• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Benoit ever be in the Hall of Fame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugganauts09

Dark Match Winner
Chris Beniot

Before you all have a go at me for how Chris Beniot left this world and how he took his family with him lets have a look at his Wrestling Resume a

2 time WCW United States Heavyweight Championship
1 time WCW World Heavyweight Championship
2 time WCW World Tag Team Championship
3 time WCW World Television Championship
1 time World Heavyweight Championship
1 time WWE Tag Team Championship
3 time WWE United States Championship
4 time WWE Intercontinental Championship
3 time WWF/E World Tag Team Championship
1 time Royal Rumble
Twelfth Triple Crown Champion

Chris Beniot was one of it not the best Techincal wrestler ever he had great memorable matches and was a huge hit with everyone, Chris Beniot would not only be remembered as a great champion but for his great in ring abilites wheater it was one of his great chops or his great mat wrestling Chris Beniot will always be remembered as one of the greats of professinal wrestling, so will Beniot ever be in the Hall of Fame or will his legacy be forgotten by the WWE

Chris Beniot was one of it not the best Techincal wrestler ever he had great memorable matches and was a huge hit with everyone, Chris Beniot would not only be remembered as a great champion but for his great in ring abilites wheater it was one of his great chops or his great mat wrestling Chris Beniot will always be remembered as one of the greats of professinal wrestling, so will Beniot ever be in the Hall of Fame or will his legacy be forgotten by the WWE

Benoit was a great wrestler, but unfortunately the WWE seems to still be trying to erase him from history. Would I personally want to see him get into the Hall of Fame? Sure, he was still a good wrestler even though what he did was terrible. Unfortunately he did what he did, and I don't think he will ever get into the Hall of Fame because those actions make him too controversial for it, at least that's how I think WWE sees it.

In all likelihood, Benoit won't be in any Hall of fame any time soon. The WWE is avoiding and erasing everything pertaining to Chris. He is widely considered one of the best "pure" wrestlers ever, but WWE doesn't want the press nor do they want to promote a man who committed such a horrible crime.

So, while Benoit has accomplished a lot and was a great technical wrestler, it has been very clearly indicated by the WWE that they don't want to be associated with Benoit. Thus, he won't be in the HOF.

He won't be, and he shouldn't be. I'm all for still enjoying his matches, and I don't let what he did affect how I think about his matches. But the Hall of Fame is for celebrating people - no one will ever want to celebrate Benoit, and the WWE wouldn't want the negative press for doing so. They're completely right for wanting to erase memories of him.

He won't be, and he shouldn't be. I'm all for still enjoying his matches, and I don't let what he did affect how I think about his matches. But the Hall of Fame is for celebrating people - no one will ever want to celebrate Benoit, and the WWE wouldn't want the negative press for doing so. They're completely right for wanting to erase memories of him.

Now not so fast. Your seemingly saying all the right things,all the politically correct things but you see being a Hall of Famer isn't just about celebrating people's life. It's also about celebrating their career and Chris Benoit had a hell of a career. Do I think he will get in right away no? Do I think one day people should be able to put this all behind them and realize Chris Benoit was a great wrestler but he was sick. You bet I do.

Now not so fast. Your seemingly saying all the right things,all the politically correct things but you see being a Hall of Famer isn't just about celebrating people's life. It's also about celebrating their career and Chris Benoit had a hell of a career. Do I think he will get in right away no? Do I think one day people should be able to put this all behind them and realize Chris Benoit was a great wrestler but he was sick. You bet I do.

You've got to be kidding, right? You're acting like the guy got a DUI or robbed a bank, something he could "do his time for" and make restitution to society and, in some way, redeem himself. That's simply not the case. The man viciously murdered two people -- one an innocent child that looked at him like a god. You can't honestly believe people should someday "get over" that??!

This isn't a matter of being "politically correct" in the least. Chris Benoit will now and forever be a murder first and an immensely-talented and highly accomplished professional wrestler second. It's kind of like winning the World title. Once a guy has done that, people don't focus so much on whether or not he was an Intercontinental champion or U.S. Champion in his career. It's kind of the same with killing a couple of people. That pretty much trumps everything else you've ever done, professionally or otherwise.

It's as simple as this. If Pete Rose is permanently barred from the Pro Baseball Hall of Fame for gambling, Chris Benoit should never, ever -- no matter how great his career (and it was great) -- be considered for a spot in the Pro Wrestling or WWE Hall of Fame.

What message would that genuinely send to the family of Nancy Benoit, the loved ones who lost their daughter and grandchild to his twisted illness? Those people live with the pain of that every day of their lives, and anyone who has ever lost a loved one to such a crime could assure us, it's not something you simply "put behind you."

Benoit's legacy and title history will have to speak for itself on Wikipedia. When Chris made the decision to murder his wife and son, he also killed any possibility he ever had of being Hall of Fame worthy.

Period.

You've got to be kidding, right? You're acting like the guy got a DUI or robbed a bank, something he could "do his time for" and make restitution to society and, in some way, redeem himself. That's simply not the case. The man viciously murdered two people -- one an innocent child that looked at him like a god. You can't honestly believe people should someday "get over" that??!

This isn't a matter of being "politically correct" in the least. Chris Benoit will now and forever be a murder first and an immensely-talented and highly accomplished professional wrestler second. It's kind of like winning the World title. Once a guy has done that, people don't focus so much on whether or not he was an Intercontinental champion or U.S. Champion in his career. It's kind of the same with killing a couple of people. That pretty much trumps everything else you've ever done, professionally or otherwise.

It's as simple as this. If Pete Rose is permanently barred from the Pro Baseball Hall of Fame for gambling, Chris Benoit should never, ever -- no matter how great his career (and it was great) -- be considered for a spot in the Pro Wrestling or WWE Hall of Fame.

What message would that genuinely send to the family of Nancy Benoit, the loved ones who lost their daughter and grandchild to his twisted illness? Those people live with the pain of that every day of their lives, and anyone who has ever lost a loved one to such a crime could assure us, it's not something you simply "put behind you."

Benoit's legacy and title history will have to speak for itself on Wikipedia. When Chris made the decision to murder his wife and son, he also killed any possibility he ever had of being Hall of Fame worthy.

Period.

I could not have put it any better myself. Once he murdered his family he lost the right to be inducted in to the HOF. Yep he was a great wrestler but inducting him would not send out a good message to Nancy's family.

If only there was a way to find out what exactly was going through his mind when he did what he did.

If only there was a way to find out what exactly was going through his mind when he did what he did.

They more or less have done that. Chris Nowinski and a team of doctors examined his brain and discovered that at the time of the murder/suicide Benoit had a brain the equivalent to an 85 year old Alzheimers patient and that he was suffering from dementia. Personally I feel Benoit should be inducted into the Hall of Fame, of course not for at least 10 or so years, mainly due to the negative publicity. But I think he still deserves to have his career and professional accomplishments recorded. Personally I feel that Benoit should be remembered for all he contributed to wrestling, especially considering his end came about due to the concussions he recieved from wrestling.

They more or less have done that. Chris Nowinski and a team of doctors examined his brain and discovered that at the time of the murder/suicide Benoit had a brain the equivalent to an 85 year old Alzheimers patient and that he was suffering from dementia. Personally I feel Benoit should be inducted into the Hall of Fame, of course not for at least 10 or so years, mainly due to the negative publicity. But I think he still deserves to have his career and professional accomplishments recorded. Personally I feel that Benoit should be remembered for all he contributed to wrestling, especially considering his end came about due to the concussions he recieved from wrestling.

Oh ok. But nah see i don't agree that he should be inducted regardless of how long goes by. It is like anyone who has had a successful career, whether in the public eye or not, then they go out and commit murder.

The difference I find between a person going out an murdering someone and Benoit's situation is that murder is generally regarded as a conscious act of malice. From my understanding of the science behind the situation, Benoit probably had no idea what he was doing, which doesn't clear his name or make it any less terrible, but it also does mean that it wasn't a conscious effort on his part to hurt anyone and it that regard I feel it's unfair to treat him like someone who just went out and murdered someone for revenge when it really was caused by something he had no control over.

Chris Benoit was a man who gave his own sanity for professional wrestling and unfortunatly he paid the price. Because of the one thing he did he is being wiped out from history. As if he never existed. Thats wrong. He obviously shouldn't be inducted to the Hall Of Fame, but he shouldn't be erased from history. Its like saying there was never a 2004 Royal Rumble winner or Triple H tapping out to thin air at Wrestlemania XX. He may be a murderer but he still did leave a huge positive mark in pro wrestling. History should never be ignored. He should be remembered for the bad things he did as well as the good.

Lol, I hate political correctness, so that was definitely not the intention of my post. I don't think this is something people will 'put behind them'. There are certain things you can do, where time doesn't heal the wounds or memories. Killing your wife and young child is unforgivable, and, while I'm a huge fan of Benoit the wrestler, he makes me sick. And it could be argued the WWE suffered hugely because of what he did - they're not going to look to bring it all back up by inducting him into the Hall of Fame.

And can you imagine the ceremony if he was? No one is going to want to speak positively about him, and I completely don't blame them. Acknowledging his wrestling ability is one thing. But making a speech about him being inducted into the HoF - celebrating him - is completely different.

I believe he will get in one day but it would be a long time down the road. It's hard for people to separate Chris Benoit the character from Chris Benoit the person. He was great in the ring and unfortunately some of the things he did in the ring probably led him to what he did outside the ring. The HOF is for those who made significant contributions inside the squared circle and Benoit did just that. I'm not going to let one moment of weakness override 20 years of enjoyment of watching him wrestle.

As long as vince is head of the company benoit won't be inducted. If none of his matches are included in dvds then there is no way in hell they will let him in the hof. He committed a cruel crime so not being recognized for what he accomplished is his punishment because if he was still living he would be behind bars. He had to be punished regardless if he was alive or dead. If he is put back into focus by the wwe it will be when vince is dead and gone.honestly after the way his life and career ended he got what he deserved.

I believe he will get in one day but it would be a long time down the road. It's hard for people to separate Chris Benoit the character from Chris Benoit the person. He was great in the ring and unfortunately some of the things he did in the ring probably led him to what he did outside the ring. The HOF is for those who made significant contributions inside the squared circle and Benoit did just that. I'm not going to let one moment of weakness override 20 years of enjoyment of watching him wrestle.

I don't know why people can't comprehend that Benoits actions outside of the ring affected the pro wrestling industry. Benoit did more harm than good to the industry. Even if he didn't killed his family, he had no impact on the company whatsoever. He was just a jobber that was given a world title reign out of pity. He's had more of a negative impact than a positive impact and I don't see how can anyone argue over this.

I don't know why people can't comprehend that Benoits actions outside of the ring affected the pro wrestling industry. Benoit did more harm than good to the industry. Even if he didn't killed his family, he had no impact on the company whatsoever. He was just a jobber that was given a world title reign out of pity. He's had more of a negative impact than a positive impact and I don't see how can anyone argue over this.

A jobber....really? You are aware of the fact he won the Royal Rumble.Entering at #1, and going the distance to win the whole thing.Something only him and HBK have ever done. And despite whether you think his wotld title reign was out of pity or not, he did win the world heavyweight championship in the main event at Wrestle mania 20, which is a VERY big deal. Then he and Edge won the tag titles from Batista and Ric Flair shortly after that making him a double champion. Those hardly sound like things a "jobber" does.

As far as Benoit going in the hall of fame, it will never happen. I'm sure Vince has told Stephanie or who ever might run WWE when he's gone, to never allow this to happen. What Benoit did was horrible. It was something that put WWE in a very negative spotlight, and had the company splatterd over every news station. It resurrected the steroid controversy, and forced Vince to put the whole "limo explosion" storyline on hold. Benoit was a great wrestler, but he will never be recognized by WWE for it.

His death brought the issue of steroids in professional wrestling into light and no one can say that it is a negative thing when plenty of wrestlers have died before they reach 50. He made plenty of wrestlers better just by wrestling them. You can think Benoit for how good was MVP in 2007 and he hasn't reached that level since. He entertained the fans for nearly two decades and that is an impact on the wrestling company. Chris Benoit in the ring was as far as a jobber you can get.

so will Beniot ever be in the Hall of Fame or will his legacy be forgotten by the WWE

It already is forgotten.

WWE just doesn't want to mention him, they want nothing to with him. After what he did the company isn't going to endorse or recognise his name, he killed his family!

Despite Benoit's great wrestling moments, it is undoubtedly tarnished by the crimes he committed when he left this world. Unfortunately the WWE is not going to forget that and neither are the fans. Wether he did it or didn't, wether he is HOF material or not, he killed his family and he won't be acknowledged by the WWE let alone be inducted into the HOF.

It's sad but it's unfortunately true.

WTF!!!Benoit should never be in the HOF,he's a killer.He killed his family,his wife,his son!!!SON your own kid,and you think he can be put in the same place as Flair,Rhodes,Austin.

He should be never put in and if he is that will be the end of the hall of fame and we should just put any one in there.

Thats just me!

I really don't see how this is even a question. You have to consider the horrible press that Vince and WWE got throughout the entire situation, and how everyone got on them for even giving Benoit a tribute show. And that show was supposedly done before anyone knew anything about how the deaths occurred. I understand that many people here still have a tremendous amount of respect for Benoit because of what he accomplished inside the wrestling ring, and if that's how you feel, then I'm not really one to judge you for it. But the bottom line is that if the WWE even considered inducting Benoit into the Hall of Fame, and word got out about it, they would be in deep shit. The man murdered his own family, of course he's not going to be honored like a hero, and the WWE really can't afford to do so, unless they want to completely trash their own public image and potentially lose a lot of fans.

Benoit as a wrestler was great. He was a believable character, he done it all. Now b4 i give my opinion i want to address a few things. Benoit was a jobber? Please! Who ever said that have to be out of their mind. In WCW and WWE the man won almost all the title's. 2nd thing Benoit has made good friends with ppl in the wwe. If they were going to induct him in the HOF, i'm sure someone would step up to the plate and speech about Benoit career as a wrestler not the murderer.

Now should Benoit be inducted into the HOF? I really want to say yes but can't cause of his personal life. I can see if he just committed suicide but he murder his wife and child. Even though steriods messed up his mind frame. Nobody forced him to take it.

To me he had his own tribute show, which was good enough 4 him. Imo Benoit career is in the HOF. Its just not what the wwe. Its with the ppl who truely respect Benoit for what he done to entertain us in his career. I can't blame wwe for erasing his history. But the ppl will never 4get.

Chris Benoit will never see the Hall of Fame of any kind. And it's a shame. It really is. He was a great wrestler who sacrificed his body many times during his career. He had memorable matches with top stars and even managed to make it to the top on a few occasions. But all of that is washed away by what he did to himself and his family. Murder/Suicide is nothing to just 'shake off'. He took it upon himself to become a psychotic killer.

Any organization that honors him will come under fire for that. I don't believe the WWE or the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame will touch him. So no, he'll never have any honor bestowed upon him.

This is a very serious question to me. I remember 2004, when Benoit won the Rumble and the title at mania that I thought, "This is the moment that everyone will remember when he makes the Hall of Fame."

Then, I remember 2007. First the shock, then the facts, then more shock, then the cold reality.

I'm not going to dive into his career or accomplishments, as everyone before me has more than said enough. However, I'd like to compare Benoit to other guys that are constantly talked about when regarding those NOT in the Hall. Guys like Randy Savage, the Ultimate Warrior, Bruno Sammartino, etc. are all not in the Hall for various reasons. Some have had fallings out with Vince, others are regarded as controversial nutjobs. But in the long run, some of these other guys may NEVER see the HOF simply because of spite.

Then I'd just like to say that on the list of reasons to NOT be in the HOF that murder/suicide > spite. I can't really break it down any further.

His death brought the issue of steroids in professional wrestling into light and no one can say that it is a negative thing when plenty of wrestlers have died before they reach 50. He made plenty of wrestlers better just by wrestling them. You can think Benoit for how good was MVP in 2007 and he hasn't reached that level since. He entertained the fans for nearly two decades and that is an impact on the wrestling company. Chris Benoit in the ring was as far as a jobber you can get.

So it took a man to kill his wife and small kid to bring the issue of steroids into professional wrestling? That happened when Guerrero passed away. Congress decided to jump on the WWE's back, like they did with the MLB. Benoit put a big dark hole on the pro wrestling industry.

Chris Benoit steroid scandal was more controversial than any steroid scandal in the history of the business. It also had far more of a negative impact than ANY steroid scandal in WWE history. I remember hearing that some people thought that the WWE was going to boom again in 2007. Then Benoit he murdered his family. I really can't see how Benoit had more of a positive impact than a negative one. I really can't. I also can't understand why people think Benoit should be in the HOF because of his scripted accomplishments and because of his "positive" impact (and in my opinion, he only had a negative impact), when the guy did more harm than good. Also, good booking helped MVP and his best work was with Matt Hardy.

A jobber....really? You are aware of the fact he won the Royal Rumble.Entering at #1, and going the distance to win the whole thing.Something only him and HBK have ever done. And despite whether you think his wotld title reign was out of pity or not, he did win the world heavyweight championship in the main event at Wrestle mania 20, which is a VERY big deal. Then he and Edge won the tag titles from Batista and Ric Flair shortly after that making him a double champion. Those hardly sound like things a "jobber" does.

Ya.. I wouldn't say he was a jobber, but I also wouldn't say that he was this big star that had such a great impact on the business. His world title reign was a token. He was booked as a midcarder when he was the world champ. He had feuds with Kane, La Resistance, and almost lost the world title to Eugene.. out of all people..They didn't have faith in him, so HBK vs HHH carried the show...And he wasn't even main eventing. Before he killed his family, he was jobbing to MVP, The Miz, and losing popularity contests against Kane and The Sandman..Hardly a big star.

First of all, Benoit was a big star and would've gotten into the HOF under normal circumstances.

But at this point, it obviously isn't going to happen. Unless they somehow discover that it was actually Aliens who murdered the Benoit family and famed Chris for the actions, there's no way in hell. He did one of the absolute worst things a human being can do, murder another innocent human, and a child no less. There is no way Benoit is going to be inducted into the HOF and celebrated as a wrestler and as a person, there's just no reason for it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back