• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why UK?

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Have been holding back on this discussion for a while and will try and keep it decent (meaning I was planning on speaking informal but figure people would take that as offensive, so I'll try and keep it formal/non offensive.)

Ok. Here is something I have noticed about the UK as of late.

Elton John
Boy George
George Michael
Freddie Mercury

Notice a trend here? If not, all of these guys are musicians/singers and all of them are gay and from the UK.

On top of that, there has been this big revelation as of late that David Bowie and Mick Jagger had a sexual relationship (both UK singers.)

When you add it up, it appears that the biggest singers/legends out of the UK are all/mostly gay.

Now The Beatles are the biggest muscians to arguably ever come out of the UK, and as far as I know, there isn't anything totally gay about them (the educated mind would figure they had their fun experimenting especially considering what they promoted at the time.) But nonetheless, most of the big name muscians coming out of the UK have gay skeletons in their closet, as well as other famous people from the UK such as Sir Ian McKellan.

Anyway, I just find it odd how much a portion of your biggest stars are gay. Even that kid band One Direction from your UK Has talent show has tons of pictures where they are kissing each other, and they have millions of young followers.

On top of that, a lot of your tv shows that America broadcasts on cable end up on gay tv channels here in america such as logo. See I'm not really judging you, since I do watch some of those shows, but it does strike me as odd how apparently "gay" your country comes off looking. One show I've always found funny is Absolutely Fabulous which you can only watch on a gay tv channel in america now. But that's been on tv here for a long time and is only indirectly gay for the most part. What I have been noticing though, is that a lot of your new shows include bi-racial couples.

Like for instance, Misfits (which I've just started watching) just came to Logo (the premier gay channel in America) and all of the prettiest girls on the series including the sexy black girl, are involved with black men. While the full english kid is portrayed as a complete weirdo who wants to piss on the black girls tits....

And it's not just this show. Aside from most your legends being gay in some way or another, a lot of your shows/movies end up showing a black male ending up with a white british woman.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if UK males realize this and if they can explain a reason for it. Even during the Olympic opening ceremonies, 1/4 of the volunteers during the industrial and english revoultions were played by black actors... just seemed funny to me.

Lol, looking at what I titled this I feel like it could of been "Why u gay?" or "Why UK gay?" <--- that's me being informal.

Anyway, while I'm being informal or might seem like a dick by making this thread, I wanted to see what UK members thought, such as Brock Goldberg and Gelgarin. It's not like I'm just saying something for the sake of it. Alot of the big muscians have turned out to be gay in one way or another, and at least for me, it seems like a lot of UK movies/shows end up having a black protagonist and white british female at his side.
Not all the time though, but especially on shows that get syndicated in america (and eventually end up on gay channels.)

American gave us Ru Paul, Justin Beiber, John Barrowman, the cast of "Will and Grace", the Village People and Ricky Martin...atleast our queers are classy...

From the UK

Grew up in Illinois, has an american accent-American.

It's funny how butthurt you yanks get when ever you bring up the "gay thing". "Nuh uh, that *** ain't from here!" Grow up, apparently subtly dosen't work for you, so I'll break it down;

(list of gay american entertainers)-it's not a UK only thing, there are gay people from all countries, including amurika. "atleast our queers are classy"-tounge in cheek humour. Fuck, you're probably the same folk that wanted AW to apologize. Take your virgin ears else where.

American gave us Ru Paul, Justin Beiber, John Barrowman, the cast of "Will and Grace", the Village People and Ricky Martin...atleast our queers are classy...

I never even heard of Barrowman. Will from Will and Grace was straight in real life. Ricky Martin is from like Puerto Rico which might as well be Cuba and not apart of the US.

Nonetheless, there are a number of gays in American culture. Michael Jackson, Clay Aiken, Lance Bass... numerous ones from different genres.

The point was most of the biggest UK rockstars (who are some of the biggest ever) happen to be gay or bi.

Could you imagine if the biggest names in hip hop/rap were all gay?

It's just an observation is all.

Just to name a few non gay big selling UK artists:

Pink floyd
Led Zeppelin
Sex Pistols
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Status Quo
Genesis

Exported non gay UK TV shows:

The office
Shameless
Top Gear

Generally we think Americans are not the smartest bunch and their opinion does not really matter to us. Also if the music is good (Queen, Bowie) who gives a fuck if they are gay, black, american.

Although America gave us great shows like Lost, Homeland, X-files they also gave us shit like Jersey Shore, Meet the Lardashians and other such tripe so every country has/produces things we wish they didn't.

Grew up in Illinois, has an american accent-American.

It's funny how butthurt you yanks get
when ever you bring up the "gay thing". "Nuh uh, that *** ain't from here!" Grow up, apparently subtly dosen't work for you, so I'll break it down;

(list of gay american entertainers)-it's not a UK only thing, there are gay people from all countries, including amurika. "atleast our queers are classy"-tounge in cheek humour. Fuck, you're probably the same folk that wanted AW to apologize. Take your virgin ears else where.

From the UK

Is there a question here besides 'have you noticed that some performers in a field that spawns thousands of performers are gay?' or is this just more crap like the 'I'm not saying Slyfox is a child rapist but what if he was?' thread?

Oh yeh, the question about why black men appear on TV? Um, because they were chose for the part. That seems right.

So your 2 answers are yes, we know we've had some gay musicians over the years, some of whom are still incredibly revered (Freddie Mercury) while some have become walking/driving punchlines (George Michael). Just like various straight performers.
And black men appear on TV because there's no reason for them not to be. Sorted? Aye? Aye.

And black men appear on TV because there's no reason for them not to be. Sorted? Aye? Aye.

No, there is an agenda behind it(such as most of those who write your tv shows are liberals.) To me, it seems like the powers that be in the UK are trying to *****fy the nation.

It happens all over, but it seems to be extremely successful in the UK.

No, there is an agenda behind it(such as most of those who write your tv shows are liberals.) To me, it seems like the powers that be in the UK are trying to *****fy the nation.

I'm not saying he is, but we also can't rule out the possibility.

1780549-shakehead.gif

You honestly believe that there is an organised conspiracy from left-wing broadcasters to expose black people and homosexuals to the television viewing public in order to diminish national character?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

......I'm sorry, what? Black actors get cast for one of three reasons; either a. the part was written for a black actor, b. the actor in question blew everyone else away in the auditions, or c. the role was written for that particular actor. Simple as. Who gives a fuck if black characters have relationships with white women, or vise versa? Do you honestly care that much? I mean, fucking hell, are you serious?

On top of that, who gives a flying fuck if singers and actors from our country are gay? If they're talented then does it really matter if they prefer guys or gals? If anything, good for them for embracing who they are, and I'm proud to come from a country that really doesn't see it as an issue for the most part.

Question (as you mentioned it first); if rappers and hip-hop artists from the US came out as being gay, how would you react? I sense you'd be pissed about it.

......I'm sorry, what? Black actors get cast for one of three reasons; either a. the part was written for a black actor,

Yes. Every single role is written for a black actor to have a white girlfriend is my point.

You honestly believe that there is an organised conspiracy from left-wing broadcasters to expose black people and homosexuals to the television viewing public in order to diminish national character?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

they don't see it as diminishing national charater. they see it as "evolving"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back