• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Jeff Hardy Ever get his momentum back?

Fuel The Fire

Getting Noticed By Management
Ok so before Jeff hardy left the wwe , he was at the peak of his career. He was going to be one of the biggest guys in the wwe and vince was willing to pay him the big bucks if I remember right before he left.

In my opinion ever since he jumped to tna.. He pretty much just fucked him self over. The way the have been using him has just be plain shit. For some stupid reason on the I believe it was the first time wwe and tna go head to head on Monday night and he had a run it and got a really good pop. "But it was stupid to bring him in as it did nothing really"
But not they have him and its like he lost any kind of momentum from that first appearance on the special show against wwe and any kind of momentum he had from when he left wwe.

My question is do you guys think he can ever get that back? Even if he leaves tna and goes back to wwe "i don't think vince would take him back now"
I don't know if the fans will be behind him as much as they where before. Another question is, will he ever get as much merchandise sales as he did with the wwe?
Is it just me or did TNA really drop the ball with Jeff hardy?

I don't watch tna on a regular basis but from what I have been reading from other people is that he is in a tag team. The shows that I do watch, I've noticed he just doesn't get the same reaction anymore.
Jeff Hardy has proven to us when he was in the wwe that he can handle the main event status.
So with this being said. Can Jeff hardy ever get his momentum back that he once had in the wwe and bring that into tna?

Jeff Hardy is set to compete for the TNA world title this sunday. I think he's doing ok by that count. Also people need to stop with this "OMG Jeff Hardy and Ken Anderson in a tag team" how many matches as a team have they had? 1? 2? It's a storyline involving Anderson pulling one over on Hardy and with the possibility that Anderson walks away with the title it'll probably lead to Hardy chasing him for it.

As for your question Jeff Hardy has his "momentum" he's a main eventer in TNA. If you're asking will Jeff Hardy bring in thousands of viewers then chances are no, but he's still getting cheered. His appearance at Lockdown got a great reaction and I'd say that come Bound For Glory people will be cheering just as much as any WWE crowd.

I don't understand, what momentum has he lost? He's in the main event in TNA, and he's set to compete for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship this Sunday at Victory Road.

If you ask me, you can't compare what he's done in the WWE (especially as his last run was ending) with what he's performed in TNA, man – you're comparing two entirely different animals just because they're both animals.

First of all; he didn't have any momentum - he was past the stage of having momentum. If you wanna describe it correctly he was on the cusp of the biggest wave anyone WWE has had since before 2000. Did he capitalize on that? I wouldnt say so - he left before he really transitioned onto that stage.

As for his current status in TNA, from a creative stand point; did you really expect TNA to throw the weight of the company behind a guy who could quite feasibly be serving a jail sentence within a year of signing for them?! Yes, yes, I know his lawyer said its not very probable that will happen and most of the "experts" (as with anything wrestling related, there's plenty) agree that the charges are trumped up. Still, pretty big risk to take. Lotta money at stake - might be peanuts compare to the E - but fuck me, its still millions you wanna bet on this guy who, lets face it, is about as reliable as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Can he get back on track to becoming a legitimate major star in wrestling? Fuck yes - hes still Jeff Hardy.

Will he? Personally I dont think the people running TNA have any clue what to do with a Jeff Hardy. I have no evidence to back this up, its just what I think. I'm sure (and I hope - god, do I hope) that once he's free and clear of his troubles, that TNA will prove me wrong.

Agree with Jack 100% Had Hardy not had a possible jail sentence hanging over him i have no doubt's he be TNA champ already.I will be surprised if he ever gets the title with the possibility of him going to jail hanging over him.As soon as hes in the all clear i think its safe to say hell be given a Title run.

No, as long as hardy is in tna, he won't have any momentum. They don't no how to utilize him and tna just isn't established enough. If hardy went back to wwe before to long or to late, he would still have his huge following, but the longer he waits, the fewer his fan base will be.

No, as long as hardy is in tna, he won't have any momentum. They don't no how to utilize him and tna just isn't established enough. If hardy went back to wwe before to long or to late, he would still have his huge following, but the longer he waits, the fewer his fan base will be.

Jeff has not lost any momentum he's currently in the Main Event he is fighting for the Heavyweight championship on Sunday at Victory Road. He is also in serious legal trouble and he might have to serve jail time, So would Tna give him a big push and make him champion if his future is uncertain. If he did not have any legal troubles he would be getting a huge push right now. Do you know how much Tna would be ridiculed if he was champion then he had to go to jail. So no he has not lost momentum or any fans and he is were should be giving his current legal trouble

Personally I think to compare the two is unfair. For one, WWE has a bigger crowd because of how long they've been in existence. A larger crowd gives a greater feel to a person like Hardy. That plays a huge factor in how you perceive who's over with the crowd, especially with a guy who wrestles the way Hardy does, relying heavily on high spots.

I attended lockdown this past year and seriously the whole night people wouldn't stop talking about how they just wanted Jeff Hardy to come out already. Certainly some time has passed since then, but I don't think much has changed. People love seeing Hardy do insane stunts....always have, always will.

As for his momentum within the company...despite being at risk to be in prison in the future, he's still fighting for the World title at Victory Road. I'd say that shows that Jeff is always gonna be over with the crowd because of how insane some of the stuff he does and has done, and that's why no matter how many times he's messed up, he always has a job.

Jeff didn't lose any momentum, he's just fighting in smaller arenas and being held back a bit by his trial.

It's true he's still a top talent in TNA, but in my opinion I don't think he's performed at the level he has in the past since joining TNA. When he first got there his promos were shit and his ring work was sloppy. Then again he is facing prison that has to be hard on him and on his mind constantly.He does seem to be getting close to his old self lately.

Jeff Hardy is a top guy in TNA and could very well win the world title at victory road or maybe a little later down the road. They did not drop the ball with Jeff hardy I thin they r moving him right along just fine they had a choice to give the belt to him or RVD and they went with RVD but i would not be surprised at all if Jeff wins the belt by the end of 2010

and if he would go back to WWE at any point the fans would welcome him back with open arms, The smart ones would any way

Jeff will get his momentum back.

TNA dare not push him too much now because of the court case he is involved in right now, and that's pretty logical. You wouldn't want your world champion to be thrown inside the jail the next day after winning it wouldn't you?

Jeff is one of the most popular wrestler in the whole roster and I hope TNA will be smart enough to make use of that once he's clear.

Also, WWE will definitely take Jeff back. Money is all that matters to Vince and Jeff brings him lots of money. He might deter to the Christian path for a while but he'll certainly go back to the main event after some time.

Jeff has not lost any momentum he's currently in the Main Event he is fighting for the Heavyweight championship on Sunday at Victory Road. He is also in serious legal trouble and he might have to serve jail time, So would Tna give him a big push and make him champion if his future is uncertain. If he did not have any legal troubles he would be getting a huge push right now. Do you know how much Tna would be ridiculed if he was champion then he had to go to jail. So no he has not lost momentum or any fans and he is were should be giving his current legal trouble

Bottomline he has lost a lot of steam, no i'm not a lawyer but money talks and hardy will pay it and get off light, like every other celebrity so don't blame it on his legal issues. Also if u watch a hardy wwe match and a hardy tna match, u will clearly see the difference. He's much lazier in tna, he's not into his opponent in tna, and botches alot in tna, hell his music even sucks. He needs to go back where he will put forth his best effort and actually do big things, that wont happen in tna!

I wouldn't say Hardy's lost steam but he seems, relaxed. His performances aren't up there with those he was putting on in WWE. It might be long-term injury related, it might be his mind is pre-occupied with his legal troubles or it might be that he's coasting in TNA. I really have no idea. He's still over and even an average Jeff Hardy is more competent then most others. I'll judge him after his legal issues are resolved as then there's nothing to stop TNA getting him right up to the top. Of course if he doesn't end up there then, yes, there'd be issues within TNA about that me thinks.

Going back to a really good idea that IDR had, what's to say that TNA hasn't planned for Anderson to do the monthly Russo swerve turn at Victory Road, win the title and end up setting up Hardy Vs Anderson for the TNA title at Bound For Glory (if Jeff's legal stuff is sorted by then). Would make sense from a long term standing and hopefully being a world title match would mean they'd both atone for the "mehhhh" match they last had on PPV

Bottomline he has lost a lot of steam, no i'm not a lawyer but money talks and hardy will pay it and get off light, like every other celebrity so don't blame it on his legal issues. Also if u watch a hardy wwe match and a hardy tna match, u will clearly see the difference. He's much lazier in tna, he's not into his opponent in tna, and botches alot in tna, hell his music even sucks. He needs to go back where he will put forth his best effort and actually do big things, that wont happen in tna!

Yeah... nah. Did you not watch Hardy vs RVD? Or Hardy vs Anderson? Or Hardy vs Anderson vs Abyss? Those are all good matches. If you can provide evidence to your claims I'd love to see it. So your point is rather lacking here.

I just wanna say that just because somebody is in the main event or has a title shot, that doesn't mean they have momentum. Great example (sorry for the WWE reference) is Kozlov back in 2008. He was in the main event, doesn't mean he deserved it. Hardy is probably there because people bitch he isn't being used properly.

On to the subject, I do think he is losing his star power. I used to see people wearing his shirts all the time in public. And now I don't. Not even his old WWE shirts. What Jeff needs to do is take some time off, maybe a year or two. Get things straightened out and come back better than ever. I realize his age will probably hinder most of what he does by that time though. He'd still be fairly young, in his 30s... but look at what he does. His body can't take much more and he needs to relax it.

He never has lost it, the only thing holding him back from holding the TNA World title i the trial he currently has..

Sure he was at the top of Mt. Everest when he was the "E", he held the WWE champion, and then the World title twice, maybe not the most memorable, but he made WWE a lot of money in his last year in the "E"...

Now he is in TNA, sure 1 man can't bring viewers(i think kurt brought in like a million), but as time goes by and his trial comes to an end, I don't think VKM will want him back, so he is likely to stick to TNA, he will be at the top of TNA as well, maybe come the end of the year...

Lost momentum? You know damn well he would have gotten shoved back down the card in WWE eventually. They always teased big pushes for him then pulled the rug out of underneath him every time. He'll be able to hold more momentum in TNA than he would in the WWE in my opinion. TNA will keep him at the top of the card for his entire tenure. Besides, people would cheer him no matter where he's at on the card, look at Matt.

short answer; yes. Jeff Hardy has lost his momentum.

he had his biggest moments in the WWE. his world title win against Edge and Triple H was epic. in fact, his mini feud with Triple H was pretty good that year prior. you know it's a pretty big deal if Triple H gives you the push and you don't work out with him. and that's what happened. plus, Edge is like a golden boy there; super loyal to WWE, great worker in the ring and on the stick, etc. so for Hardy to win the title in a match that also involved those two is a pretty big deal.
following that title win was a very respectable feud with his brother Matt with several gimmick matches that were exciting and intense to watch.
then Jeff chased the title that Edge held for a good feud. and finally, after winning it again, he got cheated by CM Punk.
this was the best feud in the careers of both men to date. CM Punk's heel turn was one of the biggest deals of the decade and has been one of the greatest characters, heels and gimmicks for a long time in the WWE. and Jeff was a part of that.

i like what he's doing in TNA right now. i think the Anderson/Hardy team and teased furthering of the original feud is great. but it's not on the same level as what he was doing in WWE. and i'm not talking about the audience size. a place that holds 6,000 people and is sold out looks and feels just as impressive to me as a place that holds 30,000 people and is sold out. sold out is sold out. still great energy. and sometimes with the smaller arenas and audiences, there is that certain "personal" and "intimate" feel that is difficult to explain but impossible to deny that is super awesome. so i'm not talking about audience size in any way.

back to the short answer; yes, Jeff Hardy has lost momentum from WWE to TNA. however, no, this does not mean that he can never get it back while in TNA. if he can get control of his personal demons, this guy can rebuild and continue to have a stellar career. needs a little mic work, but his in-ring work is charismatic, pun intended.

The fact is Jeff went to TNA because they would hire his "buddy" Shannon Moore. Moore has tried and failed in WWE on numerous occasions and is basically riding on Jeffs coattails.

Also, I'm ohn Jeffs facebook page and gotta say the guy is pathetic. Great wrestler but pathetic individual. Some of the stuff he writes makes me cringe! He's also way to far up Mr Andersons ass right now.

For all I care I hope Jeff stays in TNA. I hope Matt Hardy goes and joins him. They can start off their own clique, maybe get Helms there aswell, in an inferior company. Matt Hardy really sucks. He will NEVER win the World Title.

The fact is Jeff went to TNA because they would hire his "buddy" Shannon Moore. Moore has tried and failed in WWE on numerous occasions and is basically riding on Jeffs coattails.

LOL – you really think that's why Jeff Hardy went to TNA? To get his friend hired? Talk about naïvety...

Couldn't possibly be because he wanted to work a much, much lighter schedule, right? No, that's just crazy.

Also, I'm ohn Jeffs facebook page and gotta say the guy is pathetic. Great wrestler but pathetic individual. Some of the stuff he writes makes me cringe! He's also way to far up Mr Andersons ass right now.

You mean he's posting on some irrelevant social network somewhere in character?! The horror...

For all I care I hope Jeff stays in TNA. I hope Matt Hardy goes and joins him. They can start off their own clique, maybe get Helms there aswell, in an inferior company. Matt Hardy really sucks. He will NEVER win the World Title.

Glad to hear it. Go back to your WWE coloring book – be sure to stay in the lines, though! You cross them, and you're venturing into TNA territory – the inferior territory. :rolleyes:

Yeah... nah. Did you not watch Hardy vs RVD? Or Hardy vs Anderson? Or Hardy vs Anderson vs Abyss? Those are all good matches. If you can provide evidence to your claims I'd love to see it. So your point is rather lacking here.

Never siad they were terrible, but were any of those matches better than his 08 I believe it was royal rumble match vs Randy Orton. His matches vs Umaga, Brock Lesnar, Edge, Cm Punk, The Undertaker. Uh no, not even close. So yes his tna matches don't hold a candle to his wwe matches, that's my evidence. His legal shit will roll off, he just needs to go back to WWE if he's going to continue to wrestle, or he's just waisting away his talent.

Never siad they were terrible, but were any of those matches better than his 08 I believe it was royal rumble match vs Randy Orton. His matches vs Umaga, Brock Lesnar, Edge, Cm Punk, The Undertaker. Uh no, not even close. So yes his tna matches don't hold a candle to his wwe matches, that's my evidence. His legal shit will roll off, he just needs to go back to WWE if he's going to continue to wrestle, or he's just waisting away his talent.

Lesnar? Undertaker? I wouldn't really say comparing a career of almost 10 years in WWE to his current run in TNA is exactly fair, but alright. Hardy still has his momentum, and he's one of the most popular guys in TNA. The reason people like you bitch about Hardy not being the same is because you were immersed in his chase for the gold in WWE. If he was still in WWE, I can guarantee you he would be in the same spot he is in right now in TNA. He can't get pushed to the moon right now because of his real life troubles, but once that blows over, I can see Hardy having a World Title run.

Maybe if you actually watched TNA rather than just blindly bash it, you would realize Hardy is one of the top guys in TNA, even with his real life troubles. Hardy was hot in TNA during his first run in 04-06, and he's hot right now. Sorry, but just because Hardy isn't working for your favorite company doesn't mean he sucks and has no momentum.

When did he lose momentum? Furthermore, if he did lose steam, how did RVD not lose it? They debuted on the same episode and spent their time as a tag team until Lockdown. Then the next day RVD wins the TNA title. What? You wanted him to be co-champion? He's put on good matches. With RVD, Abyss, AJ Styles. He's been here for 4 months and only had 1 one on one PPV match against Ken Anderson. Just how do you judge from one performance? He's also limited the whole "jumping off a ladder" thing. Back in WWE he was doing it almost every PPV. Just how has he lost "momentum"? He's been headlining iMPACT! and has a title match this Sunday. People say his performances have been a bit lackluster. Really? It's iMPACT! Not PPV. He's been doing good enough for a TV broadcast. He hasn't had more than one PPV match that's just a one on one match. I think I said that before. Don't expect miracles when you only have 5 minutes to work a match.

There's been a lot of good points on both sides here, and I really feel the OP on what he was saying about Jeff Hardy, but this is reeeaaallly tough to call. As some have mentioned and questioned, Has he actually lost any steam? In a lot of ways yes, in some ways no. I think a more accurate statement would be that his image has suffered as a result of his legal issues, and the question might be will that image ever be restored or will his image ever recover? To that question I'd have to say no. For all his accomplishments at the end of the day when people look back and talk about Jeff Hardy I don't see how people aren't going to be saying "Oh yeah he was a good wrestler, too bad he fucked up and left the WWE only to get busted for drugs, he could have been as big as Austin." Sure, he IS in the main event in TNA so it's not like he isn't being used, he's jobbing out to everyone, and his presence is not felt. However, just because the TNA fanbase isn't as big as the WWE's it's not like he can regain the glory there that he once had in WWE.

I really wish he would have just stuck around in the "E" and let himself become whatever it was he was becoming, in short a phenomenon. I was never a fan of his but I did come to have a liking for him at the end of his WWE career, call it the last 2 years he was there. He impressed me quite a bit, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of his matches and that is what won me over. I never cared for the tattoos, the face paint, the "out there" persona or any of that, and I looked at him as a stunt double wrestler which is why I never liked him. Once I saw what he was REALLY capable of my mind was changed for me and I'm one tough ass critic.

As some would say with me "everything is a debate" and to a degree that is true. I like to look at all angles to find the truth, the pro and the con to find a higher understanding. It's not about who's right or wrong, but an attempt at looking beyond a singular view. As it pertains to Jeff Hardy at one time my singular view was that he was shit and offered nothing that I was interested in, with the help of some of my friends and their appreciation of him, and then witnessing with my own eyes his development, I came to a higher truth, that he is in fact a great wrestler and one of the most unique and popular of out time. I don't think momentum is even a question with him as he pretty much generates it wherever he is. I think the bigger question is will that momentum bear any good fruit? From the current state of things I think it's awful hard to tell. Some of that is heavily dependent on the success of TNA, and if he can make TNA more of a success by doing what he does for them. All I know is, I am coming right along for the ride and I can't wait to see how things unfold for the Charismatic Enigma.

with all the court stuff going on, for the moment No. when it is all said and done, and if he avoids jail, then yes, i believe he will for sure get that push

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back