• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boogeyman Released

this is ******ed. This has become about something other then what it should be. Was the boogeyman the best wrestler ever? Hell no. Was he amusing, entertaining, original, and fun? Yes! Yes, he was, and WWE should have recognized that. Its a damn shame, because I loved the boogeyman...

...IM THE BOOGEYMAN.... and im... comin... TO GETCHA!!!!!!!!!

thats timeless. Smackdown is in serious trouble.

DeathIsARight said:
Read the story on the front page.

It was funny, and correct. ADMITT IT!:dark2:

NO!!!!!! IT WAS NOT FUNNY WHY WONT YOU GET THAT!!!!!!

Here's somethin from Wrestlezone posted just now:

More On Why The Boogeyman Was Fired
09/20/2006 by Ryan Clark

As noted earlier today, The Boogeyman (Marty Wright) was released from WWE.

Dave Scherer is reporting that Wright had been out rehabbing leg injuries and was pretty close to returning. There had also been rumblings that management felt he wasn't doing enough to get back into shape and showed lack of commitment. Scherer also reports that he had not been checking in with doctors for checkups. When his attitude didn't change, he was released.

I guess that gives a better idea of why he was released if it's true. And to the guy that said the "TNAss" thing, i'm not a TNA fan or anything like that but I don't think it was funny either pal.

Everybody seems to be overlooking the obvious. The latest report indicates that his attitude had changed and his commitment level wasnt there anymore. So if a person's commitment level isnt there, as a businessman, Vince and the WWE had to make a business decision. Why bring someone back to action that's not gonna bring 100 % to the product. He would have hurt Smackdown instead of helping them if his attitude was so poor. I personally hate to see any wrestler get released, but if they are gonna hurt the product then its for the best. Sorry just my opinion!!!!

ShawnEdison said:
this is ******ed. This has become about something other then what it should be. Was the boogeyman the best wrestler ever? Hell no. Was he amusing, entertaining, original, and fun? Yes! Yes, he was, and WWE should have recognized that. Its a damn shame, because I loved the boogeyman...

...IM THE BOOGEYMAN.... and im... comin... TO GETCHA!!!!!!!!!

thats timeless. Smackdown is in serious trouble.
your right about everything but that whole he was amusing,entertaining,original,and fun thing and smackdown can go on with out the boogeyman you haven't seen himsince wrestlemaina right

right, all this really means is that the creative team and Vince have to step up their game and get things moving again in a new direction

all that annoys me is that he is on the new smackdown vs raw games and now his been fired so thats kurt angle trish and the boogeyman who are on the game but no longer wiv us i h8 this cuz id prefer the game 2 b more update

Yeah I know. At least these games become collector's item due to those wrestlers no longer being in action. Those games will be worth some money in the future.

well there are released wrestlers in every video game, because so much time passes from when they program the characters to when the game gets released and a lot can happen in that time. the storylines and title holders will also be far out of date.

I know right, sucks sometimes but thats the nature of the business. Just look at Kurt Angle. Did anybody think he would leave the WWe anytime soon. I didnt, I though he would be there for at least another 10 years

you know, i normally don't like weird gimmicks like this, but i have to say he was interesting and unique. i think that smackdown is losing out.

yeah, they are. But like I said earlier if they're not committed or dont have the right attitude then its a waste anyway to keep them around. They're only hurting the product not helping

Boogeyman was a horrible gimmick anyways. Who wants to watch someone eat worms? It's not scary, it's disgusting. I never understood his fascination with worms. Anyways, just glad he's gone.

stu519 said:
Boogeyman was a horrible gimmick anyways. Who wants to watch someone eat worms? It's not scary, it's disgusting. I never understood his fascination with worms. Anyways, just glad he's gone.

PERFECT, that was exactly i was going to say. Boogeyman by far was one of the worst gimmicks ever. If he was around in like 1994 or 1995 then the angle would have worked but not now in this century.

I heard he wouldn't go to the doctors. Worms would kill anyones checkup

I LOL'D~! WWE were just hyping the Boogeyman to come back and now he's released? That's bad publicity to the WWE, and WWE have released alot of people this year! But I wasn't really a Boogeyman fan at all, I just didn't expect him to get released. But he did have one of the best gimmicks in the WWE currently, though. So I don't think WWE should have released him, at least not this soon.

DeathIsARight said:
You are going to watch TNAss because Vince fired the worst Gimmick in years? I am happy he is gone, I never liked him!

I agree. I mean lets be serious. The guy was a terrible wrestler and its not like people would turn on smackdown to see the boogeyman:raven:

I think Smackdown would still stink with or without him. He cant wrestle, and his gimmick was a ripoff of Papa Shango.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back