Will the Grammy Awards Affect Against All Odds?

Tugboat77

Occasional Pre-Show
Will the Grammy Awards airing on CBS affect ppv buys for TNA's Against All Odds event tonight? Usually WWE or TNA wouldn't dare schedule an event on the same night as something that draws a HUGE audience like the Grammys. I'm sure both events have been scheduled for a long time but I'm going to give TNA the benefit of the doubt and assume AAO was scheduled first because otherwise it wouldn't be a very smart move at all.

I realize that in the days of DVRs that this normally wouldn't be a huge issue anymore. However, Sunday is a HUGE night for television and there are many wrestling fans who watch other programs religiously on Sunday nights. I am included in this group as I want to watch the Grammys plus I never miss Animation Domination on Fox (sounds like a tag team name lol).

So my questions to you guys are....A) Do you think other television programming will affect tonight's ppv? B) Is the Against All Odds card strong enough to compel people to choose it over other programming? & C) If buyrates are low, will the Grammy Awards be used as a scapegoat?

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

The Grammys will not affect it's buyrate. The demographics are completely different. I think a vast majority of this forum won't watch them and nor will a majority of TNA fans that are not.

Against All Odds has a good enough card to support what it will draw and I'll watch it over anything on TV (not a whole lot on a sunday that has an awards show on half of my shitty cable package).

Lastly the buyrates if low (which I don't think they will be), will not be blamed on the Grammys. This is simply because Dixie has a way of making a negitive a positive with twitter. I predict insted we will see a tweet something like "w2g kurt good job against JJ"

well for me i stopped watching them for years after michael jackson last won for thriller..... which goes to show you i must be very old, however tna having their ppv tonight shouldn't be an issue since the majority of the iwc hate anything tna any ways, not only that we know that the media looks down on prowrestling and could care less about tna or wwe having a ppv on the night of the grammys.

I cannot imagine that the Grammy's will have much of an impact upon the TNA PPV tonight. I mean, for the TNA faithful to tune out Against All Odds in favor of the Grammy's, they will miss out on seeing Bully Ray and Brother Devon in action. Plus, they will miss the opportunity to see Matt Hardy compete. And of course, how could they manage to get to sleep tonight without finding out the custody situation regarding Kurt Angle's children.

Fact of the matter is, I am sure the diehard TNA fans will tune in regardless of what else is on television tonight. Those who do not appreciate TNA won't watch regardless of what else is on. I doubt there are many who would have otherwise watched AAO, but will choose the Grammy's instead.

Nah the PPV won't suffer, because as some said above maybe the people who watch the grammys don't watch wrestling. If they do watch wrestling and are aware of TNA wrestling and like the product they will watch the PPV even if the grammys are on. Either way with the DVR's its not really an issue.

i agree with what was said: the demographics for the two shows are completely different and shouldn't impact things. Will TNA blame the Grammy's if their numbers are bad? probably because it's the easier thing to do. As far as setting up the date for the PPV, this might be the best date of the surrounding weekends. 2/6 was the Super Bowl, 1/31 was the NHL and NFL all-star games and the Royal Rumble, 1/24 was the NFL conference title games. and 2/21 is the NBA all-star game and Elimination Chamber. all of these dates have conflicting audiences, so their options were just weak as far as an early February PPV goes.

Your die hard sports fan will still order the ppv, yes even a TNA PPV. And why would TNA worried about the Grammy's when their only competition tonight will be FOX and their animated shows. This PPV is so weak that generation ME is not even showing up. Why pay $30-$40 for one match and thats if Jeff Hardy shows up.Thanks God for FOX.

No the Grammy's will not create a poor buy rate for AAO. The shitty lineup will. After the second version of "they" fell apart a week before the PPV, TNA had to throw together whatever matches they could find. Anderson/Hardy has a great build to it. Dvon/Bubba is not bad. 2 of the 3 members of the #1 contender match for the x division title can't make it. Kurt and Jeff turned rediculously stupid a week ago. The rest of the card is bad to very bad.

The only positive to come out of this, TNA can blame any buyrate figures on the Grammys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back