• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Vince Mcmahon Be Inducted In The HOF

Leeds Guy

Retired Former WZCW EurAsian Champ
**i did a search and couldnt find any topics asking this so if there is please feel free to delete**

Reading a recent thread about the death of Vince, i thought to myself would he ever induct himself into the hall of fame when he passes on the reigns or would he be arrogant enough to do it while he still is chairman?

I personally think he will be inducted for what he has created, if it wasnt for him there wouldnt be a WWE and it will probably be when he steps down. Would it eclipse all the other inducted wrestlers though? because he would be by far the biggest person to ever go in the HOF.

So my question is will Vince go in the hall of Fame?
Will he go in while he is still chairman or wait untill he steps down?
Who do you think would induct him?

Kind of a silly topic seeing as how Vince is the owner of the WWE and there is NO way that he wont get in. His father got in and I believe it was Vince who inducted him, and Vince will get in and I am sure his whole family will probably induct him in as well. He deserves it, he is the most successfull promoter ever, maybe not the BEST, but definatly the most successfull.

Vince's ego is WAY to big not to induct him into the HOF and who better to induct the egomaniac but...HIMSELF! I don't know when but, that's how I see it going down.

Kind of a silly topic seeing as how Vince is the owner of the WWE and there is NO way that he wont get in.

My question isnt so much would he get in, but a case of how he would do it. would he wait till he steps down or do it while hes still in charge and would it eclipse all the other superstars who have gone in as he would be the biggest name in there.

vince mcmahon won't be inducted, but MR. MCMAHON sure as hell will. vince has done it all. hes wrestled, commentated, had his own dvd, so it won't surprise me if vinnie mac inducts " mr. mcmahon" in the hall of fame before macho man randy savage.

Vince will get inducted after he passes on, its just the classier way of doing it. I also can see his family inducting him, and he'll be the leader of whatever year of inductees he's placed with. Its really only a matter of time. He obviously definitely deserves it.

When Vince goes to the HOF I don't see him being they main inductee or going out of his way to eclipse the others in the class, but I do see him having a nice video tribute and possibly getting inducted by his family. How funny would it be if Ted Turner or Bob Costas was the one to induct him, that would be classic television!

I think vince will wait till he dies and it will be his kids to induct him. I also think he may not eclipse all the HOF but the year he gets inducted he will be the only inductie, how crazy if it was Ric to induct him

He wasn't going to wait and die to have a whole Raw memorial dedicated to him, for his "death". Of course, Benoit had to screw that up.

I can see himself headlining his own Hall of Fame, and having a roast instead of a speech for himself.

I would anticipate that his son would introduce him to everyone, and have a big shout out. Stephanie would then come out next, and give a piece. Shawn Michaels and Triple H would do a piece together, and we would get some Pat Patterson and Gerry Briscoe speeches. It could be a great show, but egotistical.

I would say that an induction of Vince McMahon Jr (and not the Mr. McMahon character) postmortem, much like he did with his own father, would make the most sense. Vince McMahon is the man who revolutionized the wrestling industry single handedly. He played Mr. McMahon, he has held WWE Championships, etc, but I believe the greatest honor would be to be inducted as himself, as the Chairman and Owner and the creative force and spirit of the WWE, by his kids and those close to him.

It's only a matter of time, like other said. And he doesn't have to be wait to die either :p He could easily be inducted while living. That way he ensures his legacy and memory and gets to enjoy the benefits for a bit, but whatever -- maybe if he does it while still alive, people would call it 'Egotistical,' so he's waiting.

He's Vince McMahon, he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants, dammit....

I don't know; people say Vince has this huge ego, and while he does indeed have one, the dude is also a VERY weird guy. From what I've taken from wrestlers past speeches, Vince doesn't like any praise given to him. You always hear a wrestler say, "Vince is going to hate this, but I have to thank him, blah blah blah." To me, that says Vince isn't a fan of people thinking he's a nice guy. I think there's a part of him that's really into being hated, both on-screen and off.

But at the end of the day, he'll eventually get in for sure. He might be retired by that time or dead, but it'll definitely happen eventually. Not anytime soon though, unless he thinks it'll end up being some huge draw or that there are literally no big names left to induct and have the ceremony be centered around them.

Yeah,I too think Vince will go in,after he dies.As the old saying goes Why buy a dog & bark yourself.
Im kinda surprised he aint already,if not for his dad I think Vince would be the type to be pitched the idea of a HoF & say "Good idea,put my name in first".!

First off, there is no WWE Hall of Fame without Vince McMahon. I don't think that "Mr. McMahon" the character will be involved at all in the HOF, because it would be a joke. If you can say anything about Vince, its the fact that he truly appreciates the history of the business and is proud of the honor that being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame is for some of these guys who sacrificed a lot for the business. Vince McMahon inducting Mr. McMahon would really down play the credibility of the Hall of Fame. I do think that he will not allow himself to be inducted while chairman due to his ability to not heap praise on himself especially with how it would be percieved by the media and fans. I can see a post-mortem induction, BUT, not with his kids being who they are. I don't think that Shane and Steph would want their father to not recieve the praise he's owed. I think that WHEN Vince decides to "hand the reigns" to Shane and Steph, that their first order of business will be inducting Vinny Mac. No doubt it will be Shane and Steph inducting Vince with it being a great ceremony and I like the idea of the roast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back