• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Mysterio get to Wrestlemania?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muxiroger

Dark Match Winner
I just got done watching Raw and a thought just came to my mind. Rey Mysterio missed his chance to qualify for MITB and he doesn't have a program going right now. With him being one of Raw's big babyfaces wouldn't it be prudent for WWE to put him in mania.

The only way I see this possible right now is a match between him and the new IC champ JBL. They both need an opponent for Wrestlemania and this could be a good match if Layfield could wrestle worth a damn. I just want to know if there's something I'm missing or if this is the most possible outcome.

There is the tribrand battle royal on ECW. Maybe he will win that and still qualify for MITB

I called him fighting JBL for IC title a couple of days ago, but with JBL in the tag team match next week there is less and less time to build up a proper feud. It will still probably happen though as there is no Raw face left for him to go up against, but the build up won't be good.

He'll be in MITB. Please please dont put him with JBL. These 2 would put on a crappy match, neither could carry the other. I really hope he's in MITB, it suits him alot more than another crappy little fued for the IC tite.

I don't know if he'll be in the battle royal, they didn't even mention him on the advertisement and he's a big draw to the younger crowd.

What tag match was he put in for next week? I saw his spot with Vickie after his match and I only heard she wanted him to do something.

Most likely it'll be JBL vs Mysterio. While I'm not in the slightest bit looking forward to that match, as both JBL AND Mysterio are two people that I just cannot stand watching due to Mysterio being a walking "suspension of disbelief"-mobile and JBL being a walking talentless tub of lard, they're both boring as hell to me (unless Mysterio is up against someone his own size who doesn't just fall victim to "I should fall down in 619 position but I would never do that in a match that didn't involve Mysterio" fridge-logic).

Here's hoping if they do in fact waste time on that junk, it's a 2 minute match and Mysterio walks out the IC champ.

Honestly, who cares? Rey, in my opinion, sucks. His in ring ability has gone down hill and his gimmick is boring. His finisher is one of the worst i have seen. I used to have some respect for him. Maybe if he would do something new. Turn heel, that would be great. Until then, he is a nobody. I think the WWE needs to turn some of the faces in the company heel (Rey, Cena, Michaels). When was the last time we saw any of them heel? Quite a while! To stay on the topic, Rey does not deserve to go to Wrestlemania. Maybe he can might in a dark match against Knox.

Mysterio is terrible and he doesn't deserve to be in WM25 - he needs to go to Smackdown so I don't have to watch him anymore. But you all are right - for some reason I see him vs. JBL for the IC Belt . . .I refuse to even watch the match.

I don't think he'll get the shot at JBL's new IC Title. I'm kind of thinking it'll be someone "new" going for it, just so they can fit in on the big show. There hasn't been any announcement yet on who will be in the "Brand Supremacy" match, and I think that's where he'll fall in.

Being one of the top faces in the company, he'll have a match at WrestleMania. We know it. I can't figure out who it'll be against, but I'll stick with him being in the RAW v. SD match. Smackdown has a few good mid-card heels who could put on a good show with Rey.

The only match on the card that Mysterio had any business of being in is the MitB match simply because of all the high spots that always take place during the match. Any other match involving Rey and I will pass.

another rey vs mike knox match is what i guess rey fans are hoping for. little rey rey will not get a match at mania. and all the kids with tickets and their masks are so upset that this overweight luchador can't get on the biggest show of the year, maybe he can go for the ecw title, or against jbl, but jbl won't lose to rey at mania, so why bother.

perhaps Vickie's favor for JBL is to have JBL face Chavo, who is billed from El Paso Texas btw, so it is a Texas v. Texas theme

ii would like to see mysterio go up against evan bourne at wrestlemania with him returning next week on ECW.
i hope bourne challenges him to a match next week when he returns and they have an eppic one at the big dance ;p

did u ever possibly think sense jbl and kozlov are teamin up next week that they have a cross brand match and Jbl vs Kozlov with the title on the line and kozlov comin over to raw that could happen and just might be a good I.c. title match for Wm 25 just a thought.

I'm sure Rey Mysterio will somehow get a match at Wrestlemania, If he's on the battle royal on ECW, he could win that & get into the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Wrestlemania. If he's not or doesnt win the battle royal, He can start a feud with JBL for IC title & have a match against him at Wrestlemania.

first off, you dont have to like the guy, but to say Rey sucks and doesnt DESERVE to go to wrestlemania is a bunch of crap. I dont know how any of you guys can honestly say he should not be there (in comparsion to someone like say Mark Henry)

so hell yes, he deserve to be on the card, and even if you dont like him he'll always be one of the top 3 or 4 faces on any brand he's on (he's kind of like Kane in my opinion in that he can be pushed up or down as needed or better yet when needed)

the best fit for him would be against JBL for the championship at Mania, Rey needs a match and while their styles contrast could still be entertaining if done right, plus the 2 names alone bring credibility to the title (even if you dont like either, and I do agree that JBL is not very good in ring).

That and there is no better match for JBL out there, what other face would he face, and it will not be jbl vs kozlov, I dont know how someone could say that match would be better than with rey, that match would be the ultimate wrestlemania stinker if it were occur (plus if you read jbl's leaked promo he was suppose to say a match for the ic ala steamboat, which would suggest a smaller wrestler)

Either i think Rey Mysterio could still face JBL will a little build up in the weeks we still have left, or JBL vs Vladamir Kozlov and see JBL go "babyface"
(Kozlov makes JBL mad in the match and JBL hits him and there you go, you have a clash match for Smackdown vs Raw of heavyweights for Raw's IC Title)

(and to anyone that's hoping to see Rey Mysterio win the ECW Tri-Brand Rumble, Christian is winning that) so you can add Christian to the WM25 Money In The Bank match, and one last person from Smackdown this week.

how can people say rey is boring to watch your telling me john cena , big show, mark henrey, valdimar kozlov and kane are better in ring wrestlers then rey you all need your heads testing.

of course rey needs to be on the card at wrestlemania he is the only guy in the wwe at the moment who does high flying moves a part from evan bourne the only reason the raw elimation chamber was 5 stars was because of rey and edge and you cant say rey does the same moves over and over again because every wrestler in the wwe does that and no one slags them off.

the next thing people on the internet will be writing is that miz is better then rey mysterio but to get back to the point i think it should be rey mysterio vs jbl ic title because thair is'nt anyone else who can make jbl look good at wrestlemania and i think with the two different styles of wrestling they could put on a good match and make the ic title worth alot more then it is right now and another thing did'nt everyone on the internet say how much they was looking forward to watching cm punk vs rey mysterio at armergedden and how much they was looking forward to watching edge vs rey mysterio at royal rumble 2008 its just funny how people change thair minds very quickly on wrestlers and call the good in ring wrestlers shit to watch but the same 5 moves wrestlers exciting to watch

mysterio will be at mania but 99% not in the money in the bank match unless theres a big cretive swerve (also very unlikly)

im not sure how he will be there myself but the only logical matches at the moment would be between jbl or possibly jack swagger at maina for ecw title as he needs someone to work with also.

the jbl situation may be more complicated as maybe it could be r-truth in a smackdown vs raw match again and put the us title on truth (but not a title match just a typical champ vs champ match)

if they do what the did last year with the ecw batltle royal and rey rey wins that then thats a good excuse to get him a match wih no build up.

but the card is filling up fast and mysterio has little time left.......

I think the tag match between JBL & Kozlov vs. HBK & Taker will set up an IC Title Match. Kozlov obviously wont be involved in HBK vs. Undertaker. So where does that leave him? Mysterio could fight JBL, but they aren't really leaving themselves anytime to set up a program. WrestleMania is sneeking up here and the card still isn't filling. Is it just me or are they kind of forgetting to do this. I would have thought they would fill the whole card weeks before to allow time to set up great fueds. That is what has made WrestleMania the attraction that it is.

hopefully they want discrase wrestlemania by putting rey mysterio in it MIDGETS have no place in wrestling jbl vs kozlov would be much better atleast they are heavyweights and can call thereselves wrestling the term wrestling is fake really took a new meaning when mysterio came out to have a punk ass litlle boy like that beat someone like kane or mike knox NOW THAT IS JUST PLAIN FAKE THERE IS NO FUN OR ENTERTAINMENT IN THAT HE IS LIKE TNE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD THE ONLY REASON HE IS AROUND IS BECAUSE OF THE KIDS MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE HE IS THE SAME SIZE THEY ARE

for some reason i think jbl is gonna face kozlov at wm. the only way rey is goin is if he face jericho or mike knox. rey vs mike knox will not b a great match but at least it gets them on the card

Unless Rey's in MITB I think Rey would face 1 of these 3 men:

JBL- an IC title match FINALLY at WM makes the most sense plus they both need opponents they do have a few weeks to build their feud up

Mike Knox- Because of their history this would also make sense however we can always see this match on RAW.

Jack Swagger- The most unlikely of the 3 but I saw him because now wtih Christian in MITB plus Finlay who else does he have left to face? Tommy Dreamer I'd hope but doubt that will happen.

Honestly, who cares? Rey, in my opinion, sucks. His in ring ability has gone down hill and his gimmick is boring. His finisher is one of the worst i have seen. I used to have some respect for him. Maybe if he would do something new. Turn heel, that would be great. Until then, he is a nobody. I think the WWE needs to turn some of the faces in the company heel (Rey, Cena, Michaels). When was the last time we saw any of them heel? Quite a while! To stay on the topic, Rey does not deserve to go to Wrestlemania. Maybe he can might in a dark match against Knox.

rey heel would be the worst thing of all time! what would he do ? the 619 from hell? hes to small and he is not capable of pulling off anything thats needed to be a quality heel. all that him been heel would accomplish is making 8 year olds everywhere cry. he will fight jbl at mania!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back