WM30: Cena/Hogan vs. Ryback/Goldberg

akathelaw

Jerichoholic since 1997
If Hogan participates in Wrestlemania 30, this is the kind of match I think fans would come alive for. This is the opportunity for a final send off for Hogan, and it should be in the WWE ring with his spiritual successor as his ally. The Real Americans would be fine opponents, but not very exciting. Goldberg and Ryback offers some amazing possibilities. The fans are still associating Ryback with the WCW Champion, so put them face to face. Ryback and Cena can dominate the action for most of the match and put on something memorable, and when the veterans enter the ring they will get such a reaction just being there. Imagine the reaction when Goldberg and Hogan get tagged in for the first time. It would be epic, and the match finish allows for a lot of fun. Obviously Ryback does the job, because he has the least to lose, and gets such a rub being in he ring with the 2 former stars. The loss sets up a Goldberg/Ryback confrontation and the moment fans will love: Goldberg spearing and jack hammering Ryback for losing the match and post match celebration for Cena, Hogan and Goldberg. We all know Goldberg won't come back to job, and this is infinitely more appropriate for the 30th anniversary than him just squashing a new talent. What do you think, would it be a good match for the WM30 card?

This would be fine for an off-brand PPV, but John Cena at Wrestlemania in a tag team match with a 60 year old man, facing off against a 47 year old who hasn't wrestled in a decade, and a glorified jobber in Ryback? No thanks. Wrestlemania isn't a nostalgia trip, and to sell the PPV to fans who won't be attending, they need to use Cena in a marquee fashion. Having the top star in the company teaming with a man who no longer draws against two men who are either far removed from being draws or never did is not it.

Cena vs. Undertaker, Cena vs. Lesnar, Cena vs. Orton in a Unification match, Cena vs. Daniel Bryan, Cena vs. CM Punk. Those are the matches people should be considering and looking for when they're playing fantasy booker. Those would be proper uses of Cena, and could be marquee matches, some the Main Event. The match you're suggesting not only is far from a Wrestlemania Main Event match, it's a match looking at spotlighting the past in Hogan and Goldberg over the present and future.

Cena is a Main Event star, and should be treated as such. As someone who does have control over his character and how he's booked, I'm sure Cena himself would balk at such a match.

It'll surprise me if Goldberg is part of WrestleMania. Every report I've read on talks between WWE & Goldberg, including one I read on wrestlinginc.com earlier today, say that Goldberg wants an astronomical amount of money. I haven't read anything concerning an actual dollar amount, but every report states that it's a considerable amount. Goldberg also doesn't want to come back just to lose, allegedly. I'll be even more surprised if WWE simply doesn't think he wants too much for what he ultimately brings to the table. He was a big star in the late 90s to really early 2000s, but he wasn't THAT big.

As I said in the latest thread concerning Hogan & WWE, I don't see WWE wasting John Cena at WrestleMania XXX in what ultimately amounts to a nostalgia moment. He's much too valuable and currently relevant for that. When it's all said & done, I honestly can't think of any sort of match involving Hulk Hogan that gets me excited, nor can I think of any that'll feel like it's "must see" event. How can it when you forget about the warm & fuzzy feelings from remembering your childhood while watching Hogan and focus on the physical limits the man has now at age 60? It's why I don't believe that Hogan should be in one of THE top matches on the card.

If WWE is going to spend a fortune to bring in Hogan & Goldberg, who aren't worth it in my opinion, then I see WWE doing what they can to get the most out of it. For Goldberg, that means a singles match and it'd probably be against Ryback rather than in a tag match with Ryback. As for Hogan, I simply can't see him in a singles match that simply wouldn't blow chunks. I could see him in a tag match in which his partner or partners carry 99% of the match, but that's it. And, as I said, I don't see WWE wasting the biggest star in the company, namely John Cena, just so Hogan can have one more moment, a nostalgia moment at that, at WrestleMania.

Simply put no! Please NO to this match! Cena is a superstar and an Icon IMO! Cena should be treated as such,and if I was him and this match was approached I would laugh out Loud! Goldberg,from what i have read wants a Huge Huge payday,and quite frankly he is not worth it and not worth the headache.

Goldberg literally has not done jack shit in 10 years! I bet if you were to ask him,he thinks he is the greatest thing walking on gods green earth! Dude is a straight up jackass.. I be fine with Cena and Hogan teaming up to take on the Authority that would be a match i like to see! But not a match with Goldberg and Ryback! No thank you!

Goldberg IMO does not deserve a spot at WM ever again! As far as Hogan goes,If he were to tag up with Cena,i be fine with Cena doing 95%of the work....

I will be disappointed if I see anything other than The Undertaker vs John Cena. (In fact I think Cena should end the streak. What an unexpected moment it would be. It would get a killer reaction) Streak vs Undisputed Title.

In my opinion this has to be the main event and is fitting for such a big event.

Your Hogans, Rocks, Austin's, Foley's, Goldberg's should be at the event but I'll be surprised if any of them have wrestling roles.

If Cena ends the streak that would instantly make him the biggest heel ever so it will never happen. Cena will probably be in the WHC/WWE/Undisputed title match at WM while Taker will feud with Lesnar.

I'm guessing the idea came from the rumour today that WWE were considering putting Cena and Hogan in a tag match at Mania. While I highly doubt this will happen, if it did it wouldn't be against Ryback and Goldberg IMO, in fact I could only really see it being against Triple H and Vince.

The fact is though Cena is WWE's top star and seems to take great pride in his craft, I think he'll want to be in a great match at Mania as opposed to a novelty tag team match.

Nah I have no interest in seeing this particular bout.

I wouldnt mind seeing Hogan and Cena tag with Vince though against a trio of Triple H and whoever. The story sells itself.

For Hogan's livelihood he shouldn't be in the ring with 2 stiffs like Ryback and Goldberg. If they can get Goldberg to work then why not put him one on one against Cena it would probably be a bigger draw. If they can get Goldberg to tap out for the first time against Cena's STF now that would be a Wrestlemania moment.

For the love of god........ please stop posting hogan and goldberg threads hogan is too old and goldberg is NOT a wrestler.....he wont have any effect on buyrates foley austin nash hbk even x pac and road dogg hell vader can draw more than gold..freakin..berg and they can actually wrestle something goldberg and hogan cant do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back