• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will RVD Ever Return To The WWE?

TBH, I would have to be the second biggest RVD mark on the forums. I would love to see him return, but after the WWE coming down on the Drug user's I can't see it happening. He don't need the money and if he continues doing what he does now he will be happy. because as far as i know they don't drug test you for random appearences.

But if the WWE loosens up with the Dope rules I could see him coming back. and Going far. He is super over with the crowds and has a lot of potential to become WWE champion without getting suspended.

It's kind of a 50/50 chance.... I think it all depends on how much he actually does love wrestling.
He knows any company he went to looking for a job would probably offer him a contract on the spot. But it's whether his personal life allows him to return.

His wife could die, heaven forbid. But truth be told, if that's how it ends, he simply might not recover, cause that can be one hell of a trauma.
Jeff Jarrett was a very rare case, he thought the company needed him so he got it together and kept moving. It might not be te same with RVD.
Although if she does recover 100%, I'm sure he'd probably celebrate by going to WWE and signing a big fat contract.

But I, like most people would simply love to see him back. He's still got a godo few years left in him and perhaps a world title run or two... Plus i've always wanted to see RVD headline a Wrestlemania for some reason... It just sounds good.

When did RVD leave on good terms? He was at the highest peak in his career (having held the ECW and WWE titles together) and pissed it all away when him and Sabu got arrested in Ohio for possession. Vince was livid and Sabu was wished well in his future endeavors and immediately after we saw RVD drop both titles and was gone out of the wrestling picture. I don't know if he was "fired" at that point in time but the timing was awfully coincidental and hasn't been back since. Plus the shoot interviews on Vince possibly couldn't help the situation any, unless they are willing to make amends. WWE has recently came out as well and said that they are imposing stricter penalties on performers who test positive for marijuana... basically they are not just overlooking that anymore. That couldn't possibly be a good sign for Mr. Monday Night Cannabis

The problem is that he is 38, and with the high-flying style he uses, his big earning years will soon be over. RVD might do better to come back now and gain some financial security for his family before taking the time for himself that he so desperately seems to want.

His situation makes me think of Ken Shamrock, who had it made with WWE but decided he wanted to spend his prime years in MMA (or wherever the hell he was). Okay, you can respect his spending his career the way he wanted, but now that he's pretty much finished as an ultimate fighter, I've wondered if he ever approached WWE about coming back, only to learn that he's regarded as too old and that they are no longer interested in him.

The same might apply to RVD. If he continues to stay away from wrestling, WWE might not want him by the time he's ready to return. It may be better for him to suck it up and earn the big bucks while he still can.

RvD probably will not come back he already accomplished wat he set out to do in his career he has no reason to come back though i would LOVE to see him come back cause he isone of my favorite of all time, and the reason he took off from wrestling and needed time for himself is cause his wife has Cancer and hes spending the time with her which is very understandable.. but we can probably look foward to seein him make special appearences every once in a while cause he is on very good terms with the WWE

Triple H said it best in a RAW promo (and I'm paraphrasing here):

You are a gross underachiever. For all your athleticism, for all your cool moves, for all your great talent and ability, you're not gonna amount to a damn thing in this business.

The environment in the WWE is (I'm assuming) very competitive right now based on their 'roster' size. There are at least ten guys who are qualified to main event, and to hold major titles. There are at least ten other guys waiting to break through. Unless RVD returned just to put over those looking to break through, I could see no other use for him.
And unless he really needs the exposure, I couldn't see a return benefiting RVD.

I think RVDs doing what Jericho did back a few years ago and is having a few years off and then going to make the huge return in a few years time

like i think it was time RVD had a break from the ring like his wife had cancer and hed never been off of television at any point of his WWE career so he deserved a nice break

As much as I hate to say this, I don't think it will ever happen. He just turned 38 years old and has alot of pet projects he appears to be tangled up with right now. He's not exactly a spring chicken anymore and he has accomplished everything there is to accomplish in the wrestling world. Not to mention his wife is still fresh into the recovery stage from cancer, so I'm sure much of his energies has been devote to supporting and caring for her.
I think we will be seing RVD make an appearance from time to time as he has been doing. But I am no longer keeping my fingers crossed for a full time return to the ring.

I would be more firm in believing Rob Van Dam would end up in T.N.A. due to the lighter schedule, then he would in W.W.E. again. If he went to T.N.A., he'd only have every other week to shoot their iMPACT! tapings, and he'd likely get a very relaxed road schedule, because he's a big enough name that they wouldn't care.

That being said, I'm sure W.W.E. is in a position to where they'd give him a similar enough deal to just come and go in single storylines that'd last a month, or less.

If what RVDgurl said is true, then his full-time Wrestling days are vastly over as far as I can see. If he's a Family man, and I'm sure he is, his position now is next to his Wife at this time. Cancer is a bitch, and even if it's taken care of, unfortunately it can always return. So until they're comfortable with him being back on the road, away from her.. it's likely not gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back