• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will RVD Ever Return To The WWE?

PlayTheGame

The Cerebral Assassin
So we all know that RVD likes to make special appearances with the WWE now and again, such as at the R.R., and whenever he does, he gets HUGE, and I mean HUGE, pops, some of the biggest of the night. RVD is entertaining in the ring, is way over, and could really freshen up the WWE and its World Title scene if he was brought in (how many other guys could really be put back into the WWE overnight and be legit World Title contenders that are extremely over? Not too many...). So, what do you guys think, do you think he will ever return to the WWE for good? I mean, he left on such a high note (just winning his first WWE Championship, and winning the ECW Championship, being the first man to ever hold both titles at once) and is still LOVED by the fans. I, for one, would absolutely love for RVD to return- he was at the prime of his popularity and still has alot of gas left in the tank.

Yes, he will return at some point. For how long, I dunno.

His appearance at this years R.R. is a good sign, as that must mean he is still on good terms with WWE. I think when he is ready to make a return the door will be open, the WWE have probably told him as much.

He probably just wants some time off from it, but if wrestling and performing is truely what he loves doing, then i'm sure he'll feel that itch to return to the ring one more time. If he does return, it'll probably be another short spurt though, maybe a year or two.

I def. think he'd be great to have back though, his matches are always good and although his mic. skills are lacking his in-ring work is fun to watch.

The only problem with him coming back is that I dont think he really liked Vince and his strictness. There might be a few personal problems between them, as RVD has spoken opnely about his distain for VKM (if you want examples, go to youtube and try searching for RVD/Jeff Meacham Interview). I mean, I know Vince would love to have him back, but I just dont know if RVD would want to return on a full-time basis, it seems he might be content with just sporadic appearances. But, I hope he does come back, cuz I sure miss seeing him in the ring.

RVD will come back full time when he can stay married to "mary jane" and not have to get divorced from her. RVD is very vocal about it and why not, there isn't anyone else on the either of the rosters that can do what he does but a handful of people and there ALL CRUISERWEIGHTS

He'll return when he's ready, and probably after his wife gets completely rid of her cancer.

Thats a quality post right there! :thumbsup:

And I totally forgot about the thing with RVD and McMahon, I never really kept up with that and don't have much info on that situation.

But if theres one thing McMahon is all about, it's business. If RVD is good for business, any animosity between the two can and will be worked out, and if you ask me RVD is good business. I'd love to see him return for the MITB this year, I would mark out hardcore for that.

If Vinny Mac and Bret Hart can reconcile somewhat, then i'm sure RVD's comments about him in an interview one time won't be enough to have the MacDaddy hold any grudge against him.. well, he might bury him upon any return.

i do think that RVD will comeback some day down the line maybe next year, his wife recovery was one of the main reasons he left the company in the first place, proof of that is that he dasnt gone and wrestled for any other company , the animosity between vinnie mac and RVD can be overlooked by both simply by the love for wrestling of rvd and the love for mooooney of vinnie mac.

i do think that RVD will comeback some day down the line maybe next year, his wife recovery was one of the main reasons he left the company in the first place, proof of that is that he dasnt gone and wrestled for any other company , the animosity between vinnie mac and RVD can be overlooked by both simply by the love for wrestling of rvd and the love for mooooney of vinnie mac.

Basically what I said, just reworded.

I can see no reason why RVD wouldn't come back. He's a great wrestler.Decent on the mic (limited but not bad).He's one of the more exciting competitors to ever lace up a pair of boots.Plus he would fit on any of wwe's three brands.Hell he'd even fit in TNA.Which is another reason Vince needs to snag him back up.To prevent him from actually doing something in TNA.Because Lashley and RVD are the only former WWE talents I would advise TNA try to snag right now. So yes RVD and WWE a match made in heaven.

It would be awesome to have him back, and contending for a world title would be sick! He's exciting to watch and one that you can really tell loves the business. WWE would be smart to get him back before TNA has a crack, they probably already have though lol.

Of course he will return. Right now, like Jericho did, RVD is just going through a break. I believe it is the best thing for him and will prolong his life by a few years by doing this instead of going head on for many years straight. Getting a break really revitalizes the body and the mind and will only proceed to make RVD a better competitor. RVD is taking care of business at home right now. I say let him take as long as he needs and when he wants to come back, the door is open.

R.V.D. left the WWE on good terms, so I think that a return would not be completely out of the question. I also heard R.V.D. say that he is for the idea of also going to TNA. He took time off in order to help his wife with her chemotherapy, but if I remember carefully, I think that now his wife is cancer-free. So he could very well return to WWE as long as he feels he is ready to return.

RVD will return to the WWE simply if he want's to. I don't think he "really" need the money and if he doesn't want to come back he won't. Obviously the WWE would be willing to take him back in an instant seeing how he is very over with the fans but I guess only time will tell.

I think RVD still loves the business but he just needed a break. You can tell that he still enjoys it when he makes his special appearances so I think the love of the business will get him back into it. Also the money won't hurt and I think RVD still has some more things to accomplish.

But RVD unlike people like HHH or Flair who seem(or seemed)concerned on making sure they get many title reigns and futher cementing there place in wrestling history RVD just doesn't seem the type so if he come back it will be for the money and/or for the love of the business(not saying guys like HHH & Flair don't love the business).

I don't know. It all depends on what RVD wants and what Vince wants. If the money and push are there I believe RVD will return. But if not, I don't think he has a problem with special appearances and indy bookings. More than likely RVD doesn't want a full time schedule, I believe he is getting up there in age, and the man always takes a beating because that's his style of wrestling. I am not an RVD fan, nor would I care if he returns or not, but I believe if an opportunity comes along you'll see him in a WWE ring full time, or at least on a part time schedule.

I went to a Q and A session thingy with RVD and Christy Hemme and he said that wrestling is his passion and that he would definitely return to wrestling some day. He also didn't show much interest when Christy Hemme tried to convince him to join her in TNA. Stupid bitch.

He will return to the WWE, it is just a matter of when!!!

If he comes back depends on if his wifes cancers clears, but if he does then i dont think he would get burnt out too soon because hes had plenty of time off.
I personally hope he does and I think he would be an instant heavyweight championship contender.

You know RVD is the reason why I started to watch ECW back in the days when Paul Heyman had owned it. I had always liked RVD matches in ECW especially with Jerry Lynn.

But ever since the real ECW went out of business, I see how the WWE treat the originals. I love RVD but I remember reading somewhere that he won't return to wrestling unless they find a cure for cancer which hes wife has.

But I really wanted RVD to go to TNA because I believe he will fit perfectly there and I always wanted to see RVD VS AJ Styles

not as long as the WWE and america are against marij. I don't see him coming back.

I doubt that RVD is the only guy to smoke marijuana in the WWE.

He wouldn't really have to quit, he'd just have to tone it down, and if he likes wrestling so much then that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Is smoking weed more important than doing the thing you love.. or is smoking weed THE thing he loves?

It's like the whole Ricky Williams situation, maybe he'll go to Africa, become broke, and have to quit smoking in order to get paid by wrestling again.

I went to a Q and A session thingy with RVD and Christy Hemme and he said that wrestling is his passion and that he would definitely return to wrestling some day. He also didn't show much interest when Christy Hemme tried to convince him to join her in TNA. Stupid bitch.

He will return to the WWE, it is just a matter of when!!!

How long ago was this, and where did it take place?

No offense, but you only have 4 posts, so I tend to be skeptical of this "Q&A Session" that you "saw".

I do think he will return at some point. He knows he is a commodity. He knows the fans love him. I just think he wanted a serious break from the grind that is WWE. But who knows. If he decides to come back he might not come back with the WWE. It might be with TNA. I'm sure WWE or TNA would love to have RVD on their roster. I think it's only a matter of time before we see Rob Van Dam in the ring again fulltime.

I really do hope RVD comes back to wrestling full time. I loved his "comeback" at the Royal Rumble. He actually got alot of time for a one time appearance so I thought he might of came back. RVD was great to the WWE and WWE rewarded him with several titles like the WWE,ECW,IC and tag team championship titles to name a few. He was really essientual ( I think you spell it like that) to the roster on Raw and SD but mostly Raw. He defently helped out alot like helping the tag team division and came in the IC hunt when needed. If he did come back you could send him to ECW again to help out there or you could just make him help the tag division.

All I think he needed was a rest from WWE and he got it. Lets hope he comes back and did what he did before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back