• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Winter is Coming - The Night is Dark and Full of Spoilers

Барбоса

doesn't know REAL wrestling...
Game_of_Thrones_season_2_key_art.jpg

Cold Winds

Shadow

Power and Grace

Seven Devils

The-North-Remembers-500x740.jpg

Season 2 should be good. I can't wait to see the Battle of the Blackwater. Tyrion's entire saga, really. Dinklage did such an awesome job in the first season, but Tyrion is to Book 2 as Eddard is to Book 1. Dinklage has so much to play with in this one.

Season 3 is going to be the best though. Oh man. I can't even wait.

Season 2 should be good. I can't wait to see the Battle of the Blackwater. Tyrion's entire saga, really. Dinklage did such an awesome job in the first season, but Tyrion is to Book 2 as Eddard is to Book 1. Dinklage has so much to play with in this one.

This. We weren't really privy to many battles from Game of Thrones, so I'm really hoping that a lot of the depth from Clash of Kings manages to find it's way to the screen.

Tyrion vs Cersei should throw up some tremendous scenes. Really hoping that the Han Solo-esque Davos Seaworth is fully realised along with the utter cuntery of Stannis Baratheon. Also interested in seeing how the Greyjoys are portrayed, particularly Damphair

Барбоса;3753217 said:
Tyrion vs Cersei should throw up some tremendous scenes.

God, yes. The scene with Alayaya comes to mind as having so much potential. But every time Cersei and Tyrion started talking in ACoK it was golden.

Really hoping that the Han Solo-esque Davos Seaworth is fully realised

Yeah, me too. Davos is a great character. I was a little iffy on him through ACoK but I came to really love him in ASoS.

along with the utter cuntery of Stannis Baratheon.

I think the portrayal of Stannis is going to be something to really watch for. There are a lot of ways to portray him, I think. I think Stannis is such a fascinating character in the series. So much depth and nuance.

Also interested in seeing how the Greyjoys are portrayed, particularly Damphair

Theon's performance is obviously critical and yet, surprisingly simple to pull off, I imagine, considering all he needs to be is a petulant asshole. There's not a whole lot of depth to young Theon Greyjoy.

I haven't seen the entire first season, nor have I read the second book. I finished the first book and loved it, but felt the second was just utterly boring and seemed to drag on forever. I was really disappointed.

Yeah, me too. Davos is a great character. I was a little iffy on him through ACoK but I came to really love him in ASoS... I think the portrayal of Stannis is going to be something to really watch for. There are a lot of ways to portray him, I think. I think Stannis is such a fascinating character in the series. So much depth and nuance.

I loved Davos from the off and his relationship with Stannis is tremendous. Stannis is a strange one in that he is somehow an even harsher version of Ned Stark, in terms of tradition

Theon's performance is obviously critical and yet, surprisingly simple to pull off, I imagine, considering all he needs to be is a petulant asshole. There's not a whole lot of depth to young Theon Greyjoy.

I don't know about Theon not having a lot of depth. His actions in ACoK are sparked by the expansion of his character - no longer is he the ward of the Starks.
Actually, his agreeing with Robb that Renly cannot be King before Stannis foreshadows his actions

Yeah; so I went ahead and picked up the books. A few chapters into A Feast for Crows right now.

My spoiler free conclusion: no future series is going to be as good as a Game of Thrones was. Martin is too rigidly opposed to conventional story structure; and most characters do not have natural plot arcs that span a novel. In the first book most of them do, since the scene is being set for future instalments and most of the narrative is more contained with most of the cast directly affecting one another (Jon and Dany excluded of course).

In later instalments a lot of the characters really don't have character or story arcs in the same way, and their narratives don't connect with one another nearly as much. I think that'll make it very hard for the TV series to be as compelling as Game of Thrones.

Then again, the TV series of Game of Thrones was many times better than the novel (how often does that happen?) so I'm open to being surprised.

Either way: squeee!

First season finally comes out on DVD Teusday. I know what the fuck im dedicating my next three day weekend to.

Itll be receiving the Sparticus treatment

Gelgarin said:
Martin is too rigidly opposed to conventional story structure; and most characters do not have natural plot arcs that span a novel.

I agree with this 100%.

As much as I have enjoyed the books and think that plenty of the characters do get developed - Jon, Sam, Ayra, Jamie - part of me thinks that Martin has dug a massive story-telling hole for himself. He is 5/7ths of the way through the story and parts of it are so far removed from the main narrative (thinking of the boring story of Bran here) and, after Feast for Crows which introduces so many new characters, so numerous that I fear they will never be fully resolved by the end of A Dream of Spring.

I think that season 2 will be as good as the first given that it has something to build towards with the Battle on the Blackwater but other seasons will have to be reworked from the Martin timeline to prevent them from seeming aimless

I spent 2 days watching this show B2B over the winter. Overjoyed for the second season.

All books are OTW from Amazon as we speak. I feel bad I didnt push this up on my list of things to do. This makes the last 3 books I just read feel soggy in comparison.

BTW- Tyrion Lannister > Don Draper. He is twice the man in half the size. Its a proven fact by scientists. They used graduated cylinders, beakers, bubbling colored liquids and microscopes- so it has to be true.

Finished A Dance with Dragons volume 2 this afternoon.

Damn, stuff in the north gets fucking crazy.

All the books contain recurring themes, but I think they get a fair bit darker and a little more disturbing in A Dance With Dragons.

My predictions beforehand have normally been pretty good with these books;

Spoiler just in case you arent familiar with the first series/book.
called Eddards death very early on, as without his death, shit cant go down.

As I have had a bit of experience with other George R.R. Martin books, but if things are going to go down in the last two like I think they are now, there'll be a lot of dissapointed old romantics out there and it'll be epic.

If the second series is anywhere near as good as the first we are in for a fairly decent watch at least. The arrival of one of my personal favourites Stannis ought to keep things going.

I see Sean Bean is credited with a cameo in Season 2. Is there some sort of flashback in the ACoK that involves him or is it simply a mistake?

Барбоса;3754180 said:
I think that season 2 will be as good as the first given that it has something to build towards with the Battle on the Blackwater but other seasons will have to be reworked from the Martin timeline to prevent them from seeming aimless

The creator's agree as well.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/122/1221315p1.html

Season 2 will be great. But TBH with you I'm already looking forward to Season 3. It's the best book, and should translate amazingly to TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back