• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will we ever see a Lita or a Trish type of diva again?

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
After watching Gail Kim get injured during last weeks diva pillow fight match on RAW last week. I said to myself ( as I am sure everybody did to themselves) how the hell did Gail Kim get injured in a damn pillow fight match??? Going back to what the TNA knockouts were saying about the WWE's women division a couple of years ago feeling that the knockouts are superior then the WWE divas because of there kind of matches.

I'm getting to that point where I might agree with the TNA knockouts on that. But as we know all women wrestlers today are eye candy and there in their respective promotions to sell sex to the male viewers right? But my question is, will we ever see a female wrestle in the WWE (or anywhere else for that matter) that was as popular and had the skills and charisma as a Lita or Trish Stratus, or even Chyna?

All three of these women are all former WWF/E women's champions and were made in the WWF/E. So will we ever see in the future from a diva a standing Hurricarana, a moonsault, or even a press slam? Damn I miss those days!

If you simply mean a female wrestler that is looked back on as one of the best then I'd say "yes". Mickie James is a pretty good female wrestler, and I expect even more out of her in the future. Same with Beth Phoenix. The rolling arm bar by Eve Torres was really cool, and shows that she may have more than she's let on so far in WWE.

Just like the wrestling business as a whole has it's peaks and valleys, so does the talent level. We don't have an Austin or Rock right now, but that doesn't mean we never will again.

I think Beth Phoenix and Mickie James have all the qualities to become as great as Lita and Trish. but WWE haven't used Beth much the last few weeks. i mean she has super strength, is good in the ring and can get over with the crowd if used properly. she can do something similar to what Chyna did back in the late 90's. she can even challenge for male titles with the strength that she has. i mean the Royal Rumble was 1 example where she almost eliminated CM Punk. it was fun to watch.
i think Mickie is also good. but now with her new singing career and all i don't know if she'll stay focussed on WWE long enough to achieve greatness.

Theres nothing to say that Serena couldn't become Trish-like in a few years. She has solid in-ring work (as seen in Shimmer) and doesn't appear to be too bad on the mic since she debuted. This lies more with the fact that Vince doesn't consider women's wrestling to be of any real importance at the moment. Maybe if TNA was more of a threat and there Knockout's Division was a good as it was when it started then maybe Vince would take the time to build new female stars like he did with Trish and Lita.

For the LIFE of me I will NEVER understand why everyone thinks Trish Stratus was all that good? She really wasnt... but she had the benefit of working with some of the BEST competition in the WWE at the time.

Think about it... she wrestled VICTORIA who is by far and away light years ahead of Stratus in every aspect... she wrestled JAZZ who could outpower and outmove Stratus.... she wrestled MOLLY HOLLY who was by far and away one of the most TALENTED competitors to EVER set foot in a WWE ring... she wrestled JACQUELINE whose knowledge and skill put her on a level that Stratus couldnt even DREAM of achieving.. she wrestled GAIL KIM whose technical skill and submission arsenal put anything Stratus had to shame.. and she wrestled LITA whose high-flying skill and aggression made Stratus look pale in comparison... she wrestled MICKIE JAMES who, even though I dont much like her.. I give her props for her skill and ability to work the crowd... and she even wrestled BETH PHOENIX who.. out of ALL the women I have listed.. is head and shoulders above the entire pack.

Compared to these women.. and thats only going back what, 8 years?? Stratus isnt even CLOSE to being ranked among them.. if anything, she comes in at the END of this list mentioned above.

I can pick six names from the entire list of former WWF/E Women's Champions who are by far and away TONS better than Stratus, and even THEY wouldn't comprise a complete list. I'm talking women like Bull Nakano, Alundra Blayze/Madusa (even tho I cant STAND the bitch), Bertha Faye (if you go to youtube and check out MONSTER RIPPER matches, you'll be amazed at how Vince managed to insult this woman in the WWF rings by making her Bertha Faye), Sensational Sherri, Velvet McIntyre, Lei Lani Kai, Wendi Richter... hell even ROCKIN ROBIN had the legacy thing going iin her favor.. being the daughter of Grizzly Smith and sister of Sam Houston and Jake The Snake Roberts.

Even some women who never HAD the championship but were number one contenders and wrestled for it.. like Judy Martin, Kyoko Inoue, Aja Kong, Luna Vachon.. outshined Stratus in the ring.

The current fans of "the divas" need to get their heads out of their collective asses and realize that fitness models who are athletic CANNOT compare to WOMEN WRESTLERS.. from ANY era. They are two different things completely, and for my money.. ANY woman wrestler would destroy any "diva" without question.. Trish Stratus was a fitness model who wrestled.. she was never EVER a woman wrestler. On the other hand.. LITA was a woman wrestler, and it showed in her ring work and her dedication to the sport on the whole.

There is the ability--but someone has to be unique--they all are hot right now--and look the same--Kong actually has her own look and style which is so cool--Daffney is coming around---Trish and Lita were so new in that time--I would even go back to Madusa aka Alundra Blayze as she was so new as a hot chick at the time who was a standout compared to the rest of the girls

I think Mickie James is the "IT" Diva in the WWE at the moment as far as fans go. She wins almost all the competitions that fans vote for, she gets the loudest reaction from the crowd at all times, and she is very very talented at what she can do in the ring. I think there are other women who if given there proper push/dues would get to that point as well ie: Beth, Natalya, Jillian Hall, Katie Lea, and even Gail. Those women are all very established wrestlers and sadly get little to no ring time it seems and are the ones that can pull off good divas matches. Id love to see the divas division get some good attention and great storylines in the near future, but I dont think it will happen sadly.

k LIta and Tirsh had that it factor to them that people liked to hate and love. They had so much likeability. It's more than just being a hot face that can wrestle. There has to be something about you unique.

Well to be honest, Lita and Trish had charisma and all, and Believe me I am a Lita Fan for life, it also had to do with the kind of competition they had infornt of them and the Era they were in.

It is going to be difficult to find someone like that, even with someone like Mickie James or Beth Phoenix or Katie Lea (Could someone let the woman wrestle please?!), because of the kind of roster in with more Divas being like trainnees and only two girls form the Diva search that have reached the top now in Maryse and Michelle.

The good thing about the time were Lita and Trish were around was the diversity, you had a power house in Jazz, the Dare devil in Lita, The psycho in Victoria, The model that learned from within in Trish, the Tecnical one in Molly, and all fo them with different set of moves. Now you have Eve and Kelly that does have the same move set at least in 75% of it with Eve adding a submission hold here and there.

I mean fi you notice, it seemed like all face Diva search girls that stay there, like Maria, Candice at her time, Eve and Kelly (who is not from th Diva search I know) got the same set up: Head scissors, Huracanrrana or Drop Kick, some gymnastics moves and do a move that make you different from the others: Kelly=K2, Maria=Bulldog, Candice=Candy Wrapper (Killswitch) Eve= Moonsault/Armbar.

TNA KO division was not completely better but exposed better until lately where there has been almost no difference.

If there is going to be a Diva that stands out like Lita, Trish and Chyna did, the Whole Division needs to work on it, not only the girl in question, because if not, it will happen like what happened with Melina and Mickie, two fo the best, but if you get with someone like Alicia Fox who can barely run throw he ropes you can have an stand out match even if your life depends of it.

At some point we might (emphasis on "MIGHT") see another Lita or Trish type of diva.... but it won't be anytime soon because none of the divas on the roster right now come close enough. Kelly and Eve could become the next Trish and Lita respectively, but both are years away from it and would need a lot more training. I don't think it will happen for a while. Divas with similar characters and/or movesets? Perhaps. Divas who are just as talented and become as popular? That's never going to happen. We're talking about two diva legends here. I miss the days of Trish and Lita too, but unfortunately those days are long gone and we probably won't see another Trish or another Lita for a long time because there's just no one good enough to fill such a role at the moment.

I get what you mean I think that there will be another Trish or Lita type of diva again that being Mickie James or Beth Phoniex.

The divas are starting to get boring except for Michelle, Beth and Mickie James. The divas on Smackdown are interesting they have good storyline going but the divas on Raw they don't.

I think that the only divas on Raw that could be the next Lita or Trish type of diva would be Katie Lea Burchill or Maryse.

It would be cool to see divas in highflying matches again such as ladder matches. Mainly they are just eye candy now. Don't worry when me and my friend become divas we will put on great ladder and steel cages matches for you.

I'm getting to that point where I might agree with the TNA knockouts on that. But as we know all women wrestlers today are eye candy and there in their respective promotions to sell sex to the male viewers right? But my question is, will we ever see a female wrestle in the WWE (or anywhere else for that matter) that was as popular and had the skills and charisma as a Lita or Trish Stratus, or even Chyna?

All three of these women are all former WWF/E women's champions and were made in the WWF/E. So will we ever see in the future from a diva a standing Hurricarana, a moonsault, or even a press slam? Damn I miss those days!

I believe so although Vince isn't exactly in a rush to find the next Trish or Lita. He's pretty content with having the division consist of no talent women who look better on the set than in the ring. But I see some capable women in the division who definitely could be given the right push.

Trish was popular and had sex appeal:
Eve, Maryse and Mickie could definitely fill her shoes in time

Lita was athletic and could pull off moves that the men did:
Melina and McCool seem to be the only athletic divas on the roster

Chyna was power personified:
Powerful? Look no where else but Beth Phoenix and Natalya

I personally wish Chyna would come back so that Beth could just beat her down. LOL But that would be a great feud in my opinion that would culminate in a match at Wrestlemania. A women's match that would actually have people watching because let's face it since Trish's departure, the diva division has fallen on its head and is need of a lot of help.
wwe%20diva%20beth%20phoenix%201.jpg

Trish is totally overrated. She was good in the ring, but not as good as people want to make her. Yeah, Natalya and Pheonix are far better in the ring than Trish was. I dont know why everyone call Trish the best female Wrestler of all time, or the best diva ever. She clearly isnt that. She never was that great of a Wrestler.

There could easily be another Diva like Trish or Lita but only if the WWE decides to give their women any sort of real exposure as a legitimate wrestling division rather than glorified beauty contestants who occasionally have a match or two.

The talent is certainly there. In my opinion the WWE has a great female roster, with a varied array of abilities and personalities. Mickie James, Beth Phoenix and Gail Kim are all excellent in the ring. Michelle McCool, Layla and Maryse are all competent heels, while Katie Lea Burchill is criminally underused.

If these ladies were given the time to develop proper feuds instead of merely trading the two titles then perhaps we could see the emergence of a genuinely popular female wrestler in the mould of Trish or Lita

I agree with Barbosa, the WWE has the depth in terms of talent when it comes to the divas. Some of them already surpass Trish and Lita talent wise, however it's exposure that is holding them back. If they were focused on more for their talent in the ring and less as eye candy, then there is no reason that most of them could not reach the level the divas did in the attitude era. Trish and Lita are great, don't get me wrong, but they also came in at the right time, if they were here now in the PG era, they would be floundering like the rest of the divas.

Look at Mickie James, Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix and even Maryse. Those four divas in my opinion are already on the same level as Trish and Lita, the only factor missing is exposure and pushing the divas in a legitimate manner, pushing them seriously. If that happens then there is no reason why todays divas would not surpass Trish or Lita.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back