is faar better in the ring that his father...and unlike his father will get the same push as Miz and be a contender for the world title in the coming years.

4. Cody Rhodes - He's young, IMO is great in the ring...he is smaller than a lot of wrestlers, but as long as his surname is Rhodes, i see him challenging for the world title..

5. Drew McIntyre - Well, Vince's chosen one...He also had that same Interconintal title run, not as succesful but TBH they both didn't defend it much...he is fallen out of favour recently...but a big push which would have gotten him a world title right now...i see him still being at the top..besides he's young aswell..

And i can't believe you've put Finlay in there, he about the oldest one...

I'm a little suprised you put Goldust and Finlay on that list? Both of those guys are over 40!

Shad and JTG I just cant see going anywhere apart from one another. If Kofi and/or R-Truth can keep it up I can see them getting a shot. The WWE likes to promote minorities so they'll eventually be lookign to promote one up to the main event. Kofi flirted with the Main Event a few times and succeeded IMO, so I think he definately has a shot if the WWE deems him worthy.

I couldn't pick 5 of your life, i could only pick 3, but everyone seems to be picking Christian anyway so im just going to pick some that have been ECW champ (although i dont think that the ECW championship really counts for anything. Anyway, here goes:

1. The Miz: Although he has been a bit down at the moment, i think thats just cause they are building a feud with Bryan, or Danielson, or whatever they are going to call him. I still think he will be a world champ soonish, he has the required skills for it, just have to get him in the right feud.

2. Drew McIntyre: The chosen one, when Vince first introduced him he said he would be a future world champ...i think thats a pretty good indication that he will be. Look out for him at the MITB ppv.

3. Ted Dibiase Jr: Im liking what they are doing with him at the moment, building up his Million dollar thing, i think if they keep building his character, maybe get his supposed "fortunate sons" stable going, then we could see big things, and world titles for him.

4. Christian: Out of anyone in the WWE right now, he is probably the one that deserves it the most, he has done his time, and then some. He puts people over, he is great in ring, he is great on the mic. All we need now is for Vince to get over his hatred for him and he should be a world champ.

5. John Morrison: He is great in the ring, he might need some work on the mic, but i still think that in the near future he will be in the world title hunt for sure. I think if he wasnt injured it would have been him winning the US title, not r truth, which may have been the push that he needed for people to start talking about him again. But so long as he can stay injury free for a bit, keep building his character and getting more over with the crowd he will get there.

Thats my 5. On a side not. Kofi Kingston will never win it. Mid carder, and jobber for life. That is all.

I will point out that you disincluded Morrison for his ECW Championship run, yet included Christian? Christian was an ECW Champion as well. And on that note, Matt Hardy was disincluded - yet never was an ECW Champion. You should do your history a little better.

He did EXclude Christian, the next poster introduced him to the list. And Matt Hardy won the ECW title off the scramble match. You should do your reading a little better.

To stay on topic, the only guys out of that bunch i see as world champions, are Ted Jr. and possibly Drew McIntyre. But, due to recent reports of McIntyre being a handful backstage, i'm thinking he may have overstayed his welcome. If McMahon legit marked for this kid, then he'll be okay. But if He really has that many people giving him grief, i can't see him getting far. Especially if he crosses someone like Haitch.

Ted Jr. has the look, and the presence. He needs some fine tuning, but i think he'll definitely be there.

the only 2 names on this list i would go with is the Miz and Ted Dibiase Jr, they are both very exciting to watch, i think they have great gimmicks, great mic skills and can antagonize almost anyone, the rest of the guys on this list are mid carders and jobbers.

I have just been on Youtube and wwe.com checking out some awesome videos, thats when it got me thinking, Triple H, Cena, Taker, Edge and Orton like Main event guys that always go for the title aren't going to be around for that much longer (cena/orton maybe), who is going to take the mantel of a World Champion one day?

Out of the Following Stars pick a top 5 who will more than likely win a world title and a top 5 that wont be a world champion in wwe? and answer why it is that you feel that way?

R-Truth
David Hart Smith
Evan Bourne
Goldust
Ted Dibasie Jr
The Miz
Zack Ryder
Curt Hawkins
Chris Masters
Cody Rhodes
Dolf Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Finlay
JTG
Kofi Kingston
Shad
Vance Archer

*Note None of these have been world champions in wwe, Christian, Matt Hardy and John Morrison where not added due the ECW World Championship

Future Champs:

1. Drew McIntyre because, if for nothing else, Mr. McMahon is really high on him.

2. Ted DiBiase Jr. because he's already been around the scene and what was the point of giving him the rub from Orton and the DX fued?

3. The Miz because he's...you get the point.

4. David Hart Smith because he's big, as Mr. McMahon likes, and he can wrestle, if he can figure out a way to get over alone then he's money.

5. Shad Gaspar because of everything I just said about DH Smith without the being able to wrestle part.

Future Chumps(just kidding):

1. Finlay because he's really just a mechanic for up and comers but the man does deserve some recognition for all he's done, hopefully he'll get a HOF bid:worship:.

2. Goldust, see Finlay.

3. Evan Bourne because, despite his talent, he's not a heavyweight, it was bad enough that they pulled that with Rey Mysterio a few years back. If they bring back the Cruiserweight title then it's all good.

4. Cody Rhodes can't really say why, just don't really see it.

5. Vance Archer because he has a tattoo on his lower back, :wtf:

The rest of the guys are on a sink or swim basis as far as I can see despite some of them having titles as of now(Kofi and R-Truth).

R-truth- Hes the #3 face on RAW
Drew McIntyre- obvious
The Miz- he's a good wrestler and good on the mic, plus he can get heat easily
Dolf ziggler- right now, it looks like he's going to become vickie's lover and get special treatment.
Ted dibiase jr.- hes a second generation superstar, he can wrestle, and hes using his fathers gimmick
Cody Rhodes- not for a few years, because hes still on superstars, but hes as well is a second generation superstar if he can get a good push he can do it.

mcintyre- hes got the overall makings of a great heel champ & is slowly showing the in ring skill to back up a title run against some of the top guys.

d.h. smith- he is very over w\ the guys in the back & obciously has family history w\ the wwe. got the size\skill, in a few years will have the a great opportunity for a whc.

rtruth- ive never been a fan of this guy but he is over w\ the crowd and is getting a push now so its 50\50.

ziggler- ya hes going to get a shot eventually, great in the ring and he gets great heat w\ the crowd.

dibiase jr- definately whc material. no explination needed.

-------------------

no way for goldust\finlay

miz probably at some point

vance is a monster when they let him go, but has been trashed in tna\wwe. come back to pcw buddy. they need the shadow.

kofi\bourne will get a shot but not win

masters\ryder\hawkins- no way, should just go home.

I really don't see how anyone can count winning the ECW title as having had a World Title reign. ECWWE was a friggin' joke. That being said, here's my top 5.

5. Christian-One of WWE's most talented superstars. Great wrestler, Awesome mic skills, and he's enormously popular. People love him. He's paid his do's and he deserves a World Title reign. Make it happen Vince.

4. John Morrison- Although he's not great on the mic he's good enough. His look is great, his in-ring ability is better than some of WWE"s current main-eventers(John Cena) and he's got that aura of champion.

3. The Miz- I have to admit, when they split Miz/Morrison up last year I thought Morrison would become a huge star and Miz would simply flounder in the mid-card for the rest of his career. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. In fact, the exact opposite has happened. The Miz is actually the bigger star right now. I think they are both future champions, but I give the slight edge to Miz for his ability to stir up the crowd. His mic skills are among the elite in WWE and he seems to be getting better and better.

2. Drew McIntyre- Superstardom is there for the taking for McIntyre. "Vince's Chosen One" has it all. Great look, good mic skills, Great theme song, and most importantly; The boss' blessing. We all saw what that did for HHH. Here's hoping he realizes his potential, because the sky's the limit for Drew.

1. Ted Dibiase- WWE's next big thing in my opinion. He is going to be a World Champion very soon. Dibiase has been around the business his whole life and he looks primed to become a prime-time player. He has his fathers swagger and perhaps a better look. He has the pedigree. I think he'll be better than his father.

1. The Miz because he is good on the mic and he is an all right wrestlers

2. Drew McIntyre because well McMahon likes him.

3. Dolph Ziggler because well he is a perfect guy (got the looks, abillty and mic skills)

4. Ted DiBiase Jr well because he is has been given a rub of Orton and DX and many people don't get that

5. Cody Rhodes see Ted DiBiase

May-be

1. Shad well he kind of makes me think of Randy Orton in his younger years (don't know why)

2. Evan Bourne did you watch Raw (well he got in a fight with Edge and team with Cena to beat 2 main eventers Edge and Sheamus now that is championship power)

3. Zack Ryder did not go back to FCW when his team with Hawkins spilt so WWE see something in him

I completely agree with Will, there's not 5 people on that list that really has anything going for them that would make me consider them a future world champion, a lot of them aren't getting further than the mid-card, a guy like Golddust for example is never gonna become a world champion because he would've graced the main event picture by now if he had ever been considered worthy of a world championship, the same really goes for Finlay.

On that list there's only really 4 people I ever see gracing the world championship.

The Miz: He may very well be getting a world championship at one point, he may very well not, I think there's a chance he will, but there's definitely also a chance he will be wandering around the mid-card doing tag team and singles competition wrestling, at least for the next many months, perhaps years.

Ted DiBiase Jr.: I think he has the potential of becoming a great world champion, just like Miz, he won't be getting there for the next half year's time or for 1-2 years or anything, he's gonna establish himself firmly in the mid-card before even getting into the main event picture, like Chris Jericho and Edge most likely.

Kofi Kingston: He's really a blind one on me, because I could very well see him sticking to the mid-card as well, because he seemed to be shooting to the stars in WWE when he feuded with Randy Orton, but it died out completely, and he's now back to holding a mid-card championship, but I could see him winning a world championship, but I don't see him becoming a multiple times world champion, 3 times maximum.

Drew McIntyre: he'll definitely become a world champion at one point, he had the backing of Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels and Triple H, he just needs to prove himself before getting anything, due to the backstage problems with him getting pushed like he was all of a sudden, and would've actually become a world champion had it not been for that very thing.

I'm going to have to go with only four guys here. I tried to pick a fifth, but there wasn't a single guy I could see as world champion that I hadn't already selected. Ziggler is close, but I'm still not sure yet. Anways, on to my picks:

Drew McIntyre: the guy has champion written all over him. His look, his entrance, his demeanor, the guy is just legit all around and has been an above-average heel thus far. As long as he can stay on the good side of creative and the superstars, there's no telling where this guy can go.

The Miz: he reminds me more and more of a young Chris Jericho, and his route to the world title (if he wins one) will probably be similar. He's already held the tag belts and the US belt at the same time, so creative must have a lot of faith in him. He'll probably have to toil for years in the upper-mid card before getting that one big win, but the guy is so incredibly over that he wouldn't look too out of place with a world title; and that's something I thought I'd never say.

R-Truth: mock me if you will, but I've always felt that Truth could be a legitimate world champion if booked properly. He's one of the most over faces in the entire company, and is entertaining in the ring and on the mic. The only thing holding him back is his character; it needs some more depth to it. Flesh him out more, and he could be a legit main eventer, mark my words.

Ted Dibiase: though it won't be for quite a long time, I could see Ted holding one of the big belts one day. He's got a presence about him; a championship swagger, if you will. If he continues to build up his "fortunate son" gimmick, I could see him making a serious run for the belt. Maybe he'll even buy it.

R-Truth
David Hart Smith
Evan Bourne
Goldust
Ted Dibasie Jr
The Miz:>
Zack Ryder
Curt Hawkins
Chris Masters
Cody Rhodes
Dolf Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Finlay
JTG
Kofi Kingston
Shad
Vance Archer

So...HHH, Taker, Edge, Orton, Cena aren't going to be around much longer, but your possible "future" guys include old-timers like Golddust and Finlay? Christian and Hardy are older than Cena and Orton, so it's a good thing they didn't make your list...

Ted DiBiase: He is the next big heel in the company. He might night win a Worlds title for a couple more years, but he will, guaranteed. He has it all. The look, the in-ring ability (not great in there, but above average), the character, and he's the son of the Million Dollar Man (and that does help). I think he needs to bang around in the mid-card for a while, but he'll be ready for the big time sooner as opposed to later.

The Miz: I'm only going with this guy because it seems as though the WWE is really high on him. Personally, I think he is shit in the ring. I don't believe I have ever seen an impressive performance from the guy, and I don't believe he could carry another guy through a big match. People love his mic skills, but I'm not really one of them. I think he's good, don't get me wrong. But I think people are far too quick to call him the 2nd coming of the Rock. The Rock had more emotion and charisma in his pinky toe than the Miz has in his whole body. I think the WWE will put him up there, I just don't really like it.

this guy is a complete dark horse, and hasn't done anything to show he'll be up there...but I like him.

Trent Barretta: I think he is clearly the more talented of the two, and watching him wrestle is pretty entertaining. I think in the ring, he's the most underrated young guy they have. Maybe I should say under-talked-about. He hasn't done much, so I understand why no one cares. But if you actually watch the guy wrestle, he's pretty damn skilled. On the mic he has shown signs of big time potential. I don't, that ones pretty out there, but I like the kid.

The one thing I don't see is a young babyface (outside of Orton and Cena) who can reach the heights of an Orton or Cena.

Good idea but Orton isn't going to be around much longer? He's 30, hell, Cena's only 33. Finlay meanwhile, besides being 52, barely wrestles now. He is now semi-retired and his primary job is a trainer and agent. Anyway from your list there are four definites:

Kofi Kingston - It's pretty obvious. He has the ability, look and when given the chance to showcase them, good mic skills. He won't win a world title many times and will probably be predominantly used as an upper-midcarder.

Ted DiBiase - It won't be for a while but it is going to happen. Not this year, maybe not next year. He needs to develop his new gimmick a bit more. Because at the moment, while he is good in the 'Million Dollar Champion' mode, he is not entirely beliveable. When he does that he will work his way slowly into the main event.

Drew McIntyre - Oozes 'World Champion'. He has the look and gimmick to go far. The whole vibe that he gives off is gold. Would have won MITB at WrestleMania but they went against it. However, I feel this was a positive thing. He needs to be built to make him seem as legitimate as possible.

The Miz - I've said this once, i'll say it again. The next Chris Jericho. A future multiple-world champion. I think it will happen later this year or in 2011. He has the whole package, good in the ring and brilliant on the mic. Like Jericho he is versatile. He could be in any division, winning any title. This may limit the number of titles he gets. If he is not in WWE for years to come, I will be very surprised.

I've noticed you've missed out the people to come out of NXT. Wade Barrett and David Otunga are certainly going to be big in the company. Barrett has a guaranteed title shot already. He also has the ability and look that is so important for a world champion to posess. And Otunga, although i'm not a fan, has that 'it' factor that people go on about. Even if he is truly awful in the ring. I would also like to say Daniel Bryan and Justin Gabriel, although their size may hold them back.

The one thing I don't see is a young babyface (outside of Orton and Cena) who can reach the heights of an Orton or Cena.

I can see one. It's early days, he hasn't set foot in a WWE ring yet. His name is Lucky Cannon and he is going to be on the new season of NXT. I may be totally off the mark but I think he is going to be huge. He is pretty good in the ring and looks like a main eventer. I just haven't seen him talk but he is apparently good.

Reactions: gd
Top 5 that WILL
The Miz - This guy is golden. The future of the company. Truly a superstar that represents a new generation and a new audience.
Drew McIntryre - If his reported crazyness doesn't do much damage, he will eventually get there.
Kofi Kingston - I see him with a fluke win and as a poorly booked World Champion, but i think he'll get there.
Ted Dibiase Jr. - Kinda obvious.
David Hart Smith - This guy has it all, he just needs to have time when he goes solo to develop his character. I see lots of charisma in him, somewhat contained. He can be huge.

Top 5 that WON'T

Goldust - He might be in the best shape of his life, but his character died long ago and he's just a comedy jobber now. I don't see that changing.
Vance Archer - Mike Knox. Future Endeavoured written all over him. I liked him in ECW, but they just don't do anything with guys like this.
Finlay - Too old for that, it's young guys time.
R-Truth - Well, i hope not. He just plain sucks.
Chris Masters - I really don't think so. His gimmick consists of moving his boobs to the music.

1.Drew McIntyre He has the look of a world champion and gets major heat from the crowd and I think that he is the next Triple H.

2.The Miz Like others have said he is the next Chris Jericho and gets major heat.

3.Ted Dibiase The next Randy Orton and has a great look.

4.Cody Rhodes Has improved a lot since his debut.

5.Dolph Ziggler Has a great look and he should have been IC Champ last year.

Man, that list is kind of depressing. Pressed to pick 5, I get:

Ted Dibiase, Jr - Good in ring, decent mic skills with room for improvement.
The Miz - Great charisma, ability to create heat, very good in ring (hopefully, they don't make him a face).
Dolph Ziggler - I can see him progressing into the total package.

Long shots:

Kofi Kingston - They would have to make him edgier, maybe even a heel turn.
MVP (you left him off) - He would need to be a heel again for this to work, and his promos would have to improve.

No one else on that list excites me, including the "chosen one".

Of your list I could only pick three. Ted Dibasie Jr, The Miz and Cody Rhodes.

The Miz

He has improved skill wise, and in turn has feuded with Cena (and pretty much won most of the matches) he is gold on the mic, has had rubs from big Show, Jericho and hopefully Danielson's been showing him a thing or two ring wise. Add to that the fact that he's only 29 and you'll see that yeah this is very likely in the future.

Cody Rhodes and Ted Jr

I'll do together, both are sons of greats, both have been in the main event on and off during the Legacy days, both have had good rubs from Orton and DX, both have a good look, decent in the ring, mic work has improved a lot. Ted is 27 and Cody is only 24, which is pretty young when you think about the fact that most people are around 30 when they first win the world championship.

so, a top 5 to get a title and a top 5 who never will out of:
R-Truth
David Hart Smith
Evan Bourne
Goldust
Ted Dibasie Jr
The Miz
Zack Ryder
Curt Hawkins
Chris Masters
Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Finlay
JTG
Kofi Kingston
Shad
Vance Archer

hmm....

Top 5 to win would be
1) The Miz - TON of potential, I think he could be a main eventer now, he's got the charisma, he can talk, and hes pretty good in the ring
2) Ted Dibiase - Can hold his own by himself, working off his dads gimmick, but once he breaks through or one ups that he has potential to go far
3) Dolph Ziggler - GREAT in the ring, he sells great and can run a really good match, he's got a unique look, just has to work on mic work a bit more
4) Drew McIntyre - I don't think he should be a champ but it looks like thats how he's being built
5) DH Smith - Haven't seen enough out of him as a singles guy but he's got the size and legacy to possibly do it

Top 5 to not win would be
1) Finlay - He's gettin up there in age and hasn't been seen on TV in a long time, I'm not sure he's wrestling anymore
2) JTG - Unless he updates himself I don't even see him being with the company much longer
3) Curt Hawkins - Same reason
4) Goldust - He has been there for a while and has had IC title wins and I think he is entertaining and great in the ring, but I just don't see it happening
5) Cody Rhodes - I don't think he's very entertaining, and I don't think he's big enough for Vince, he may just get stuck in the midcard

Not sure why those people make up the list, but let's take a look...

R-Truth - Too old. Personal feelings aside (I can't stand his character, his stupid entrance music, his ******ed dancing, and his god awful finisher), I'll admit that he's in the right position at the moment. He's a midcarder who will put over someone else in the next 1-2 months. That's about it.

David Hart Smith - Smith is decent in the ring, but not spectacular. He's got the size, but his look is bland at the same time. And when it comes to the mic, he's not going to be selling out arenas. For right now, he's doing great, but he'll have to improve quite a bit to get to the main event level.

Evan Bourne - People are so willing to write him off completely due to being a jobber right now, but then at the same time, he has one match on Raw and gets the pinfall and there are threads asking if they're going to push him to a world title soon. Fickle. Bourne to me is in the process of being primed for a potential midcard reign. In the future, if he keeps improving and doesn't get in trouble or injured, I could see him being a one-shot world champ...POSSIBLY. His size is going to hurt him, for sure, and his lack of mic-skills, but he's got the potential to be a popular guy given the right backing.

Goldust - Too old. If the brand extension were in place back in 96, Goldust would have been a world champ by now, but now, it's too late.

Ted DiBiase - Definitely has what it takes.

The Miz - Without a doubt, the #1 most likely option out of this list to become a world champ. In fact, I'd say he's got the skills to be a world champ NOW. Come this time next year, I'll be very, very surprised if he isn't considered a primary main event talent, if not a world champ.

Zack Ryder - Possibly, but he won't get there with his current gimmick. Don't get me wrong, I love his current character. He's a complete douche and easy to hate, and interesting. He could be a midcard champ with this character, but eventually, he'll have to give it up, similar to how Edge and Christian got out of the surfer phase.

Curt Hawkins - I don't think he even has what it takes to be on the main roster, really.

Chris Masters - No. He's on my list of people that will be released by the end of the year. Ever since bringing him back, they've done absolutely nothing with him but put him on Superstars.

Cody Rhodes - For some reason, people don't like Cody. I have no clue why. I think Cody's great. He's got the potential to be a world champ for sure. I think what's hurting him right now, though, is that he'd probably be better off as a face due to his size and the fact that there's a good number of women out there that think he's cute, so that wouldn't hurt him.

Dolph Ziggler - He has the talent. He just needs at least a midcard title reign first. He's young enough that they don't need to rush anything.

Drew McIntyre - For the life of me, I don't see what's so great about this guy. There's nothing above the norm about him. They'll probably give him a title, but I hope it doesn't happen until he proves to me that he's worth it, instead of just being like Sheamus, whom I feel is not worthy of being a former world champion.

Finlay - Too old, isn't even a primary roster member anymore. Not a chance.

JTG - Nope. He hasn't even been able to win a tag title.

Kofi Kingston - Appearance parallels aside, I've been viewing Kofi as the next Booker T for a while now. I think he'll be a world champ. It won't be soon, but I think it'll happen.

Shad - Shad's improving, but I'm not too sure where he'll end up. I don't think he'll be a world champion though.

Vance Archer - Nope. They'll sour on him and release him. He's going nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back