• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who you think will win this season's Champions League?

LFC till i die

Mrs Drizzy <3
I havent seen a thread on this topic so i thought i'd make one.

For all the football lovers (soccer for you Americans), who do you think is going to win the Champions League this season?

Here are the teams that are still in the competition:

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Chelsea
Manchester United
Tottenham
Shahktar Donetsk
Inter Milan
Schalke

The obvious pick is Barcelona and that is my pick. I mean who eles in the competition is a stronger team than Barca? No one. There are probably the greatest team i have ever seen and i wish my beloved Liverpool FC could play the beautiful football that Barcelona do. They completly destroyed Shahktar Donetsk and God know what they will do to Real Madrid in the next round (there's no way Tottenham are going to beat Real after they got trashed to). Barcelona thrashed Real Madrid this season with a scoreline that even suprised me. 5-0 was it?

So there you have it. Barcelona are my pick to win this seasons Champions League. Who do you think will win ? and no biased answers please !!!

Whoever wins between Barca and Real, most likely Barcelona. United and Chelsea are a bit poo by comparison.

My mistake, Schalke.

If teams were not so scared of Barcelona then they would not be made to look so 'invincible'.

I could back an Italian side to beat them by relying on their defence, much like Inter did last year in the Camp Nou, while if Arsene Wenger did not have such a complex about playing good football and fully embraced a strategy of counter attacking wingers, Arsenal could have beaten them this year.

Playing against Barca, you have to accept that you will not see that much of the ball but when you do get it you must make optimum use of it. Both Man Utd and Chelsea are both good defensively and with players like Valencia, Nani, Malouda etc. have the ability to play quick counter attacking football. They also have big strong headers of the ball like Vidic, Ferdinand, Drogba, Terry, Ivanovic etc. so they should not be scared to lump the ball into the box from a free kick or throw in. This is something that Arsenal did not fully grasp, even though on the few occasions they did so in the Camp Nou they looked like scoring and did force an own goal.

Barca will overwhelm the defenses of Man U and Chelsea. Both the counter attacks of United and Chelsea cannot even come close to the brilliancy of Inters counters during Maurinho and I feel as though the defenses of Barca will stand strong and thier midfield would score a goal eventually. Real Mardrid can match Barca quite handily but when considering recent memory Barca's mental edge would tip the favors in their advantage. But when they do play, it's gonna epic as hell.

The Barca defence without Puyol can be pretty fragile and they play a dangerous game in relying on 1on1 defending. Any time Wilshire got on the ball in the Camp Nou, Pique, Alves, Abidal and Busquets were caught high up the pitch and had Walcott been fit to play he would have had a field day. If Nicolas Bendtner can get a chance to eliminate Barca then the likes of Drogba or Rooney can get chances too.

Barcelona are the greatest football team, since the early 70s Brazil team, which is why Barca will win.

I think that whoever plays Barcelona and harbors real hopes of winning, you have to admit to yourself that they will score at least one goal with the attacking players they have, and then just play on the counter, as I'm sure Mourinho would have done last year if he hadn't been reduced to 10 men early on.

This has the special one written all over it.

&#1041;&#1072;&#1088;&#1073;&#1086;&#1089;&#1072;;3013443 said:
Not possible. They have already been drawn to play in the semi.

lol you said Barry was a defender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back