Will Ferrell

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
The man who is possibly Comedy's Marmite. You either love or hate him.

In the past, he's done a lot of different films, shows & other appearances around the World that most people will have seen or at least heard of. However, where many may find them hilarious, there seems to always be a large group of people who are very adamant that Ferrell just ISN'T funny.

I'm on the fence with him here. A lot of things I've seen him in or things he's taken part in are very funny. But there are others I've just not got the point of. Films such as StepBrothers, The Other Guys, Talladega Nights, Austin Powers (Where he played Mustafa) & Blades Of Glory are some very funny films of his. Then there are some like Semi-Pro, which I managed to watch & just not find funny at all.

However, all in all, I would have to say I find Ferrell very funny. I'll put some clips down of things that I've seen him in, that made me laugh. His cameo in "The Goods" is possibly the best part of the whole film.

[YOUTUBE]ZKBOclc-VIY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]19gIKqUqPxc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NoXLu9Rz70g[/YOUTUBE]

I'll leave it at that, but here's a couple of questions;

What do you think about Will Ferrell/Do you find him funny?
What do you think are some of his best performances?

Will Ferrell is hilarious, but I can see why some people hate him. His style of humor is something you either really like or really hate because it just rubs some people the wrong way and they end up thinking it's stupid. He was great on SNL and during that time was one of the few reasons it was still funny. We have his SNL DVD collection and watch it every now and then for some laughs. His best movies in my opinion are The Other Guys and Step Brothers, both of which get funnier every time I watch them. The wifey would argue that Elf is his best, but I am usually biased against holiday films unless it's in the October to January timeframe. His appearance on The Office ended up being disappointing, but I usually enjoy anything that Ferrell is in.

I like Will, I think he is funny even if at times he becomes annoying. He is way funnier then Jack Black who I can't stand. Every Will Ferrell movie I watch has been pretty damn funny. He is a good actor and he is one those either like him or not. I think Step Brothers was damn funny and I finally watched it this year. Elf is good an Anchorman was just down right funny. I got a six pak from laughing so damn hard. As his best preformace to me hands down is Anchorman. Just all around funny.

Gosh, Farrell was one of those guys I used to absolute hate, but have grown to love. He first won me over with his semi-serious role in Stranger than Fiction, which ended up being one of my very favorite movies. Than of course we have cult classics like Anchor Man that nobody can avoid loving. Elf, while a kid's movie is still extremely solid and entertaining. Blades of Glory is another movie I used to HATE with a passion, but has been growing on me now that my style of humor is changing. I still think Teledega Nights is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and I pray that never changes...

The biggest complaint I hear about Ferrell is that he has no range and plays the same role in every movie. That he can't do anything but comedy. He did a movie called Stranger than Fiction that disproves this as the movie was not a comedy and he did a terrific job. If you haven't seen it check it out. I think he's hilarious probably my favorite actor of all time at least for comedy. When I'm down I watch a movie with him in it and I laugh and get in a better mood.

Anchorman, Stepbrothers, Talladega Nights, Semi Pro, Old School, Land of the Lost are all hilarious movies. Megamind wasn't bad for a animated film either.

Here are some of my favorite Will Ferrell moments.

[YOUTUBE]uLrnOYJ0Vmo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]6dTvSa1rCOY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GBsSttJsZOc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5A0-u85aAYg[/YOUTUBE]

Will Ferrell is probably the top three comedians on SNL.One of favorites with him was that what's love segment with Jim Carrey?Also Robert Goulet?Kicking and Screaming was solid as well!

He was brilliant in Step Brothers and Anchorman. My two favorite movies with him in it,

"I TEABAGGED YOUR FUCKING DRUMSET!"

Classic line.

He is definitely hit or miss. For the most part I really liked him on SNL. In terms of his movies, that's a little different. There's some movies of his that I really like and others that I think are god awful. Also when it comes to his movies his type of comedy is very one dimensional. I tend to like him better when he's either in a secondary role or if he is the star, there is another guy who is on equal footing with him in terms of being the lead in the movie.

I'm definitely a fan of Will Ferrell, i've been a fan for years and I have not seen one movie where I didn't think he was funny. I understand why people wouldn't like his comedy because he definitely has the kind of humor that would seem stupid to some but it works for me. I love all his movies but I think he shines brightest on SNL, he makes that show funnier than of the other actors(even though they're all great minus Jimmy Fallon). He's in more classic SNL skits than anyone, without him we wouldn't have the "More Cowbell skit, the "Angry Boss" skit and we wouldnt have Celebrity Jeopardy without Will.

[YOUTUBE]_W1lll5Z3Q8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]DlnObIFBCY4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]hm4ZyfhkU-8[/YOUTUBE]

Most of his stuff I love, but there are a few I don't. I didn't find Step Brothers funny at all, which a lot of people give me crap about, I also didn't like Kicking and Screaming. But other than that, most of his movies are some of my favorite comedies. Anchorman and Telledega Nights are definitely my two favorites of his. I love pretty much everything he's done on SNL. Here are some of my favorites:

I wish this were better quality, but it's hard to find SNL videos on youtube :(
[YOUTUBE]-TzfUQM7M7o&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

This is one of my favorite videos of all time, it's not really Will Ferrell's part that makes it, but he did write it, so yeah...
[YOUTUBE]xxwgoPTWty4[/YOUTUBE]

I love his George Bush impression, I wish I could have found this video on it's own without the others attached to it :/
[YOUTUBE]_Ko4tmHgQtM[/YOUTUBE]

And my last one, I had a friend (who is a girl) basically recite this scene in one of her classes that was talking about women's rights, and everyone stared at her like she was insane. Apparently they'd never seen this movie! (again sorry for the crappy quality)
[YOUTUBE]PEqgWrJ6Hf4[/YOUTUBE]

(My apologies if there are repeats, my computer is freaking out and I can't see all of the videos that the rest of you have posted :glare: )

So those are just a few of my favorite Will Ferrell moments :)

Oh, I absolutely LOVE Will Ferell. The Other Guys has become one of my favoruite coedies of all time. His comedic style, while hated by most, is one of the most suited to my comedy palate. He plays roles similar to Steve Carrell's in the office where, you probably have to have quite an immature look on life to love. Zoolander, The Other Guys, Step Brothers, Anchorman, Tallageda Nights and Semi-Pro are all classics. No, he may not be a critics favourite, but, his box office record speaks for itself. He is straight up there with comedy greats like Rowan Atkinson, John Cleese, Adam Sandler, Steve Carrell, Rob Schneider, etc...

i think will ferrell was the best snl cast member IMo i think those were his best performances. and the other guys was a great movie as well as old school. and night of roxbury where he really started his movie career.

I think that a number of SNL performers have people who really like them and people who hate them. I love Eddie Murphy, never understood Chris Farley. Loved Phil Hartman, don't like Jon Lovitz too much. I mean he reminds of Adam Sandler. Some things Sandler does, I like, somethings I just don't.

I liked Ferrell in Elf, Anchorman, Talledega Nights, etc. Some of his other films, I just hear about the plot and think to myself, 'yeah I'll pass'. He's a guy who can be good in the right films and just push too much for laughs in the bad ones.

I love Will Ferrell.

Ever since I first seen Step Brothers, I have been hooked on the most polarising actor in Hollywood. Even as I am writing this, I am watching Old School. So you really can see how much his films mean to me.

Since then, I have seen most of his movies and, as of yet, I haven't found one that I dislike. Old School, Anchorman and Step Brothers lead the way but every role that I have seen him are brilliantly funny. There really isn't another actor in Holly wood right now that can consistently make me laugh like Will Ferrell can. For that reason, I have to defend him to the hilt here.

His facial expressions, his timing and comedic talent are all amazingly funny. With all of his films, there are always memorable moments and Will Ferrell is usually a part of that. Step Brothers goes without saying and as does Anchorman. But who doesn't remember Will Ferrell singing Dust In The Wind in Old School? I mean come on!

I like him but I can see why he divides opinion. I, personally, can't get over how funny he is. Hopefully everyone who doubts him can see how funny he is eventually and gets the same value out of his performances as I do.

I love Will Ferrell, I think he is one of the funniest people in Comedy. I especially loved him in Stepbrothers. However, his latest straight-to-DVD release "Everything Must Go was a let down. This movie made me lose a little respect for him, but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the funniest people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back