Will we ever see Joey Mercury wrestle again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

911 JP

Love the sig!
First off to start this thread I dont mean a dark match or a jobbing match on Superstars.. I mean a match on Smackdown or Raw with meaning or a storyline being built.

We havent seen Joey Mercury in a Wrestling component since his brief parture on Smackdown with CM Punk as the mask man, he got unmasked and squashed by the Big Show, the entire SES did, then he got legitimately injured and now he is working backstage with WWE as a trainer or what not.

Thinking about this.. well.. horrible short WWE run, I was thinking if he came back now, again he could do so much better, he could fill a hole on either Smackdown or Raw. Im not sure if his new position with WWE is permanent or not but I would like to see him back as a active performer.

Do you believe we will ever see Joey Mercury back in the ring as an active performer?

if MNM returned as heels then i'd be all for it, but as a singles wrestler? no freaking way, there are way to many superstars that deserve a meaningful push and joey mercury is not one of them IMO

joey mercury has been removed from the roster page for a while, so i doubt they have any plans at all to use him on tv. if he did appear i would only think it would be as part of a young stable to help out in the ring with. i actually forgot he existed till i saw this haha

I definitely think he'll be back once his injury heals up for one reason: they would've released him by now if they weren't planning to use him, especially because he's injured. I agree with the rest that an MNM reunion would rock, and turning Morrison wouldn't be that hard IMO. So yes, mark my words, he'll be back.

Hes more Backstage now With the Likes of Billy Kidman And Ricky Steamboat. Shame Really. They could Really have Used Billy Kidman. I have no Interest in Joey Mercury What so Ever.

In the WWE? I doubt it. He's a trainer in FCW now. Which at the age of 31 is a bit weird, but he's done enough in and out of the ring to be qualified to give his advice.

With WWE constantly looking to push younger talent, it's hard to see him making a return full-time in WWE. I mean, what would you do with him? You could maybe have him around sometimes. Like Finlay was until he was fired a few months ago. But any more than? I don't see it and I wouldn't want it.

... No, no we won't see him as a major singles competitor... He trains FCW talent now, and does backstage WWE stuff. There's no reason for him to be out there. He's still getting to do what he likes, and still getting away from his drug habit. Honestly, unless they need to fill up a stable again (Like with SES) or for some dumb reason they bring MNM back (I hate JoMo and Melina), we probably won't see him on TV ever. He's alright, but he's nothing special as far as WWE and I think most of us are concerned

Why all the Mercury hate? The guy is pretty good in the ring. He never had a singles run to prove it like Morrison got, but just look up Joey Matthews on the independent circuit and you'll see what I'm talking about.

probably not... I wouldn't mind seeing him back on Smackdown.. They could use more Fill in the midcards.. That way they can move others up to the main event... We Won't see an MNM return, frankly because the WWE Doesn't need anymore heels.. and Morrison is one of the 4 top and only faces on RAW.. So they need him to stay... Mercury could really fit into the Intercontinental Championship picture

I dont think so he will back ,even if he do,he will probably be trap into the low mid card.He will not push by wwe in the main event that's for sure.He maybe comeback to have a feud with John Morrison ,that's the only hope.

I don't think he will be back... I'm guessing he's pretty content with training the younger talent in FCW but I'm not him so I can't say for certain. I'm not exactly sure how Mercury would fit in the current WWE landscape. I will say that I was happy to see him back awhile ago but since his return only amounted to being CM Punk's errand boy, I can't say his last stint was all that great. Would I like to see Mercury come back? Hell yes. But if his last WWE run was any indication, then I'd rather not see him go through that again. Better to just help with the development of new talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back