• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wii Colors

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
The Wii currently comes in 3 different colors. White, Black, and a special edition Red. Remember back in the day when Game Boy Pockets and Game Boy Colors came out in several different colors? It was an incentive for people to pay more money to get the specific color they wanted. I remember getting the clear one, after not being able to find a red one. They should do that for the Wii in my opinion. More systems would be sold and eventually the various colors will become collectors items such as the Game Boys and the 64's controllers that all came in so many colors.

Do you think that Nintendo Wiis should come out in more colors? Why or why not?

What colors in particular would you like to see released and why? (Any color could be used here, even plaid.)

I personally think that green, blue, and yellow are all ideal candidates for new colors since red is already out there. Those four colors all go great together. Perhaps pink to appeal to some girls too. I would be ok with pretty much any color being added because white and black are far too generic. Even something weird like polka dots or plaid is better than plain boring white to me. Can you imagine a plaid Wii? That would look so weird. Any new color would be good due to catching more people's attention.

What do the rest of you think about more Wii colors?

Do you think that Nintendo Wiis should come out in more colors? Why or why not?
I think this could be good for a system on its last legs. You mentioned the old color Game Boys; it may not seem like much, but all the available colors (along with a less bulky design) helped the system's sells tremendously. Who's to say it can't do the same for the Wii?
What colors in particular would you like to see released and why?
The ones you'd expect: blue, green, yellow, purple, etc., and maybe some specialty ones too. You said plaid could work, so why not stripes, or polka-dots? Maybe even some franchise specific ones, like Mario or Metroid. I'd kill for a golden Triforce-themed Wii. Plenty of possibilities here, so it'd be nice to see what they'd do. One problem though is that focus should be on the Wii U now. I'm sure they can multitask though.

Maybe even some franchise specific ones, like Mario or Metroid. I'd kill for a golden Triforce-themed Wii.

This!

I would do anything to get my hands on a golden Triforce Wii if they did a special edition like that. There are enough fans of series such as Zelda, Mario, etc; that would pay for special edition Wii's themed after their favorite series. It would be a great way to help boost sales some for the system before they move on to Wii U and like I stated in my original post, all of these would become collectors items in the future and thus will be worth a ton of money several years down the line. Nintendo should consider the new line of colors for Wii's or special editions because they honestly have nothing to lose here financially. The system still sells and more people would be likely to buy if there are more options out there that appeal to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back