• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Tensai's career flush down the toilet?!

I think its fair to say the whole Tensai gimmick is a complete flop, and I think the best thing WWE could do is drop it. He isn't over, and never will be with that gimmick. The "ALLLLBERT" chants are not going to stop.

I would like to see Matt Bloom "snap" after a match, and grab a mic, telling the fans that he embraced the Japanese culture and received nothing but disrespect from the US wrestling fans, and revert back to ther A-Train character which he seemed alot more at home playing. I dont see Bloom ever making it as a main eventer, but I think if he was A-Train maybe the chants would stop and he could play a persona that he actually suits.

I wasn't even sure if this was a serious question or not, but since it's in the non-spam section.... it has to be. That being said, Tensai's career has been in the dumper for quite some time. First off, when you make your return after almost a decade and continue to receive "Albert" chants, you're done. Nothing about the man has changed, except for a few poorly located tattoos and no body hair. Otherwise, he's useless.

No, he'll just go back to Japan where he made a shit load of money being pushed as a gaijin monster, make another boatload of money, look back on his time with WWE and laugh. Bit like how that Great Muta guy couldn't get over in America yet in Japan formed a legacy not many will match.

Bit like how that Great Muta guy couldn't get over in America yet in Japan formed a legacy not many will match.

That's kind of incorrect. The Great Muta was over in America during his first run in WCW. While his career's greatest matches and moments come from NJPW and AJPW, Muta is a well-known, well-respected and well-loved legend among American wrestling circles. Unlike Tensai, The Great Muta has also captured high calibre titles like the NWA World title, NWA TV title and WCW Tag Team title. Tensai only captured the WWE Intercontinental title and very few people even remember it. I think Tensai should either revert back to his Albert character or return to Japan.

I thought the whole Tensai character was a bust from the moment he had his debut match against Alex Riley. The crowd shit all over him that night, as he got a horrible non-reaction from the crowd, up until the "Albert" chants started you could have heard a pin drop in the arena.

If they wanted him to make a huge impact he should have debuted with a run-in not an actual match. Had he come out as Johnny Ace's lackey and taken down Cena in his first appearance he probably would have had a better chance of getting over with the fans. However by the time he was put in matches with the likes of Cena, Punk, and Sheamus fans had already decided to take a dump on him and no matter what weren't going to give the character a chance. Every crowd no matter where they were went to the Albert chants or gave him little to no reaction at all no matter what he did. No one cared that he beat up his ring attendant because no one gave a shit about him or the attendant, so that didn't garner him any heat from the crowd. His look I don't think helped him much either as he does look pretty stupid with the rubber brief style tight, the fake tattoos on his face that are always smeared, and the ridiculous idea of trying to make an obvious American man look and act like an Asian man.

I'm not going to say that he is a talentless turd because Matt Bloom is one hell of a big man performer. He moves around the ring a lot better than some men half his size, uses a move set that look very devastating when used well, and I think he truly enjoys what he does. Now either he stays with WWE doing what he is doing, being an enhancement talent, or he returns to Japan where he was much more of a big deal than he will ever be in the states. All said and done though you have to chalk this up to a huge failure by all involved.

That's kind of incorrect. The Great Muta was over in America during his first run in WCW. While his career's greatest matches and moments come from NJPW and AJPW, Muta is a well-known, well-respected and well-loved legend among American wrestling circles. Unlike Tensai, The Great Muta has also captured high calibre titles like the NWA World title, NWA TV title and WCW Tag Team title. Tensai only captured the WWE Intercontinental title and very few people even remember it. I think Tensai should either revert back to his Albert character or return to Japan.

You obviously missed the sarcasm of the point. Muta started in North America with the NWA, as Tensai started with WWE, Muta didn't go over as big as NWA wanted him to and returned to Japan where he formed a legacy and made a ton of cash in the process. Matt Bloon comes back to WWE and that is where the comparison ends, where it continues will be if/when he returns to Japan, all they need to do is stick him with Karl Anderson again and they got a money making tag team.

Oh okay, my bad.

I guess it's not all bad for Tensai. He got his one victory over WWE's top babyface lol. Yeah, he should return to Japan and reform his Tag Team. Maybe he might even be able to win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship some day. He can tread the footsteps of past wrestlers that were big names over in Japan such as Stan Hansen, Big Van Vader, 'Dr. Death' Steve Williams and Terry Gordy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back