• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why not try this?

j.beaner

Occasional Pre-Show
Ok im the first one that'll tell ya that i dont care that much for NXT. But wwe has 8 Rookies teamed with 8 Pros. So heres what i was thinking, Why not instead of putting the rookies with current superstars with some of the legends in the back. They have legendary names just floating around doing backstage work. They're already at the shows y not put them on television. Think about who they could put on tv, Dean Malenko, Arn Anderson, Michael Hayes, Sgt. Slaughter, Pat Patterson, Gerald Brisco, Ricky Steamboat, IRS. Theres a whole list of names. I think if these high quality of names were to b put on NXT more people would watch. I certainly would. Not to mention that i think its more believable that the rookies would learn more from legends who have been in the buisness for so long, then the current superstars who have been in the buisness for a few years. So how would you feel about WWE teaming the NXT Rookies with WWE Legends??

I like the idea from a strictly rookie-mentor standpoint, but it wouldnt work. The show would get old very fast. think of all the matches that the pros do. Those would be gone and we only have the same rookie vs rookie matches every week. The show would be repeating itself every few weeks.

I like the idea from a strictly rookie-mentor standpoint, but it wouldnt work. The show would get old very fast. think of all the matches that the pros do. Those would be gone and we only have the same rookie vs rookie matches every week. The show would be repeating itself every few weeks.

No doubt, i gotta argee. If it was just Rookie vs Rookie every week it would get boring, but they could send over a Raw or Smackdown Star Every Now and Again. That would Add a lot to the Show. Have the Past, Present, and Future of the WWE in one program. Thank you for pointing that out.

I agree with the other posters 100%, but I'd like to add that legends don't draw anymore, and if they did it'd only be a short lived ratings boost. Guys on top RIGHT NOW like Jericho, Miz, Christian, etc. are familiar to the newer fans and are going to be more of an incentive to tune in. Legends matches are usually wastes of air time anyway, and would you really believe if any of the older guys doing backstage work go in the ring they'd stand a chance against these young, supposedly hungry rookies? Me neither. Having the occasional legend host a specialized challenge, like Slaughter's "Boot Camp" during the Diva search, would be nice, but not much more than that. Good idea though.

Why would WWE superstars need this, most of them have atleast been in the WWE fir atleast a year. And, who would be the "Rookies" Jobbers?!? All I am saying, is that this wouldn't be a good idea, plainly because noobody needs them

This could have been a decent idea but they wouldn need biggername legends, cause the wwe viewers these days, im reffering to the kids rite now, dont care for the legends and for the most part dont even know who they are. as stated though the matches would become very boring as the legends for the most part cant work a match these days, so basically having NXT as just rookie vs rookie matches this would get old, at least right now you can see a little bit of cross branded pro matches.

I do think this was a decent idea but just wouldnt work in this time in the wrestling buisness, and with the legends you refer to it just wouldnt draw sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back