• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Anyone Miss Scott Hall and Syxx Pac?

I'm not going to miss them at all. Scott Hall in and of himself represents a big problem in TNA right now. He's dead weight, a piece of thick drunken driftwood that is only weighing the company down. The time when Scott Hall legitimately had anything to contribute to TNA Wrestling has long since passed. For the past decade, Hall has basically used the fact that he was a star in the WWF and WCW to his advantage and it's carried him as far as it can. He simply just can't get it up in the ring anymore.

Sean Waltman is one of the most overrated big names of the past 20 years. Waltman's entire career was built upon riding the coat tails of well connected friends both in the WWF and in WCW. He was a stooge of HBK and Triple H in the WWF and was a stooge of Hulk Hogan, Bischoff, Hall and Nash in WCW. It got him lots of money and lots of exposure. On his own, he never really did anything worth rememberance.

I don't wish either of them ill. I hope that they both have long and happy lives, but they don't bring anything relevant to a major pro wrestling company anymore. TNA has relied heavily on the nostalgia factor for several years now, but Hall and Waltman are two examples of nostalgia just not being enough to justify their presence.

A mid-carder from 97 is a main eventer by default today, simply because today's wrestlers are so incredibly outmatched in terms of aura and star power.

I fully agree with this. But it was even worse in the 80's. For example, Roddy Piper, although is widely considered a legend, only won the intercontinental title and tag titles once each in WWE. The Million Dollar Man never won the world or even the intercontinental championship.

If Scott Hall were ten years younger, I think he would've been a multiple time world champion in WWE. I still won't particularly miss either of them though. When Hogan came in, he brought with him all his friends, and one by one, they are all being weeded out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back