Why You Don't Make Fun of the Dead

Frank the Frowner

Getting Noticed By Management
Tonight after Mother's Day dinner, we went to visit my grandmother's (mom's side) grave. What was supposed to be a solemn and serious moment got ruined because of the surprise we got behind the grave.

There was a brand new headstone there. All black, and giant grey letters that said "COE" to the upper left. Then, on the body of the headstone itself, it's an engravement of a hockey referee with one arm pointed up in the air. On the bottom, it just plainly said, "He will be missed".

Immediately, me, my brother, and my dad all start cracking jokes about what would be left in front of the grave, and mainly the grave itself. The description I gave probably doesn't do the actual headstone justice, but to get that kind of surprise, it sets you back a little.

Fast-forward to tonight when I'm playing poker with my friends. We played three games at $10 a piece. On the first game, I was dominating early on, until I called an all-in. We had the same pair, a two-pair of Ace Six, but he had the better kicker, and I was out 3 hands later. The next two games, I went out first and had no hands whatsoever.

I really wish I hadn't made fun of the stupid gravestone now, because I'm going to Foxwoods Memorial Day Weekend with my stimulus payment. I'm afraid I'm going to lose it all early.

I don't think it was that disrespectful. You were's laughing AT the dead, but at the headstone. I've seen stones that were purposely funny.

Mine will have an ice cream man pointing downward, and it will say:

"It's HOT down here. Send me a cone!"
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back