• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Tensai's career flush down the toilet?!

UltimateCMPunkMark

the wrestling god
When Tensai first made his debut back in the WWE again, he was simply dominant. He beat everyone he wrestled and somehow was on a winning streak. Tho, he suddenly started losing a lot of matches and appearing on superstars more than he used to on Raw in main events. Not only this but he doesn't seem to have a feud with anyone. They aren't event trying to build up a feud between him and someone else. The "Albert" chants that people keep chanting during his matches completely ruin his new gimmick/style. Will he be buried like a lot of other wrestlers like Jack Swagger, McIntyre..etc? What do you think?

The reason the WWE is putting no real effort into Tensai anymore is because Tensai isn't over with fans. Wrestlers that come in hot and in the midst of a push isn't anything new to wrestling. Wrestlers that come in hot and soon fizzle out like Tensai is doing isn't new either.

Right now, WWE is ultimately using Tensai to make some of the top guys look good while being in a competetive match at the same time. It's a good role for Tensai or Albert or whatever you want to call him. I never saw the guy as a main eventer at any point in his career and I'm not overly surprised to see that his main event push has been halted.

One reason fans aren't into the character is because it's extremely dated. Tensai as this mostly silent, monster Asian heel just doesn't get it done in this day and age. I give WWE credit for trying to inject something different into this, such as having a white guy portray someone that's very much embraced the Japanese culture and portraying a heel role that's usually for Asian wrestlers. It just doesn't work, however.

I'm glad that WWE isn't investing a huge amount of time in Tensai. As I said, he's not over with fans and I'm glad that WWE didn't try shoving him down people's throats. There's no money in Tensai so there's no need to really put any focus on him.

TBH I think that the WWE is dropping the ball with Tensai if they used him correctly he could be that heel that is always in the mix. He is better then Khali and some of those other
big guy wrestlers. I'd like to see him vs Mark Henry

I think tensai is working great in the place he's at.

He's good Enhancement talent. Granted, he's not over in anyway, but a win over him does hae a little umph given that we assume a squash match. You cant say it wasnt good for either Kidd or Ryback to have gotten past him.

Leave him to it, no bother. He doesnt need a push cause it wont do any good, but he serves a function outside of himself and thats always useful. Most the other jobbers aren't helping anyone (case and point Tensai himself, or rercently Barrett.)

Tensai's career (at least as a main event wrestler) flushed down the toilet as soon as they dropped the "Lord" from his name. Does he use the mist anymore? I don't even remember his last non-jobber entrance. He just isn't over. He lacks the charisma to receive any type of real heat in America. In Japan, it's a lot more neutral rather than good guy/bad guy, and they care almost exclusively about the wrestling (which explains why he was far more over in Japan). It's a shame, because he's a damn good big man. His bicycle kick puts the Brogue to shame. As Mack above me said, Tensai would be a good enhancement talent and likely will keep a job based on that.

Will Tensai's career flush down the toilet? In my opinion, no it won't. Depending on how you define success or failure.

Do I see a future for (Lord) Tensai as a main eventer, holding any of the major titles? Not a chance. However, as a monster heel enhancement talent, being used to put other guys over and make those around him look good, he can have a lengthy successful career, and this would be nothing to be ashamed of. Not everyone in professional wrestling makes it to the main event, in fact most don't. Does this mean all of the other guys' careers have gone down the toilet, no. Tensai can fill a niche that is valuable and always has been: a big guy who can squash little guys to be made look dominant, but who ultimately comes up short when up against upper tier talent. And in my mind, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

When A-Train re-debuted in Wwe as Lord Tensai I thought he was going to go further than before but then he was defeated by Cena on Raw and he started a losing streak and has not recovered since.

But I think it is Wwe`s fault and not A-Trains.

Hopefully. The thing is, Tensai is just soporific. His matches are tantamount to the divas matches - bathroom break. His name is weird, the way he walks is just stupid, and the announcers keep prattling about how the guy is from Japan and what not - then just go back to Japan wrestling. I believe that if he isn't pushed to more relevant matches, yes, his career is in jeopardy.

If you view Swagger's carreer as being flushed down the toilet, then yes, it probably will. Tensai can't get over, no matter what.

I don't think they should've nerfed Tensai the way they did. If you give him such a strong debut, don't half-arse it.

I think the locker has better talent, though, than Tensai. I think he is crap on the mic, he has an awful look and that hiss he does before EVERY move gets annoying. And he looks like he smells awful (pettiest complaint I have about him, sorry).

Yes, fans don't care about him, his matches aren't fun, there is nothing entertaining about him. Mr Bloom by all accounts is a nice guy so I feel sorry for him - but he has to be wishing he never left Japan.

As usual it's the WWE who have screwed things up by not committing on their talent and pulling the plug way too early.

^ but in defense of the WWE, they bailed on Tensai because he couldn't get any reactions aside from the mocking "Albert" chants

as others have said, Tensai/Albert's problem is he's just not charismatic enough to get people to care about him.

with that in mind, why should tensai be wrestling with the main event level guys (Cena, punk) when the best crowd response he can get is "Albert"

Its like this,

Wrestling fans have a very good memory. When I think of or see "Tensai" I immediately think of Prince Albert from 1999. Even back then, younger, he was a nobody. Not even an ok mid carder. The farthest he went back then in 1999 was T&A Test & Albert with Trish Stratus at their side, a funny moment where Val Venis handcuffed Albert to the ropes and tattooed his initials on one of Albert's butt cheeks, and then Albert was around in 2003 where he gave us more of the same, nothing.

This guy is a banana, you cant disguise a banana as an orange, because people will still know its a banana.

No, no, no, its not because of fans chanting "Albert", that gimmick was a flop to begin with. When I watch WWE, I try to suspend my belief and try to enjoy the show as much as possible, but when I saw that gimmick debut, it was like watching those blue cartoon characters as RAW guest host. A fat guy with weird tattoos, piercings below the mouth, doesn't look Japanese from any angle, makes "ssssss..." noises each time while giving a punch.. Its just hard to take him seriously even when he is doing that pinfall by choking the throat. The fall of this character was inevitable, it just happened sooner than later.

As usual it's the WWE who have screwed things up by not committing on their talent and pulling the plug way too early.

They had him beat John Cena. If that isn't commitment I don't know what is. It's not their fault that he's terribly boring and slowly in the ring. He fails to get any reaction even after beating the biggest star in the business today. You have to be the sloppiest of shit if you can't get some response from the crowd after beating Cena.

He's absolutely terrible. The guy has had multiple gimmicks and the only time he was ever of any small importance was when Trish was flashing her boobs around with him. That's it. Without Trish being by his side he hasn't ever been anything worth watching. He should of made some sort of connection with the fans but he hasn't. He's failed to create any buzz with them and it's time to pull the plug and give someone else a chance.

He's shit.

Matt Bloom is actually a nice guy in real life so it is a shame to see his career suffering like this but the fact is Tensai was shit from day 1. I just see Albert with Japanese symbols on his head and cannot take the character seriously- his twitter account doesn't exactly help.

Apart from a pointless intercontinental title win he has done nothing of note in WWE and sadly never will.

His latest loss this week shows how far he has fallen and if he's not future endevoured by the end of 2013 that in itself will be an achievement.

The fact that Matt Bloom is nice has nothing to do with whether or not his character will get over. In fact, the WWE should have taken note the last time he was employed with the company and realized that Albert/Bloom/Tensai will not get over. He is too slow in the ring, and is not that marketable. They need to quit BS'n and fire him and move people who actually generate heat into his spot aka Ziggler.

I was one of the very few people that enjoyed the Tensai gimmick and was really hoping that he'd be over. Sadly, that never happened. All I read about or see is how people just think of him as some fat white bald guy or "Albert." I enjoyed his work in NJPW and the only reason I can see in him returning to the WWE is for the paycheck. I really see no other reason why he would leave a place where he was doing exceptionally well, just to return to a company where he was never going anywhere in the first place. When he defeated John Cena and CM Punk, I loved it. But, that was then. Now, he's relegated to a jobber for the main stars and while I don't necessarily have a problem with that, I still don't see any point in him losing continuously. He should at least pick up some victories over other Mid-Card wrestlers from time to time, otherwise all the build-up only makes guys like John Cena and CM Punk more unbelievable. Here's a guy that was beating top stars and then all of a sudden can't even win a match against Tyson Kidd? That's just stupid. Yes, he's not over with the fans and that is the main trigger that has brought Tensai to his knees, but come on, for a man that size, he should be able to take down some competition. Also, one thing that has been bothering me about Tensai for a while now has been the fact that he doesn't seem to use a permanent finisher. It used to be that sit-out choke bomb or "baldo bomb" but he started using the claw STO and then a simple senton all in rotation. What the hell? As soon as his push stops, he quits doing the green mist and double underhook suplex? Nothing makes sense anymore.

As Albert... I enjoyed his work in WWE.

As any other iteration ... I can't stand him. Mostly due to his awful ring attire. It's just unnecessary. Put some pants on. Put a shirt on (at least he has shaved his body unlike the hairy mammoth he was just before he left WWE). Then maybe people could stop diverting their eyes every two seconds when he's in the ring because he is not at all compelling to look at.

I have a hard time understanding what it takes to be considered worthy of the creative team's full faith.

Did Tensai really fail? No. Imagine if after Cena's fued with Angle he was suddenly designated as a stepping stone for Orton and Masters while only managing to achieve Paul Roma status. It could have happened, Cena respected both of them, and we would likely blame him for his being abandoned to the mid-card.

Exposure is everything, and any moron can be presented every week as an inhuman beast with no empathy. Creative decided to go the route where he comes across as a monster, but is clumsy and gives up wins to guys like Tyson Kidd. They could have pushed Tyson Kidd after his win over Tensai, but they threw him into a go nowhere tag team with Justin Gabriel.

It seems like Albert had no say in the direction of his character and like a good soldier just goes out there and does what he's told. The faith of the creative department is only given to those who management likes for idiotic reasons.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

I have to say something else.

We as fans like to feel that we are of a higher level of insight than the next guy. We enjoy believing that when a wrestler loses his momentum and becomes stale, it's for their lack of ability and our keen recognition of that.

When the WWE decides to push someone, they often lie to themselves about why they're pushing a certain person. Ideally, even for them, an individual will be granted higher status on tv because of their ability to push merchandise and sell tickets. Truthfully, they push (or don't push) people for their associations and if they share a gym with HHH.

They had a vision with Tensai and when it was time to take that gimmick to the next level, they choked.

Our opinion of the show is spoon fed to us and we're rarely aware of this. Even if Matt failed and that was the reason for the fall of his character, other guys have been allowed to fail many times over in an effort to connect with fans and they would keep getting belts and air time.

I honestly can't think of a legitimate reason for the WWE to back down after putting so much faith into the Tensai character.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

Honestly I think it's obvious his career is already flushed down the toilet. When he re-debuted he got some surprising wins over Cena and Punk, hell they were even planning on pushing him into a WWE Title feud with CM Punk. Before that could happen however they realized he just was not getting over with the crowd no matter what he did he received little to no reaction. To me his current move set is stiff, dull and boring, I believe his move set as A-Train/Albert was better and more exciting. Though I did enjoy his match with Sheamus on an episode of Smackdown a couple months ago.

I don't know if I would say Tensai's career is flushed down the toilet but it's certainly hit a dead end. The only reason we ever see him appear on television anymore is to be a jobber to the stars. That's not exactly the worst thing ever, mind you. He did make Ryback look more legit than ever last Friday. And we've seen other wrestlers like Mark Henry turn their failing careers around before. Of course, Tensai is certainly no Mark Henry. At least Henry could hold his own on the mic whereas I don't recall Tensai speaking once since his return.

As Albert... I enjoyed his work in WWE.

As any other iteration ... I can't stand him. Mostly due to his awful ring attire. It's just unnecessary. Put some pants on. Put a shirt on (at least he has shaved his body unlike the hairy mammoth he was just before he left WWE). Then maybe people could stop diverting their eyes every two seconds when he's in the ring because he is not at all compelling to look at.

I think that those rubber pants of his are perfect, seeing as he looks like a huge freaky man-baby, dosed up on a huge sugar rush, that has gone mad with a Sharpie on his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back