• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why are people not getting the Network?

A11oftheLights

Getting Noticed By Management
And when i say fans, specifically fans that will go and buy a PPV anyway.

Now I'm in Australia and the network cost little over $11 a month so I'll pay a little over $132 for 12 months. If i decided to buy 12 PPVs that would $420(no joke, the last two PPVs have $35 each). I'll save just under $300. Even if i got the major PPVs I'll still save money (WM, SummerSlam, RR and EC maybe even MITB).

Now my understanding is its roughly $60 for a PPV in America. So basically if a fan intends to get any PPV why wouldnt you get the network? You dont think you'll use all the additional stuff, your still saving money. You dont want to commit or you dont think you'll use it enough, get the the commitment free package for $12.99. Now obviously you can stream but seriously 9.99 isnt really that bad.

So why arent people getting the network?

Not that many people ever ordered a single PPV in the first place. What is the WM record about 1.2 million worldwide? To expect that group plus more to buy a new technology is a stretch. When you only open it to Americans you should be happy you got 700,000.

The math works for the die hard wrestling fans and a lot of casuals too but there is another population of casuals (the ones that are content with reading thr results online or find out the results on Raw) that are not going to buy and may remove themselves completely from the product.

Because it's comically overpriced compared to other VOD services are offers a maximum of three hours worthwhile original content per month.

There are various reasons why I will not be getting the WWE Network

• I do not have an internet ready television and have no interest in watching a three hour event at my computer desk
  • I get RAW, NXT, Smackdown, sum up shows and classic reruns on TV already
  • I buy one PPV a year, Wrestlemania, and it is much cheaper than a Network subscription
  • youtube/dailymotion fulfil my wants when it comes to everything else

The obnoxious constant shilling of the network, & lack of exclusive content. Also, according to Lance Storm it's still not available in parts of Canada, like Calgary.

Барбоса;4971187 said:
There are various reasons why I will not be getting the WWE Network

• I do not have an internet ready television and have no interest in watching a three hour event at my computer desk
  • I get RAW, NXT, Smackdown, sum up shows and classic reruns on TV already
  • I buy one PPV a year, Wrestlemania, and it is much cheaper than a Network subscription
  • youtube/dailymotion fulfil my wants when it comes to everything else

Plus the quality of content is crap compared to our Historical Wresting Federation Network.

Now only $9.98 per month.

I'll be that guy:

sg-cena_10year_pt2_113012.jpg

Usually there's about 1, maybe 2 matches on a pay per view show that I'll actually want to see. The $11 I'd pay per month for the network will cover me for about 3 return trips on the train to and from uni. It takes roughly 30 minutes for each train ride there, and 30 minutes back so with my $11 I get 3 hours worth of travel total. On the other hand, the 1-2 matches I might want to watch per PPV will be lucky to take up one sixth of that time and even if I want to watch an NXT special it's still only half the time in total compared to the train travel.

Time is money. I get more for my money by using it on the train, and during the trip I can look up KB's review of the show anyway :p

i dont have the Network because im poor. i had to get a super cheap internet service, and my TV aint smart. even on my computer im sure it would be super laggy and shit.

besides i got a basic cable package thats good enough to watch Raw and SD in HD so thats pretty good i guess considering besides wrestling and soccer i dont watch much tv..

Not that many people ever ordered a single PPV in the first place. What is the WM record about 1.2 million worldwide? To expect that group plus more to buy a new technology is a stretch. When you only open it to Americans you should be happy you got 700,000.

The math works for the die hard wrestling fans and a lot of casuals too but there is another population of casuals (the ones that are content with reading thr results online or find out the results on Raw) that are not going to buy and may remove themselves completely from the product.
Thread winner here.

The WWE has been facing a structural problem for some time now; the amount of options that people have for consuming entertainment has multiplied exponentially with the advent of the Internet, specifically streaming video. The WWE has made half-hearted Internet offerings for some time now, but the bread and butter of their operation has been retail, advertising, and pay-per-view revenue. Two of those revenue streams are under direct threat; the rates the WWE gets for advertising are dropping, while the PPV model is completely collapsing. (For those of you about to say "but UFC", their PPV numbers are better than the WWE, but not what they were just five years ago; they've gone the opposite route on the PPV problem, with a product that they can get almost all the television hours they want with.)

With two revenue streams under direct pressure, the WWE had to do something, or just die slowly. Hence, the WWE Network. For the low price of $9.99, they hope to convert a lot of those casual viewers who weren't paying for the product into monthly, paying customers; once you get someone on a subscription plan, they're likely to stay on it. The issue is that they needed a LOT of casual viewers to subscribe to make that happen, and their initial numbers (at least the public ones; in someone's head, they might have had a more reasonable number) weren't quite realistic.

One major reason for this is that the viewing options for the casual viewer haven't changed. People who were watching RAW every week, but not buying PPV's haven't had their viewing experience impacted at all, besides knowing beyond any doubt that they could buy into the WWE Network for the low price of $9.99. With the WWE still receiving a significant portion of their money from advertising and television rights, they can't cut back on their TV offerings to the casual viewer. If this group of people weren't buying PPV's in the first place, what's the hook that's worth the low price of $9.99? Right now, there isn't one, and that's why people aren't buying into the WWE Network in the numbers people were expecting.

Барбоса;4971319 said:
A Fatal FourWay between John Cena, Juan Cena, Anec Nhoj and the Prototype?

That would need to have a time limit as no one is doing the job!

My smarm made me post that. I'm just bored of the guy. If WWE had 3 more with his attributes they wouldn't be having such a hard time breaking away from the one.

Funny enough, Raw, Smackdown, Main Event, Superstars, NXT and the entire WWECW are on Hulu+. Separating things even more. You want live PPV streams? WWE Network is your answer. You wanna follow WWE TV closely without cable? Hulu+ & torrents for PPVs. Hulu is winning. Not to mention WWE Network is making older shows easy to rip and reupload, further making their "exclusive content" easy to access outside the Network.

Барбоса;4971319 said:
A Fatal FourWay between John Cena, Juan Cena, Anec Nhoj and the Prototype?

That would need to have a time limit as no one is doing the job!

John 'Mark' Henry Irons

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back