Why does YOUR favorite wrestler beat Stan "the Lariat" Hansen?

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
Yep... I'm throwing the gauntlet down on all of ya! This challenge is simple. You post a case as to why your favorite wrestler can beat Stan Hansen in a normal wrestling match. I'll make the default match No DQ to offset any argument about how weapons and stuff can factor into it. Whomever he is.... he must be an OLD SCHOOL wrestler. No Cena or Orton. Cowboy Bob Orton's fine, but you know good and well Hansen would beat Randy's dad with his own shoes and piss on his feet.

So here are the guidelines I'm setting forth, because I'm moderator of this section and I say so!

1)TWO responses only. We'll each get two posts to make our argument. An opening case, my response, your response and final argument, then my response and closing argument. This is to avoid things being lost in the shuffle. If I miss a rebuttal after 24 hrs, PM me.

2) Only wrestlers that debuted before the year 2000. Like I said, no Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Batista, Styles, etc. This is for the older school wrestlers only. I'll judge what wrestlers qualify on a post by post basis.

3) I don't care if Hansen's never faced/beaten the wrestler you choose. That's going to be a big sticking point with some people. The fear of the unknown. If that's the primary argument you use, it may be deleted. Once again, post by post basis

4) Keep it clean, but convincing. No low blows toward myself and I won't return the favor. I want a spirited debate and am looking forward to the challenge of showing YOU that Hansen can beat your favorite wrestler.

Good luck. You'll need it.

Let me get this straight.... A man who was undefeated for fifteen years.... And you expect Stan Hansen to take him down?

Look, I'm going to concede to you, right here and now, that Andre can be slammed by Stan Hansen. However, I'm going to have to go with Andre The Giant, sheerly for the fun of it. It's fun comes from the fact that, admittedly, either of these men can win.

But first, let's dive into why Andre can, and will, win:

Hansen's Home Field Advantage? Donezo

Stan Hansen doesn't have very many matches where he's not the bigger star against his opponent, in Japan, at least. However, this is one of them. Typically, a gaijin is brought in to wrestle this individual, and the home bred superstar gets a standing ovation. Let's just ignore that Hansen himself is a gaijin; he may as well be from Japan. Neverthess, only four gaijin could ever have thhe fan's approval over Stan Hansen in a one on one match; Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, and Andre the Giant. That's going to automatically bring a face Andre the Giant to the ring, and typically, when it comes to an exported wrestler coming to Japan, unless it's Inoki, the gaijin gets the victory. See; Hulk Hogan's win over Stan Hansen. Or even more, how about Bret Hart's victories Tiger Mask, or Benoit's winning of the Super J Cup. No matter how you slice it, for some reason, when a gaijin is going against someone like a Hansen, Hansen's going to wind up doing the job. And in this match, Hansen is facing a man who's popularity rivals Inoki's. Rarely has Hansen had to deal with no being the Japanese favorite. Here, he's playing that role.

Hansen's Lariat can't knock down Andre

Andre has an intelligent move of whenever he's clothselined, to tie his arms in the rope. Sure, it makes for a great spot, and makes the crowd pop like a cherry, but against Stan Hansen, it has even more resourceful uses. If Hansen clotheslines Andre, Hansen can't get the pin. Good luck trying to move the Giant out of the ropes; if you thought five hundred pounds was hard to move, wait until you see Hansen try and move it will Andre is semi knocked out. Read; Andre can become dead weight. And while Hansen is strong, he simply can't lift dead weight of five hundred pounds. Thus, Hansen's finishing manuever, and the one in which Hansen will need to keep Andre down is completely out the window.

There's that whole undefeated for fifteen years thing

Andre will do the job.... To a bigger star, in a bigger region. He did it for Inoki in Japan, Canek in Mexico, and Hogan in America. Otherwise, Andre has been brought to draws, and that's pretty much it. However, Andre is well aware that he's the bigger star in Japan, even compared to Hansen. And even he realizes it'sa poor business to have Lariat go over, especially in this one shot deal. Pretty much, during a match, you only breathe if Andre allows you to. At any moment, he can crush you if you work him too stiff, let alone try to pull anything funny. Hansen will pull out a brilliant fight.... It'll be a colassic. But he can't get by Andre the Giant.

The UnderTaker.
۩Out of the past 20 years, who has given us not only Wonder, Excitement, Fear, Suspense, Passion, Reason and Respect? You must question me on the statistics of "Wonder, excitement, fear, suspense, passion, reason and respect" so I'll elaborate.

۩Wonder:
Who has performed such wondrous things of their caliber? Mark Calaway is a 6'10, 295lb living legend. He has performed the most wondrous things with the assistance of others (Mankind, HBK etc) and that's all adding up to his glorious career. He has wondered us with everything from mic skills, promos and in ring ability.

۩Excitement:
How many times were you excited to see a match or a rematch on YouTube? How often would you think to yourself "I wish I was there when..." when it wasn't a major accomplishment. I'm talking of course, about Undertaker vs. (the following individually) HBK (HIAC, Casket, WM, Rumble Ending), Mankind (Buried Alive, HIAC), Kane (Inferno) and many more. Those matches defined and raised the bar above all others. It is a typical horror storyline. Back in the day things that weren't scary (Frankenstein etc) were. Undertaker had a scary character (Especially as, to some, The Ministry persona) and you would be excited to see what he'd do next as LoD and Ministry because he was an unstoppable force. He disposed of competition by throwing them off of 20 foot high structures or sacrificing them or *nearly* marrying them in an unholy wedding. That's excitement and no other wrestler could compare.

۩Fear:
Like I said, things used to be scary (even though we wouldn't find it so). Part of his fear is his surprise (Returning i.e. WM XX, SSeries 05, and ABA in 2000) and dying (SSeries03, Rumble 94 etc). They always find a way for him to "die" and return as a great character, striking fear into the hearts of opponents (kayfabe). No other superstar (other than Masked Kane) was billed to be as scary as Taker or even compare. No other was meant to frighten you out a bit (excluding those "Freak" gimmicks, Goldust etc...). The Undertaker did that. When he talks, it's not a natural voice. It's a creepy, scary voice by a great actor. That is a classic "Fear" voice, a voice you'd hear in horror movies or dreams or even in an edited clip to make the voice disguised. That is fear.

۩Suspense:
Who makes us wonder what will happen? Who can make our heart beat fast when something is nearly over (Like the streak, with the 9.79 count at WM25)? Or shock us. Who can take our breath away with something simple like coming from beneath the WWE Ring and pulling one under to "Hell" or just merely returning with the aid of druids, walking out the a Humongous pop in which nobody could compare to in a return. Who has amazing returns, and after which, leaves us going "I want to see more of that feud...” The Undertaker does that the Best. Other superstars have left us going "Whoa I want to see more" "Whoa, what's going on" but none have had our heart beating faster, or our mouths gaping in awe or our eyes glued to the screen at something simple. How many "big men" superstars flip over the top rope with only speed and jumping?

۩Passion: aka Dedication.
He is the most dedicated. Wrestling in the WWE for 20 years he is the longest contracted superstar that wrestles (He wrestled in every year although has taken some breaks, since 1990-now). HBK took 4 years off and is 1 year behind Undertaker's career length. The Undertaker didn't jump ship to WCW like the prodigy Hulk Hogan. He stayed and was a valuable asset in the Attitude Era. He was loyal to WWE, he doesn't ask for Title Reigns, he is given them due to what he's done for WWE, and he still wrestles each year although he has injuries. He has the streak, a repayment for his loyalty as well He lives for the business and no other superstar is more passionate, although some have wrestled for longer, none have played the same gimmick as long and equivalent to the marvelous acting Mark Calaway does with his gimmick. It's golden and when he's on the screen, you'd better watch because if you don't you'll miss out on something special. His everlasting presence will be forever remembered.

۩Reason:
He is the reason I still watch WWE. Note, I say watch. If Taker left then I'd only help and contribute to forums/wrestling talk due to my knowledge on the subject in question.
He is the greatest thing about WWE along with HBK and HHH. Why? They are the last glimpse of the Attitude Era (I don't include Kane because he isn't centered and therefore isn't a main part in WWE anymore, like he was in 1996-2001 as Kane).

۩Respect:
How many superstars, when they cut a promo or segment, have the crowd absolutely quite with no disrespectful chants like "What" or "Boring" etc? The crowd wants to know what The Undertaker has to say. They want to hang off his every word because this moment is so scarce, enjoy it. The crowd respects him so when you're watching a WWE event, all the crowd does to him is cheer him after his sentence is finished. They are polite and respectful and even Taker Haters will be quiet (they wouldn't even dare risk the humiliation for being the only crowd member to boo The Undertaker. That’s respect.

I'd like to see Hansen master the Lion tamer. That's right, I'm talking about Chris jericho. jericho has the spped and ring savy to avoid that powerful Lariat and Hansen has no home field advantage outside of Texas. He's been everywhere and so has Jericho. This man's hardened by Stu Hart's training and can trade blows. Wanna' trade weapons? Well Jericho's been there and done that. Experience is no man's land here and let's face facts Jericho has him covered on the mic too. And finally: Hansen was in No Holds Barred? Jericho has Fozzy. :p

Let me get this straight.... A man who was undefeated for fifteen years.... And you expect Stan Hansen to take him down?

Umm... yea. He has before, but we won't even factor that into it.

Look, I'm going to concede to you, right here and now, that Andre can be slammed by Stan Hansen. However, I'm going to have to go with Andre The Giant, sheerly for the fun of it. It's fun comes from the fact that, admittedly, either of these men can win.

Which is why Hansen can beat Andre. Hansen was as tough as they came whether it was Japan or Texas. He had no fear and would just charge head on into you like a bull. Sure that's not the smartest way to do things, but the majority of his wins came from doing that.

But first, let's dive into why Andre can, and will, win:

Hansen's Home Field Advantage? Donezo

Stan Hansen doesn't have very many matches where he's not the bigger star against his opponent, in Japan, at least. However, this is one of them. Typically, a gaijin is brought in to wrestle this individual, and the home bred superstar gets a standing ovation. Let's just ignore that Hansen himself is a gaijin; he may as well be from Japan. Neverthess, only four gaijin could ever have thhe fan's approval over Stan Hansen in a one on one match; Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, and Andre the Giant. That's going to automatically bring a face Andre the Giant to the ring, and typically, when it comes to an exported wrestler coming to Japan, unless it's Inoki, the gaijin gets the victory. See; Hulk Hogan's win over Stan Hansen. Or even more, how about Bret Hart's victories Tiger Mask, or Benoit's winning of the Super J Cup. No matter how you slice it, for some reason, when a gaijin is going against someone like a Hansen, Hansen's going to wind up doing the job. And in this match, Hansen is facing a man who's popularity rivals Inoki's. Rarely has Hansen had to deal with no being the Japanese favorite. Here, he's playing that role.

Hansen was 90 percent heel in Japan, so he never had a 'home field advantage'. He was RESPECTED in Japan. The people FEARED the Lariat. They feared Andre, too so that cancels that out. The fact is, Hansen was rarely cheered for being the 'good guy' in matches in Japan. Perfect example is him fighting Terry Funk, a career HEEL in America, but beloved and cheered as a face in Japan. Hansen still beat him in singles' and tag team matches. So that home field stuff never mattered anyway. Hansen just wanted to make money and work his ass off.

Hansen's Lariat can't knock down Andre

Andre has an intelligent move of whenever he's clothselined, to tie his arms in the rope. Sure, it makes for a great spot, and makes the crowd pop like a cherry, but against Stan Hansen, it has even more resourceful uses. If Hansen clotheslines Andre, Hansen can't get the pin. Good luck trying to move the Giant out of the ropes; if you thought five hundred pounds was hard to move, wait until you see Hansen try and move it will Andre is semi knocked out. Read; Andre can become dead weight. And while Hansen is strong, he simply can't lift dead weight of five hundred pounds. Thus, Hansen's finishing manuever, and the one in which Hansen will need to keep Andre down is completely out the window.

Hansen doesn't ALWAYS finish the opponent with The Lariat. And yes he did and can knock Andre down with the Lariat. It may not be as easy as, say, The Dynamite Kid, but that Lariat knocks you for a loop. Even if it knocked Andre out of the ring to the floor for a countout...it's still a win. Plus Hansen has submission maneuvers and other ways to finish his opponent if needed. And in a real match, Hansen actually did that to Andre and won the match because of it.

There's that whole undefeated for fifteen years thing

Andre will do the job.... To a bigger star, in a bigger region. He did it for Inoki in Japan, Canek in Mexico, and Hogan in America. Otherwise, Andre has been brought to draws, and that's pretty much it. However, Andre is well aware that he's the bigger star in Japan, even compared to Hansen. And even he realizes it'sa poor business to have Lariat go over, especially in this one shot deal. Pretty much, during a match, you only breathe if Andre allows you to. At any moment, he can crush you if you work him too stiff, let alone try to pull anything funny. Hansen will pull out a brilliant fight.... It'll be a colassic. But he can't get by Andre the Giant.

Andre was a man who demanded respect. And no one was more loyal and respectful to the wrestlers he faced than Hansen. Despite his star status, if he felt it would benefit Hansen to go over, he would put him over, and actually did that, too. Hansen is revered by his peers for being loyal and having the utmost respect for the culture and way of wrestling in Japan. Andre was stiff so Hansen would be stiff. And to me, he doesn't need to PIN Andre to win... a count out's a victory, too. Which as far as Andre's concerned, would be more than enough to put a man over without pinning him.

Figured you'd go with Race instead of Andre, but I still like your case.

Yep... I'm throwing the gauntlet down on all of ya! This challenge is simple. You post a case as to why your favorite wrestler can beat Stan Hansen in a normal wrestling match. I'll make the default match No DQ to offset any argument about how weapons and stuff can factor into it. Whomever he is.... he must be an OLD SCHOOL wrestler. No Cena or Orton. Cowboy Bob Orton's fine, but you know good and well Hansen would beat Randy's dad with his own shoes and piss on his feet.

Oh? I accept your challenge. I'll give ya one guess as to what I'm wrestler I'm going to pick to argue against Hansen here Lariat. :lmao:

Haven't figured it out yet? Yep, the man in my avatar. Come on Lariat, you had to know this was coming man! :p

Kenta Kobashi could, has, and hypothetically could defeat Stan Hansen. Why? Because he already has, on more than one occasion, during Hansen's most dominant period in All Japan. Sure, Hansen scored some big wins over Kobashi in return as well, those two put on some classic matches in the summers of 93 and 94, but Kobashi proved he could take everyone Hansen had to offer, and later on would prove that he could still beat him.

Now, don't get me wrong, wouldn't be an easy contest by any means, but there's no doubt that Kenta Kobashi could hypothetically defeat Stan Hansen, if both men were in their primes. If I remember correctly he scored a pinfall victory over Stan Hansen in a six man tag match at Bukodan Hall in April of 1994, so that's about as much evidence as I need.

Interesting thread idea brother, should have some intriguing responses. You had to know I'd bring up Kobashi though. :p

Lol I'm going to get my ass handed to me by Lariat but I'll have a go.

Rob Van Dam.

Why, because he is quick and nimble enough to out maneuver Hansen (who is fairly big). He also knows how to take down bigger men (Bam Bam Bigelow, Kane etc) by gradually wearing them down. Even in a normal match he'd take risks such as top rope moves (and if you're dazed you won't be able to counter someone flying through the air) If RVD hit the five star frog splash, even if he didn't pin Hansen it would wind him enough to make him easier to beat.

Umm... yea. He has before, but we won't even factor that into it.

Every match I've ever seen between these two has ended in a DQ or a countout. That's it; I've yet to see Hansen pin Andre's shoulders to the mat, or make him submit. As far as I'm aware of, four men have done such a thing; Inoki, Canek, Hogan, and Warrior. That's it, that's the list.

Which is why Hansen can beat Andre. Hansen was as tough as they came whether it was Japan or Texas. He had no fear and would just charge head on into you like a bull. Sure that's not the smartest way to do things, but the majority of his wins came from doing that.

And you know how easily Andre handles bulls like that?

He made Kamala into his own play toy down in WCCW. Andre's been paired with Abdullah before, too, and Abdullah came out with the loss. Both of these wrestlers have the same wild mindset that Hansen does, and Andre handled them well. Andre typically does better against strong wild men. Just ask how being wild and strong worked for Killer Khan and company.

Hansen was 90 percent heel in Japan, so he never had a 'home field advantage'. He was RESPECTED in Japan. The people FEARED the Lariat. They feared Andre, too so that cancels that out. The fact is, Hansen was rarely cheered for being the 'good guy' in matches in Japan. Perfect example is him fighting Terry Funk, a career HEEL in America, but beloved and cheered as a face in Japan. Hansen still beat him in singles' and tag team matches. So that home field stuff never mattered anyway. Hansen just wanted to make money and work his ass off.

Oh Lariat, you know better than that, man; in Japan, there's no such thing as true heels and faces. Some wrestlers work heelish movesets, but we both know that Puro is based on the reasoning that heels and faces are irrelevant to the fans. They cheer, root, and will, the biggest star on to victory 99% of the time, and though you have face pops in Japan (See; Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, et all.) There's no such thing as heels and faces. And 90% of the time, Lariat, the bigger star goes over in Japan. Hansen's a great superstar, but he's nowhere near Andre's league, in any country. Yes, even Japan.

Hansen doesn't ALWAYS finish the opponent with The Lariat. And yes he did and can knock Andre down with the Lariat. It may not be as easy as, say, The Dynamite Kid, but that Lariat knocks you for a loop. Even if it knocked Andre out of the ring to the floor for a countout...it's still a win.

Except in this one, Lariat, because you, in your foolhardy matter, gave me a deafult no DQ match. Want some proof?

From you said:
I'll make the default match No DQ to offset any argument about how weapons and stuff can factor into it.

So no, Larait, it doesn't equal a count out victory, because in all NO DQ matches, count out's are also negated.

Plus Hansen has submission maneuvers and other ways to finish his opponent if needed. And in a real match, Hansen actually did that to Andre and won the match because of it.

You're of course referring to same said body slamming match, a match in which Andre was Disqualified, aren't you?

Well, it could, but Andre has onlt tapped once cleanly in his career, to Inoki. I love Hansen, but he's not the technical machine Inoki is.

Andre was a man who demanded respect. And no one was more loyal and respectful to the wrestlers he faced than Hansen. Despite his star status, if he felt it would benefit Hansen to go over, he would put him over, and actually did that, too. Hansen is revered by his peers for being loyal and having the utmost respect for the culture and way of wrestling in Japan. Andre was stiff so Hansen would be stiff. And to me, he doesn't need to PIN Andre to win... a count out's a victory, too. Which as far as Andre's concerned, would be more than enough to put a man over without pinning him.

Again, count outs are not happening here. There must be a winner, and when push comes to shove, it's going to be Andre. You know it as well as I do.

Figured you'd go with Race instead of Andre, but I still like your case.

I was mulling it, but this seemed to be the best debate we could have, after all.

The Man They Called Sting.

The fact of the matter is, Sting has more strength, athletic ability, and heart than Hansen could ever dream of having. I'd go ahead and give Hansen the edge in toughness, but even that's REALLY close.

Sting has wrestled the best of the best WCW ever had to offer for almost 15 years, defeating countless of those men. He has also had tours in Japan, wrestling many of the best they had to offer as well. There's absolutely NOTHING Hansen could throw at Sting that he hasn't seen before. He's just too crafty and experienced. Bottom line.

Moreover, there's nothing in Hansen's arsenal that can defeat Sting. That silly clothesline? Pssh... Sting would brush that off like a knife-edged chop from Ric Flair. However, there's no doubt Hansen would never be able to escape Sting's Scorpion Death Lock, and he would have two choices: Tap out, or pass out. Sting wins by that, or simply finishing him with the Scorpion Death Drop instead. But, either way, Sting wins, and that's fact. ;)

The UnderTaker.
۩Out of the past 20 years, who has given us not only Wonder, Excitement, Fear, Suspense, Passion, Reason and Respect? You must question me on the statistics of "Wonder, excitement, fear, suspense, passion, reason and respect" so I'll elaborate.

I'll just say there are few wrestlers I would be fearful of in this tournament. Mr. Eko listed one of them in Kenta Kobashi...and this is the other one. Undertaker is everything Hansen is, only slightly better. But that doesn't mean Hansen will lose to him.

۩Wonder:
Who has performed such wondrous things of their caliber? Mark Calaway is a 6'10, 295lb living legend. He has performed the most wondrous things with the assistance of others (Mankind, HBK etc) and that's all adding up to his glorious career. He has wondered us with everything from mic skills, promos and in ring ability.

This isn't a 'who's more ominous' thread, it's a 'can your favorite wrestler BEAT Stan Hansen' thread. And yes, if they wrestled in their primes, they would have many 5 star matches just on shear brutality alone.

۩Excitement:
How many times were you excited to see a match or a rematch on YouTube? How often would you think to yourself "I wish I was there when..." when it wasn't a major accomplishment. I'm talking of course, about Undertaker vs. (the following individually) HBK (HIAC, Casket, WM, Rumble Ending), Mankind (Buried Alive, HIAC), Kane (Inferno) and many more. Those matches defined and raised the bar above all others. It is a typical horror storyline. Back in the day things that weren't scary (Frankenstein etc) were. Undertaker had a scary character (Especially as, to some, The Ministry persona) and you would be excited to see what he'd do next as LoD and Ministry because he was an unstoppable force. He disposed of competition by throwing them off of 20 foot high structures or sacrificing them or *nearly* marrying them in an unholy wedding. That's excitement and no other wrestler could compare.

Like I said before, excitement won't win him a match against Hansen. Sure you can say that Undertaker is more sadistic than Hansen, but mind you, Hansen's not above breaking limbs or even nearly knocking Vader's eye out of his socket! So I say this is a push here.

۩Fear:
Like I said, things used to be scary (even though we wouldn't find it so). Part of his fear is his surprise (Returning i.e. WM XX, SSeries 05, and ABA in 2000) and dying (SSeries03, Rumble 94 etc). They always find a way for him to "die" and return as a great character, striking fear into the hearts of opponents (kayfabe). No other superstar (other than Masked Kane) was billed to be as scary as Taker or even compare. No other was meant to frighten you out a bit (excluding those "Freak" gimmicks, Goldust etc...). The Undertaker did that. When he talks, it's not a natural voice. It's a creepy, scary voice by a great actor. That is a classic "Fear" voice, a voice you'd hear in horror movies or dreams or even in an edited clip to make the voice disguised. That is fear.

Hansen would not be afraid of the Undertaker. Period. Hansen was one of the most feared wrestlers in Japan because he was a brutally tough cowboy who knocked the shit out of you until you were pinned. So the fear argument will not fly with me.

۩Suspense:
Who makes us wonder what will happen? Who can make our heart beat fast when something is nearly over (Like the streak, with the 9.79 count at WM25)? Or shock us. Who can take our breath away with something simple like coming from beneath the WWE Ring and pulling one under to "Hell" or just merely returning with the aid of druids, walking out the a Humongous pop in which nobody could compare to in a return. Who has amazing returns, and after which, leaves us going "I want to see more of that feud...” The Undertaker does that the Best. Other superstars have left us going "Whoa I want to see more" "Whoa, what's going on" but none have had our heart beating faster, or our mouths gaping in awe or our eyes glued to the screen at something simple. How many "big men" superstars flip over the top rope with only speed and jumping?

You need to come back to me here. And last time I checked, even if Taker can walk ropes and be very agile, Hansen can ground him with his style of offense. And pops, entrances and other things are irrelevant. It's a debate on wrestling in the RING.

۩Passion: aka Dedication.
He is the most dedicated. Wrestling in the WWE for 20 years he is the longest contracted superstar that wrestles (He wrestled in every year although has taken some breaks, since 1990-now). HBK took 4 years off and is 1 year behind Undertaker's career length. The Undertaker didn't jump ship to WCW like the prodigy Hulk Hogan. He stayed and was a valuable asset in the Attitude Era. He was loyal to WWE, he doesn't ask for Title Reigns, he is given them due to what he's done for WWE, and he still wrestles each year although he has injuries. He has the streak, a repayment for his loyalty as well He lives for the business and no other superstar is more passionate, although some have wrestled for longer, none have played the same gimmick as long and equivalent to the marvelous acting Mark Calaway does with his gimmick. It's golden and when he's on the screen, you'd better watch because if you don't you'll miss out on something special. His everlasting presence will be forever remembered.

Undertaker's etched his name in stone here as far as wrestling credentials, but everything you've mentioned has nothing to do with wrestling.

۩Reason:
He is the reason I still watch WWE. Note, I say watch. If Taker left then I'd only help and contribute to forums/wrestling talk due to my knowledge on the subject in question.
He is the greatest thing about WWE along with HBK and HHH. Why? They are the last glimpse of the Attitude Era (I don't include Kane because he isn't centered and therefore isn't a main part in WWE anymore, like he was in 1996-2001 as Kane).

Still irrelevant. I may just delete this, but it's a helluva post. I'll say that much.

۩Respect:
How many superstars, when they cut a promo or segment, have the crowd absolutely quite with no disrespectful chants like "What" or "Boring" etc? The crowd wants to know what The Undertaker has to say. They want to hang off his every word because this moment is so scarce, enjoy it. The crowd respects him so when you're watching a WWE event, all the crowd does to him is cheer him after his sentence is finished. They are polite and respectful and even Taker Haters will be quiet (they wouldn't even dare risk the humiliation for being the only crowd member to boo The Undertaker. That’s respect.

OK, you did mention some things about Undertaker that are relevant like his agility, toughness, and his ability to strike fear in opponents. But Hansen offsets those traits and I'll even add in my reason that Hansen can beat the Undertaker. Hansen can wear you down. Taker's as in shape as any wrestler in the game, but you know as well as I do that Hansen's tough to get in a tombstone piledriver, chokeslam, or a Last Ride. So to me, Hansen pounds on Taker, Taker does the same, and instead of a chokeslam, Hansen reverses it into a Lariat and pins Undertaker 1-2-3. It can happen.

I'd like to see Hansen master the Lion tamer. That's right, I'm talking about Chris jericho.

NO match for Hansen. I cannot wait for the Jerichoholics to come out and try to tell me I'm stupid! :rolleyes:

Jericho has the speed and ring savvy to avoid that powerful Lariat and Hansen has no home field advantage outside of Texas.

Texas, LOL. Sure he's from Texas, but he's wrestled the majority of his matches in Japan. And speed and ring savvy were things that many wrestlers possessed. Dynamite Kid for one, even Johnny Ace was halfway decent, and so was Misawa... but what do those wrestlers have in common? They fell to the LARIAT!

He's been everywhere and so has Jericho. This man's hardened by Stu Hart's training and can trade blows.

I like this point on Jericho. Hansen might underestimate the punishment that Jericho can take. But to me... I don't see a ring veteran like Hansen doing that. This won't be easy by no means, but Jericho won't beat Hansen.

Wanna' trade weapons? Well Jericho's been there and done that.

NO he's not. Jericho wrestled in ECW, but was a cruiserweight there and wrestled very few matches involving weapons. But this is only to offset any arguments about weaponry and stuff. Doesn't mean they'll use them. It means they can and that would be Jericho's only chance to beat Hansen.

Experience is no man's land here and let's face facts Jericho has him covered on the mic too. And finally: Hansen was in No Holds Barred? Jericho has Fozzy. :p

Hardy har har. In all seriousness, I don't Jericho can pull a win off here. Hansen dominates here because Jericho's submission is tough to get on someone like Hansen, and Hansen' hardly down for a long period of time. And Hansen can hit a short armed Lariat out of nowhere as well as sending Jericho into the ropes to do it. So Jericho, in my opinion, can't beat Stan Hansen.

Oh? I accept your challenge. I'll give ya one guess as to what I'm wrestler I'm going to pick to argue against Hansen here Lariat. :lmao:

You must feel reaaaaaaal good right now huh? Yea, it's not a debate that Kobashi is far and away Hansen's toughest opponent.

Haven't figured it out yet? Yep, the man in my avatar. Come on Lariat, you had to know this was coming man! :p

Great Muta?

Kenta Kobashi could, has, and hypothetically could defeat Stan Hansen. Why? Because he already has, on more than one occasion, during Hansen's most dominant period in All Japan. Sure, Hansen scored some big wins over Kobashi in return as well, those two put on some classic matches in the summers of 93 and 94, but Kobashi proved he could take everyone Hansen had to offer, and later on would prove that he could still beat him.

Exactly. Hansen's beaten him, too. Why? Because Kobashi models most of his moves AFTER Hansen, including the Lariat. So even though Kobashi has a devastating Lariat, Hansen's the originator and counters that move better than anyone.

Now, don't get me wrong, wouldn't be an easy contest by any means, but there's no doubt that Kenta Kobashi could hypothetically defeat Stan Hansen, if both men were in their primes. If I remember correctly he scored a pinfall victory over Stan Hansen in a six man tag match at Bukodan Hall in April of 1994, so that's about as much evidence as I need.

A six man tag is as much evidence as you need? Come on now, X. You know you're going to need your A game here. There were many times were Hansen was either pinned or his team lost in a tag or six man match. In a ONE on ONE battle, Hansen would beat Kobashi more times if it were a best of 7 series. Hansen at his peak was dangerous. Kobashi is very, VERY tough. But in the end, toughness falls to the Lariato!

Interesting thread idea brother, should have some intriguing responses. You had to know I'd bring up Kobashi though. :p

This is why I made the thread. Between Tenta, yourself, and even JMT with Sting, this is going to be quite fun.

Lol I'm going to get my ass handed to me by Lariat but I'll have a go.

At least put up a fight, dude. :) Kidding of course, this is a great choice, as RVD has a moveset you can't prepare for, making this a tough matchup for Hansen.

Rob Van Dam.

Why, because he is quick and nimble enough to out maneuver Hansen (who is fairly big).
Agreed. Hansen would have a tough time chasing RVD around the ring and avoiding his random ass kicks and offense.

He also knows how to take down bigger men (Bam Bam Bigelow, Kane etc) by gradually wearing them down.
Hansen's strongest attributes would be his stamina. He's bigger than RVD, but RVD would have to work real hard to wear him down, especially long enough to hit his Five Star Frog Splash.

Even in a normal match he'd take risks such as top rope moves (and if you're dazed you won't be able to counter someone flying through the air) If RVD hit the five star frog splash, even if he didn't pin Hansen it would wind him enough to make him easier to beat.
So you've conceited that RVD's finisher might not even BEAT Hansen. Wow. And it's true. Hansen's not going to let himself get in a spot to be hit with that finisher. I say RVD will eventually make a mistake and end up being beaten by Hansen. Unique offense or not, it's tough for someone the size of RVD to do serious damage to him. Hansen wins in a battle.

The Man They Called Sting.
Another tough matchup for Hansen. Wish these guys would have wrestled in WCW.

The fact of the matter is, Sting has more strength
No. Just no. Hansen has the strength advantage in this match up. I'm sure 305 lbs is heavier than Sting is.

athletic ability,
True. Hansen's not as good of an athlete as Sting is.

and heart than Hansen could ever dream of having.
Bold statement. Challenging Hansen's heart. No one can overcome odds like Hansen. Sting is a man who can be willed to win, but it doesn't mean he's above being nailed with a Lariat and being beaten. Not to mention how Sting takes too many high risk moves and it only takes one mistake to get beat, especially by Hansen.

I'd go ahead and give Hansen the edge in toughness, but even that's REALLY close.

Absolutely not. When I think of Sting, I think of agility, high risk moves, and heart. Not toughness. Not saying Sting's weak, but nowhere near as tough as Hansen is.

Sting has wrestled the best of the best WCW ever had to offer for almost 15 years, defeating countless of those men. He has also had tours in Japan, wrestling many of the best they had to offer as well. There's absolutely NOTHING Hansen could throw at Sting that he hasn't seen before. He's just too crafty and experienced. Bottom line.
Same can be said for Hansen. Sting's beat Lex Luger. So has Hansen. Sting's beaten Vader. So has Hansen. Hulk Hogan? Hansen's beat him. We can go on and on, but you get it here. The experience would be offset at best, and I'd even give the advantage to Hansen because he's beaten much greater wrestlers like Antonio Inoki, Jumbo Tsuruta, Giant Baba, and numerous other greats.

Moreover, there's nothing in Hansen's arsenal that can defeat Sting.
You're kidding right?

That silly clothesline? Pssh... Sting would brush that off like a knife-edged chop from Ric Flair.
OK. So you just compared Hansen's Lariat to Ric Flair's chop? :lmao:

I don't know what to say. Except no.

However, there's no doubt Hansen would never be able to escape Sting's Scorpion Death Lock, and he would have two choices: Tap out, or pass out. Sting wins by that, or simply finishing him with the Scorpion Death Drop instead. But, either way, Sting wins, and that's fact. ;)

Getting Hansen in ANY submission will be a HUGE feat of strength on Sting's part. And I don't think it happens. The Scorpion Death Drop's nothing. The Lariat is much more dangerous than the Scorpion Death Drop. So this doesn't bode well for Sting so far. I'll give Hansen the win here in a good matchup.

Curt hennig can out wrestle stan hansen..

you ask why because hes simply perfect

Hennig held titles in every promotion he went two

he also had the longest title reign of the 1990s in the WWF and held the AWA world title for over a year

Hennig was involved in two of the greatest stables in wrestling history (NWO and 4horseman)

Hennig has beatenn some of the greatest champions in history(Nick Bockwinkel, Greg and Vern Gagne Jimmy Snuka, Tito Santana, Owen Hart, Kerry von erich, brett hart, Ric Flair, Razor Ramon,Jeff Jarret,Chris benoit,Dean Malenko,Lex Luger,DDP its to many toname really)

Hes been in some of the greatest matches ever (vs bret hart at summerslam and king of the ring)

He is the wrestler who destroyed the 4horseman

he was the wrestler who made minnesota famous

he was twice in tthe final 3 of the royal rumble

He beat Brock Lesnars ass on a plane in a real fight how tough is he i meean c'mon brock Lesnar is the UFC heavyweight champ

Ric Flair and Bret Hart(among others) said he was one of the best in ring workers ever

he grew up around the business and knows the ins and outs

the lariat is the perfect way to get caught in the perfectplex

Mr Perfect wrestled all of the busineses greats and never put on a bad match. He had an endless array of moves and was an excellent technician as well as a great brawler Hansen could probably draw more but Hennig can wrestle circles around him

Curt hennig can out wrestle stan hansen..

Malarky!

you ask why because hes simply perfect
At being a mid-card champion at best. Yes He was the AWA champion, but to me, albeit a great talent, not near able to compete with Hansen.

Hennig held titles in every promotion he went two
So did Hansen. And beat better wrestlers to get those belts.

he also had the longest title reign of the 1990s in the WWF and held the AWA world title for over a year

So he can hold on to titles for a while. I could to if I were facing such competition as Giant Haystacks, Ricky Rice, and The Tonga Kid.

Hennig was involved in two of the greatest stables in wrestling history (NWO and 4horseman)

I would say he was involved in the NWO, but he's in no way a Horsemen in my eyes. Kayfabe or not. It was an angle.

Hennig has beaten some of the greatest champions in history

Has he?

(Nick Bockwinkel,
Hansen beat him.

Greg and Verne Gagne
You called Greg Gagne great. LOL. And don't know if Hansen ever faced Verne Gagne.

Jimmy Snuka,
Really now?

Tito Santana,
:lmao:

Owen Hart
Fair enough. But Hansen could beat Owen Hart, too.

Kerry von erich
Almost positive Hansen's beaten Kerry Von Erich

bret hart
Hansen can beat him.

Ric Flair
Hansen's pinned Flair in Japan. True story.

Razor Ramon
:suspic: I'm starting to get intolerant here.

Jeff Jarrett
OK, Hansen would do a stretcher job on Jeff Jarrett. On Jarrett's best night.

Chris benoit
Hansen beat Dynamite Kid. Benoit modeled his moves after Dynamite Kid. Hansen beats Benoit.

Dean Malenko
Just no. Like Malenko, but not a chance.

Lex Luger

Thumped Luger's head and ass together.

I'm not even putting his name down near DDP.

its to many toname really)
Apparently not.

Hes been in some of the greatest matches ever (vs bret hart at summerslam and king of the ring)
Hansen vs. Kobashi
Hansen/Brody vs. Funks
Hansen vs. Misawa
Hansen vs. Dr. Death Steve Williams
Hansen vs. Hulk Hogan
Hansen vs. Andre The Giant
Hansen vs. Antonio Inoki

This is just a few of Hansen's greatest matches.

He is the wrestler who destroyed the 4horseman

Bull and shit. Flair disbanded the Four Horsemen because Bischoff was fucking him over. Hennig wasn't in the league of the Four Horsemen.

he was the wrestler who made minnesota famous
As opposed to, say, Verne Gagne? This isn't even fair.

he was twice in the final 3 of the royal rumble

Hansen won the Triple Crown championships 4 times. Next.

He beat Brock Lesnars ass on a plane in a real fight how tough is he i meean c'mon brock Lesnar is the UFC heavyweight champ

Well, Hansen nearly knocked Vader's eye out of his socket. With his forearm. Sober. Next.
Ric Flair and Bret Hart(among others) said he was one of the best in ring workers ever
I can agree with that, but just as many say Hansen was great in the ring as well.

he grew up around the business and knows the ins and outs
Hansen did, too.

the lariat is the perfect way to get caught in the perfect plex

How do you figure that? Hansen goes for the Lariat, only to walk into a Perfect Plex? This isn't the Brooklyn Brawler here. This is one of the smartest, cagiest wrestlers to ever live.

Mr Perfect wrestled all of the busineses greats and never put on a bad match. He had an endless array of moves and was an excellent technician as well as a great brawler Hansen could probably draw more but Hennig can wrestle circles around him

Wrestling this and wrestling that. Hansen can do that, too. But he can also brawl, something that Hennig fails miserably at. Tried brawling with Jerry Lawler and failed. Hansen beat Lawler within an inch of his life only for it to end in a no-contest due to it being in Memphis, Lawler's hometown. So what you have proven is that Curt Hennig, while a solid ring technician, beat great wrestlers and can counter a clothesline into a fisherman's suplex. Which he can't do. Hansen beats Hennig.

Every match I've ever seen between these two has ended in a DQ or a countout. That's it; I've yet to see Hansen pin Andre's shoulders to the mat, or make him submit. As far as I'm aware of, four men have done such a thing; Inoki, Canek, Hogan, and Warrior. That's it, that's the list.
A win is a win. Didn't say Hansen can PIN your favorite wrestler. But Hansen can BEAT him. And Hansen did beat him. By countout. Which is a win for Hansen.

And you know how easily Andre handles bulls like that?
Yes I do. Yet, still managed to get knocked silly by The Lariat.

He made Kamala into his own play toy down in WCCW. Andre's been paired with Abdullah before, too, and Abdullah came out with the loss. Both of these wrestlers have the same wild mindset that Hansen does, and Andre handled them well. Andre typically does better against strong wild men. Just ask how being wild and strong worked for Killer Khan and company.

So does Hansen. Hansen can also out think most wrestlers and as awesome as Andre the Giant is, he wasn't the most ring smart person. He used his size, which is smart, except when you keep getting weakened until a strong blow knocks you down. Hansen handled Andre well in EVERY contest they had. Win or loss.

Oh Lariat, you know better than that, man; in Japan, there's no such thing as true heels and faces. Some wrestlers work heelish movesets, but we both know that Puro is based on the reasoning that heels and faces are irrelevant to the fans. They cheer, root, and will, the biggest star on to victory 99% of the time, and though you have face pops in Japan (See; Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, et all.) There's no such thing as heels and faces. And 90% of the time, Lariat, the bigger star goes over in Japan. Hansen's a great superstar, but he's nowhere near Andre's league, in any country. Yes, even Japan.
Yet Andre put him over by letting him BODYSLAM him! And get a victory over him. I say that put Hansen over real well. And Andre is a draw that no one may see ever again. And he put Hansen over in Japan when Hansen was 27 years old. That shows me that Andre respected Hansen and thought he was worthy of looking so strong against him.

Except in this one, Lariat, because you, in your foolhardy matter, gave me a deafult no DQ match. Want some proof?
I can see it.

So no, Larait, it doesn't equal a count out victory, because in all NO DQ matches, count out's are also negated.

No it's not. No DQ means you can't be disqualified for using weapons, low blows, or doing anything illegal. A count out can still happen in a No DQ match. And the No DQ rule is simply used because we don't want weapons being a factor in how we'd judge our matches.

You're of course referring to same said body slamming match, a match in which Andre was Disqualified, aren't you?

Yea. And a DQ meant a win for Hansen didn't it? See... the wording there is BEAT. I know that Andre is hard to pin. And is also hard to beat.

Well, it could, but Andre has onlt tapped once cleanly in his career, to Inoki. I love Hansen, but he's not the technical machine Inoki is.
Absolutely not. Never said he was. I was just saying if push comes to shove, Hansen has a submission in his possession and can use it at will.

Again, count outs are not happening here. There must be a winner, and when push comes to shove, it's going to be Andre. You know it as well as I do.

Why wouldn't it? I never said it was a No Countout match. Regardless of whether it is or not, Hansen CAN pin Andre the Giant. The only reason Hansen didn't pin Andre was because he knocked him out. Yea, Andre was counted out because he was knocked cold by the Lariat. How many people can say they knocked Andre out cold? So the fact is, Andre is a marvel of human nature, but Hansen has and CAN beat him.

I was mulling it, but this seemed to be the best debate we could have, after all.

True. I do like a Race/Hansen matchup though.

show me one great technical match hansen has had

At being a mid-card champion at best. Yes He was the AWA champion, but to me, albeit a great talent, not near able to compete with Hansen.

The AWA world championship is not a mid-card championship.. Hansen is quite talented and im impressed with his stiffness but curt was the far more talented WRESTLER in a bar room brawl Hansen wins but in a good ole fashioned rasslin match im takin curt

damn i cant figure the quote thing out

So did Hansen. And beat better wrestlers to get those belts.

Hansen beat the best in Japan Hennig Beat the best in the Two top worldwide promotions ever

So he can hold on to titles for a while. I could to if I were facing such competition as Giant Haystacks, Ricky Rice, and The Tonga Kid.

so he never faced any real talent in any of his title reigns??

I would say he was involved in the NWO, but he's in no way a Horsemen in my eyes. Kayfabe or not. It was an angle.

ill give you this one but the NWO was one of the most important parts of the monday night wars and hennig was a major player in that stable

this must be a joke

Hansen beat him

i didnt mean to do this like this my bad i meant to have it all grouped together

You called Greg Gagne great. LOL. And don't know if Hansen ever faced Verne Gagne.

well hennig did and he beat him

Really now?

indeed

Fair enough. But Hansen could beat Owen Hart, too.

too much speed for hansen

Almost positive Hansen's beaten Kerry Von Erich

this could be another good matchup for hansen but were talking about curt hennig now

Hansen's pinned Flair in Japan. True story.

Hennig pinned Flair in America

Hansen vs. Kobashi
Hansen/Brody vs. Funks
Hansen vs. Misawa
Hansen vs. Dr. Death Steve Williams
Hansen vs. Hulk Hogan
Hansen vs. Andre The Giant
Hansen vs. Antonio Inoki

This is just a few of Hansen's greatest matches.

those were just a few of curt's
Hennig vs Wahoo Mcdaniel
Hennig vs jerry lawler
Hennig vs Roddy Piper
Mr. Perfect vs HBK
Hennig vs davey boy smith
Hennig vs Benoit

Bull and shit. Flair disbanded the Four Horsemen because Bischoff was fucking him over. Hennig wasn't in the league of the Four Horsemen.

Hennig wasnt in the league of the horseman but he was in the league of the NWO

As opposed to, say, Verne Gagne? This isn't even fair.

you can have this one but of all the hall of fame caliber wrestlers to come from minnesota is Hennig not in the top 5

Hansen won the Triple Crown championships 4 times. Next.

wat does this have to do with being one of the final competitors in the most prestigous battle royals in wrestling

Well, Hansen nearly knocked Vader's eye out of his socket. With his forearm. Sober. Next.

Vader is not the UFC heavyweight champion and vader is not a 2 time ncaa all american wrestler

I can agree with that, but just as many say Hansen was great in the ring as well.

Hennig has hall of fame endorsements from wrestlers considered to be the best of all time saying hes the best theyve worked with

Hansen did, too.

valid case in point both trained bye legends

How do you figure that? Hansen goes for the Lariat, only to walk into a Perfect Plex? This isn't the Brooklyn Brawler here. This is one of the smartest, cagiest wrestlers to ever live.

so who is hennig supposed to be disco inferno? Hansen tries to do his clothesline hennig ducks hits his own clothesline to the back of the head goes around to the front of hanse and boom perfectplex sorry i didnt elaborate on that

Wrestling this and wrestling that. Hansen can do that, too. But he can also brawl, something that Hennig fails miserably at. Tried brawling with Jerry Lawler and failed. Hansen beat Lawler within an inch of his life only for it to end in a no-contest due to it being in Memphis, Lawler's hometown. So what you have proven is that Curt Hennig, while a solid ring technician, beat great wrestlers and can counter a clothesline into a fisherman's suplex. Which he can't do. Hansen beats Hennig

hennig is to athletic for hansen. hennig also had the fishermans ddt which would put hansen out. hennig just has to mutch offense and hansen cant handle it

shame this match never actually happened as these are truely two of the greats

So is this kayfabe wise? If so then I would go with Ken Shamrock or Dan Severn. Both are legit tough guys seeing that they have both fought in the UFC and have been very sucsessful in the cage and in the ring. Both men have won the NWA Heavyweight Championship and the UFC Championships. It probably disqualifies me that I have never heard of Hansen til I joined this forum and looked him up but I'm not claiming to know alot about wrestling around the world. I just would have a hard time believing that your favorite wrestler could beat either of these two in a match if it turned into a shoot. Shamrock is around 215 and Severn is around 250 and has had over 100 matches in mma winning like 90 or something. So if this match is a shoot then either one of these men could make Hansen tap.

show me one great technical match hansen has had

First, you need to learn to make quotes. We have a quote button on the top of this box beside the mountain with the sunset. When you need to quote something, highlight the words, and click that button. And I can show you lots of them, but I'm tired and YouTube has bunches of them.

The AWA world championship is not a mid-card championship.. Hansen is quite talented and im impressed with his stiffness but curt was the far more talented WRESTLER in a bar room brawl Hansen wins but in a good ole fashioned rasslin match im takin curt

It's 'techincally' a world title, but it didn't have the prestige that the NWA and WWF titles had.

damn i cant figure the quote thing out

Yea, you failed at that.

Hansen beat the best in Japan Hennig Beat the best in the Two top worldwide promotions ever

Most of those wrestlers he fought in Japan were the best in the top two worldwide promotions.

so he never faced any real talent in any of his title reigns??

No he did not.

ill give you this one but the NWO was one of the most important parts of the monday night wars and hennig was a major player in that stable

No he wasn't. He played a weak role for a short time. He was US champion for what seemed like 6 minutes. Never was the focus of a major angle with that group.

this must be a joke

No. It's real, real son.

i didnt mean to do this like this my bad i meant to have it all grouped together

???

well hennig did and he beat him

Well pin a rose on his nose. He beat a legend 10-40 years past his prime. Hansen beat some great athletes in their PRIME. This is irrelevant anyway, as Hansen would beat Hennig.

too much speed for hansen

No. Hansen will deal with Hennig's speed just fine.

this could be another good matchup for hansen but were talking about curt hennig now

You brought him up. I just responded in kind. So keep on track.

Hennig pinned Flair in America

Yea...pinning Flair in the early 1980's meant a WHOLE LOT more than pinning Flair in 1998. Flair jobbed to anyone and everyone in WCW during his final run there.

those were just a few of curt's
Hennig vs Wahoo Mcdaniel
Hennig vs jerry lawler
Hennig vs Roddy Piper
Mr. Perfect vs HBK
Hennig vs davey boy smith
Hennig vs Benoit

All are worthy foes, but I'll take my list of good matches Hansen has.

Hennig wasnt in the league of the horseman but he was in the league of the NWO

Sure.

you can have this one but of all the hall of fame caliber wrestlers to come from minnesota is Hennig not in the top 5

Let's see...

Ric Flair
Verne Gagne
Ole Anderson
Gene Anderson
Rick Rude

Nope. Not even in the Top 5.

wat does this have to do with being one of the final competitors in the most prestigous battle royals in wrestling

Because the Triple Crown Tournament in Japan is much more prestigious than the Royal Rumble. Names from around the world competed in that tourney, including WWE and NWA wrestlers.

Vader is not the UFC heavyweight champion and vader is not a 2 time ncaa all american wrestler

Talking about Lesnar. Oh ok. Well, Vader was actually a successful football player for the University of Colorado and even played a few years with the Los Angeles Rams. Lesnar didn't even make the practice squad in the NFL.

Hennig has hall of fame endorsements from wrestlers considered to be the best of all time saying hes the best theyve worked with

So does Hansen.

valid case in point both trained bye legends

Yep.

so who is hennig supposed to be disco inferno? Hansen tries to do his clothesline hennig ducks hits his own clothesline to the back of the head goes around to the front of hanse and boom perfectplex sorry i didnt elaborate on that

NO worries. Making this so easy on me. Hennig would not get the Perfect Plex on him. Simple as that. Hansen would win with a Lariat and it would be somewhat easy.

hennig is to athletic for hansen. hennig also had the fishermans ddt which would put hansen out. hennig just has to mutch offense and hansen cant handle it

Umm... I'll give you athleticism. But there's no way Hennig's moveset would even have an effect on Hansen. Hennig can't brawl and is subject to making mistakes, which would cause Hansen to capitalize and win the match.

shame this match never actually happened as these are truely two of the greats

It would be a good match. A match that Hennig would lose.

NO match for Hansen. I cannot wait for the Jerichoholics to come out and try to tell me I'm stupid! :rolleyes:

I have to disagree but you knew I was going to say that anyway.

Texas, LOL. Sure he's from Texas, but he's wrestled the majority of his matches in Japan. And speed and ring savvy were things that many wrestlers possessed. Dynamite Kid for one, even Johnny Ace was halfway decent, and so was Misawa... but what do those wrestlers have in common? They fell to the LARIAT!

The Lariat doesn't win every time pal. Dynamite Kid was one thing but Jericho's more mat based here and now. Misawa well that's not important what is improtant is that Jericho has enough techniques in that move set to counter the Lariat into a Code Breaker (yes it looks piss weak but it's still a pretty solid counter).

I like this point on Jericho. Hansen might underestimate the punishment that Jericho can take. But to me... I don't see a ring veteran like Hansen doing that. This won't be easy by no means, but Jericho won't beat Hansen.

Jericho's clever enough to lure Hansen into a false set of security and roll him up. That's something Jericho does have that Hansen lacks, sly and cunning.

NO he's not. Jericho wrestled in ECW, but was a cruiserweight there and wrestled very few matches involving weapons. But this is only to offset any arguments about weaponry and stuff. Doesn't mean they'll use them. It means they can and that would be Jericho's only chance to beat Hansen.

I accept this but if there's a ladder envolved then Hansen is screwed.

Hardy har har. In all seriousness, I don't Jericho can pull a win off here. Hansen dominates here because Jericho's submission is tough to get on someone like Hansen, and Hansen' hardly down for a long period of time. And Hansen can hit a short armed Lariat out of nowhere as well as sending Jericho into the ropes to do it. So Jericho, in my opinion, can't beat Stan Hansen.

Hansen isn't that tall so I accept that fact but Jericho's got more than that trick up his sleeve. A large moveset while Hansen continues to use that Lariat. Predictable (but still painful as hell).

In closing, Chris Jericho should beat Stan Hansen because he has the ability to catch Hansen off guard while Hansen rely's on his old stiff style and Jericho (if he can get that Lion Tamer locked in) can make Hansen tap out! Thank You

Xfear beat me to it, but I too was going to suggest Kobashi. So I'm going to run with it, but with my own argument I was going to use.
Because Kobashi models most of his moves AFTER Hansen, including the Lariat. So even though Kobashi has a devastating Lariat, Hansen's the originator and counters that move better than anyone.
I agree with you there, Kobashi does have a lot of moves that he models after Hansen, most famously his Burning Lariat. That means that both men would have counters to just about every one of these shared moves. These men have faced off on multiple occasions, and I agree with you that if they had a best of seven series at the time they were wrestling each other, Hansen could possibly come out on top, 4-3. But, there's one major move that Kobashi added to his arsenal after these matches would have taken place.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OHHnMzfBvvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OHHnMzfBvvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
The match would probably go for 30+ minutes, both attempting to end it with the Lariat. Kobashi would eventually get fed up and summon the strength to pull out the Burning Hammer. He may have only used it on rare occasions, but I believe that Hansen is one such person who Kobashi would be willing to use it on. If Kobashi were to bring the Hammer, it's light's out for Hansen, or any other wrestler for that matter.

I have to disagree but you knew I was going to say that anyway.
I did.

The Lariat doesn't win every time pal. Dynamite Kid was one thing but Jericho's more mat based here and now. Misawa well that's not important what is improtant is that Jericho has enough techniques in that move set to counter the Lariat into a Code Breaker (yes it looks piss weak but it's still a pretty solid counter).
It wins about 90 percent of the time. Maybe more than that. Hansen's Lariat clothesline is so brutal because it's stiff and meant to be a knockout blow. And it does the job. Yes, Jericho can counter into the Codebreaker, but Hansen can counter that Codebreaker into his Boston Crab/Brazos Valley Backbreaker submission. And that move won him the AWA World Title over Rick Martel, who was near his peak at that time. I'll agree that Jericho can keep him off balance, but Hansen just needs one time to nail Jericho with a stiff shot and it slows him down.

Jericho's clever enough to lure Hansen into a false set of security and roll him up. That's something Jericho does have that Hansen lacks, sly and cunning.
Sly and cunning. Yea, can't buy that. Hansen rarely if ever gets rolled up. And Jericho sure as hell won't be the first to do so.

I accept this but if there's a ladder envolved then Hansen is screwed.
Maybe, maybe not. But it isn't a ladder match. Just NO DQ. So if anything, Hansen would mame Jericho with that ladder.

Hansen isn't that tall so I accept that fact but Jericho's got more than that trick up his sleeve. A large moveset while Hansen continues to use that Lariat. Predictable (but still painful as hell).

Jericho's no taller than 5'9. And I'm being pretty generous with that. Hansen is easily 6'5, which is over half a foot of height advantage. Not to mention a weight advantage as well. Hansen has power moves and can also wear you down by just beating on you, which is something Jericho can't do.

In closing, Chris Jericho should beat Stan Hansen because he has the ability to catch Hansen off guard while Hansen rely's on his old stiff style and Jericho (if he can get that Lion Tamer locked in) can make Hansen tap out! Thank You
I can give you this. Hansen's back isn't exactly the healthiest in the world, and if Jericho is able to weaken him and get him in that move, then Hansen may have a rough time. But I don't see that happening. Hansen's strong, ring smart, and can beat Chris Jericho.

Xfear beat me to it, but I too was going to suggest Kobashi. So I'm going to run with it, but with my own argument I was going to use.

I'll allow it.
I agree with you there, Kobashi does have a lot of moves that he models after Hansen, most famously his Burning Lariat. That means that both men would have counters to just about every one of these shared moves. These men have faced off on multiple occasions, and I agree with you that if they had a best of seven series at the time they were wrestling each other, Hansen could possibly come out on top, 4-3. But, there's one major move that Kobashi added to his arsenal after these matches would have taken place.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OHHnMzfBvvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OHHnMzfBvvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

As devastating as that move is, he's NOT getting Hansen in position to hit it. Simple as that. Sure Kobashi's strong enough, but Hansen will make sure he counters that move into the Lariat.

The match would probably go for 30+ minutes, both attempting to end it with the Lariat. Kobashi would eventually get fed up and summon the strength to pull out the Burning Hammer. He may have only used it on rare occasions, but I believe that Hansen is one such person who Kobashi would be willing to use it on. If Kobashi were to bring the Hammer, it's light's out for Hansen, or any other wrestler for that matter.

If he hits that move on Hansen, yea, he probably beats him. But Hansen doesn't get manhandled often and I've never seen him put in a position to be put on anyone's shoulders. Lex Luger had a tough time even getting in position to put him in the Torture Rack, which starts out the same as the Burning Hammer. So I like that case, but alas, Hansen won't let himself get put in that move.

As devastating as that move is, he's NOT getting Hansen in position to hit it. Simple as that. Sure Kobashi's strong enough, but Hansen will make sure he counters that move into the Lariat.
I'll give the point to you that it is a bit hard to set up, especially compared to the lariat. What if he were to try the one executed to an opponent on the turnbuckle?
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpDu1klifIg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpDu1klifIg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
It's quite possible that Hansen will end up face towards the corner after Kobashi ducks a lariat. In addition, it's a lot easier when you're trying to execute it on someone who is a bit tired out. You've said it yourself that Hansen isn't the most athletic guy out there. Kobashi has kept himself in much better shape through his career then Hansen has. I'm not saying if you have a Kobashi with the Burning Hammer in his arsenal in his prime against a Hansen in his prime, Kobashi would win every time. I'm saying that in this new best of seven scenario, Kobashi would be the one to win 4-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back