Will Turner return to wrestling world?

D

DakotaDave

Ya, know I was thinking about this while watching the WWe Vs. ECW joke. Will he return as owner to compete with Vince; since Vince has claimed victory over the wrestling entertainment world? Will he make his own company or will he buy-out or buy-into an already established company such as TNA? I think something needs to be done since Vince the devil himself and his lil minion Paul Heyman have partnered to basically rub it in the faces of WCW and TNA fans. What are your thoughts?

I agree 100 percent with you. Maybe Ted Turner forgot about wrestling or not now what TNA is because he would have bought it already. It is close to his home in the South and has many former WCW stars.

Maybe Bischoff may do something. I havent read anything about him re-signing with WWE.

DakotaDave said:
Maybe Bischoff may do something. I havent read anything about him re-signing with WWE.

That may happen also but he may run it to the floor like he did WCW!

gamehead said:
That may happen also but he may run it to the floor like he did WCW!
No, he didnt run it to the floor, that was Russo! Remember Bischoff made the NWO storyline; the greatest storyline in wrestling history! Now its being stolen by WWe for the WWe vs ECW bit.

Ted Turner agreed to a no compete clause with :wwf: , I don't think it is up for a few more years.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Ted Turner no longer owns any of the Turner Networks, bu I could be wrong about that.

He dont own any networks as of now, but he can get a contract going on a network better than anyone else. So if he gets back into the biz, he'd be the one my money's on.

MAVSFAN said:
I could have sworn I read somewhere that Ted Turner no longer owns any of the Turner Networks, bu I could be wrong about that.
True, he stepped down as a board member in AOL TimeWarner.

The only reason Bischoff was able to compete with Vince is because he had Ted backing him and had a never-ending amount of money from him to use to lure in and grab top stars. Without big money of that like NO ONE will step to WWE. Could he return yes, will he? Probably not, will he give WWE the challenge like back in 96-98, most likely...no.

All I know is that I hope Ted Turner buys TNA because the Monday Night wars days were the shit! With Ted's money TNA could have a classic rivalry like the good old days.

gamehead said:
All I know is that I hope Ted Turner buys TNA because the Monday Night wars days were the shit! With Ted's money TNA could have a classic rivalry like the good old days.
Don't count on it. There isn't enough top stars for that. I would say there are less true superstars today that at any point over the past 25 to 30 years. Maybe that will change, but with the way both companies are run I seriously doubt it.

IF he took over TNA it will just end up like wcw did, all he did was open up his cheque book to other people, and thats just trouble, i think the man lost enough money in wrestling already.

TNA needs to do it on their own

Bord-E said:
IF he took over TNA it will just end up like wcw did, all he did was open up his cheque book to other people, and thats just trouble, i think the man lost enough money in wrestling already.

TNA is already owned by a rich company anyway.

Bord-E said:

So you are saying that you didnt think anything about WCW was good...EVER? If thats the case YOU ARE WRONG! You are letting how the company was ran the last couple of years overshadow the many great years WCW had. Spending money on the during the NWO/Goldberg era; was the best thing that happened to the company.

Tuner needs to stay out of it but if you really wanna make vince shit a brick get everybody you can to not watch rawor smackdown for 2 weeks and only watch tna even the repeats of tna why

Vince will stop this soap opera crap and get back to wrestling

Besides i say we demand zero one wrestling to be shown in the us

As far as the true superstar thing that is very true but that is thanks to the old guys not letting go and helping to build the stars
The rock jobbed for hurricane helms but wwe squashed it fast he could became huge if he got a few others to job

I know this is TNA nash, sting, steiner guess what they are doing helping build new stars

We dont need turner to jump in sure the money factor would help but as fans of WRESTLING we need to get behind TNA talk about TNA Bragg to others how good it is. to get other people into it. most of you on this board remeber when you were kids and watching WWF you went told jimmy down thestreet about it and he told kevin who told jessica.

Now lets do that all over again get the kids into it if we can get your friends into it your girlfriends

word of mouth my friends

DeathIsARight said:
TNA is already owned by a rich company anyway.

straight from the wiki:
On May 10, 2002, J Sports and Entertainment (a limited company with Jerry Jarrett as chief executive officer and Jeff Jarrett as president) announced the formation of Total Nonstop Action.

beacuse you know Jeff Jerrett is a HUGE corporation.... :lol2:

Even if he did,he wouldn't have a channel. In the end that's what killed WCW.

"No, he didnt run it to the floor, that was Russo! Remember Bischoff made the NWO storyline; the greatest storyline in wrestling history! Now its being stolen by WWe for the WWe vs ECW bit."

Meh,there is enough blame to go around. Blame Bischoff for the simple fact that he didn't do anything to build new main event stars when things were hot. At one time WCW had the greatest talent pool in the history of the business. But instead of grooming the guys that were the heart of the company like Chris Benoit,Eddie Guerrero,Chris Jericho and others for main event spots,he stuck with clowns like Lex Luger.

Has far has Vince Russo goes,all I got to say is "David Arquette is the World Champion."

are you people dumb?

ted turner cant take vince on the only reason wcw grew was because of bichoff ted only put the money into it

if ted buys tna it will be the end of tna because ted turner dont know shit about wrestling he is not a wrestling guy he is just an idiot who wanted to make money off wrestling

vince is the real deal he grew up with wrestling and he built his company to where it is today that is why vince owns ecw and wcw and why he will end up owning tna too because vince knows wtf he is doing

hell even smackdown right now is way better then how bad wcw got at the end

Smokeydogg said:
are you people dumb?
No. But you may want to ask yourself that same question.
Smokeydogg said:
ted turner cant take vince on the only reason wcw grew was because of bichoff ted only put the money into it
Ted Turner did pretty damn good taking on WWE. Time Warner didn't. He sold the majority of his entertainment holdings (including New Line Cinema and yes...WCW)in early 1999. He had next to no say about what went on in the company from that point forward. This is why there was a handful of regime changes behind the scenes and the product never recovered because it never maintained consistency. Ted put money into it, and when he did, he was within a hair of squashing the WWF.
Smokeydogg said:
if ted buys tna it will be the end of tna because ted turner dont know shit about wrestling he is not a wrestling guy he is just an idiot who wanted to make money off wrestling
vince is the real deal he grew up with wrestling and he built his company to where it is today that is why vince owns ecw and wcw and why he will end up owning tna too because vince knows wtf he is doing
Sure Ted's an idiot. He's also the wealthiest landowner in the US. And he owns a baseball team. He must be special needs. Vince isn't the real deal for anything. He inherited the company from daddy. People kiss his ass because he made Wrestlemania. Wow. I hate to break it to you, but Starrcade was doing the same kind of supercards two years before Hogan and Mr. T were riding high. He pushes lousy entertainment, which you apparently eat up by the truckload. Sure, Vince has come up with some good stuff. I won't deny him that. But a majority of the time, he also had a handful of intelligent wrestling know-hows behind the scenes coming up with ideas for the company to use. After all, Vince was the guy who thought Puke and Avatar would be megahit gimmicks. He's also done things like blow the biggest interpromotional event in history and squash any potential of reviving his own competition so he could have a real monopoly.
Smokeydogg said:
hell even smackdown right now is way better then how bad wcw got at the end
That's not saying much. Even when you compare a bigger turd to a smaller turd, in the end...you're still comparing s**t.

I want to watch something that was made for the mature. Not Rapping dorks or God fearing men in face paint. Ted would only bring us more childish stuff. I would really love to see a promotion make it on TV, that wasn't designed for kids and horny 13 year olds.

FishFarm said:
I want to watch something that was made for the mature. Not Rapping dorks or God fearing men in face paint. Ted would only bring us more childish stuff. I would really love to see a promotion make it on TV, that wasn't designed for kids and horny 13 year olds.
Co-sign.

KabalB2D said:
straight from the wiki:
On May 10, 2002, J Sports and Entertainment (a limited company with Jerry Jarrett as chief executive officer and Jeff Jarrett as president) announced the formation of Total Nonstop Action.

beacuse you know Jeff Jerrett is a HUGE corporation.... :lol2:

TNA is owned by a different company now I believe - Panda Energy International

Maybe Turner could come back and have a role in TNA or even WWE, but I don't think he should go full time back into wrestling. Maybe he could even have a role on this MTV wrestling thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back