With ratings down, where should RAW go?

Batistabomb10

King of Kings!
We all know that at this point, WWE and RAW are both slacking in the ratings, and it's no secret that the Summerslam PPV this Sunday is going to be an exaggerated card, especially since both Triple H and Rey Mysterio are returning, and the show is going to be dedicated to hyping their returns.

My personal opinion is that perhaps Randy Orton should take the title off of Cena on Sunday, but not for the sole purpose of obvious reasons. Shaking things up a bit by letting Orton win could promote that the WWE is in a 'new era' right now. I truly think that Khali will retain, and Cena will drop the title, even though I wouldn't mind both champions dropping it. We all know Khali is the slowest-moving brute since the Big Show, and he makes HIM look like a Cruiserweight.

Anyway, I believe RAW should build off of the 'illegitimate child' storyline for now, since it is the only developed story that they have at the moment, and they shouldn't end it unless they hype another storyline up to overlap it. No idea when the WWE Creative Team plans on exposing the true 'child' of Vince, but it should be soon. The mystery angle is getting old, have them expose the 'son' soon, then start a feud or whatever, to promote where the angle is going before it gets stale.

I want to hear YOUR opinions on the issue. Anything that you think WWE/RAW should/could do to promote the show and grab ratings, list them here. I'll be giving feedback periodically on the listing of ideas up until that point, so keep 'em coming! :)

My personal opinion is that perhaps Randy Orton should take the title off of Cena on Sunday, but not for the sole purpose of obvious reasons. Shaking things up a bit by letting Orton win could promote that the WWE is in a 'new era' right now. I truly think that Khali will retain, and Cena will drop the title, even though I wouldn't mind both champions dropping it. We all know Khali is the slowest-moving brute since the Big Show, and he makes HIM look like a Cruiserweight.

I disagree with this statement, i do not believe the wwe will be promoting a new era backing a dead horse, we all know that ortan is part of the whole drug scandal been given prescription drugs for the sole purpose of abusing them, if wwe does give ortan the title it will be for the sole purpose of giving it to triple h which is something that will be very distructive for the company.

Anyway, I believe RAW should build off of the 'illegitimate child' storyline for now, since it is the only developed story that they have at the moment, and they shouldn't end it unless they hype another storyline up to overlap it. No idea when the WWE Creative Team plans on exposing the true 'child' of Vince, but it should be soon. The mystery angle is getting old, have them expose the 'son' soon, then start a feud or whatever, to promote where the angle is going before it gets stale.

The angle is going somewhere, its something that i think will bring raw and the wwe back to its pinnacle and promote someone like kennedy to main event status, well i hope so anyway.

What i think should happen is that they get people on raw who can actualy work, kennedy,hardy,umaga,dalvari, etc, and not concentrate on pointless wrestling angles with no talent hacks, cena, big daddy v (when he gets back)

maybe if they stop pushing big bods the wwe will get somewhere

Yes, Orton is/did abuse steroids, but the fact that Cena has held the title for so long is really starting to get on peoples' nerves, and I have heard on countless occasions that the fact that Cena is champion is what actually makes them stop/not watch RAW in the first place.
I do agree that dropping the title to Orton could be a bad message to send to the Feds with the whole Investigation Committe swarming Stamford, Connecticut on a regular basis to get files and faxing letters for documents. That being said, I do believe that perhaps the WWE could give it to Orton for a short period of time, maybe to drop it to Triple H or HBK when he returns. You claim that giving the title to Triple H could be destructive to the company; nonetheless I think it is inevitable. Triple H is WAY over with the crowd, myself included, and I would love to see him become 11-time World Champion. He makes a great heel OR face, and his microphone skills are good too, for the purpose they serve.
As far as the 'illegitimate child' storyline goes, you're right, it IS going somewhere, but I am getting a little sick of hearing Vince ask the Coach who it is every week. I believe they would be better off to go ahead and reveal who it is, then get right into the feud/controversial issues that it is no doubt going to entail. That though, is opinionated. Some would feel that by keeping the identity a secret, it'll hype the angle up even more. Some might say that it would get stale. It really is irrelevant, the WWE is going to do what THEY want to do, as has been demonstrated on numerous occasions.

All in all, I believe that RAW is headed in the right direction, and hopefully they CAN turn it around and make the low ratings point a thing of the past. Smart decisions and a little bit more Creative Writing can really make a difference! Hopefully Vince and the rest of the crew can get back on the high-ratings track.

I strongly believe a big part of the low ratings is Cena. The fans are really getting sick of him "defying the odds" every Pay-Per-View. Maybe if he gets "injured" at Summerslam he can take a break, maybe do a movie, and the whole Cena thing could be fresh again later.
Triple H returning is going to be a great thing for Raw, since there is an inevitable feud with King Booker in the works. Booker is hated by most people, though I think the whole British gimmick is hilarious, it would be good to see some matches between them. There really hasn't been any good feuds for awhile, Cena picks up one for maybe a month and a half at most, then the superstar flutters away.
As for the "illegitimate child" situation, they'll get great ratings for that. Especially if the illegitimate child gets a good feud going with a superstar that hates on the McMahons, possibly Stone Cold return? or The Rock? That would no doubt be a great thing for Raw at the time IMO.

I agree, Raw is headed in the right direction. They have a solid storyline that is generating interest from fans in the "who is the son" angle....Mr. Kennedy, the rumored son, is in line for a great push....IMO this guy has the potential to be another "rock" like susperstar...great mic skills, comical at times, and a great in ring worker. It will be a fresh face at the main event level.

There is no doubt in my mind that Orton will win the title. They have built him up for the past 4 months to take the title from cena and eventually lose it to HHH. I wouldnt be suprised to see him lose at SS and then win it on Raw or Unforgiven...I expect this to feud to last for another month or so and will end with Orton as the champ (hopefully with a new belt). I see a HHH/Orton feud coming up and that will be great tv.

I think that with the return of HHH, the title changing hands, and the illegitimate child story line that WWE has some good sotries up to Royal Rumble. Im looking forward to it because the feuds are somewhat fresh, the storyline (child) is unique, and top names are returning. If they dont return to old storylines like DX (unless new faces are added) and rehash cena feuds then i like the direction.

on a side note.....now, IMO would be a great time to trun cena heel. with HHH and HBK coming back, along with Bobby Lashley around November/December....I think Cena would make a great heel to feud with these guys...just a thought...

We all know that at this point, WWE and RAW are both slacking in the ratings, and it's no secret that the Summerslam PPV this Sunday is going to be an exaggerated card, especially since both Triple H and Rey Mysterio are returning, and the show is going to be dedicated to hyping their returns.

I want to hear YOUR opinions on the issue. Anything that you think WWE/RAW should/could do to promote the show and grab ratings, list them here. I'll be giving feedback periodically on the listing of ideas up until that point, so keep 'em coming! :)

ORton should win the wwe title.
As for the ic championship... i hope someone new should win it, someone like kennedy. I like the hhh orton feud plus cena hopefully not compeiting for the wwe championship. THe ilgetimate son story line is okay.. cuz its quite obvious that kennedy is the son.
BUt it willl do good. So the way i see it, raw is going the right direction

So far, Raw is doing ok. I see potential in Regal as the GM. Also, I would like to see Vince appearing less frequent. He can appear, but not every week. I want to see Regal doing most of the decision making.
Also, I think Cena should remain wwe champ, at least until unforgiven to give him a one year reign. And then to unseat him, have a lot of people hunting his championship.
And plus, don't put all the heavyweights in RAW. Some of them are being wasted. And have a snitsky vs umaga fued.

snitsky is a drain of air time. he is not over and watching the wwe trying to get him over is painful to watch. Cena holding on tothe title for another day would also be painful to watch. I dont hate the guy like most on this board but hie charecter and the title on him screams stale.

its actuallty getting interesting now because cena should be on the verge of losing his title, soo pretty much every upcoming ppv im hyped about the cena match thinking ''maybe this time he'll lose'' lol and when he does man it will be so great =DDD

anyway, to really make WWE get back on track i think theres 2 simple solutions:

1) get rid of the monsters, every1 is tired of them, even casual fans, its not fun anymore, WWE has ran this david vs goliath crap for way too long on every brand, time to end it

2) long feuds and better storylines!, ok this new storyline was a good idea, its pretty interesting to see where its gonna go, so WWE is on the right track here, though they still need better feuds! hopefully with this storyline a great feud comes running along, cuz these 1 ppv feuds are just ridiculous!, the characters get no depth, the rivalry gets no depth, nothing is really going on except one person winning and the other losing, go back to some attitude era like feuds, but with the young new talent, start putting them over, they cant depend on HHH, HBK, Undertaker and the likes to keep carrying WWE...

if they can do these 2 things, WWE, not just raw, will start steping up, they have the talent on the roster, start using them decently and in decent storyline feuds, then fix other details along the way but for now these are the 2 things i think they need to fix, and fast...

: Raw needs to get away from all this talking crap some is ok but they are getting carried away with it, i know you need some of it to get a story going, they need to go back to some of the old school fighting,stuff like the 4-horse men,doom,free-birds harlem-heat now that was wrestling and back then those where good story lines the fighting would get so intense they would have 2 refs and almost everyone out there had a managersbut now it is just to much show ,i have been a faitful fan for 37 years and will not stop watching.. oh !!!!!! how i would love the oportunity to work or give some input on the story lines

Man raw rating is ..... Though we all agree in cena giving up the title or losing it I think that cos of he's 12yr fans thats what keeps him champ, I reckon in givin time Triple H would be champ, but I reckon it will turn into a triple threat decided with Orton v Triple H v Booker a number one contenders match Yet Kennedy could be in line there too, so here's to wishfull thinking a chamber match with, Cena Triple H Orton Booker Kennedy and one more worthwhile person to fit the profile.......

they need to release some guys and combine raw and smackdown and make it 1 version of wwe again, keep one world title, I am still lost on this: there is the WWE Championship title and the World Heavyweight Champonship(isn't it also a WWE title, and I know it is the NWA/WCW belt but WHC is stupid get rid of 2 make 1) One pair of Tag titles even though WWE forgets about them. The IC title which holds for the next up and coming guy. Imagine in the World title pic (Cena, Undertaker, HHH, HBK, Kennedy...Kennedy, King Booker, Orton, Batista) each week would be new

ECW should be for young talent with

ECW World Title
ECW Tag Titles
ECW U.S. Title

BTW Hart Foundation 2.0 has big potential and by potential I mean WWE is going to screw this one up

you know i hear people say that wwf/e was much better in the attitude days, and yeh i do agree with that but what people seem to think made it great was the big stars like rock and austin etc... and people seem to think bringing them back will sort raw out, i dont, i believe if all divisions were pushed equally then new household names will be born today, by this i mean they should put as much effort into promotiong the tag team, women and intercontinental divisions as they do in promotiong the wwe title division, and i believe this is what wwe needs to do to build up new success ratings and wrestling wise

I see point....... Very interesting....... Very Interesting

Gee, thanks, Tonks3000, for that riveting nugget of wisdom.

I am a Cena fan, always have been, since his first match with Angle in 2002.
and I always will be. But he NEEDS to lose the title. But NOT to Orton, the guys a piece of scum who's livin off his name. Have Orton injure him sometime in the near future, have an Elimination Chamber Match (Orton, HHH, Booker, Kennedy, Umaga, and Carlito). Kennedy wins and reveals that he is Vince's illigitimate son, which finally brings the storyline into the main event picture. Kennedy holds on to the title thru the new year then drops the title to HHH @ WM 24. Meanwhile, Cena returns to fued with Carlito, then Booker, then finally with Orton @ WM 24, most likely in a specialty match, like No Holds Barred, Last Man Standing, or a Hardcore match, something brutal. HBK returns @ WM (thats right, I say keep him off of TV til March, risky but it'd pay off) to help his WM 23 opponent win and gain some revenge on Orton. Keep Umaga, Booker, Carlito, Lashley, Jeff Hardy, and Sandman in the IC title picture, trading the title every few months, and BAM! you've got yourself good ratings for I'd say anywhere btween 6-8 months. I freakin' rule!!
Excelsior!
P.S. HBK Attacks Cena after the match, becomes a tweener then a heel and gets built up to a HHH vs. HBK match @ Summerslam. Kennedy and Orton continue going after the title til then, and then have a triple threat match No. 1 contender's match @ Summerslam, Kennedy vs. Orton Vs. Cena. THERE, A YEAR'S WORTH OF GREAT TV!! KISS MY @$$ RAW CREATIVE TEAM!!

Gee, thanks, Tonks3000, for that riveting nugget of wisdom.

I am a Cena fan, always have been, since his first match with Angle in 2002.
and I always will be. But he NEEDS to lose the title. But NOT to Orton, the guys a piece of scum who's livin off his name. Have Orton injure him sometime in the near future, have an Elimination Chamber Match (Orton, HHH, Booker, Kennedy, Umaga, and Carlito). Kennedy wins and reveals that he is Vince's illigitimate son, which finally brings the storyline into the main event picture. Kennedy holds on to the title thru the new year then drops the title to HHH @ WM 24. Meanwhile, Cena returns to fued with Carlito, then Booker, then finally with Orton @ WM 24, most likely in a specialty match, like No Holds Barred, Last Man Standing, or a Hardcore match, something brutal. HBK returns @ WM (thats right, I say keep him off of TV til March, risky but it'd pay off) to help his WM 23 opponent win and gain some revenge on Orton. Keep Umaga, Booker, Carlito, Lashley, Jeff Hardy, and Sandman in the IC title picture, trading the title every few months, and BAM! you've got yourself good ratings for I'd say anywhere btween 6-8 months. I freakin' rule!!
Excelsior!
P.S. HBK Attacks Cena after the match, becomes a tweener then a heel and gets built up to a HHH vs. HBK match @ Summerslam. Kennedy and Orton continue going after the title til then, and then have a triple threat match No. 1 contender's match @ Summerslam, Kennedy vs. Orton Vs. Cena. THERE, A YEAR'S WORTH OF GREAT TV!! KISS MY @$$ RAW CREATIVE TEAM!!

Thanks ..... Sacarism is in the nature of it's writer........ though I may not be a cena fan, I to believe he does need to loose the belt..... I dont really care who to, but Orton does seem to be all fired up for something though he's match in Summer Slam wasn't the night giving that I think they will continue to show the legend chasing a vivid dream. But I also think Cena will hold the title until Triple H calls for it and to spice it up I think Booker T will get in on it causing the title to be up for grabs come november. But for now I think Orton is goin to cause destruction for Cena which will lead up to him losing the title to someone. I think Kennedy will become the IC champ before he gets involved in the WWE feud He's got alot to offer but for now I dont think he's got forum to go in up against all those names.

okay. here's what i think. i think that the wwe should stop with the 3 brands idea. i think that they should have 1 show (RAW) and make it 3 hours. this would put some great wrestlers back together for some good feuds. the WWE should also give the cruiserweight division back some glory!!! maybe even change the name CRUISERWEIGHT and make it more like the X DIVISION in TNA.

the wwe also needs to have the following titles...

the WWE CHAMPIONSHIP, 1 set of HEAYWEIGHT TAG TEAM TITLES, 1 set of CRUISERWEIGHT TAG TEAM TITLES (again change the "CRUISERWEIGHT" name possibly), the IC or US TITLE, and BRING BACK THE HARDCORE TITLE. also maybe even have a TELEVISION TITLE.

the WWE needs to get rid of the following titles...

the WHC (which was stolen from WCW anyway), ECW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP, the IC or US TITLE, 1 set of the TAG TEAM TITLES.

i know it will probably never happen for a while, but some other company needs to take over ECW and give it back its glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks ..... Sacarism is in the nature of it's writer........ though I may not be a cena fan, I to believe he does need to loose the belt..... I dont really care who to, but Orton does seem to be all fired up for something though he's match in Summer Slam wasn't the night giving that I think they will continue to show the legend chasing a vivid dream. But I also think Cena will hold the title until Triple H calls for it and to spice it up I think Booker T will get in on it causing the title to be up for grabs come november. But for now I think Orton is goin to cause destruction for Cena which will lead up to him losing the title to someone. I think Kennedy will become the IC champ before he gets involved in the WWE feud He's got alot to offer but for now I dont think he's got forum to go in up against all those names.

"sacarism"? It's sarcasm!!! And I don't know what that means. Are you complimenting my witty writing wizardry? If so, than thank you. If that's supposed to be an insult... hell, I take it as a compliment anyway. In fact, I'm shocked that you were able to pick up on the "sacarism".

However, I do agree that Kennedy should get an IC Title reign first, Maybe winning it at Unforgiven, then dropping it at NM or CS, Then winning the big one at Survivor Series.

RAW needs to push better WRESTLERS and not people like Cena and Snitsky.

Ideally, HHH, Kennedy, Orton and Booker would be great World Title contenders, and Val Venis (damn he needs a push, he works so hard plus has mic skills), Shelton, Jeff Hardy and Umaga contending for the IC Title.

Cena needs some time off and to come back heel, a good way to do so would be to do the same as Hogan did with the nWo...

Once true talented individuals get pushed, more true wrestling fans will watch RAW.

i agree with everyone else get the belt off cena plain and sweet. The last time raw had ratings that even came close was last summer when RVD and then Edge had the title cause people were like oh shit summpin new. Who to give the title to though is tricky. I really thought orton was gonna take but thanks to vince nixing the finish that didnt happen. Now im starting to think that randy will prob lose at unforgiven as well cause of the whine fest he put on raw and then kicking his dad is just gonna give the story its just finish cause they want to see cena get revenge.( Bull shit that's what Poppa Cena gets for raising an ass wipe of a son!) Not to mention they were testing the crowd for a Cena/HHH match which is'nt wise cause he just got back from injury. Just sign Y2J and let him get a fast win over cena like the taker/edge deal lol.

i agree with everyone else get the belt off cena plain and sweet. The last time raw had ratings that even came close was last summer when RVD and then Edge had the title cause people were like oh shit summpin new. Who to give the title to though is tricky. I really thought orton was gonna take but thanks to vince nixing the finish that didnt happen. Now im starting to think that randy will prob lose at unforgiven as well cause of the whine fest he put on raw and then kicking his dad is just gonna give the story its just finish cause they want to see cena get revenge.( Bull shit that's what Poppa Cena gets for raising an ass wipe of a son!) Not to mention they were testing the crowd for a Cena/HHH match which is'nt wise cause he just got back from injury. Just sign Y2J and let him get a fast win over cena like the taker/edge deal lol.

I got an idea. It kinda combines your ideas. Have Cena drop the belt to HHH and maybe fake an injury. Then in a couple of months, bring back both Cena AND Jericho as like a heel team to take out HHH and other faces. They could be like the new RatedRKO. They could call themselves Y2FU. That would be a freakn hilarious name. I've said it before and I'll say it again... I FREAKIN RULE!
Excelsior!

all of these are completely different ideas from what i have. back in the good ole days, of the attitude era, yeah, you had this pool of superstars. The Rock, Austin, Mic Foley, Triple H, Big Show...and many many more. They divided all of their pool up. Cena, Orton, Booker, Lashley, Kennedy, Kane, Edge, Undertaker, Triple H, Mysterio, Khali, Batista...all on different shows. Think about it. Cena alone has beaten five of these contenders. On raw, who is he left to beat? Thats why I believe that the WWE should at least combine the heavyweight division, so that you could have at least 15 superstars eligible for the same title instead of like three. You would have Cena, Orton, Booker, Lashley, Kennedy, kane, Edge, Undertaker, Triple H, Mysterio, Khali, Batista, Snitsky, Big Daddy V, CM Punk, Johnny Nitro, and potentials like Matt Hardy and Elijah Burke. Freshen things up a bit, bring back matches like the six man hell in the cell or the elimination chamber, and then you could have a good match, instead of forcing carlito and masters in the match they don't even deserve to be in. Because at this point, im tired of Hulk Hogan 2 point 0. and El Gigante Jr.

God, if there is a god, we need a savior, we need a god....

we need....

Y
J

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back