Why Doesn't Myles Kennedy Just Sing With Velvet Revolver??

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
So some time last year Slash apparently asked Myles Kennedy if he would like to be the new vocalist for Velvet Revolver.. Myles Kennedy turned him down, yet said he'd continue to record and tour with Slash (Slash's new album just has Kennedy as the vocalist), which I thought interesting.

Why is this, I mean Myles Kennedy has been singing songs from Slash's backlog (including Velvet Revolver material) and he did a great job of it.

Original (with Scott Weiland)

[YOUTUBE]BKz2U4fvA4U&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

Myles Kennedy

[YOUTUBE]PUCSB8xZDCE[/YOUTUBE]

I mean he seems a suitable fit for the band and he continues to work with the lead guitarist, so why doesn't he join the band.

Maybe he has issues with other VR members? Maybe he doesn't wanna have to juggle making material for two bands, then finding time to tour with them in a permanent capacity? To be honest, I've no idea, but it'd be awesome if he did join them. I mean, I love this version of Slither, and I love Kennedy's work with Slash, and I'm a bit Alter Bridge fan. It'd be sweet if he did finally sing with them.

I don't know. I do think Myles would be a great fit for Velvet Revolver, but maybe he isnt a fan of most of their material?

When performing with Slash, they usually do 2 or 3 of the Velvet Revolver songs, as well as other material from Slash's back catalogue, including Guns and The Snakepit.

Myles seems very happy in Alter Bridge, they are growing all the time and are headlining the MEN Arena in Manchester, UK in November which is the biggest indoor arena in the country. They are going places. I think that maybe Myles just enjoys working with Slash and getting to sing the classic Guns N Roses songs, singing the songs that Slash is writing for his new album and is happy doing that rather than having the responsibility of song-writing and touring with VR.

The other guys in Alter Bridge are still playing with Creed so Myles has a bit of time to kill, so working with Slash is a great idea.

I think Myles would fit right in with Velvet Revolver if he joined them for good and they are a better band for his style of singing than Alter Bridge in my opinion. Alter Bridge were never going to be better than they were as Creed and now that Creed is back together Myles needs something to do. Why not? It would work out great for everyone involved because Creed could get back together full time instead of swapping back and forth between singers/names (Stapp for the Creed tours, Myles for the Alter Bridge tours) and Velvet Revolver gets a new singer. Myles should have joined them.

Maybe he has issues with other VR members? Maybe he doesn't wanna have to juggle making material for two bands, then finding time to tour with them in a permanent capacity?

But I assume he's juggling material for Alter Bridge and Slash, so it can't really be that. He may have problems with some of the other members (this seems the most plausable)

Myles seems very happy in Alter Bridge, they are growing all the time and are headlining the MEN Arena in Manchester, UK in November which is the biggest indoor arena in the country. They are going places. I think that maybe Myles just enjoys working with Slash and getting to sing the classic Guns N Roses songs, singing the songs that Slash is writing for his new album and is happy doing that rather than having the responsibility of song-writing and touring with VR.

But surely he has some input with Slash as to what goes onto the record, it can't be that much different than writing with a band and the touring thing he's doing with Slash anyway.

The other guys in Alter Bridge are still playing with Creed so Myles has a bit of time to kill, so working with Slash is a great idea

Exactly working with him in Velvet Revolver would make sense.

I mean Dagger said their style of music suits his singing (and it does)

Maybe its the hassle of being in a group with Guns N Roses alumni rather than just working with one member which is probably putting him off. (People were kind of having a go at Scott Weiland for this exact reason)

But I assume he's juggling material for Alter Bridge and Slash, so it can't really be that. He may have problems with some of the other members (this seems the most plausable)

Touche, sir. Though at the same time, the stuff with Slash is only temporary (I think; could be wrong on that) unless he features on a future album.

Also, Kennedy wasn't the only guy he collaborated with in his album; it included Dave Grohl, Kid Rock, M Shadows, Ozzy Osbourne, Adam Levine and Iggy Pop, and each person had a part in the writing process of each song they featured in (Myles was in two songs, and has been credited with writing both with Slash). But the tour itself was Myles singing all of them, along with classics.

Maybe Myles is just comfortable with the occasional side-project, or maybe he has issues with some VR guys as I suggested before. I mean, hell, if you're asked by Slash if you wanna work with him, you're gonna say yes, but to commit long term is something completely different.

I remember reading something earlier this year, that they were interested in Corey Taylor (Slipknot/Stone Sour), to the point where Slash admitted they were looking to him as a replacement, but no decision was made as he was on his solo tour at the time. Maybe they're holding out for him still?

But who knows. Hopefully we will see very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back