• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why do so many people hate ECW?

If you think ECW was good, you're an idiot. It's okay to like terrible things (I still watch Saved by the Bell, for example), but if you think it was high quality you're an idiot.

That's why the WCW and WWF were making money hand over fist, and ECW was busy going bankrupt. This is what I'm talking about when I say only idiots think ECW was good.

Money doesn't have much to do with me liking them or not. I love classic pro wrestling. To be honest, my top 10 favorite pro wrestling matches of all time does not include an ECW match. I'm willing to admit that the ECW could never hold a candle to the WWF's 1985-1992 era(or their timeperiod beginning around 2001 to 2007ish which I'm just now really seeing, and I think is a bit underrated), or most of the classic NWA/WCW/WCCW/AWA/Canadien Stampede stuff.

I still think the ECW was pretty awesome. Whether or not it can be classified as Pro Wrestling, or if they made any money, I just like it. I'm sorry man. I like spot fest matches, and I love Terry Funk.

That is pretty crazy that you are running through here calling everyone idiots.

There must be a reason why you are being so thorough, and insulting. Something personal, like a jelousy or something.

No big problem if you don't like it, or don't think it is wrestling, but insulting someone over their opinon is goofy, and really devalues these forums altogether. Not a very friendly place here is it. Not like some other places I know of where you get much more respect if someone disagrees with you.

Way to represent your forums.

I don't think it is neccesary to call someone an idiot for having an opinion on something that differs to your own. Fair enough putting your views across on something, such as ECW and letting everyone know what you think- it's a discussion forum. But going around insulting people who happen to think ECW was "good" and calling them idiots is not needed.

ECW wasn't perfect, and people do probably look back at it through rose-tinted glasses and remember it as better than it actually was. But plenty of people enjoyed it then, still do today. That doesn't make them idiots, it just means that they class something as good and entertaining when you yourself don't.

Everyone has an opinion, plenty differ to mine. I'm ok with that. I like what I like and don't really mind what anyone else likes. Why would someone else thinking something is "good" annoy me enough to insult them for it?

I tried to watch ECW in the 90s, at the age I was, it was utter rubbish, but it was fun to watch. But, like Sly said on page 1, I would never, ever consider it to be good in any way, shape or form. It was CRAP. But, I would be lying if I denied that it was vaguely entertaining to me as a late teens/early 20s single guy. ECW felt dirty. Like I was watching something I shouldn't be watching...which, when you are 18, is exactly what makes you want to watch it even more.

I was never really a "fan" of ECW, more like a casual viewer. It aired at midnight on saturday nights where I live, and watching it gave me the same guilty pleasure that watching Jerry Springer might.

It's weird. I kind of find myself in between the two sides here. As a 36 year old, if that shit came out now, I would never, ever even consider watching it. But as an 18 year old, who just wanted to watch any wrestling he could, I did kind of, sort of, in a cheap, lowest common denominator way enjoy it. Not because it was quality wrestling, it was shit, absolute shit...I enjoyed it because I felt like I was getting away with something.

I would compare it to scary movies. It's okay if scary movies are really well made (Jaws), and it's okay if scary movies are so poorly done that they are funny/campy (Evil Dead). It's the mediocre ones, that aren't scary enough, but also not schlocky enough to be funny that suck (Any of the SAW sequels). ECW was so bad that it was mildly entertaining. But Sly is right...it was absolute crap.

Yeah, I had no issues with any of the opinions here. In fact, I found a few of the anti ECW posts quite interesting. Sometimes it is interesting to see why exactly someone doesn't agree with you, that is why I like internet forums in general, to see things through a different perspective sometimes.

What grabbed my attention was bieng called an idiot with questionable mental stability. I don't appreciate that at all. The fact that it was one of the senior posters here says a lot about these forums.

As for my personal tastes in Pro Wrestling:

My favorite Pro Wrestlers of all time:

1. Bret Hart
2. Billy Robinson(look him up right now!)
3. Andre The Giant(without Andre, there is no Hulkamania, without Hulkamania, who knows where pro wrestling would be today)

I enjoyed ECW for what it is - something completely different. The chaotic matches and bloodfests aside, I enjoyed ECW more often than not. The matches had a different way to tell the story, the intensity of the crowd / wrestlers were fantastic at its best, and there were times I was legit shocked (powerbombing women, Dudleyz winning the title right before moving to WWFE, Taz v. Awesome for an interpromotional match). The promos were pretty cool at times and the wrestlers, for the most part, seemed to enjoy being there.

It wasn't better than WWFE, and often not better than WCW, but I did appreciate ECW for what it was - something different.

What I am about to say, is purely my opinion. Let me say, I speak for no one but myself and I'm not a HUGE fan of WWE either, I don't like a lot of what they do. I guess, I never liked ECW because I'm old school. I was a pro-wrestler for 10 years, I trained at Jimmy Valiant's school (camp) in Shawsville, Virginia, and grew up watching NWA, UCW, WCCW, USWA, etc. I enjoyed the psychology aspect, the huge pops for something unexpected. Like Nikita Koloff taking the US Title from Magnum. When a Russian, took the US Title, oh man...I thought the world had ended (I was a kid). It meant something when a guy cheated and used a weapon. However, ECW took things well beyond the believability factor. I realize what the guys did, took a lot of guts and heart. It's name said it all: Extreme. For me, it was just to much. I miss the days where the boys tried to protect the business and never broke kayfabe. What ECW did was depict assault with a deadly weapon for the most part. Weapons were used in almost every match and the idea of a weapon, meant nothing. I can remember, when heels would hide a weapon on his person, the ref would frisk him for weapons at the beginning of a match, and the heel would move it from his boot, to under his arm and back as the ref wasn't looking. The heel would milk that hidden weapon all match. The fans anticipation of that hidden weapon, really got them jacked. Especially when the face later caught him with it, and tossed it out of the ring, or when the heel FINALLY used it. All of that psychology, was pissed away in ECW. Sure, they had AWESOME matches sometimes with Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, etc, but most of the time it was guys that wouldn't know a wristlock from a wristwatch: Balls Mahoney (spelling?), Dreamer, Sabu, Sandman, New Jack etc...just juicing for an hour or calling nothing but high spots, it drained the fans, and they didn't know when to cheer, or get excited. The entire idea of psychology was thrown out the window as there were no count outs and no dq's. You could do whatever, whenever. So for me, even as a worker, I would wonder how the marks were entertained by it. I mean, if you can't get dq'ed, just bring a bat to every match. Have another guy interfere every match. Kick him in the balls, over and over until he submitted. Poke his eyes out. Yeah, yeah, entertainment, fake. But what you "sell" has to make sense. If you can do whatever you want, when you want, then just do what it takes from the beginning and get it over with. Why would some of the meanest, nastiest guys on the planet, play nice for the first 5minutes and THEN break bad. It made no sense. If it's about winning, money and winning titles, and ultimately, that is what people cheer for, they cheer for their guy to win. So if there was no penalty for cheating, just cheat from the beginning. To me, it just didn't make sense. Why set a table on fire to put a guy through it? If you wanna burn him, put the lighter fluid on HIM and set HIM on fire, that should do it. The guys in the business that I worked with, frowned on ECW in a big way. They were referred to as glorified stuntmen. With no understanding of the business. A lot of fans I spoke to, became burnt out on the product quickly and found themselves wondering "Whats next?" What can they do, to top themselves? ECW was for SURE, hardcore, but they backed themselves in to a corner they couldn't get out of. Even though it's entertainment, and we know it's fake, there IS a line that shouldn't be crossed because once you do, you can't come back. Finishing moves meant nothing. It doesn't make sense for a guy to get pinned with a DDT or powerbomb, if the previous week he was just hit by a car and thrown off a building and didn't lose. Having said all that, let me say this, obviously not EVERYBODY thought ECW was garbage. However, at the end of the day, did ECW survive? No. They had HUGE payroll problems at the end for a reason: What they did...didn't work. It didn't work enough to meet payroll and it didn't work enough to keep the company afloat. Just my two cents.

I think it's funny that someone made a mention that someone said if you hit someone with a bat 6 times and there not dead you're a pussy, but if you punch someone in the face 30 times in 5 minutes and they get back up you're still a pussy. I guess I don't see much of a difference. Neither one is really that beleivable when you think about it.

And as a 14 year old, you probably knew nothing about pro wrestling. Kind of proving my point here.

Not that I didn't know anything, 14 year olds just tend to like garbage and think that broken tables and ****ty manager sideboob is the greatest thing in the world... it was immaturity

...which is good, because this statement is ridiculous.

ECW didn't shape the Attitude Era. The nWo shaped the Attitude Era. WCW ripped the idea of the nWo from a company in Japan. The Attitude Era existed because WCW proved there was an 18-34 year old male fanbase who was willing to pay money for the product. Had that never happened, Attitude Era would never have happened. It's that simple.

The nWo was what required WWE to change the game plan, but between the hardcore matches and using ECW as a talent pipeline, the new product was more ECW than WCW. It's also a formula WCW tried later on... didn't work so well for them.

Except they had already been noticed. As I mentioned, Benoit already had worked for WCW, as had Mysterio. Do you really think the name "Guerrero" wasn't known by WCW before Eddie went to ECW Really?

Yes, Benoit worked for WCW... for like, six months. Obviously something didn't work out, he went back to Japan and no one cared, he then went to ECW and obviously impressed someone.

Yes, we do know. The spotlight was also on Mike Awesome, but he wasn't good enough to do anything with it.

What are you talking about? Mike Awesome was an amazing talent... I couldn't even type that with a straight face. Yes, ECW had awful talent like Mike Awesome... in fact they had more bad talent than good. But success is about 70% opportunity and 30% talent... ECW gave opportunity

That's the difference between Jericho and ECW guys. Jericho was going to be a star, regardless of where he spent a brief amount of time before going to WCW. Jericho made himself known to wrestling fans across the country in WCW, and made himself a main-eventer in the WWE. ECW had nothing to do with it, most wrestling fans didn't have the first clue who Jericho was before his time in WCW.

Like I said above, success is more opportunity than talent... would he have been awarded the same opportunity without ECW? I don't know...

What about him(Rob Van Dam)? He was a terrible worker.

What about them(Taz and Lance Storm)? They never got over in front of a national wrestling audience. Who cares about them? Get back to me when they got over in front of a national audience and weren't horrible in-ring workers.

I wouldn't call RVD terrible, not the greatest, but not terrible. Regardless, he was over... Hulk Hogan was a terrible in-ring worker... he was over.

So you're problem with Taz and Storm is they never got over, yet RVD did and you think no different of him.... and did you actually call Lance Storm horrible in-ring? I feel the need to insult your intelligence. Storm had no charisma or star qualities but in-ring skill he had in spades.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yes, those years he spent in WCW working as a United States champion and half of a very good tag team had nothing to do with it.

Steve Austin was going to the WWF at some point. He worked in ECW because he needed a paycheck while he was healing from his injury. Once Austin was healthy, he was going to the WWF.

They definitely saw him in WCW... and they had no interest whatsoever. Steve Austin even says it in his book, it was Heyman giving him a stage to vent his frustration and let him get things off his chest that got him noticed by Vince McMahon.

What I am about to say, is purely my opinion. Let me say, I speak for no one but myself and I'm not a HUGE fan of WWE either, I don't like a lot of what they do. I guess, I never liked ECW because I'm old school. I was a pro-wrestler for 10 years, I trained at Jimmy Valiant's school (camp) in Shawsville, Virginia, and grew up watching NWA, UCW, WCCW, USWA, etc. I enjoyed the psychology aspect, the huge pops for something unexpected. Like Nikita Koloff taking the US Title from Magnum. When a Russian, took the US Title, oh man...I thought the world had ended (I was a kid). It meant something when a guy cheated and used a weapon. However, ECW took things well beyond the believability factor. I realize what the guys did, took a lot of guts and heart. It's name said it all: Extreme. For me, it was just to much. I miss the days where the boys tried to protect the business and never broke kayfabe. What ECW did was depict assault with a deadly weapon for the most part. Weapons were used in almost every match and the idea of a weapon, meant nothing. I can remember, when heels would hide a weapon on his person, the ref would frisk him for weapons at the beginning of a match, and the heel would move it from his boot, to under his arm and back as the ref wasn't looking. The heel would milk that hidden weapon all match. The fans anticipation of that hidden weapon, really got them jacked. Especially when the face later caught him with it, and tossed it out of the ring, or when the heel FINALLY used it. All of that psychology, was pissed away in ECW. Sure, they had AWESOME matches sometimes with Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, etc, but most of the time it was guys that wouldn't know a wristlock from a wristwatch: Balls Mahoney (spelling?), Dreamer, Sabu, Sandman, New Jack etc...just juicing for an hour or calling nothing but high spots, it drained the fans, and they didn't know when to cheer, or get excited. The entire idea of psychology was thrown out the window as there were no count outs and no dq's. You could do whatever, whenever. So for me, even as a worker, I would wonder how the marks were entertained by it. I mean, if you can't get dq'ed, just bring a bat to every match. Have another guy interfere every match. Kick him in the balls, over and over until he submitted. Poke his eyes out. Yeah, yeah, entertainment, fake. But what you "sell" has to make sense. If you can do whatever you want, when you want, then just do what it takes from the beginning and get it over with. Why would some of the meanest, nastiest guys on the planet, play nice for the first 5minutes and THEN break bad. It made no sense. If it's about winning, money and winning titles, and ultimately, that is what people cheer for, they cheer for their guy to win. So if there was no penalty for cheating, just cheat from the beginning. To me, it just didn't make sense. Why set a table on fire to put a guy through it? If you wanna burn him, put the lighter fluid on HIM and set HIM on fire, that should do it. The guys in the business that I worked with, frowned on ECW in a big way. They were referred to as glorified stuntmen. With no understanding of the business. A lot of fans I spoke to, became burnt out on the product quickly and found themselves wondering "Whats next?" What can they do, to top themselves? ECW was for SURE, hardcore, but they backed themselves in to a corner they couldn't get out of. Even though it's entertainment, and we know it's fake, there IS a line that shouldn't be crossed because once you do, you can't come back. Finishing moves meant nothing. It doesn't make sense for a guy to get pinned with a DDT or powerbomb, if the previous week he was just hit by a car and thrown off a building and didn't lose. Having said all that, let me say this, obviously not EVERYBODY thought ECW was garbage. However, at the end of the day, did ECW survive? No. They had HUGE payroll problems at the end for a reason: What they did...didn't work. It didn't work enough to meet payroll and it didn't work enough to keep the company afloat. Just my two cents.

I respect this opinion. I enjoy the psychology involved in matches with traditional rules. I even liked the old Ole Anderson WCW rules back when it was illegal to jump off of the top rope. It just created a unique setting, and a unique wrestling style. I liked the WCW's "You have to be good on the mat to go anywhere here" setting under Ole's booking.

With that said, I think that by the time the ECW started doing the a lot of the weapons stuff, and the different psychology it was a fresh breath of air. I think people had evolved past the traditional Good Guys vs Bad guys, no weapons allowed days. I for one used to get PISSED OFF when an important match for a title would end in a double count out, or the challenger would win by DQ(allowing the champion to keep the belt). I always felt like that type of booking was cheap, and robbed me of my money. With the ECW I was glad to see those days over with.

"Wait, what?

If you think Mysterio matches have no psychology and don't tell a story, either from his WCW days or his WWE days, you obviously have no idea what psychology or telling a story is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of you for recognizing the crap which came out of ECW, but your statement is flat out wrong. I'm HOPING your statement is reflective of what you've heard other people say about Mysterio, and not actually your own opinion on the matter."

Actually, I was expressing the views of numerous people in the wrestling industry and I have heard this said by Ted Dibiase, Jim Ross and Vince McMahon. I guess they know nothing either.

I thought ECW was great. Everyone there was doing it out of passion because god knows they weren't getting paid compared to what the guys in WCW/WWF were getting. Back in the days though I didn't get to see alot of it other than the occasional ppv because it was never on locally at the same time. One week it was on at 7pm, the next at 11pm, etc but I do remember thinking it was alot different and more realistic than what the big guys were doing and I admired that in of itself.

Personally, I dislike (can't say I hate it because I didn't watch it enough) ECW because it's easy to get crowds to pop for hitting someone with a cookie sheet, so much so that it makes matches that don't include "hardcore" aspects seem uninteresting, uninspiring. ECW, and by extension Hardcore Wrestling takes away from wrestling in general because it isn't.
Of course, ECW had quite a few diamonds in the rough (RVD, Malenko, Eddie) but it's not that hard to stand out in ECW, if everyone is beating each other with household items and you're the only guy doing wristlocks. hell, in this day and age I wouldn't even call it "sports Entertainment" because there's no sport. "Hardcore Entertainment" is what it should be and should have been called.
Hitting someone with a cane to get a reaction is beyond easy mode, and just like playing on easy mode for too long, a person's senses get dulled and in the realm of wrestling, getting the crowd to pop over actual wrestling gets that much harder.
I dislike ECW because it takes the shine away from actual wrestlers doing their actual craft, their art. There's no art in light tubes; Only slow suffocating cancer, which is what ECW and it's "Hardcore Revolution" did to wrestling over time.

I think there is a lot of ECW backlash based primarily on the fact that some many people act like it was great when it simply wasn't.

I did really enjoy ECW. It definitely was something different and definitely had a decent amount of talent flow through there. But it was the "minor leagues" and it is clear in the production value of most of their events.

They got lucky to have talent like Rob Van Dam and Taz stick around so long because it kept them relevant for about as long as they could have. And it DEFINITELY had a big impact on mainstream wrestling.

But it's edginess and its violence were nice ... but definitely not spectacular and definitely not good enough to draw and audience to make it legitimately compete with WCW and WWF.

It by far is the most successful "third" promotion there probably ever will be, but those that look back on it as something so wonderful are probably forgetting that while their main events and top talent were often very nice ... their midcard and low talent was regularly garbage at best.

With that said, I think that by the time the ECW started doing the a lot of the weapons stuff, and the different psychology it was a fresh breath of air. I think people had evolved past the traditional Good Guys vs Bad guys, no weapons allowed days. I for one used to get PISSED OFF when an important match for a title would end in a double count out, or the challenger would win by DQ(allowing the champion to keep the belt). I always felt like that type of booking was cheap, and robbed me of my money. With the ECW I was glad to see those days over with.

Same here. It was nice to see the actual wrestlers on the weekly show instead of every match being nothing but jobber squashes and a non-finish main event always ending in DQ, countouts, schmozzes, or oops we're out of time.

I was also tired of the one dimensional Saturday Morning Cartoon characters like WCW's Dungeon of Doom and WWF's clowns and pig farmers. I was sick of the goody two shoes babyfaces who were complete dopes who always fell for the heels tricks.

If bullshit like that is supposed to be pure, wholesome, "good" wrestling I'll take the garbage wrestling hands down.

Because it was garbage, trashy wrestling. I think it's okay, highly overrated though. The fans made the product, I've never seen such fucking loyal fans. Ever. The way they treated the WWE's talent at ONS '06 wasn't funny it was just disrespectful, they were acting like ECW was the greatest wrestling ever to grace the earth!

It was just okay, that's it. It was different though, I'll give them that, and it's a lot better than Crappy Zone "Wrestling".

I'm on the fence with ECW love/hate. I currently like the product they produced back in the late 90s. It was different. They went out there and literally bed for their craft. It was a different beast than what WWF and WCW were doing at the time. They created a niche that WWF picked up on with the Hardcore Title...

One company that tried to pick that same vibe up and failed was Wrestling Society X. Same gritty feeling and a lot of violence. I appreciated the tribute.

Back to ECW.... The nostalgia that ECW was this epic product was over rated. They weren't the best. They never tried to be. They entertained with extremely dangerous/ violent matches. It was a fan's dream but a lot of those guys aren't around the scene anymore either because they passed (RIP) or got too injured and are now suffering because of it.

The attitude they had was different and that's why they stuck out and are remembered so fondly even though ECW wasn't the best in its time.

I love ECW any ECW VCR and DVD I can get my hands on I get. Its mainly because of the SUPER AMAZING AWESOME storytelling and storyline of Tommy Dreamer/Raven/Stevie Richards/Beulah. I just think that nobody has that type of hardcore storylines like that anymore. I mean they had EVERYTHING planned out SOOOOO much history between the Tommy and Raven and Beulah! I love it and add Stevie Richards to it its freaking classic!

First, before I get into why ECW is rightfully hated let's clear a few myths up.

- ECW didn't "discover" nor bring Lucha Libre to America, WCW/Eric Bischoff did. When World's Collide 1994. Look it up.

- ECW didn't give Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Konnan, Chris Jericho ect their starts, WCW and SMW did.

- Having a crucifixion angle wasn't an ECW idea, it had already been done. Championship Wrestling of FL, early 80's. Likewise "hardcore" had already been done and been done better than ECW ever could dream of doing it. CW of FL again(AKA ECW before there was an ECW), Mid-South, Memphis, UWF and WCW had all been there, done that.

Now let's get down to it. Why does ECW get hate? Afterall they contributed alot to the business, right? Right. Let's point by point their grand contributions, shall we?

- Without ECW we would never have had dumbass teenagers wrapping themselves in barbed wire and jumping off their parents houses rooftops injuring and crippling themselves. Matter of fact ECW even had a few backyard tapes they sold in their library, condoning and encouraging it.

- Thanks to ECW every ******* who had been in the business for a few months started renting wrestling rings and opening up "hardcore" wrestling schools and promotions out of their garages and backyards.

- Thanks to ECW and said schools an entire generation of new "wrestler" came to be, maybe you've heard of them. They're called spot-monkeys. If you haven't basically a spot-monkey is some no-talent ******* who only decided to learn a bunch of highspots. They can usually be found in Jr High gymnasiums across the U.S. flipping around the ring like dumbasses with one another and bitching about people wanting to "change them." I give ECW full credit, they innovated pointless spotfests that accomplish nothing.

- Yadda yadda ECW, thanks to them now WWE and TNA have a need for developmental Indy feds because they literally have to train people to be wrestlers now that every wannabe Paul Heyman Indy promoter puts on shitty spotfests, hardcore matches and or just plain shitty matches.

- There probably wouldn't be an entitlement mentality in wrestling. They definitely contributed to the bullshit that so what if you suck? You're entitled to a big push. I'll toss one more in with this one, now there's a whole generation of Indy wrestler with a "f' the vets, wtf would THEY know?" mindset.

All that in addition to breaking kayfabe nonstop, shitting ALL OVER the Wrestling business every chance they had and putting WCW and the WWF in a position where they had to do similar in their feud with one another. ECW brought the business to its knees and I really don't see it recovering for a long, long time.

I hate, HATE to agree with Cornette on something but I've heard his comments on ECW and in many respects he is correct. Pro wrestling used to be where if you slammed some dude through a table he spent a few weeks hiding at home selling that the table and concrete floor actually, you know, injured him. ECW killed that concept. When you go from that to a 110lb crackhoe getting a piledriver through a table and getting up and shaking her ass two minutes later the table has become meaningless. ECW did that. With every prop possible in wrestling. With every highspot in wrestling. With blading and using foreign objects.

To use an analogy some will hopefully get let's use women. Wrestling was that cute as shit kinda nerdy girl in class. You had to work your way into her pants. Getting a makeout session was work and a payoff. Groping her breasts was work and a payoff. Eventually you got to hit it and got the big payoff and wanted more, right? You had to keep working to get that payoff and craved it. You kept coming back for more. That was Pro Wrestling. ECW was the cottage cheese thigh skank that put out for ANYONE and EVERYONE, all you had to do was ask. Hey if you're hard up and need relief you go see her but afterwards you move along and keep wanting the one you gotta work for. Skankarella became unimportant and was just something that was there.

That's what ECW did to the industry and it's a HUGE reason why wrestling is in the sorry state it's currently in. Thank ECW. Sky is right, Pro Wrestling WAS an Art form. ECW destroyed that and took a shit all over it every night.

Finally the last reason and the reason I personally can't stand ECW, their owner Paul Heyman. Here's a guy who has made a career out of stealing other peoples ideas, stabbing them in the back and bullshitting his way into having the WWE put out DVD's promoting him as something he never was and now has the IWC and semi-smark fans both convinced he was this genius visionary. He wasn't and isn't. Most of his big ideas and "innovations" came from Kevin Sullivan and Eric Bischoff(all the while he dedicated half his existence towards dumping all over Bischoff and WCW as he stole their ideas). I don't respect people like that.

P.S. before the accusations come flying yes I am not only old enough but gave ECW a chance clear back in 1994 and 1995 and no I am not a Cornette fan that parrots what he says. As far as i'm concerned he nearly killed the business through pure ineptitude and is on the same level as Heyman in that regard.

Fenris, that was put perfectly. ECW killed kayfabe and constantly shit on wrestling. They were a bunch of idiots who hit each other for real for shit money. Sandman prided himself on being too drunk to wrestle half the time (not like he could wrestle sober), Shane Douglous got over with the middle school crowd because he could say the "f" word in promos, and New Jack attempted to kill a fan who, for some odd reason, they let wrestle. Oh, and Mikey Whipreck??? really?...really?, thank you for making a world champion out of someone 90% of the fans could beat up in a street fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back