• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's Your Team?

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Many of us like or even love a particular team and in many cases we love more than one. For example I am a fan of the Kentucky Wildcats, Dallas Cowboys and Cleveland Indians. The point of this thread is simple: of all the teams you like or cheer for, who is your favorite and what makes them your favorite?

For me, it's America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys. This team was established in 1961 in the same year as the Minnesota Vikings. Since then the team has won 5 Super Bowl titles, the second most all time, and has been named America's Team for its widespread fan base. As for why I'm a fan of them, the reason is very simple: the first football game I remember watching was Super Bowl XXX as Pittsburgh played Dallas. My father was a Steelers fan so I picked the other team. My team won and I've been a fan ever sense.

NFL - San Francisco 49ers. I was raised on these dudes, and they certainley have my number 1 passion for. I live and die during these games. I have also become partial to The Oakland Raiders. Nor Cal baby.

NCAA - USC - the california all stars. Thats why I love college football. A lot of times, its my state Vs your state. 1A in passion, is FSU. Florida State University Seminoles. for whatever inexplicable reason, I have loved them to death since I was a very small child. I love hard hitting, I love lack of discipline, I love the war chant. I love it all. They also have a pipline to Cali, so I have love for my fellow transplants.

Home town football (soccer) team is Darlington. They are in the lowest league of the English football league pyramid, usually finish just out of the play-offs. WOuld have gone up this season if not for entering administration. Hopes for nextr season? Well if the team doesn't find a buyer they will be kicked out of the league. Oh and the deadline was on wednesday. So it's looking good. Anyone got a new team for me to follow when we eventually do go bust?

Cricket - Durham CCC. Youngest first class county in the league, and we won it for the first time last year. One of our young bowlers has just taken five wickets for England on his debut. Things are looking healthy.

The only reason why Dallas is America's team is because the Rooney family didn't want a moniker over his teams name.

Anyway, the NFL it has to be the Steelers. Pittsburgh born and raised and Steeler football is in our blood. The Steelers are the most successful franchise with six SB's, countless HOF'ers. The Rooneys handle business and are just a top class organization and successful businessmen.

MLB- I am a Pirates fan. When I was a kid they were decent. I've been through their struggles so I came to love them.

NBA- San Antone, I was about 11 when I got into the sport, I fell in love with Pops, Duncan and Robinson.

NFL- Dallas Cowboys. My parents & pretty much most of my family are Cowboys fans & of course I was born in Funky Town(Fort Worth, Texas). They were established in 1960. They have won 5 Super Bowl titles, second all time to the Steegirls & in the 70's they became America's team(they are also God's favorite team seeing as why we have the hole in the roof of our stadium). I grew up in the 90's & of course we were the team of the 90's as we had an all time great RB in Emmitt Smith, a Hall Of Fame QB in the great Troy Aikman, controverial yet great Hall Of Fame WR in Michale Irvin, "Prime Time" Deion Sanders & other great players that helped us win 3 titles in a decade. Just wait they will get their 6th title real soon so we ain't gotta live with the Steegirls having the most titles in the history of the NFL.

Fuck this American Football nonsense, let's talk about real football. English football. A game of skill, a game of passion. Obviously, as most know, I support Manchester United. The greatest team in the world. The way we play football is amazing to watch, only matched by Arsenal. However, we have an end product. Lightning quick counter attacks & deadly finishing, added to a solid defence makes United a fantastic team to watch. World class players, and a never say die attitude. We play to entertain & win, and achieve both with grace and dignity. No-one can touch us.

My team is a soccer/football team. They are known as Glasgow Celtic Football Club and ever since I can remember I have supported them. They are a team that have a fond history and fans that, in my opinion are not matched by any other sports team in the world across any sport. They play in the Scottish Premier League and have won it a number of times. They have also won the European Cup and were the first team in the United Kingdom to do so. Now that the history is out of the way, I am going to tell you some reasons why Celtic are the greatest team in the world.

Firstly, since many of my family have Irish roots it is only natural that I support a team whose roots are also in Ireland. Celtic was founded by Brother Walfrid and used many men who came over to Scotland in the Irish potato famine. A club that is founded by such great history and comes from such torrid times, to then go on and be a supremely successful football team is nothing short of spectacular.

Secondly, the fans that follow Celtic around the world have been called in some parts of the world as the greatest and most passionate fans in the world. I will never forget my first match against Rangers in the Scottish cup. The atmosphere that was generated by the fans in the stadium will maybe never be matched in terms of feeling and intensity, ever again in my life anyway. On many occasions I have followed Celtic into different continents and over the world. Including the United States and South Africa. On each occasion, many have commented that the Celtic fans are so passionate it takes them by surprise. It is also worth mentioning that we have never been any trouble to anyone. We are a well behaved fan group and are welcomed the world over.

Thirdly, the rivalry with our Glasgow neighbours, Rangers might be the best football rivalry in the world. Both sets of fans are ultimately embroiled in there teams so much that they cannot see past there success. The rivalry that we share with Rangers make this club.

That is why I support Celtic.

Fuck this American Football nonsense, let's talk about real football. English football.

Let's talk about you flamebaiting, instead. That sounds like a more appropriate subject given that bullshit in the quote.

Anyway...

My favorite sports franchise above all others, the San Francisco 49ers.

I've been a 49ers fan since the early 90s when I was in elementary school and first got into watching football. My earliest 49ers memory was the 1990 NFC Championship Game against the Giants when the Giants went on to face Buffalo in the Super Bowl. (XXV)

I also remember the 1994 NFC Championship (vs. Dallas) the 1995 playoffs against Green Bay (Adam Walker's fumble), 1998 Wild Card (vs. Green Bay, The Catch II), 2002 Wild Card (vs. NYG, the 24 point comeback) among many others which unfortunately includes the 2-14 2004 season in which both wins were over the same team.

And did I just seriously read a post from a 49ers fan saying that he's "partial" to the Raiders? :headscratch:

I love lack of discipline

You love lack of discipline and you ripped on me for Texas Tech's actions during the season? LOL, what Tech did this year isn't shit compared to the thuggish actions that are continuously pulled at USC and FSU. Not to mention how dirty both of those programs are on the recruiting trail as well.

Anyways, my teams:

I have two that are both equal, it's impossible to put one over the other.

NFL - Dallas Cowboys. I grew up in Texas. That's really all that needs to be said, the majority in this state bleed silver and blue and I was born and raised a fan. I seriously do not have one member of my family that's not a Cowboys fan. We're still in my biased opinion the best franchise in the NFL. The Stealers win shit too controversially for me to think otherwise, especially that absolute joke win over us in Super XIII.

San Francisco 49ers - *sigh* Why did Crabtree have to fall?
suspicious.gif

NCAA - Texas Tech Red Raiders. Everyone use to be a Horn around here (living in West Texas, once Mike Leach made Tech relevant, we gained alot of fans and many go there to stay close to home), I wanted to be different and loved the colors red and black and am always for the underdog in College sports, so that's how they became my team. I've been with them since I was fuck knows, prolly 8-9 or so. Our run last year was the best time I''ve had as a fan of any team. Sadly, being in the same division with superpowers in Texas and OU, I probably won't see anything like that again for many years, but I'll always stick with em'.

And did I just seriously read a post from a 49ers fan saying that he's "partial" to the Raiders? :headscratch:

I got transplanted to the East Coast. The Raiders are from the bay area, Northern California. Out here surrounded by these east coast clowns, I dont have the luxury of speratism.

You love lack of discipline and you ripped on me for Texas Tech's actions during the season? LOL, what Tech did this year isn't shit compared to the thuggish actions that are continuously pulled at USC and FSU. Not to mention how dirty both of those programs are on the recruiting trail as well.

Im speaking more towards ignorance, than poor sportsmanship. FSU players are DECIDEDLY ignorant. You cant hit people that hard, and be a smart person. Tx Tech players were horrible poor sport cry babies. So is their coach. Big difference.

My team has, and always will be, the Washington Redskins. I could sit their and name the super bowls they have won, their great players, blah blah blah; but none of that matters. They could be the absolute worst team, and they'd STILL be my team. They're always a dark horse playoff contenders, and when they're cylinders are actually pumpin' in unison; they're a force to be reckoned with. Even when they're not, though, they're STILL my team.

Hail to the Redskins.

:lmao:

Mike Leach is a poor sport crybaby, yet Bobby Bowden was bitching endlessly about the punishment handed down to him by the NCAA for FSU's 2nd academic cheating scandal? At least Mike Leach runs a clean program, keeps his players out of trouble and actually graduates his players. FSU is widely known for being a dirty piece of shit program that does neither.

And for hitting that hard, and not being that smart because of it, are you being serious? That's possibly the worst reason I've ever heard. Ever. The only things that could be called ignorant from Tech this year was Crabtree not shaking hands with the OU players, but can you really blame him, down 52-7 Nic Harris horse collared him and threw him to the ground, and we're running off at the mouth throughout the game. And then the other was Brandon Carter bitching at the refs in the Cotton Bowl, whoopy shit, it happens.

:lmao:

Mike Leach is a poor sport crybaby, yet Bobby Bowden was bitching endlessly about the punishment handed down to him by the NCAA for FSU's 2nd academic cheating scandal? At least Mike Leach runs a clean program, keeps his players out of trouble and actually graduates his players. FSU is widely known for being a dirty piece of shit program that does neither.

And for hitting that hard, and not being that smart because of it, are you being serious? That's possibly the worst reason I've ever heard. Ever. The only things that could be called ignorant from Tech this year was Crabtree not shaking hands with the OU players, but can you really blame him, down 52-7 Nic Harris horse collared him and threw him to the ground, and we're running off at the mouth throughout the game. And then the other was Brandon Carter bitching at the refs in the Cotton Bowl, whoopy shit, it happens.

Holy crap Wes, read. I like FSU becuase they are ignorant. TX Tech are poor sport cry babies, as is Leach. Running up scores, and and then throwing fits when they got beat. We have been over this tons of times. Thats all its about.

When I talki about lack of discpline, and ignorance, I mean hitting people after the whistle, unecessary roughness, slamming people on the ground for Pass Intereference. stuff like that. I truly dont belive they do it to be poor sports. they are just fucking morons. Like I said. You cant hit people that hard and be intelligent.

Again, awful reason and pretty lame for you to take shots at Tech when the team you like is full of classless cheats. Cheating and playing dirty are much worse than bitching after a tough loss.

Now, where have they thrown these fits? I don't remember shit happening after the OU game outside of Crabtree, and in the Cotton Bowl Carter and only Carter was bitching at the ref for a late hit. So, thats it? And for Leach, his only fit that cost him anything was him bitching over the 2nd year in a row Tech got screwed by refs from Austin that are close to the university. Any coach would have bitched over that because the Big 12 is bullshit.

Again, awful reason and pretty lame for you to take shots at Tech when the team you like is full of classless cheats. Cheating and playing dirty are much worse than bitching after a tough loss.

Now, where have they thrown these fits? I don't remember shit happening after the OU game outside of Crabtree, and in the Cotton Bowl Carter and only Carter was bitching at the ref for a late hit. So, thats it? And for Leach, his only fit that cost him anything was him bitching over the 2nd year in a row Tech got screwed by refs from Austin that are close to the university. Any coach would have bitched over that because the Big 12 is bullshit.

for goodness sakes. cheating is something you do on purpose. I am convinced they dont. They always look so suprised when they get flags. They are just idiots.

Well, gee lets see, im petty sure I was referencing the games in which they got beat by a lot. So, since those were the only two games were that happened. chances are, those are the only two incidents. In both of those games, Tx Tech players were starting scraps after just about every play in the second half, hitting people late, and generally making a huge crybaby fit spectacle of themselves. The irony of it being, they ran up the scorse all year on teams that were much less talented than them, and continued to dance wildly and call attention to themselves no matter how bad the score was. Yet, when they get THEIR asses beat, they want to start fights, talk a bunch of shit from the sidlelines, not shake hands after the game, and cry about refs. I guess thats not considered poor sportsmanship as long as a team from Texas is doing it.

Leach. Maybe his crying about the refs, the Big 12, Graham Harrel not going to the heisman ceremony, his big tiff with Tx Tech administartion after the season, him crying about Harrel not being drafted, him crying about Crabtree going number ten, him crying about Eric Mangini supposedly being the REASON Crabtree didnt go til ten. Hm. Sounds like a lot of crying to me.

for goodness sakes. cheating is something you do on purpose. I am convinced they dont. They always look so suprised when they get flags. They are just idiots.

Yes, yes they are. And it's complete horseshit for you to suck them off, yet bash Tech for bitching. Like I said, cheating and dirty play is much worse than bitching.

In both of those games, Tx Tech players were starting scraps after just about every play in the second half, hitting people late, and generally making a huge crybaby fit spectacle of themselves.

You obviously weren't paying attention to OU. OU was doing all of the above that you just said and Tech players reacted, like any team that just had their entire season flushed down the shitter would.

The Ole Miss game, that's bullshit. Everything was pretty calm until Carter went off on the refs. I was there, so unless the TV caught something I didn't, you're pulling stuff out of your arse.

The irony of it being, they ran up the scorse all year on teams that were much less talented than them,

Gawd, we ran up the score once this year, it was against A&M, and it was on a running play. They should have stopped us from scoring.

The other two where we scored TD's late were Kansas and Oklahoma State. In the KU game we ran it down their throats with our entire 2nd team, running clock and they weren't stopping it. Potts threw a TD with like 8 mins to go.

OSU, we put in our entire second team, Potts needed game experience and Leach let him throw it. Okie St was god awful and couldn't even stop them. We eventually scored with 3 mins left.

Wow, getting players experience in garbage time is totally classless.

and continued to dance wildly and call attention to themselves no matter how bad the score was.

:confused:

We were winning the game, so?

Yet, when they get THEIR asses beat, they want to start fights, talk a bunch of shit from the sidlelines, not shake hands after the game, and cry about refs.

I already explained this. You're blaming Brandon Carter for going nuts, ok. It wasn't the entire team, I don't know where you're getting that from. And in the OU game, anyone with a pair of eyes that watched that game knows OU was being dirty and talking shit throughout the game.

I guess thats not considered poor sportsmanship as long as a team from Texas is doing it.

A&M was, Carter was. But you're making it sound like it's the entire team and Leach.

Leach. Maybe his crying about the refs,

He's done this once, and it was a great point and needed to be addressed. Alot like all of the coaches that bitch continuously about the BCS.

Graham Harrel not going to the heisman ceremony,

That was a joke. He should have been quiet, but you know the media they were all over him for a quote. He's Mike fucking Leach.

What does that have to do with bitching over losses like you were claiming. This is completely off from the original argument.

his big tiff with Tx Tech administartion after the season,

Has nothing to do with being a poor sport after getting beat. But yes I agree, the shit he pulled there was uncalled for.

him crying about Harrel not being drafted, him crying about Crabtree going number ten, him crying about Eric Mangini supposedly being the REASON Crabtree didnt go til ten

Yet again, what in the blue fuck does this have to do with being a poor sport? This is off the field shit he was pulling because it's recruiting season. He's taking up for his players.

Hm. Sounds like a lot of crying to me.

I'm not disagreeing on the off the field shit, I was talking about you claiming like was a crybaby tit after losses.

im a big rangers fan as i was born in govan but i moved to inverness a few years ago to get out of the hectic city.

rangers have won more trophys than any other football team in the world.
there unwillingness to give up and tireless defence is brilliant and their run to the uefa cup final last season is proof of how you dont need money to win games, you need team spirit and belief.

rangers now look set to clinch their 52 title as they are top of the spl by 2 points with 3 games to go and celtic are bound to drop points to dundee utd tonight ;)

Football - Leeds United - Born and bred in Leeds grew up watching the likes of Strachen,Mc Callister,Speed and Batty and onto the new generation of Beckford,Becchio,Delph and Howson.

Rugby League - Leeds Rhinos - only started watching them about ten years ago, but fell in love with the sport and the team. Truely Great.

NFL - San Francisco 49ers - Being from England I didnt really understand the game of NFL till about 03. My mate and I decided to give the sport a chance and picked a team to support, he pick Tampa I Picked San Fran. Got hooked on the sport and always watch the games when they are on Sky Sports.

NFL-I've been a Jacksonville Jaguars fan since their inception in 1995. I grew up loving them and getting to see them. They are one of the most successful expansion franchises in NFL history, making the playoffs in 4 of the 1st 5 seasons, and the conference championships twice. I love the way the Jags play football and how we are always an underdog. As a Jags fan, it is mandatory for me to hate the Indianapolis Colts (aka twinks), Houston Texans (aka tinhorns), and the Tennessee Titans (aka tacks). I wanna write more, but I don't feel like it, so I'll probably just edit my post later.

NorCal is a homer.

LOL, me too.

Pro: Football - The Titans. Steve McNair and Eddie George didn't move my team, so I never turned against them. Plus, I think Jeff Fisher is a great coach, who doesn't always get his due. He runs the ball and plays defense. That is how football is supposed to be played. The Texans gain on the Titans every year, and will surpass them in my heart soon.

Baseball - The Astros. When I was a child, my best friend's daddy was a sports anchor, and I got to meet some of the guys, go into the clubhouse, etc. I love everything about this team, from their promotions of homegrown talent, to their consistency. This is going to be a bad year, but we can unload some contracts and find some pitching.

NBA - The Rockets. Hakeem Olajuwon was my favorite athlete growing up. I love Yao, wish T-Mac could stay healthy, and am very proud of how Ron Artest has grown as a man. I will be an Aaron Brooks fan forever, and Scola is my favorite Euro, ever.

College: Texas. They are consistently good at the three major sports, they devote an amazing amount of resources to the women, which is good for college sports as a whole, and continue to do things the right way, minus a few arrests now and then.

I have two teams I live and die by.

Kentucky Basketball

No College Basketball team is more storied, more historic and wins more games than the Kentucky Wildcats. Since 1993, I've been a huge, diehard UK fan. And this year, it's National Title number 8!

and in baseball...

Chicago Cubs

It takes a true fan to put up with the 'lovable losers' title this team gets because they've not won a World Series since 1908. I've been a fan since the early '90's, the days of Grace, Sandberg, Buchelle, Glenallen Hill, Shawon Dunston, Andre Dawson and more. I watched this team beat the Cincinnati Reds for the National League Central Title and it made me happy. Everywhere.

Of course, I also like the Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Lakers, and Chelsea Soccer.

I am definitely a homer, all the Philly teams (the best city, also home of ECW and now ROH). But I live and die with the Phillies especially. Also root for the Eagles. Not as much of a hockey or basketball fan, but I will watch a Flyers or Sixers game if I am bored.
As for college football, my dad is from the souuth and raised me an Alabama fan, which was tough growing up around all the idiot Penn State fans.

NFL

New England Patriots: I was 8 years old when I first became a Pats fan back in 1997. We lost the Super Bowl and I was heartbroken to see us lose to the Green Bay Packers. I hated both Brett Favre and Reggie White forever after that. 4 years later we would win our first of three super bowls in four years. We've had greats like Tom Brady,Mike Vrabel,Tedi Bruschi,Randy Moss,and Troy Brown come through. Guys like Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy leave through Free Agency, and an undefeated season...well until the super bowl. I hate the Giants. I love my team and I can't wait until we capture our fourth super bowl title this year when Brady comes back.

NBA

Miami Heat: I'll be honest I've watched Basketball for years and never had a team just enjoyed the sport. But the magical run the Heat had in 2006 with their triumph over the Mavericks made me a fan. Dwayne Wade is one of the leagues three best players and the Heat are on the rise with Micheal Beasley and Mario Chalmers as well as Wade.

MLB

New York Yankees: While I realize how contradictory it is to be a Yankees and Patriots fan I'm from neither Boston or New York thus I have no loyalties toward either. Simply put the greatest dynasty in all of sports bar none. I'm proud to call myself a yankees fan.

NHL

Detroit Red Wings:
11 Stanley Cups and the longest current streak of postseason appearances as well as being the current NHL champions. Detroit is hockey town. Go Red Wings!

NCAAF/B

Florida Gators:
4 NBA players since their back to back championships for basketball and Tim Tebow for football ...nuff said.

Let's see here:

MLB-Boston Red Sox- Nevermind the Yankees. They pay for their rings, and half their roster is there for the fat check (read: Johnny Damon is a traitor). The Red Sox are the Original World Series Champs. Nobody else can claim that. Outside of that, some TRUE LEGENDS of the Game played at the Huntington Avenue Baseball Grounds. Roll call: Cy Young, Chick Stahl, Bill Dinnene (sp?), amongst others. Hell we had the Babe before he was anybody. Also, they have a passion for something beside money.

NHL- Look at the user name, then you'll see. The reason is simply cause they're the only team from Ohio who can have a good season these days.

NFL- Joke answer: The Bengals. I mean come on, we all know they're takin' it all this year! Now on the serious side: The Pats. I honestly make it a point to watch their games (work permitting). Pretty much the only NFL team I follow.

getting a little more obscure: ECHL- The Cyclones. I'm just hoping they can pull off a win tomorrow to stay in the Kelly Cup playoffs.

College: 1. Georgia Tech (BSCE '08) 2. Michigan
NFL: 1. Falcons 2. I want to root for the Lions but due to obvious reasons... >_>
NBA: Don't care enough for a team to root for
NHL: 1. Red Wings 2. Thrashers
MLB: 1. Braves 2. Tigers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back