• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who you can't stand the most? Michael Cole vs. Jonathan Coachman.

123NewChamp

Pre-Show Stalwart
What's good everybody? I got a good threat. Basically plain and simple, Who you can't stand the most The Coach or Michael Cole. A little bit of Background information:

Both started out as backstage announcers, doing interviews with superstars and getting clowned and intimidated by the likes of The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin. And later got called up to call Raw and Smackdown, and have very important roles. Then later on, The Coach became somehat like Bishcoff's confidant, and Bishoff's right hand man, having a brief feud with Jerry Lawler, Hornswoggle and a few others as well as becoming the most hated announcer problably person on the show. Michael Cole, basically right now is the current antagonist of the WWE Broadcast Team. He became known for making the announcements for the mysterious Raw Interim GM which made him ratherly annoying, and also he had a brief feud with the King as well as cheating JR out of his spot on as lead announcer on Raw.

So which broadcast announcer do you all just can't stand the most? To me, it's Michael Cole. He just talks too much and really annoying. All of a sudden a Puny out of shape tight spandex wearing announcer is a monster heel on the bradcast booth as well as the show, and he just urks my nerves. It's hard to watch a match with Cole calling a match. He just talk and act like he's untouchable and he can't be harmed. Cole just need a size 12 up his you know what. But Coach wasn't so bad, honestly, coach had a cool swag about him which made him very cocky and arrogant. But with Coach, he would either end up getting beaten up or clowned and that took away from his annoyance cause that was the best thing about him. It was real funny when Hornswoggle Blew him up under the ring. But anyway, who you can't stand? The Coach or Michael Cole?

I would go with Michael Cole. For one because of his "vintage" bs whenever superstars perform their signature moves. Then the fact that he calls moves by the wrong name all the time. Since when is a power slam a scoop slam? Also Coach was more for comedy and we see him get his by the end of the night. Cole pisses people off then gets away with it. On a side note, once when the WWE came to Ft Hood I sat there and watched the Coach accept a dollar from a fan for an autograph as he was getting ready to take off in his limo.

I absolutely hated Coach's announcing. His voice was one of the few wrestling voices that I find to be annoying and often times, I muted the tv while watching a match he was calling. I don't see what the WWE saw in Coach...like at all. As for Cole, he's very bearable. Cole sports a natural voice that accompanies the ring action nicely. However, it became a problem when Cole slowly started to turned heel early this year. Michael Cole became quite unbearable. A combination of too many references toward himself and the putdown of the talent in the ring realy became annoying. He has since toned it down a bit. Cole is by far the better announcer. Coach seemed like a last resort of sorts. JR left (or whatever) and they really had no one to take over the play by play announcing on Raw. Cole seems perfect for the job. Don't let his heel persona fool you, he's a damn fine announcer.

Cole > Coach.

There were some things I preferred about Coach but at the same time Cole has some very strong positives as well. First off both of them have pissed me off alot in the past, Coach's crappy commentary and his annoying favorites games were a major pain in the ass but I enjoyed when he would get involved in matches as a ref and then got his ass kicked. Cole is one of the best commentators of all time and nobody can dispute that, but at the same time his desire to boost himself while on commentary and all of his idiotic feuding with JR and Lalwer were horrible. I would have to say even though Cole brings more good things to the table he has also pissed me off beyond belief, the fact that we have to listen to him go on about how great he is already ticks me off but the fact that we've had to watch him in matches(including Wrestlemania) and sit through stupid shit like his Michael Cole Challenge with JR gives him the nod here.

I'd take an announcing booth full of Coach's over a Cole anyday. Well wait no I take that back.

PAST Cole I would really enjoy. I could really deal with the old Cole from back in the day. This NEW Michael Cole is ridiculous. If we are talking about the OLD Michael Cole then Old School Cole destroys Coach. Present Day Cole sucks major ass compare to Coach.

Coach was definitely better than Cole is. Cole is supposed to be annoying and it works 100% but announcer-wise I'd rather listen to coach. It's fine to have a heel announcer but like Cole says about Ryder... it feels force fed.

I can't stand Coach the most.

Michael Cole>Coach anyday.

Cole is a good commentator, and yes his heel character is annoying as FUCK but he is a good commentator. Unlike Coach who in my opinion has one of the most annoying voices I've ever heard in WWE.

Michael Cole hands down, the guy is intelligent and knows what is going on, but he spends all his time arguing with his co-commentators, whether it was with JBL or Lawler or his Smmackdown co-commentators.
The only time i found him remotely engaging was when he was Smackdown with JBL and that's only cause JBL absolutely sucked on the commentry spot

Jonathon Coachman wasn't a great announcer but he was still entertaining, Cole was never entertaining other then when The Rock was making fun of him. Cocach on the other hand was entertaining as hell when Rock was making fun of him and even away from that he was a comedy jobber.

Wheras when Cole was a face announcer he was still annoying to the ears and what he portrays atm is just stupid, it's beyond a joke.

I would say Cole is the better commentator but his over the top persona these days is a bit untolerable (though I guess that's the point). I guess the question should be if you mean Coach vs Cole now or Coach vs. Cole of that time period since I'm sure that would change the outcome on some of these

I can't stand Michael Cole. He used to be okay, when he just called the matches straight, but I hate his heel persona.

"But a heel persona is supposed to be hated."

Okay, I understand, but when it's an annoying announcer it's constantly in your face. Bobby Heenan was a heel commentator, but he was funny and entertaining. Cole is neither. He's just annoying. I'm sorry, but I fast forward through a lot of his rants on my DVR, and I wish there was a way I could block out all of the commentary and just hear the crowd.

I bet RAW and Smackdown have lost viewers because Cole is so annoying.

Just call the matches straight.

The problem with this question is that neither of them are true "announcers". They parrot 60% of their dialogue from what Vinny Mac is yelling in their ear. NOW, from a vocalization stand point Cole is far more "grating" on on the ears. His voice can at time hit octaves that even make Whitney Houston go "Damnnnnn boie; now wheres my crack rock Bobbie"!?

From a "persona" stand-point Cole is far and above superior. He has found a way to deliver his dialogue & in ring gab to a perfect hint of smarmy mr grinch mixed in with tepid child like delivery.

Cole will ALWAYS suffer from being known as the guy who "replaced" JR. So most fans will hate him no matter what. Even if that statement is not based in fact, we all resent he took the chair form one of the top 4 Wrastl'n announcers of all time.

Maybe its more of a question to ask would you rather see Vince allow his announcers to call a match from the hip, per say, rather than follow the script he is forcing them to call.

Cole is a far better announcer and I firmly believe him to be the best play-by-play announcer alive today, and the second best of all time after Gorilla Monsoon. That being said, his heel turn has made him absolutely unbearable. Cole is at his best when he is an unbiased announcer. This heel gimmick desperately needs to end.

I preferred The Coach but, to me, his voice was an octave or 2 too high when he commentated...What he had to say was good, just the level he said it was off....and his heel character was quite cool in the scared comedy heel kinda way

Coach is so much better. His interviews with The Rock back in the day were priceless! I liked Michael Cole but ever since WWE turned him into the annoying "character" he is I just cant stand him anymore. I say character and not announcer because of what he has done in the last year or so. Wrestling, GM mouthpiece, etc.

I miss Coach though. WWE didn't shove him down our throats like Cole and he was more himself that Cole is. I love watching ESPN only to see Coach.

It has to be Cole because there seems to be no end in sight for the torture, and I personally have stopped watching WWE in most part to him and Johnny Ace, and happy to watch TNA now. With Coach, he actually got his ass kicked by Stone Cold and DX, but with Cole it was just Bret Hart and King, yet he is still here. For a good Heel you have to have the satisfaction of the Heel gets what they deserve and learn their lesson eventually, Cole will never shut his trap thus dooms the WWE Universe to use their mute button on Monday and Friday Nights.

Michael Cole, and it's by a pretty wide margin. I actually liked Coach during most of his time in WWE, unlike Cole who was boring for many years until recently when he got so annoying that it made me miss the boring version of him. Coachman might not have been the best GM or announcer but he was tolerable and I enjoyed him in both roles. Cole is constantly showing his Miz fanboyism, talks too much about Twitter, had the terrible feuds with Lawler and Ross that wasted our time as fans, and we all remember being frustrated at "AND I QUOTE" when he read the emails from the anonymous GM. How anyone can like Cole more than Coachman is beyond me because few rival him in level of annoyance.

The problem with this is people associate the announcers with their respective eras. So when people think coach, they think rock, austin, dx. When people think cole, they think orton, cena. Obviously people will tell you they like coach better but you have to go with cole he is a much better announcer even though his heel character is stale

i cant stand michael cole. i liked him in the beginning wen he was on smackdown
but now i dont like him.he is straight up annoying.

Michael Cole is terrible. plain and simple. even before his turn to heel he was lack luster and plain. the only thing he was good for was when Edge and Christian were a tag team and they used to tear him apart...it was AWESOME. Michael Cole is not a god replacement for JR. granted no one could replace good old JR, but good lord is he just terrible. and as for Coach...oh boy, what do i say about him other than ''just unbearable'' he is the opposite of the bee's knees lol. which kinda of weird because he really isn't that bad on ESPN. i can actually sit through him speaking without leaving the room or changing the channel. if i had to pick though, I would say i hate Michael Cole more because he an awful replacment for JR.

BRING BACK JR FULL TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Cole is a much better announcer than Coach. Go back and watch some of the matches during the Lesnar era of Smackdown. Cole would focus on the in ring action.

If you dont like his new heel style and not calling half the matches...blame Vince and creative. They are the ones that are telling Cole to act like that.

really, my biggest problems with Cole is more on the booking and when he screams. i HATE it when he screams because it's just so loud that you want to mute your TV. with THAT said, i hate how WWE books their announcers. they make Cole out to basically get the upperhand on Lawler and they shouldnt. When Cole runs his mouth on beating King at Wrestlemania, King should respond by saying, "yeah, but you were the one who lost to me at over the limit and had to kiss my foot." and when he insults Booker, they should let him respond by saying, yeah and when were you a world champion?? but they need to have him quit yelling, it's mute my tv annoying.

Cole is by far the worse of the two. coachman was a popcorn fart, but he was funny to watch. Cole is getting worse and worse every week. my hatred for him started back when he started bashing Daniel Bryan. the thankfully short-lived anonymous GM era, and then his Cole Challenges were quite unbearable also.

I look at it this way, if I was in a bar and saw the coach, I'd probably buy him a beer and tell him I loved his comedy segments. if it was cole I'd probably tell him to get the F**k away from me, and that he's annoying as hell.

Cole, and it's not even close. Coach was always pretty funny to me, and he didn't dominate the broadcast. Cole was ok (though boring) and tolerable when he knew his role and just did the job. As for this heel persona of his...it's creatives fault, as they allow him to do all of this..I thought it had run it's course and they were backing him off but even on Smackdown tonight he was out of fucking control... It's sad to me that they are in need of making all these new stars in the ring and they give so much focus to this guy...makes no sense, they even gave him a match at Wrestlemania and it was awful, I'm sure even Jerry Lawler is embarrassed by his "Wrestlemania moment". Also...Booker T owns Cole on commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back