• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why not Ziggler vs Lesnar?

Why not Ziggler?.. It's very simple, Lesnar would kill him.. There would be no more Dolph Ziggler after he faces Lesnar.

They need a true challenger for Lesnar, not some worthless nobody like Dolph Ziggler.

You do realize it's scripted right? Nobody actually "kills" anybody. It's wrestling: You could book Hornswaggle to go over Lesnar clean.....

Why not Ziggler?.. It's very simple, Lesnar would kill him.. There would be no more Dolph Ziggler after he faces Lesnar.

They need a true challenger for Lesnar, not some worthless nobody like Dolph Ziggler.

And you'd prefer...who? Somebody like Ryback? THERE'S your "worthless nobody". Dolph Ziggler is THE top star in the company.

I don't see any chance of this happening because of what Vince said in his recent podcast interview with Stone Cold Steve Austin. You know, the one where he basically whipped it out and pissed all over 99% of the locker room by trying to lay the fault for whatever shortcomings WWE has on the them rather than taking any share of the blame himself. His comments suggests that the only ones with real star potential that he sees among the active roster are Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose and Bray Wyatt.

For me personally, if given a choice between Ziggler vs. Lesnar, Cena vs. Lesnar, Orton vs. Lesnar or Reigns vs. Lesnar, I'd prefer Ziggler vs. Lesnar. As I've said in a lot of threads, a whole lot of fans are so burned out on Cena & Orton being at the top that it kills some interest in a feud with Lesnar. People are burned out on Cena and there's no real interest in Orton as champ, just look at the reception his last title run received as all the proof you need in that, and Orton is someone who gains nothing by feuding with lesnar. As for Roman Reigns, as has been said countless times in various threads, a lot of people believe he isn't ready. If his rapport with fans and in-ring skills suggest anything, it's that he's probably not ready. He's not bad, but he's not on the level someone being in the main event of WrestleMania should be.

Ziggler vs. Lesnar has a great built in underdog story, we know that Ziggler could help carry Lesnar in a strong performance. However, I don't think Vince sees star potential in Ziggler. Barring Ziggler getting injured or doing something to earn heat, I can see him in the title picture somewhere down the line, maybe even getting a run, but I don't see it anytime in the next 6 to 12 months.

Ask me this question a year or two ago, it's a definite no. Now? Ziggler is maintaining a steady and consistent flow of momentum, the crowd is behind him, and it's a more plausible scenario now, but in the grand scheme of things, I can't see it happening.

Yes, the fans are behind him, but it's not 2013-2014 levels of Daniel Bryan fan support, where crowds completely hijacked matches, promos, and in-ring segments. There's always a chance it could happen in the coming months, but as of right now, we're not there yet.

I don't have anything against Ziggler, but when you look at the landscape, I can't say he's the absolute clear cut favorite to dethrone Lesnar as WWE WHC. Dean Ambrose is a viable candidate, and I know there's a lot of uncertainty surrounding the guy, but Roman Reigns is still in the race until the powers that be backstage lose faith in him, or if we run into a scenario, where the live crowds completely turn on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back