• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will we ever see Marty Wright again?

Thriller Ant

Beep Bop Boop
wwe.com said:
WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar “The Boogeyman” Marty Wright as of today, March 4. WWE wishes Marty the best in all his future endeavors.

I know that there is a releases thread, and I posted that there also, but I think this is different. He began his journey in 2004, when he tried out for Tough Enough. He made it onto the show, but was cut because he was 40, and the cutoff age was 35. He still signed with OVW, and has been the Boogeyman ever since. My question is will we ever see him again now that he has been released? Wright is now 44, and has only had one gimmick his entire career. During that time he won no titles, had no notable feuds, and was basically backstage/promo interrupting character. I put this in here because he could return to any major promotion: WWE, TNA, ROH, etc. So will we see Marty Wright again?
(Mods feel free to merge or move if you so wish)

I think his WWE days are over. Remember, he was cut once before, only to be rehired shortly thereafter. At which point, he went on to do... nothing, really. And considering he's not getting any younger, there's really no logical reason for WWE to ever hire him back as a full time wrestler. That's not to say we'll never see him again, as he may be brought in for a one-time appearance, perhaps in a backstage comedy angle. But, even then, I think it's unlikely. I think he's just going to disappear.

Also, that he's well into his mid forties, combined with the fact that he won't be able to use the Boogeyman gimmick anywhere else, makes him not very valuable to any other organization. With all of the younger free agents on the market, I don't even think TNA would be interested in bringing him in. If he wants to keep wrestling, he'll always have the regional indy shows, though.

I did mark out for Boogey, especially in the beginning. He was an entertaining character for sure. But, from the looks of it, he's gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back