• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why Post-Wrestlemania Raw Will Feature The Rock

samfeeley34

As Featured on WrestleBlog
We all know that feeling where you wake up on your bathroom floor with an inflatable clown next to you and you're left wondering what the hell happened the night before, yes? Well that's kind of what the post Wrestlemania Raw is. Its a hangover, effectively. Especially in recent years where they tend to have something massive happen.

The Rock has arrived in New Orleans. The Rock will be at WrestleMania. Is it not obvious they will be negotiating with him for later appearances?

When The Rock came back in 2011, he made one promise and that promise was, and i quote, "I'm back and I promise I'm never going to leave".

Did you all enjoy my Michael Cole reference there?

But yes, it seems although everyone believes he is busy in Hollywood, people fail to realise that Rock has an opinion and if he was only coming back for money then he wouldn't have been on the HOF last night. Plus if WWE were paying him a massive amount to appear then they would've had him in a much higher capacity. Rock comes back because he wants to come back. He doesn't need the money, he does it because of the electricity he feels from that live crowd.

The Rock has not wrestled his last match. He will be back for WrestleMania 31 and I thoroughly expect Monday's Raw to not only feature The Rock but have him set up a match for WM31.

I'm in the minority when I say that I think Sting coming in straight after WrestleMania won't happen, I just feel WWE will wait it out on that one.

Put it this way, Sting will either debut or Rock will make an appearance.

I don't see both happening.

Also if this Stone Cold-Punk thing is true then I won't know what to believe about Monday's Raw

Expect Wrestlemania to be a powerhouse from start to finish. I can see both The Rock and Stone Cold appearing later tonight. Will they set-up matches for next Wrestlemania? I don't know! The Rock is the only one capable of wrestling a solid match. I'm a huge fan of Austin, but I'm skeptical how many bumps can he take. Also, I would enjoy seeing Sting in some form tonight or at RAW tomorrow.

Brock Lesnar is going to beat the shit out of The Rock on Raw setting up their match for next year. Let's get it Vince, don't disappoint me. WM 31 is going to be something crazy.

Sting V. Taker
Rock V. Rock II
CM Punk V. Bryan

YES!

Brock Lesnar is going to beat the shit out of The Rock on Raw setting up their match for next year. Let's get it Vince, don't disappoint me. WM 31 is going to be something crazy.

Sting V. Taker
Rock V. Rock II
CM Punk V. Bryan

YES!

the guy is going to start filming San Andreas next week. I doubt he is going to do anything very physical, if at all.

Rock appearing in wwe in 2014/15 is almost a given as they wanted him and Brock at Mania this year but things didn't work out. How many matches is the big question as Rocky has turned into the goto guy for big action films.

My question is what do you gain by having him come back. Yeah you get publicity and hopefully some more ppv buys so from a short term financial side it makes sense but how does it benefit the roster? With a guy like Brock, he only works a small number of dates and really doesn't care if he wins or loses. How do you build a story around that? WWE needs to pick a guy they want to elevate and put him in with the Rock, then do like they did with Cena and have him lose the first match but win the next. You let them have a good first match where Rock wins but it isn't something where he dominates, he has to work for the win. You then spend the next 6-12 months (depending when the rematch is) building his opponent(not the usual wwe losing streak) and have him saying how The Rock beat him but he learns quickly and it won't happen again and then have him beat Rock in the rematch. Simple but effective. That was the problem with Rock/Cena - Cena is already established so it didn't elevate him and he pretty much shrugged off the loss until it was time to set up the next match so it didn't matter. But they can't have the guy lose to Rock and keep on losing - I don't know where wwe got the idea that a guy losing 16 matches in a row then suddenly winning a big match is good storytelling. There is the underdog story but that isn't it. Just me humble thoughts.

the guy is going to start filming San Andreas next week. I doubt he is going to do anything very physical, if at all.
Because it's hard to take a few bumps before filming a movie. Cena has done it plenty of times dude; it's not like he's going to be thrown off the hell in a cell through a burning announcing table.

WA - The Rock and Brock II never happened and as a kid I hated that it never did, I need closure with The Rock winning.

I don't see the benefit in building Brock/Rock right now. There is no way Brock is ending the streak, so coming in and challenging Rock or vice versa when he looks weak just doesn't make sense to me. If that buildup happens, they can tease the setup, but don't make it official until Brock has some wins lined up and looks dominate again.

I don't see the benefit in building Brock/Rock right now. There is no way Brock is ending the streak, so coming in and challenging Rock or vice versa when he looks weak just doesn't make sense to me. If that buildup happens, they can tease the setup, but don't make it official until Brock has some wins lined up and looks dominate again.
The match won't be official, as I said him attacking The Rock would set it up pretty much. Maybe The Rock could cost Brock's spot in the Royal Rumble or cost him his title seeing as Brock has a championship run in his contract, I believe.

Because it's hard to take a few bumps before filming a movie. Cena has done it plenty of times dude; it's not like he's going to be thrown off the hell in a cell through a burning announcing table.

WA - The Rock and Brock II never happened and as a kid I hated that it never did, I need closure with The Rock winning.

Dude, are you seriously comparing The Rock's situation to Cena's before they film a movie ?

I won't even talk about the budget that can be 10 to 25 X bigger for a movie featuring The Rock, but here are a few things to consider .

- Cena's movies are produced by WWE, the company he works for as a WRESTLER, they are aware of the risk when he's physical before a movie
- The Rock's big Hollywood producers don't give a crap about wrestling and when they sign The Rock for a starring role they surely don't expect him to go get F5 through a table on Monday Night Raw!
- Cena wrestles 200 times a year, The Rock, has an average of 0,5 match/ a year in the past 10 years. Cena's in ring shape and timing are much better than The Rock's.

Man, The Rock will be on Raw that's for sure, he won't fight, won't take a chance to get hurt. Throw a few punches? Maybe but even that... i wouldn't bet on it.

Sting V. Taker
Rock V. Rock II
CM Punk V. Bryan

YES!

I could see the confrontation. Brock has to look strong after his loss against Taker. The irony of this was all supposed to happen last year. Anybody know why Rock/Lesnar isn't taking place at WM XXX?

I can understand why Punk didn't want to do HHH/Punk since it's not main event caliber but why wouldn't Rock wouldn't want to face Brock in a possible main event match? He wants another main event title match too?

I could see the confrontation. Brock has to look strong after his loss against Taker. The irony of this was all supposed to happen last year. Anybody know why Rock/Lesnar isn't taking place at WM XXX?

I can understand why Punk didn't want to do HHH/Punk since it's not main event caliber but why wouldn't Rock wouldn't want to face Brock in a possible main event match? He wants another main event title match too?

Id imagine that with Fast & Furious and Hercules he just didn't have the time i think Hercules was only finished last month and Fast & Furious has only just started filming again after the tragedy that was Paul Walkers Crash

Because he said that it didn't make sense for him and Brock to both lose at mania last year so how would a match work. Rocky knew that brock should've beaten hunter so he could look strong going into wmxxx.

Rock did say that he was supposed to face Brock this year, but his movies got in the way. I can see the rock coming back today/tomorrow and to face Brock at wrestlemania 31.

Rock appearing in wwe in 2014/15 is almost a given as they wanted him and Brock at Mania this year but things didn't work out. How many matches is the big question as Rocky has turned into the goto guy for big action films.

My question is what do you gain by having him come back. Yeah you get publicity and hopefully some more ppv buys so from a short term financial side it makes sense but how does it benefit the roster? With a guy like Brock, he only works a small number of dates and really doesn't care if he wins or loses. How do you build a story around that? WWE needs to pick a guy they want to elevate and put him in with the Rock, then do like they did with Cena and have him lose the first match but win the next. You let them have a good first match where Rock wins but it isn't something where he dominates, he has to work for the win. You then spend the next 6-12 months (depending when the rematch is) building his opponent(not the usual wwe losing streak) and have him saying how The Rock beat him but he learns quickly and it won't happen again and then have him beat Rock in the rematch. Simple but effective. That was the problem with Rock/Cena - Cena is already established so it didn't elevate him and he pretty much shrugged off the loss until it was time to set up the next match so it didn't matter. But they can't have the guy lose to Rock and keep on losing - I don't know where wwe got the idea that a guy losing 16 matches in a row then suddenly winning a big match is good storytelling. There is the underdog story but that isn't it. Just me humble thoughts.

Where did the WWE get the idea that ending losing streaks is a good story? From it working. Hundreds of times through the history of pro wrestling, and in life in general. Although I love the fact that you make it sound like WWE has done it more than a handful of times in the company's history. Although I'm not sure what you wanted from Cena, since he kind of had to move on until it was time to setup the rematch, what do you want him to do call out Rock every week when he's not going to show up for months? You seem to be all over the place here. It's like you want to criticize the way WWE did it, but you don't really have a problem with it or you don't know what the problem is and you don't have a better way, so you're just kind of talking in circles. Hey, it's ok to see the WWE was right. You're not going to lose your IWC card.

Seriously though, Rock isn't about elevating somebody on the roster. Really, why would you waste a feud with The Rock on a guy that has to be elevated? You bring him in to make money and get as much attention as possible. In that way, by bringing in more viewers and more attention, he elevates everybody who's on the same show as him. If he stuck around long enough to feud with all the top guys and do all the dream matches, and THEN elevate lowers guys, that'd be great, but it's not happening. You have to do the dream matches first, though.

Because he said that it didn't make sense for him and Brock to both lose at mania last year so how would a match work. Rocky knew that brock should've beaten hunter so he could look strong going into wmxxx.

Just to clarify, Rock never said anything that remotely sounded like anything that could be confused for that. Nor would he, because that makes no fking sense whatsoever. Why would Brock beat Triple H at Mania? Were you paying any attention to their feud? Brock repeatedly destroyed Triple H, broke his arm twice, and convincingly beat him in a match at SummerSlam. If the roles were reversed and Triple H had done that to Brock through their feud, there would be riots if Triple H also won their match at WrestleMania. You want Brock to look strong going to WMXXX, that's fine and dandy, what about Triple H? He has a match at WM XXX too, last I checked. I'd say they both looked pretty good by the end of that feud, and both looked strong going into WM XXX, instead of a ridiculously one sided affair that wouldn't have done a whole lot more for Brock while hurting Triple H considerably. But, again, it's really quite hilarious to just imagine the way people would have reacted if Triple H broke Lesnar's arm, beat him at SummerSlam, and then beat him again at Mania like you're claiming Lesnar should have done. We would never hear the end of it. It'd be Triple H's burial of Booker T on steroids.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect Rock or Sting to be at Raw tomorrow. Either one is certainly possible, though it would agree both happening is highly unlikely, but I'm just not convinced WWE is going to announce a match for WrestleMania a year in advance again. And I don't see Rock or Sting doing any matches in the near future. Having Brock destroy Rock, without officially announcing the match, is certainly plausible...but that's still something they could save for later in the year. I think it's more likely that Austin is at Raw than either of them, continuing whatever he does at Mania tonight.

Tonight I predict a Rock vs Brock confrontation. They were meant to face off at Mania 30 but injuries hampered this. I see Rock in the ring, Brock coming down and beating him up. This will write Rock off WWE TV again for a short while.

Rock vs Brock will happen at Mania 31 in my opinion.

I also see Undertaker calling time on his career and 'giving the speech'. Convinced that Sting will enter Raw tonight and challenge him to 'one more match' and give the fans what they have wanted for years. I don't see this panning all the way until Mania 31 but I could be wrong. Taker now has closure on his Mania career.

Sting vs Taker should happen at Survivor Series where The Undertaker debuted.

As far as our Champ goes I see him and Orton possibly having a rematch. I think Bryan vs Batista (who will join the authority) is the way WWE will go now.

Daniel Bryan vs Batista in the main event at Extreme Rules.

These are just a few predictions. Hope I am correct but probably not.

WWE knows that they have to compete with the NCAA championship game tonight. With that said, I think that if The Rock was going to appear, they would be hyping it up like crazy to steal viewers from the basketball game. Yes, a lot of people are going to watch to see the fall out from the streak ending and DB winning the belts but still, I think if The Rock was going to appear, they'd let the cat out of the bag early on, to promote it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back